Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

This was a highly upvoted post, and there is absolutely a large segment of the country that is racist and didn’t like having a black President.

But when posts like this paint the entire “other side” as racists, it does more damage to the cause of Democrats than just about anything else.

People who are not racists don’t like constantly being called racists by the other side. All it does is foster hatred of the Democratic party. Believe it or not, it isn’t always about race for every single person.

In the case of Obama, there was a significant portion of the population that got suckered into hating Obama because they got conned by Fox News, who grew to prominence during that time period with a brand of media unlike anything that had ever been put on TV before. It’s been over ten years and people are still get conned by it. It wasn’t racism for some of those people. It was just pure stupidity on their part in believing Fox News general bullshit.

Every single white person in America has benefited from racism whether they want to admit it or not and whether we believe it or not every single person in America is racist in one form or another.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

I wouldn't take much stock in how social media appears.  This board is built on Texas football fanship.  At least it was 10 years ago back when Texas used to field college level football teams.  It skews heavily toward male and white demographics.  The city-data forum for NYC is practically Texags.  The Facebook groups for my neighborhood in NYC may actually be worse than Texags and my neighborhood votes almost 90% Dem.   

Also, while it is a favorite meme of the strident CR'ers, the DT thread is not all Trumpists, by a long shot.  There are a handful, but there are more in it who like the factual presentations and debate.

There are people who are anti-Trump that don't share a passion for trashing him with every other post.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Also, while it is a favorite meme of the strident CR'ers, the DT thread is not all Trumpists, by a long shot.  There are a handful, but there are more in it who like the factual presentations and debate.

There are people who are anti-Trump that don't share a passion for trashing him with every other post.

i dunno, i just read the last couple pages of that thread, and it was heavily partisan, if not directly political.

edit: i mean, filled with right wing posters toeing the political line without obviously stepping over it

Edited by hayden_horn

Good a place as any. They let it fucking happen. The fallout from this could be incalculable:

It will take a month or so - if they dont do anything by then you are going to start seeing evictions, missed revolving debt payments, auto defaults.

You name it.

But they still have a few weeks before the effects are truly felt

Pure genius.
Also an indictment of the impotence of the Democratic Party. How are these ex republicans better at running against trump than the actual other party?

Because it's way more effective when it comes from inside your own house. The Ds could do it but it would just be brushed off.

The media is you g a good job amplifing the Lincoln project because it is from.repubs.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, immamac said:

You know what, people who are friends or tolerate racists are fucking racists. It's a position that is reprehensible and is only combated by intolerance. If you are friends with racists or support racists you are a fucking racist piece of shit. 

Agree 100%. 

I laughed at this snippet from the GOP Senate defectors article:

And in his first campaign ad this year Gardner highlighted local news reports on his successful efforts to import masks and Covid test kits from East Asia to Colorado.

Anyone care to guess which country is ‘East Asia’?  I’ll give you three guesses and the first two don’t count.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

2. Do you think the turnout for Biden will be worse than for Hillary?

Yes. There is this pandemic thing that will keep people away from the polls. Trump will also deploy his goon squads to “protect” polling places. They will intimidate and incite. Portland was just a test for this. Plus, Russia...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Maybe those fucking snowflakes should demand their party stop doing everything it possibly can to fuck over minorities.

See the thing is.. the Right thinks or claims or believes that it is the Democrats who do everything they possibly can to fuck over minorities. (I have spent way too much time lurking on Texags, but that is absolutey sentiment spewed over there; despite ancedotal evidence, polling, and just general logic saying otherwise)

11 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

This was a highly upvoted post, and there is absolutely a large segment of the country that is racist and didn’t like having a black President.

But when posts like this paint the entire “other side” as racists, it does more damage to the cause of Democrats than just about anything else.

People who are not racists don’t like constantly being called racists by the other side. All it does is foster hatred of the Democratic party. Believe it or not, it isn’t always about race for every single person.

In the case of Obama, there was a significant portion of the population that got suckered into hating Obama because they got conned by Fox News, who grew to prominence during that time period with a brand of media unlike anything that had ever been put on TV before. It’s been over ten years and people are still get conned by it. It wasn’t racism for some of those people. It was just pure stupidity on their part in believing Fox News general bullshit.

it's funny, from my experience,  people who ARE racists don't like constantly being called racists by the other side, as well.

So just call the whole thing off? 

6 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

He may be thrilled to be in Florida but looks like Florida wasn’t too thrilled to have him there.

This should be blasted in Trumpkin heavy areas in swing states as an election advertising blitz. Trump appeals to lots of his base as a strongman and a "winner" because they're dolts. They want to be popular and they want to feel like they're part of a huge crowd of adoring fans. Like 16-year-olds at a boy band concert.

Showing his weakness in images like this will make some of them doubt how popular he really is. This will get some Trump voters to stay home. It won't make that voter demographic vote for Biden, but it will get them to not bother voting. And that helps the Democrats all the way down the ballot.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

of course he won’t ban tik tok, because he doesn’t actually do things. he’ll announce he’s signing a new health care plan. he’ll announce there’s a new national strategy to combat the coronavirus. he’ll announce he’s building a wall. he just likes to talk, and he thinks voters are dumbshits who eat it up (because they have before). 

he didn’t even want ukraine to investigate biden. he just wanted them to announce that they were. this is who he is. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Man, all I heard from Republicans during the Obama years was their absolute hatred and disdain for Obama’s penchant to interface with private businesses by “picking winners and losers”.

Just like so many other things they hollered about and claimed as deeply held conservative principles, they haven’t so much as whispered that little catchphrase since January 20, 2017.

I don’t know why their absolute hypocrisy and double standards still make me angry - I should be numb to it by now.

27 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Man, all I heard from Republicans during the Obama years was their absolute hatred and disdain for Obama’s penchant to interface with private businesses by “picking winners and losers”.

Just like so many other things they hollered about and claimed as deeply held conservative principles, they haven’t so much as whispered that little catchphrase since January 20, 2017.

I don’t know why their absolute hypocrisy and double standards still make me angry - I should be numb to it by now.

Trump supporters have lost all credibility to call out anything they don’t like that’s done by democrats. I’m actually looking forward to the arguments with my family about this once he’s gone. I think I’ve lost the patience to be polite about telling them they are lying assholes because they never saw it as a problem when their team was doing it so they need to fuck right off.

It actually could be a good idea, but in typical Trump fashion, you know it’s all bullshit media posturing and not a sincere effort to protect our security.  
How can we know this?  Well, in addition to “He’s Donald Trump - enough said”, Microsoft actually has been exploring buying TikTok from China - which would solve the issue.  In fact, the US Government had tried to facilitate the sale.  But now Trump has come out and said he’s against the acquisition and he’s just going to ban TikTok entirely (which he can’t do).  
His statements might kill the deal and put us right back to the status quo of China owning a spy app used by all of our yutes.   And what other US company would buy TikTok if Trump signals the government is going to fuck with it and try to ban it in America?  Even just blustering about it and going on an election campaign against it would throw a huge wrench in any sale. He’s ruining the actual solution to this.  All because he is a human hot air balloon and he doesn’t like Bill Gates for believing in science and virology.

And apparently Facebook/Zuckerberg are about to launch a competitor called “Reels”........might explain why FB has been so Trump friendly.

11 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

And apparently Facebook/Zuckerberg are about to launch a competitor called “Reels”........might explain why FB has been so Trump friendly.

Facebook is Trump friendly because he’s a soulless amoral profiteering cocksucker with zero fucking balls. Just to be clear. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

That dude's name is J. Hogan Gidley. That's that kind of name that gets you on the ballot for KA Sigma Chach president as a freshman at Auburn Ole Miss

Fixed. Don’t know if he really ran for president, but those were dude’s affiliations before working for Ol’ Smokey Eyes and the Dog Killas.

Edited by TheStoicPaisano
  • Hook 'Em 1