Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

Brat is a single-issue voter. Guns. Nothing else is important to him. Guns. Guns are more important than feeding the hungry, guns are more important than clothing the naked.

The last thing he’s gonna stand for is some Kenyan-born president interfering with his rights to send money to a Korean cult-leader nut job that finances his cult with arms sales.

• Like 1

We all know this admin is a clown show, but the incompetence is utterly unnerving to read about. If you can stomach it, read this whole thing. The article begins with the story of Kushner paying $52mm for 1 million tests from UAE that were contaminated and not ordered through any official procurement processes. It goes downhill from there...
Well...that was disturbing. Not surprising at all, but disturbing nonetheless.

14 minutes ago, NoRagrets said:

Pure genius.

Also an indictment of the impotence of the Democratic Party. How are these ex republicans better at running against trump than the actual other party?

If they were competent at politics they wouldn’t be Democrats. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, NoRagrets said:

Pure genius.

Also an indictment of the impotence of the Democratic Party. How are these ex republicans better at running against trump than the actual other party?

Pretty damn sad the Dem can’t come up with anything close to them, they have a shit ton of materials as well.

Just wait till Lincoln Project sets their target on the Democrats in the future, they gonna screw them then like a Epstein girl  

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Holy fuck. Thats Stephen Root behind that mask. They got a legit Hollywood name to star in this. That Motherfucker is awesome and been in damn near everything. 

Was directed by John Turtletaub who directed National Treasure and While You Were Sleeping.

• Hook 'Em 1

And when people say he “intentionally divided the country,” I always ask them to clarify because i don’t know what they mean. 
That’s when then convo gets interesting...
I've never gotten an answer from them. Closest I could imagine for them is Jeremiah Wright and Michelle saying she didn't feel American until BO was elected. Two things that other people said...

4 minutes ago, tchookem said:
14 minutes ago, Pancho said:
And when people say he “intentionally divided the country,” I always ask them to clarify because i don’t know what they mean. 

I've never gotten an answer from them. Closest I could imagine for them is Jeremiah Wright and Michelle saying she didn't feel American until BO was elected. Two things that other people said...

Typically, they say “there were no race issues in America before Obama” and I give a face similar to this:

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, tchookem said:
10 minutes ago, Pancho said:
Typically, they say “there were no race issues in America before Obama” and I give a face similar to this:
giphy.gif

Read more  

Did they think that because none of their blacks friends were complaining?

You meant to type, "Did they think that because their one black friend was not complaining?"

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pancho said:

giphy.gif

I have said on more than one occasion that I thought Obama could have used his bully pulpit to "steer" the racial dialog more than he did. 

But I was probably naive about the level of racism persisting in the country and, I'm not sure he wanted to be "the black President" all the time.  I mean, it was unavoidable, but he didn't seem to dwell on it and that's probably understandable.

28 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Well you see, not everyone likes fancy mustard.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, elfenix said:
On 7/29/2020 at 7:07 PM, honolulu horn said:
If there's anyone that's going to crack the code on finding a cure / vaccine for the novel coronovirus 19, it's a dying photo film company. I mean, the company responsible for the Instamatic can't go wrong. 
il_1588xN.2288145040_30ua.jpg

I used to have a pocket instamatic so this hits close to home

I had the Ektralite. Fuck yo flash cubes!

80s-cameras_1c62eebd-43bc-43cb-af00-18cd

Waiting for Polaroid to get the next handout.

Edited by RPM
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Obama was Jackie Fucking Robinson as a President.  He didn't lean on his race.  He presided.  And pretty fucking well given the flaming bag of shit left on the Whitehouse porch by Bush II.

It was the American people that were lacking.  Obama's success called into question huge aspects of the neo-conservative world view.  That center-left policies could effectively improve America -- even the economy.  Worse yet, that a person of color could be just as effective as a caucasian when given the utmost responsibility in directing the most powerful nation in the world.

Those two undeniable truths of the Obama presidency were literally mind blowing for 40% of America.

Damn.  Excellent, concise, on-target post.  Your two points are fantastic.  Good stuff.

Agreed.  I was just commenting on the "divisive" aspect.  I didn't find him "divisive" by anything he did; if anything it was what he didn't do.  Except that on occasion, he was given to a snarky soundbite.  But, again, in retrospect, he did a better job with everything than I would have given him credit for at the time.

Of course, there's almost no way to look bad being followed by this assclown.

Edited by TwiceHorn

7 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Truth.  While Obama was President, I found him to be average.  Reviewing his Presidency in hindsight, he might have been one of the better Presidents of all time given the bullshit he needed to navigate.  He repaired the economy and he moved us forward socially.  And he did it with a vitriolic opposition party that marinated itself in hatred, bigotry, and conspiracy theory.

America has been weighed, it has been measured, and it has been found wanting.  The fact that people like Armybrat think Obama was a POS as President is an indictment of America, not of Obama,.  Trump is the embodiment of a cancer that has ravaged America for quite some time.  That we decided to elect the cancer to be representative of our entire body is truly damning.

Damn.....Surly bringing it on strong today.  Another excellent damn post.

I don't know how good a president Obama was.  Kind of like I'll never know how good of a defensive lineman someone was if the refs allow the OL to hold him and tackle him every damned play.  In retrospect, the fact that that DL managed to make any tackles at all is an impressive achievement.  

I believe that, even unhindered, Obama would have been an average president.   He was short on executive experience and was in over his head (oh, the irony -- imagine what was to come).  But his heart was in the right place, he was inherently smart, and he tried (although not hard enough on some matters -- seriously, my biggest criticism of him was his lack of strategic thinking).  But how we characterized him, and what we chose in reflexive response, reveals something utterly ugly about us.  And I fear that ugliness is incurable.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Agreed.  I was just commenting on the "divisive" aspect.  I didn't find him "divisive" by anything he did; if anything it was what he didn't do.  Except that on occasion, he was given to a snarky soundbite.  But, again, in retrospect, he did a better job with everything than I would have given him credit for at the time.

Of course, there's almost no way to look bad being followed by this assclown.

President Miley Cyrus would have looked great if she'd been followed by this assclown.  I'm actually kind of serious -- she's at least not a malicious and cruel person.  That alone would vault her way over him.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

The problem with Obama was he didn't know his place.After white people put him in power he got all uppity and used his fancy book learning to talk down to them and make them feel dumb.

And they thought he went golfing too often. 

11 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Truth.  While Obama was President, I found him to be average.  Reviewing his Presidency in hindsight, he might have been one of the better Presidents of all time given the bullshit he needed to navigate.  He repaired the economy and he moved us forward socially.  And he did it with a vitriolic opposition party that marinated itself in hatred, bigotry, and conspiracy theory.

America has been weighed, it has been measured, and it has been found wanting.  The fact that people like Armybrat think Obama was a POS as President is an indictment of America, not of Obama,.  Trump is the embodiment of a cancer that has ravaged America for quite some time.  That we decided to elect the cancer to be representative of our entire body is truly damning.

So well said!

20 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

1cd2899a3484aab2a96d2ff009790f51?AccessK

• Like 1

Obama was a decent President, but he's benefiting in analyses right now because he's compared to the flaming bag of shit currently holding the position.

Some of what Obama did made some of what Trump did easier and more likely to happen, or perhaps more accurately some of what Obama did combined with what he didn't do. Somebody has to get into that position with the intent of limiting Executive authority instead of expanding or maintaining it. And surveillance of American citizens didn't get better under Obama, it got worse.

This isn't to say that a thousand terms of Obama wouldn't be better than a single term of the orange shitgibbon, because they obviously would be. But once Trump is out of the White House we need to transition quickly to fixing things so the four years of Trump can't happen so easily again.

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

And obstructionism. They filibustered everything as a matter of policy and tried to prevent him from getting anything done. The last thing they wanted was for anyone to have a favorable impression of a black President. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Brat is a single-issue voter. Guns. Nothing else is important to him. Guns. Guns are more important than feeding the hungry, guns are more important than clothing the naked.

The last thing he’s gonna stand for is some Kenyan-born president interfering with his rights to send money to a Korean cult-leader nut job that finances his cult with arms sales.

Brat willfully and intentionally misrepresents the perspective of anyone who advocates even slightly more stringent standards for certain aspects of gun ownership.  One more than one occasion he has directly accused me of lying about how I view 2A.  Fuck him.

Oh, by the way, his stated rationalization of his disgust for our (black) President never actually manifested, but he still doesn't care.  It's not just guns.  Obama didn't take Brat's guns, but he still rails about him.  Hmmm.  I wonder why that is?  It's a real puzzler.

52 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

The fact that people like Armybrat think Obama was a POS as President is an indictment of America, not of Obama,. 

OK, I haven't said anything but I'm going to now. The sudden calling out of Armybrat for no fucking reason other than to troll him in this thread needs to stop. If he were in here trolling for Trump a response would be appropriate. What is happening here is petty and uncalled for. Get off his ankle.

Reported.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

33 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Obama was a decent President, but he's benefiting in analyses right now because he's compared to the flaming bag of shit currently holding the position.

Some of what Obama did made some of what Trump did easier and more likely to happen, or perhaps more accurately some of what Obama did combined with what he didn't do. Somebody has to get into that position with the intent of limiting Executive authority instead of expanding or maintaining it. And surveillance of American citizens didn't get better under Obama, it got worse.

This isn't to say that a thousand terms of Obama wouldn't be better than a single term of the orange shitgibbon, because they obviously would be. But once Trump is out of the White House we need to transition quickly to fixing things so the four years of Trump can't happen so easily again.

We won't fix those things because they aren't really a problem with the Presidency.  They are a problem with the Senate.  The Senate needs to check Presidential power.  They didn't do this with Obama in spite of bitching about him.  Mostly because they wanted to be the party of "no" but still wanted the things that Obama was doing by EO even as they pretended they didn't.  They certainly have no interest in checking Trump's power.

The fix is to eliminate the Electoral College.  Then you can have a minority Senate that checks Presidential power properly, or when you have an overwhelming majority, you can have the majority control both and push through legislation that a supermajority desires.  The minority should never control both, and should never be able to push through legislation completely antithetical to majority desires.  By design, they are supposed to check the majority, not oppress it.  Our founding fathers would see this and would amend the Constitution immediately to fix it.  These types of things are also the very reason that the founding fathers gave us a way to amend the Constitution.  The fact that modern strict constructionists believe amendments are an affront shows that they are just as full of shit as the rest of whatever is left of "conservative" thought these days.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Obama was Jackie Fucking Robinson as a President.  He didn't lean on his race.  He presided.  And pretty fucking well given the flaming bag of shit left on the Whitehouse porch by Bush II.

It was the American people that were lacking.  Obama's success called into question huge aspects of the neo-conservative world view.  That center-left policies could effectively improve America -- even the economy.  Worse yet, that a person of color could be just as effective as a caucasian when given the utmost responsibility in directing the most powerful nation in the world.

Those two undeniable truths of the Obama presidency were literally mind blowing for 40% of America.
Incredibly well stated. The only thing that I'd add is that his presidency proved that expertise matters. Finding the right people and putting them in place it's how you make point #1 happen. It also runs counter to the cronyism of how neo-conservatives (now Trump supporters) want the world to be run.
  • Hook 'Em 1