Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

Peter you know nothing of my energy.

Trump as the alpha male is perhaps the most confusing of all the Trumpkin lines of worship to me. Imagine looking at that, hearing that, and thinking "yeah, this guy is alpha as fuck"
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RPM said:

OK, I haven't said anything but I'm going to now. The sudden calling out of Armybrat for no fucking reason other than to troll him in this thread needs to stop. If he were in here trolling for Trump a response would be appropriate. What is happening here is petty and uncalled for. Get off his ankle.

Reported.

Uh, no.  He answered the bell and posted shit.  That's on him.  He doesn't deserve kid gloves.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Lobo said:

It's called the President of the United States, not President of the United People.  Democrats either need to come up with a plan to overturn the Electoral College or shut the fuck up.  It's like listening to Republicans rail against the Affordable Care Act.  You can't whine about repealing it until we hear a decent solution to replace it.  The Bayh-Celler attempt during the first Nixon term was as close as we've ever gotten and was fairly well thought out.  So of course that means that most Democrats today completely ignore it, 'cause fuck history and logic.  There have been periods of time since the Civil War where Democrats/large population states had the chance to amend the constitution's mandates on the EC with their holds on Congress and State Houses...but nope, they chose to piss that away to play the whiny victim card over and fucking over again.  And now?  Democrats, despite usually controlling state employees, have managed to let slip most state legislatures away from their control.  So the odds of them getting 2/3rds of State Legs. is slim to none.  And they have nobody to blame but themselves.  For 100 years, they were the benefactor of the EC, but not lately.  It's real fucking simple, get back in the ground game and win over some state legislatures instead of fucking around with trying to sway the Electoral College debate with hand-wringing and crying.  

The Speaker of the House was intended to have greater power, and the President was to be more of a Head of State (in the national sense), whose real power was derived from judicial appointments and vetoing Congressional bills.  Then Andrew Johnson, Wilson, Hoover, FDR, LBJ, Nixon, and the modern era from Carter on through Trump.  All completely fucked that up.  Most every President on that list, and beyond, were horrible Presidents capable of terrible abuses of power and should have tried for treason.  But most were decent people privately.  We managed to score the trifecta...a horribly power-abusing President, who is actually an even worse human being, who will somehow manage to kill more Americans than any foreign army ever did.

The electoral college needs to be tweaked to percentages. For example, if a state has 50 electoral college points and the vote there was 45 percent republican and 46 percent democrat then the republican gets 22.5 points and democrat gets 23 points. Do all the states and add up and higher number wins. That way every vote actually counts. 

Edited by Wanker Bob
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

People who are not racists don’t like constantly being called racists by the other side. All it does is foster hatred of the Democratic party. Believe it or not, it isn’t always about race for every single person.

Maybe those fucking snowflakes should demand their party stop doing everything it possibly can to fuck over minorities.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Ease up on RPM.  Michael Knight @ed armybrat kind of out of the blue about divisiveness.  Armybrat responded.  The @ing of someone who isn't participating in the thread, apropos of nothing, is a bit over the top.

No it isn't.  Armybrat is a big boy.  He can fully own everything he posts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:But when posts like this paint the entire “other side” as racists, it does more damage to the cause of Democrats than just about anything else.

People who are not racists don’t like constantly being called racists by the other side. All it does is foster hatred of the Democratic party. Believe it or not, it isn’t always about race for every single person.

I appreciate your effort to judge the average person in the party in a generous benefit-of-the-doubt kind of way. 

That said, can we all agree that if any democratically elected leader in the free world tweeted his/her supporter repeatedly screaming “White power!” - that person would be (justly) removed from office by the end of the fucking day?

But here, not only did Republicans not call him out... the entire news machinery moved right along within 36 hours. 

So I’d say the systemic and ongoing empowering of racists is most definitely “racist” in every sense. 

And as a side note, I never ever want to hear a Republican tell me that CNN and the other networks are hysterical and unfair to them.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

The electoral college needs to be tweaked to percentages. For example, if a state has 50 electoral college points and the vote there was 45 percent republican and 46 percent democrat then the republican gets 22.5 points and democrat gets 23 points. Do all the states and add up and higher number wins. That way every vote actually counts. 

Good idea.  Still requires an amendment to the constitution.  The only time a good idea to change the constitution came from a liberal college student, and that man was from the University of Texas.  Everything else is bong-rip pipe dreams that aren't grounded in reality.  

29 minutes ago, gmr548 said:
52 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:
Peter you know nothing of my energy.

Trump as the alpha male is perhaps the most confusing of all the Trumpkin lines of worship to me. Imagine looking at that, hearing that, and thinking "yeah, this guy is alpha as fuck"

Yes but these are the same people who look at him and think he's intelligent.

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

4 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Maybe those fucking snowflakes should demand their party stop doing everything it possibly can to fuck over minorities.

Like many issues, this one isn't black and white (thanks, I'll be here all week, tip your waitress). 

I'm a white, and I'm tired of the white guilt. I know the whites have treated the non-whites shitty for the past century, and many currently still do. I know it. It's very obvious. I feel bad about it and try to do my part to change that injustice any way I can. That being said, I can't bring myself to watch another movie about an athlete/astronaut/scuba diver overcoming racism. My white guilt meter is burnt out. 

My second point would be many of the whites don't' think they're racist, even if they're pretty racist. Let me explain. 

There are people out there who say some very racist things behind closed doors like black people are not great fathers, or whatever statistic de jeur they could cobble together from I'm right.com statistics website. In their mind growing up, racists wore white hoods and beat up black people for fun. They don't view themselves as racist. They just have different opinions than the liberals about things. They don't see it as racist, just a different opinion.  

Then I know others who don't view themselves racist whatsoever. They've made a n-word joke back in High School, but they're friends with black people, they're not racist, right? the whole 'Black people are more likely to be in prison because they commit more crimes. They don't just lock people up for nothing, idiot. I didn't hit my wife, I didn't sell drugs, I follow the rules.' type of person. 

There a hundred different levels of this type of thinking. From "I'm in the KKK and I burn down buildings" to "they should stop killing each other" to something so vanilla I don't even know if it's bad or not, like "I'm not attracted to black people". 

So even if one side says "I'm not racist, quit calling me racist", it is entirely plausible they could still be very racist but don't even perceive it. And some are legit burnt on some white guilt stuff. 

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Good idea.  Still requires an amendment to the constitution.  The only time a good idea to change the constitution came from a liberal college student, and that man was from the University of Texas.  Everything else is bong-rip pipe dreams that aren't grounded in reality.  

Actually, it doesn't.  States can apportion their electors however they want.  Effectively though, you're right.  Only blue states would agree to that. The popular vote compact has a better chance at occurring than Alabama choosing to divided up its electors.

Edited by FondrenRoad

Ah yes, the 32 states controlled by Republicans will voluntarily abdicate control over how they apportion their College of Electors.  Good luck with that.  

Every Democrat should have to spend a semester studying the Bayh-Celler Amendment.  It's the closest we've come and provides a very solid framework, even in today's political climate.  Every other suggestion I've never heard is beyond fucking stupid.  

And good lord, y'all thought gerrymandering Red States was bad now?  What the fuck do you think is gonna happen if you attempt to start breaking up congressional districts by Electoral College votes?  Holy shit.  Have you guys even thought this through past the bong-rip stage?  

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

This was a highly upvoted post, and there is absolutely a large segment of the country that is racist and didn’t like having a black President.

But when posts like this paint the entire “other side” as racists, it does more damage to the cause of Democrats than just about anything else.

In the case of Obama, there was a significant portion of the population that got suckered into hating Obama because they got conned by Fox News, who grew to prominence during that time period with a brand of media unlike anything that had ever been put on TV before. It’s been over ten years and people are still get conned by it. It wasn’t racism for some of those people. It was just pure stupidity on their part in believing Fox News general bullshit.

If people don't want to be called racist, they shouldn't choose to associate with known racists and then stay silent when the elected representatives they voted for act in a racist manner.  I'd have some sympathy if Army Brat ever said a word about, oh, say, "shithole countries," trump promoting segregation, trump telling congresspeople of color to "go back where they came from," killing DACA, imprisoning brown children, the Muslim ban, not providing adequate aid after Maria, "good people on both sides" in Charlottesville, and so on.  

If you're going to support a political party and a president who does racist shit, and, at best, stay silent for it all, after years criticizing a black president, then you can certainly be judged for racism.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

There are at least 3 claims here I don't understand.  Can you elaborate?  Are you impugning all but one amendment?  Are you unaware of how electors are apportioned?

30 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Uh, no.  He answered the bell and posted shit.  That's on him.  He doesn't deserve kid gloves.

AB was unnecessarily conjured. Mention anyone you like but tagging them out of the blue does feel like bad form, especially with a poster with such hatred of this forum. Negging him for an opinion was also weak.

Thus ends the channeling of Emily Post.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Like many issues, this one isn't black and white (thanks, I'll be here all week, tip your waitress). 

I'm a white, and I'm tired of the white guilt. I know the whites have treated the non-whites shitty for the past century, and many currently still do. I know it. It's very obvious. I feel bad about it and try to do my part to change that injustice any way I can. That being said, I can't bring myself to watch another movie about an athlete/astronaut/scuba diver overcoming racism. My white guilt meter is burnt out. 

My second point would be many of the whites don't' think they're racist, even if they're pretty racist. Let me explain. 

There are people out there who say some very racist things behind closed doors like black people are not great fathers, or whatever statistic de jeur they could cobble together from I'm right.com statistics website. In their mind growing up, racists wore white hoods and beat up black people for fun. They don't view themselves as racist. They just have different opinions than the liberals about things. They don't see it as racist, just a different opinion.  

Then I know others who don't view themselves racist whatsoever. They've made a n-word joke back in High School, but they're friends with black people, they're not racist, right? the whole 'Black people are more likely to be in prison because they commit more crimes. They don't just lock people up for nothing, idiot. I didn't hit my wife, I didn't sell drugs, I follow the rules.' type of person. 

There a hundred different levels of this type of thinking. From "I'm in the KKK and I burn down buildings" to "they should stop killing each other" to something so vanilla I don't even know if it's bad or not, like "I'm not attracted to black people". 

So even if one side says "I'm not racist, quit calling me racist", it is entirely plausible they could still be very racist but don't even perceive it. And some are legit burnt on some white guilt stuff. 

All of this may be true... but whether or not a person is self-aware - that’s not anywhere in the formula for what makes them racist, right?

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

There are at least 3 claims here I don't understand.  Can you elaborate?  Are you impugning all but one amendment?  Are you unaware of how electors are apportioned?

Article 2/Section 1 sets the original way.  Then 12th amendment comes along and changes that.  States can obviously change the way they apportion EC voters (as we've seen in Maine and Nebraska).  Democrats seem to want to either upend the entire EC process and go straight popular vote (which would likely require an amendment).  Or they want some states to seat EC voters in a certain way (that would likely NOT require an amendment).  Either way, there are not close to enough State Legislatures to get either one done effectively.  It's a fool's errand and I still go back to the Bayh-Celler amendment as a framework instead of this idiotic pipe dream.

2 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

AB was unnecessarily conjured. Mention anyone you like but tagging them out of the blue does feel like bad form, especially with a poster with such hatred of this forum. Negging him for an opinion was also weak.

Thus ends the channeling of Emily Post.

I don't recall if I negged him -- I try not to do that here in the CR.  Still, you seem to be advocating for a master list of "almost never CR posters" that we should consult just so we don't hurt feelings when they post controversial bullshit some of us might not agree with. 

Uh, no.  Not gonna happen.  Once you post here, you own it and all the repercussions.

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Article 2/Section 1 sets the original way.  Then 12th amendment comes along and changes that.  States can obviously change the way they apportion EC voters (as we've seen in Maine and Nebraska).  Democrats seem to want to either upend the entire EC process and go straight popular vote (which would likely require an amendment).  Or they want some states to seat EC voters in a certain way (that would likely NOT require an amendment).  Either way, there are not close to enough State Legislatures to get either one done effectively.  It's a fool's errand and I still go back to the Bayh-Celler amendment as a framework instead of this idiotic pipe dream.

What's the single amendment that's worth a shit?  

I mean, that's an extraordinary position to take.  I assume I'm misreading what you wrote.

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

I don't recall if I negged him -- I try not to do that here in the CR.  Still, you seem to be advocating for a master list of "almost never CR posters" that we should consult just so we don't hurt feelings when they post controversial bullshit some of us might not agree with. 

Uh, no.  Not gonna happen.  Once you post here, you own it and all the repercussions.

To be clear, I didn't mean to imply that you personally negged him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Truth.  While Obama was President, I found him to be average. 

2 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Obama is the middle of a reverse shit sandwich.

Not smart enough to join in a serious conversation, so I'll just leave a visual interpretation of W, Obama and Trump's presidencies.

image.jpeg.ab2352850000e24eed3feb43aa10761c.jpeg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lobo said:

You said democrats should come up with a better alternative. I did. 

If the completely corrupt political system in the US is so broken that improvements cannot be instituted then maybe that's the most pressing problem. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Trump is pissed about all the love for Obama right now. 

That's a whole lot of "I did" instead of "I'm doing" or "I've done". He is starting to believe that he's going to lose the election. 

That could actually be a bad thing. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 1

Rasmussen LOL  

I wouldn’t brush this off man, I think it’s pretty accurate. there’s been a lot of boasting here in our cabal about how Trump is toast but I haven’t seen anything yet that makes me believe he isn’t president on Inauguration Day +1.

go look at the DT thread, you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think there’s a greater number of them then there are of us. they are foaming at the mouth to vote this fucker in again either out of spite, ignorance, hate, idiocy, deep-seated bigotry, or any other justification they need to “take back their country”. those with shit to lose just realized that their own self interests/motives are better served by being a little more subtle. and it’s not really a novel concept, see Dave Chappelle’s bit on how asking a white male who they’re voting for president is a big no-no.

AB aka HE WHO SHOULD NOT BE FUCKING NAMED is a perfect example.

it doesn’t hurt that the mods basically have rolled over and capitulated into letting them stake their claim in DT.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BLKNSTY said:

I wouldn’t brush this off man, I think it’s pretty accurate. there’s been a lot of boasting here in our cabal about how Trump is toast but I haven’t seen anything yet that makes me believe he isn’t president on Inauguration Day +1.

go look at the DT thread, you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think there’s a greater number of them then there are of us. they are foaming at the mouth to vote this fucker in again either out of spite, ignorance, hate, idiocy, deep-seated bigotry, or any other justification they need to “take back their country”. those with shit to lose just realized that their own self interests/motives are better served by being a little more subtle. and it’s not really a novel concept, see Dave Chappelle’s bit on how asking a white male who they’re voting for president is a big no-no.

it doesn’t hurt that the mods basically have rolled over and capitulated into letting them stake their claim in DT.

1. Do you think Trump has gained a single voter in the last 4 years?

2. Do you think the turnout for Biden will be worse than for Hillary?

9 minutes ago, BLKNSTY said:

I wouldn't take much stock in how social media appears.  This board is built on Texas football fanship.  At least it was 10 years ago back when Texas used to field college level football teams.  It skews heavily toward male and white demographics.  The city-data forum for NYC is practically Texags.  The Facebook groups for my neighborhood in NYC may actually be worse than Texags and my neighborhood votes almost 90% Dem.   

13 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

1. Do you think Trump has gained a single voter in the last 4 years?

2. Do you think the turnout for Biden will be worse than for Hillary?

What about all the voters that are mad because someone called them a racist on the internet because they said something racist?  They tell you they aren't racist, but just because you called them a racist, they are going to vote for a racist instead of your guy.   I know zero of those guys voted for Hillary last time and voted Trump already.  But maybe 4 or 5 of them actually voted for Gary Johnson, but will vote Trump this time.

• Haha 1

That's just an unnecessarily complicated way of doing a straight popular vote.
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, gmr548 said:
1 hour ago, Wanker Bob said:

That's just an unnecessarily complicated way of doing a straight popular vote.

It wouldn't be a popular vote.  It would just be closer to one.  It would still be weighted towards rural states because every state gets 2 electors for their 2 senators.

Edited by FondrenRoad

go look at the DT thread, you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think there’s a greater number of them then there are of us.

Trump lost by two or three million votes and has spent his entire presidency with disapproval > 50 percent.

They have never not been a minority.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

You know what, people who are friends or tolerate racists are fucking racists. It's a position that is reprehensible and is only combated by intolerance. If you are friends with racists or support racists you are a fucking racist piece of shit. 

Careful, you're talking about a large chunk of your registered members and even some of your paying subscribers.  We act like this is the place to be for enlightened, educated, mask-wearing Texans who merely differ on fiscal policy.  But we are harboring hundreds of racist assholes.  I say this as a once proud Republican who sees a website so intimately connected to the University of Texas being divisively associated with ignorance and systemic racism.  

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

You know what, people who are friends or tolerate racists are fucking racists. It's a position that is reprehensible and is only combated by intolerance. If you are friends with racists or support racists you are a fucking racist piece of shit. 

I had to tell my brother in a text a couple of weeks back that while he may not consider himself a racist, if he votes for Trump he is saying that racism is okay and he would be condoning Trump's blatant racism. I have not heard back from him since.

3 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

I didn't @ him.  I don't care why he came back, but he did.  And he reiterated 14 hours ago that he thought Obama was a POS President.  He could have responded to Michael Knight's @ by refining that position in light of Trump's 3 year reign of bullshit, but he didn't.  Had he not posted recently, I wouldn't have thought of him at all.  I won't apologize for using a poster's current statement in a post.

I also indicted America for it.  It is America's fault that Armybrat thinks that.

And while I don't know RPM's political views, I've seen that tactic multiple times from Trumpists.  Chip away at a message and pretend the chip destroys the entire message.  

I know you didn't @ him.  But that's what RPM was talking about that you jumped on.  I don't believe RPM is a Trumpist, in fact I am reasonably sure that he is quite far from a Trumpist despite not being a CR regular.