Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

This article in Mother Jones is fascinating, damning ---- and nauseating.  The big takeaway is that Trump is in serious trouble in Scotland because the Scottish government is investigating Trump for money laundering when he purchased two Scottish golf resorts for hundreds of millions of dollars at a time when he was defaulting on loans in Chicago etc... All of this is well-researched and documented but what I wanted to point out was the pettiness of this huckster, the chicanery, the ... I've run out of words to describe it:

"Early promotional materials for Aberdeenshire carried what purported to be the Trump clan’s baronial crest—three lions under an armored fist brandishing a spear and surrounded by a flourish of red and white feathers.

It was, no surprise, a fake. Trump had cribbed the coat of arms from Joseph Edward Davies, whose wife had built Mar-a-Lago and who had legitimately been granted the crest in the 1930s. He had made only one minor change, erasing the Davies family motto of “integritas” (integrity) and replacing it with “Trump.” He had used the doctored crest for years to peddle all sorts of products—from ties to beach towels—and it was plastered across his US properties.

But that didn’t fly in Scotland.

For centuries the country has had an office devoted to making sure people do not claim someone else’s family name. And after it determined Trump was indeed displaying a stolen coat of arms, he was barred from using it. The episode foretold Trump’s subsequent misadventures in Scotland, a country particularly resistant to his brand of flimflam.

In Aberdeenshire, Trump initially won over locals with his plans for a sprawling upscale golf community containing multiple courses ringed by tastefully designed homes. He vowed to bring 6,000 jobs to the area. But fierce opposition formed when Trump revealed his plans to build the first course atop environmentally sensitive sand dunes. In late 2007, local planners rejected Trump’s proposal, but after Scotland’s then–First Minister Alex Salmond met with Trump, the Scottish government stepped in to overrule the local authorities. Construction proceeded. But when Salmond refused to block a planned offshore wind farm in view of Trump’s course, Trump went ballistic. He wrote Salmond a series of bizarre letters in which he insisted that if Salmond allowed the wind farm, he would destroy any chance of Scottish independence, and “your economy will become a third world wasteland that global investors will avoid.”

At a hearing in 2012, a member of the Scottish Parliament asked Trump, who appeared in person, for evidence that the turbines would damage Scottish tourism.

“Well, first of all, I am the evidence. I’m more of an expert than the people you’d like me to hire…I am considered a world-class expert in tourism,” Trump declared without missing a beat, as the room broke out in laughter and audience members rolled their eyes.

Trump eventually sued the Scottish government but lost so resoundingly that in 2019 he was ordered to pay its legal fees. The wind farm had been completed the previous year."

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2020/08/the-biggest-trump-financial-mystery-where-he-came-up-with-the-cash-for-his-scottish-resorts/

Isn't it just SO FITTING that Trump's "baronial crest"  was ripped off from somebody else?  Trump's father was German and his mother, while Scottish, was the youngest of 10 children and impoverished when she arrived in America and became a nanny.    And yet somehow Trump inherited a baronial crest.  

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Which would resonate more with Fox viewers? Ads from the Biden campaign that showcase Trump's grotesque incompetence or those same ads coming from Republican Voters Against Trump and the Lincoln Project?

I don't know if there's any coordination between the Biden campaign and those other groups. I don't know how much money the Biden campaign has to spend. I know they didn't have a lot to spend during the primaries. That factors in. (I also don't know who's funding those other groups.) I'm just guessing. But honestly, if only once seeing Trump shrug and respond "It is what it is" when reminded that 1,000 Americans are dying every day due to the pandemic didn't convince you that he's got to go, is there some magic number that will change your mind?

It's just astonishing that there should even be any question. It shouldn't even be necessary to show people what an unfit, unqualified, and dangerously stupid cretin Trump is. 

It’s astonishing but there’s a LOT of people who bury their head in the sand.  Not all of them are Hitler protégés.  Ads targeted in those safe spaces are key.  

edit:  and remember the Democrats are TERRIBLE at winning campaigns they should win.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I could only make it 6:30 in before I gave up.  Supposedly, this guy is the best interviewer and all he's doing is allowing Trump to lie.  He doesn't call Trump on a goddamned thing.  So fucking frustrating. 

He actually does a better job of trying to call out Trump's bullshit as the interview progresses. He can't help the fact that he's interviewing a steaming pile of shit that only spews out fecal material with each response.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Dark Horse said:

What percentage of the US population has an IQ less than 50? 

Somewhere around 40% and 96% of republicans?

No about 10% of those Republicans are brilliant. They’re fucking assholes but damn smart for sure.  They use the poor white churchgoer to do their bidding.  They’ve recently brought the KKK types in under that big ole tent too...

10 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

No about 10% of those Republicans are brilliant. They’re fucking assholes but damn smart for sure.  They use the poor white churchgoer to do their bidding.  They’ve recently brought the KKK types in under that big ole tent too...

Maybe more than that.  Guys like Atwater and Rove were pretty brilliant.  Probably Manafort and Stone, too.  But it appears that the moral compromises they make begin to rot their brains.  The hubris that accrues when you have spent a couple of decades selling people shit they not only don't want and don't need but is the opposite seems to be a killer. The ones that back off some, like Kristol and Conway, Mark McKinnon save themselves and eventually become unaffiliated.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Maybe more than that.  Guys like Atwater and Rove were pretty brilliant.  Probably Manafort and Stone, too.  But it appears that the moral compromises they make begin to rot their brains.  The hubris that accrues when you have spent a couple of decades selling people shit they not only don't want and don't need but is the opposite seems to be a killer. The ones that back off some, like Kristol and Conway, Mark McKinnon save themselves and eventually become unaffiliated.

“Moral compromises?” Y’all are too generous. Stone, Manafort, and others like them are fucking sociopaths. They never had any morals to compromise.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

I'll fess up. I couldn't have told you who Lewis was until I read about him when he died. Hell, you just have to see that photograph on the bridge with the goons closing in to get a grip on what kind of man he was.  I feel I should know Lewis' name just as part of trying to be a decent citizen. 

Trump couldn't be bothered to even look at that photo or ask someone to brief him on who John Lewis was and why his life was a big deal. He couldn't bring himself to wish his family, followers, and beneficiaries (all of us) the same goodwill that he sent to Ghislaine Maxwell, teenage sex trafficker. He couldn't even make himself fake it. "He was a great man. It's a loss to the nation."

You can almost hear the conversation in the Oval Office or through the bathroom door.

Mr. President, John Lewis the famous civil rights activist has died.

Who? Have I met him?

No, sir, not that we know of. A lot of people, particularly black peo-

Did he  come to the inauguration?

We'll check, but I don't think so.

You say black people care?

Yessir.

I've done more for those people than anybody. They should be thanking me. 

But sir,

Didn't even come to the inauguration? Probably a never Trumper. 

The funeral will be a big event, sir.

I should be getting the big event. Nobody's heard of this guy! I gave those people jobs! Greatest economy ever in the world. 

(Aide smiles and slowly backs away.)

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gengs1 said:

Yup. This is my fucking nightmare. And this is where the criticisms of Biden's ground game and staffing in states shows true. And this is also why any time anyone says "This isn't 2016" I want to tell them to fuck off and punch them in the fucking face. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

I'd that pic of Alex Jones real?  He looks no different other than he's obviously sucking in his gut.  As big as he is he should be able to easily drop a real 15-30 pounds in that amount of time.  

20 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yup. This is my fucking nightmare. And this is where the criticisms of Biden's ground game and staffing in states shows true. And this is also why any time anyone says "This isn't 2016" I want to tell them to fuck off and punch them in the fucking face. 

The source of that claim is Trump Victory. I wouldn’t put too much stock in that. But I do agree that I, and all of us, should refuse to take any of the polls for granted. This aint over by a long shot. 

2 hours ago, Bookman said:

Still can't believe this incompetent shitbag is President of the United States. Says a lot about the people who voted for him.

I'm not going to judge the people who voted for him too harshly. A lot of them are just programmed to always vote republican but it's actually a good litmus test for the people who still support him today. Those are your pieces of shit to avoid.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 8/3/2020 at 10:38 AM, Tuco said:

At this point, it is way more important he lives long enough to get crushed in the election.  He dies now, and a lot of people won't show up to vote against him (and his enablers) and his supporters will see him as a martyr.  After 11/3/2020, I hope he drowns in his own pink froth, knowing that a majority of Americans have rejected him.  

With his personality disorder he will be put on suicide watch once reality of losing sets in.  The fury of the denial/anger phase will be epic though.

9 minutes ago, Pasken said:

I'm not going to judge the people who voted for him too harshly. A lot of them are just programmed to always vote republican but it's actually a good litmus test for the people who still support him today. Those are your pieces of shit to avoid.

If polls are to be believed (ha!) then the number of people who voted for him in 2016 and won't in 2020 isn't very high.  I'd guess 10% have seen the error of their ways.

19 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

22 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Alls I know is that when trump finally croaks I get to start the celebration thread. 

I'm not popping champagne unless it happens while he's in jail.

In the same cell that Jeffrey Epstein was in.

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

If polls are to be believed (ha!) then the number of people who voted for him in 2016 and won't in 2020 isn't very high.  I'd guess 10% have seen the error of their ways.

So roughly 6.2 million people then. I'd say that number could sway the election in a few key swing states.

9 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Also, if Axios is to be believed, dotard is somehow pulling in NEW voters and more new voters than Dems.  I just don't see how that's possible.

Here's the link to the story.

https://www.axios.com/trump-is-registering-more-new-voters-than-democrats-in-key-states-c9fb2839-6c87-4ce1-8d79-f24189a41257.html

11 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Also, if Axios is to be believed, dotard is somehow pulling in NEW voters and more new voters than Dems.  I just don't see how that's possible.

The "silent RACIST majority" is bigger than you thought in the US.

Edited by Beantown Express 2.0
  • Like 1

Something horrifying, but expected I guess, was that altered video where he supposedly is saying his followers are "balls deep in their sisters," "injecting mountain dew," and "watching TIger King" over and over.

He actually sounds coherent and malignantly intelligent unlike he's sounded in public since maybe his campaign.

Of course, it's faked.  Otherwise very on-brand.

Jesus.  
That was a reasonably tough interview, but still could have been more pointed. Like "You've done more for black people than John Lewis--really?" 
I really want to see Ali G. get an interview with this moron. It would be glorious. 

Not even close to being tough. That is how far we have fallen.

He was being sarcastic.  Whenever I ironically visit Yosemite National Park, I pronounce it like the President so the wildlife knows that I’m so damn hilarious.  

yo-Semite?  It never even occurred to me you could say it that and I’ve been to the park a half dozen times and read it a thousand times.  I can’t wait for someone to show him the name ‘Yosemite Sam’, so he can put back on his anti Jewish real estate cap again and say “yo-Semite Samuelsonbergmanstein” 

also, because of that voiceover, standup comic J-L Cauvin is now getting his first death threats since becoming the nation’s best Satirist of Trump.   You hardcore Trumpkins should be real proud 

Edited by Lobo

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Something horrifying, but expected I guess, was that altered video where he supposedly is saying his followers are "balls deep in their sisters," "injecting mountain dew," and "watching TIger King" over and over.

He actually sounds coherent and malignantly intelligent unlike he's sounded in public since maybe his campaign.

Of course, it's faked.  Otherwise very on-brand.

of course that's fake. that's advanced level language for our current president. he wouldn't be able to riff that well.

• Like 1