Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

21 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

There needs to be a lot more focus on trying to vote out every single GOP politician that is mathematically in play. It is crucial they lose the Senate in November as well. And at every state and district level. 

If/when Trump loses, the party will not rebound. Their bench is filled with dangerous and disingenuous cowards. Complete folly to believe there is anyone currently in office at any level that will straighten out the GOP. 

Hear hear.

Last election cycle I voted based on each candidate's platform. But no more, I'm voting straight democrat to try to root out the evil from president down to town dog catcher. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

There is a strong chance there will not be a presidential election this year. 

No there isn't. Even if everything you mentioned came to pass, elections are administered at the state level. Blue states plus WI, MI, PA, NC - all run by Democrats, and all of which would be stone cold Biden locks in this scenario - would run their elections, get well past 270 EV, and that's that. Stupid ass red states can do what they want but that's just ensuring stronger Democratic control of the federal government, which will punish the hell out of them for defying federal law. Here come Puerto Rico and DC as states too.

Trump's and the GOP's incompetence is on full display for four years and y'all think they can postpone an election lol. They couldn't even repeal Obamacare with the trifecta. Fuck out of here.
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Prepare for the entire country to be a war zone in October and November. 

100% this. desantis has to be the #1 most likely to go this route. he's dumb and 100% up trump's ass. it'll go like this - reports from trump and oan that miami area voting is rampant with fake / illegal votes. desantis and the st leg buys in and refuses to certify the election results. abbott is #2 on that list, he's slightly less dumber than desantis but the tx leg is fully up trump's ass, led by dan patrick. trump and oan will push the narrative of election fraud in houston / dallas / san antonio / austin. abbott and the gang of trumpers will follow FL's lead. Georgia will also be in this group. 

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

We have a president with no understanding or respect for what the republic even is. His entire life has been spent evading laws and failing at almost every endeavor. He is provably a cheat and a liar. We have the very opposite of George Washington as chief executive.

And the United States chose him. More than a third will choose him, again.

This miscreant knows that leaving office will put him in immediate jeopardy of criminal prosecution. Delaying an election after lying about the reliability of voting is just an opening move. 

He and his henchmen claim the nation is in chaos and beset by violent anarchists who want to destroy your God, burn your cities, and move negroes into your neighborhoods. He has dispatched federal soldiers (call them cops or border patrol or whatever, but look how they dress and arm themselves. They're soldiers.) to "restore order."

Congress needs to take to the streets with the people.

There needs to be a national strike to jolt the ruling class.

The Tree of Liberty has drooping, drying leaves. If peaceful demonstration does not right things, then we will need to do more than fight dirty in the political arena.

The Tree of Liberty is becoming a banana tree. Yet again, we must wonder: How are the Army and the Guard disposed toward current events? What mechanisms are there outside of the Executive Branch to command or restrain them?

How tamely will we go into that dark night?

This is a real and valid discussion.

We live in an America where this is a real and valid discussion.

People actually need to think -- and not in some fever dream, but prompted by actual, public statements of the POTUS -- about the remedy of armed revolt.

The GOP brought us here.  They were complicit accomplices the whole way.  Never, ever forget that.  And never, EVER forgive it.  They are incapable of reform, changing course, etc. -- the best they will do is lie for a period of time about how they've seen the light....and then promptly revert back to BEING WHO THEY ARE, AND WHO THEY'VE SHOWN THEMSELVES TO BE.

20 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

No there isn't. Even if everything you mentioned came to pass, elections are administered at the state level. Blue states plus WI, MI, PA, NC - all run by Democrats, and all of which would be stone cold Biden locks in this scenario - would run their elections, get well past 270 EV, and that's that. Stupid ass red states can do what they want but that's just ensuring stronger Democratic control of the federal government, which will punish the hell out of them for defying federal law. Here come Puerto Rico and DC as states too.

Trump's and the GOP's incompetence is on full display for four years and y'all think they can postpone an election lol. They couldn't even repeal Obamacare with the trifecta. Fuck out of here.

They don't need to be legally empowered to do so, they just need to have enough sympathetic people with guns and the rest of America to not rise up and overthrow them. Can they successfully pull it off? I seriously doubt it, because he's too incompetent and too unpopular, but they're damned well going to try.

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

100% this. desantis has to be the #1 most likely to go this route. he's dumb and 100% up trump's ass. it'll go like this - reports from trump and oan that miami area voting is rampant with fake / illegal votes. desantis and the st leg buys in and refuses to certify the election results. abbott is #2 on that list, he's slightly less dumber than desantis but the tx leg is fully up trump's ass, led by dan patrick. trump and oan will push the narrative of election fraud in houston / dallas / san antonio / austin. abbott and the gang of trumpers will follow FL's lead. Georgia will also be in this group. 

Well then, we'll be at war.  A real, bonafide shooting war.

I hate Abbott as much as anyone but I do think he's smart enough to read the tea leaves. Self preservation is his number one priority. Texas is a tossup and if Trump actually goes down this path he could lose Texas. I don't think Abbott would go down as a martyr for Trump. He thinks too highly of himself for that. Not unlike Trump himself.

But who knows. Maybe the republic is already dead.

3 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I hate Abbott as much as anyone but I do think he's smart enough to read the tea leaves. Self preservation is his number one priority. Texas is a tossup and if Trump actually goes down this path he could lose Texas. I don't think Abbott would go down as a martyr for Trump. He thinks too highly of himself for that. Not unlike Trump himself.

But who knows. Maybe the republic is already dead.

dan patrick runs the senate and house ?

2 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

His troops are on message. 

Don't worry, Pompeo.....we'll build a LOT of guillotines.

2 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I got money says Barr and the DOJ do have something to do with this.  Barr will stand up and claim its legal.  The R talking point on Fox News will be about, "how horrible the Democrats are for making people go vote during this horrible pandemic.  Apparently the Dems don't care about the lives of Americans."  I can hear it being spewed from the mouths of McConnel, Graham, Ingraham, Hannity, etc...

They will.   And we will be at war.

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

If he loses the election, he's no longer president on 1/20/21 no matter what he says or does.

Sure he is -- all he has to do is stay in the White House, operate as president, legitimized by support from every GOP lawmaker, and protected by loyalist paramilitary forces (if you think what the Erik Prince and CBT brigades have been doing in Portland etc. isn't a dry run for a fight to defend the White House, you haven't been listening to Trump's actual words).

There is a material chance that we will have a firefight for control of the White House.

This is all on the GOP.  They have stated that if they can't have the country, NOBODY can, and they'll destroy it.  They are following through on that threat.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

well, obama is currently speaking, so i'll let you connect the dots.

also, it's on every fucking channel.  and we know trump spends a good chunk of his day in a room with several tvs on watching cable news, network news, etc, and obama is looking at him from every single tv set.  so yeah, it's not shocking that he's calling in the press corps to do/say something outrageous to try and get the spotlight back for a minute.

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Sure he is -- all he has to do is stay in the White House, operate as president, legitimized by support from every GOP lawmaker, and protected by loyalist paramilitary forces (if you think what the Erik Prince and CBT brigades have been doing in Portland etc. isn't a dry run for a fight to defend the White House, you haven't been listening to Trump's actual words).

wait, so you're saying he'll just sit in the white house all day, pretending to be president, just watching tv and airing his grievances on twitter, but not actually doing any governing?

what kind of fairy tale land you living in?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

also, it's on every fucking channel.  and we know trump spends a good chunk of his day in a room with several tvs on watching cable news, network news, etc, and obama is looking at him from every single tv set.  so yeah, it's not shocking that he's calling in the press corps to do/say something outrageous to try and get the spotlight back for a minute.

It wasn’t on OAN. They were, I shit you not, commemorating Herman Cain. I checked. 

11 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Goddamn, it's refreshing to hear from Obama. How anyone can listen to him speak, then listen to Trump speak, and conclude that Trump is their guy is beyond me.

Okay, not really, I know why. 

You see, it's easy once you realize that Obama is black.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, The Dog said:

Republicans openly challenge Trump's tweet on delaying election

Not sure whether y'all will like this or not.

why throw that qualifier out there? of course those of us who want this country to survive would like that. maybe, just maybe, some R's are pushing back on his authoritarian bullshit. maybe.

2 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Republicans openly challenge Trump's tweet on delaying election

Not sure whether y'all will like this or not.

they can read the writing on the wall.

i think there will be a shocking (but not really) number of republican lawmakers who come out with their sob stories post-trump.  it'll be about how they love america and how they tried to respect the rule of law and process of governing, and they were constantly the lone voice of reason in the room, but trump just did whatever he wanted, and they were doing their best from the inside to protect the country and our citizens.

they're spineless now, and they'll be spineless later.  whatever keeps their name on a ballot.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i think there will be a shocking (but not really) number of republican lawmakers who come out with their sob stories post-trump.  it'll be about how they love america and how they tried to respect the rule of law and process of governing, and they were constantly the lone voice of reason in the room, but trump just did whatever he wanted, and they were doing their best from the inside to protect the country and our citizens.

they're spineless now, and they'll be spineless later.  whatever keeps their name on a ballot.

So, on top of being cowards and liars now, they'll be ultra cowards and liars later.

Fuck em.  We need more Esso stations.

dan patrick runs the senate and house ?
I mean, he runs the Senate when it's in session. They'd be meeting specifically to certify EVs out of session, as they always do. I don't what he could do to block that. He doesn't have any power in the house, beyond unofficial political pressure.

I was responding to a post claiming Abbott would be playing up the claims of fraud or whatever. Obviously the lege will do what it does, which is overwhelmingly likely to be certifying the results of the vote (in itself still very likely to be a Trump win anyway) and moving on.

And a nontrivial number of suburban voters will fall all over themselves to vote for them when they see Democrats in full control, and Republicans are whining about spending.

Trump’s speakerphone conversation with a senator in a Washington restaurant is caught on tape.

merlin_172250937_cda7183b-b3e2-4dec-beb3

Senator James Inhofe, the chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, assured President Trump that he would not change the names of “military forts and bases.”Senator James Inhofe, the chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, assured President Trump that he would not change the names of “military forts and bases.”Credit...Shawn Thew/European Pressphoto Agency

President Trump called Sen. James Inhofe, Republican from Oklahoma, on Wednesday night for a conversation that Mr. Inhofe put on speakerphone to hear better as he sat in a Washington restaurant, Maggie Haberman reports.

The conversation, overheard and recorded by someone in the room, ranged from a discussion about Anthony Tata, the retired Army brigadier general whose nomination for a top Pentagon policy position has become complicated, to Mr. Trump’s desire to preserve the name of Robert E. Lee, a Confederate general, on a military base.

“We’re gonna keep the name of Robert E. Lee?” Mr. Trump asked Mr. Inhofe, 85, who sat at Trattoria Alberto, a Capitol Hill Italian restaurant that is a favorite haunt of Washington Republicans, as he took the call. Mr. Inhofe put the phone to his ear but put Mr. Trump on speakerphone, and the president’s voice was audible by people sitting at other tables.

Mr. Inhofe, the chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, replied, “Just trust me, I’ll make it happen.”

Mr. Trump went on, “I had about 95,000 positive retweets on that. That’s a lot,” appearing to refer to a Twitter post last Friday in which he said that Mr. Inhofe had assured him that he won’t change the names of “military forts and bases” and that the senator “is not a believer in ‘Cancel Culture.’”

Mr. Trump, in the Wednesday night phone call, could be heard criticizing “cancel culture” and then told Mr. Inhofe that people “want to be able to go back to life,” and then appeared to dismiss the focus on the cultural shift taking place across the country with an expletive.

Goddamn, it's refreshing to hear from Obama. How anyone can listen to him speak, then listen to Trump speak, and conclude that Trump is their guy is beyond me.
Okay, not really, I know why. 
+Rep all day on this.

Hearing Obama today felt like coming up from a deep snorkel dive with your lungs straining for that last bit of oxygen before you break the surface then breathing in deeply.

Going to sit the kids down tonight and have them watch the various eulogies as it's a true moment in history.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

Maybe there's some merit to an election delay. I guess that's assuming she gets re-elected. 

Only Congress can move the election, which won't happen. But even if there was a possibility of no election in November, the president's term still ends at noon January 20 under the constitution. The military leaders will not recognize his authority after that time. But Pelosi is also on November's ballot, and I don't know if there is a "holdover" provision if there is no election for the House of Representatives. Assuming there is not, that means Pelosi would be in limbo since she is on the ballot (regardless of the fact that she is a certainty to win). The next in line in Senate Pro Tem Chuck Grassley, who is not up for reelection until 2022, so under this theory, he becomes president as the only office holder whose office was not affected by the delayed election. Just my thoughts on how that might work in the scenario that is truly not possible in reality.

• Like 1

Only Congress can move the election, which won't happen. But even if there was a possibility of no election in November, the president's term still ends at noon January 20 under the constitution. The military leaders will not recognize his authority after that time. But Pelosi is also on November's ballot, and I don't know if there is a "holdover" provision if there is no election for the House of Representatives. Assuming there is not, that means Pelosi would be in limbo since she is on the ballot (regardless of the fact that she is a certainty to win). The next in line in Senate Pro Tem Chuck Grassley, who is not up for reelection until 2022, so under this theory, he becomes president as the only office holder whose office was not affected by the delayed election. Just my thoughts on how that might work in the scenario that is truly not possible in reality.
If there's no election I'm pretty certain the Senate would lose its ® majority. Additionally, I think governors have the power to appoint Representatives so I would assume CA would appoint Pelosi back to her spot. Though I could be wrong as I'm many years removed from my high school civics class.

2 hours ago, Calihorn said:

Heh, it's a Democratic ploy that Trump got in front of.

quote:
Given the fact these people have wanted him gone since 11/10/2016, what would be the thought process behind Dems wanting to delay the election? 

1. What BHP said in his post above. 
2. Bigly indictments of key Democrat figures from the Durham probe that the Dems will deem as political and they need to delay the election to because the electorate has been tainted.  
3. In September we get news of a covid vaccine or a guilty plea by Brennan or evidence of China – BLM – DNC collaboration, etc.  

Any of these reasons that set the Dems back going into November 3rd and they will potentiality call for a delay. 

giphy.gif