Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

So let me get this straight...  If Sleepy Joe were president, none of Trump's "accomplishments" would happen?

twip-04-charlottesville-protest-car-cras

rawImage.jpg

AP_19176686622488.jpg

el-paso-01-as-gty-190814_hpMain_16x9_992

Ed3-lgz-VAAAu-My-G.jpg

1ee41681-5059-4c8e-ad23-b8be0b61dc5d.jpe

racial-injustice-portland.jpg

2020-0710-houston-hospitals-overwhelmed-

body-bags-brooklyn.jpeg

arizona-woman-father-covid19-obit-te-mai

For the love of all that is holy, fuck yes, please.  Give me Sleepy Joe and a fist full of Ambien.  

The fucked up thing is this will be just a continuation of the cycle of the last few decades. GHWB and Clinton both had horrible missteps and mistakes but both also accomplished decent things and it's believable both attempted to do the best they could. 

Since the start up of republican death cult in the 90s the country went to GWB who fucked everything up so badly that Obama was saddled with a nearly broken country in 2 wars. Obama did the best he could to pull things out then the country puts trump in and breaks it even further. Now best case scenario it'll be Biden who will inherit a flaming pile of divided shit country ravaged by pandemic and financial distress. At best if he manages to mitigate the damage and turn things around even a little the country will go right back to the next republican death cult member to further damage things later. 

It's a downward spiral that shows no signs of ending. It will keep getting worse. I'm trying to convince my wife to immigrate back to my home in England with our niece when this pandemic is controlled enough to allow it. Right now she doesn't want to leave her family but in time hopefully she'll see just how things only keep getting worse here. I've already told my dad he's a wanker for moving us to this shit hole and if he wants to die here that's his business but I don't. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

The fucked up thing is this will be just a continuation of the cycle of the last few decades. GHWB and Clinton both had horrible missteps and mistakes but both also accomplished decent things and it's believable both attempted to do the best they could. 

Since the start up of republican death cult in the 90s the country went to GWB who fucked everything up so badly that Obama was saddled with a nearly broken country in 2 wars. Obama did the best he could to pull things out then the country puts trump in and breaks it even further. Now best case scenario it'll be Biden who will inherit a flaming pile of divided shit country ravaged by pandemic and financial distress. At best if he manages to mitigate the damage and turn things around even a little the country will go right back to the next republican death cult member to further damage things later. 

It's a downward spiral that shows no signs of ending. It will keep getting worse. I'm trying to convince my wife to immigrate back to my home in England with our niece when this pandemic is controlled enough to allow it. Right now she doesn't want to leave her family but in time hopefully she'll see just how things only keep getting worse here. I've already told my dad he's a wanker for moving us to this shit hole and if he wants to die here that's his business but I don't. 

The trump-or-die crowd is full of hate and rage and ready for a fight, but they are absolutely a minority.  What will decide if your scenario plays out is if enough of everyone else is willing to fight just as vehemently to not allow it to happen.  In that context, I can't really applaud anyone deciding they should leave the US because of what we see now.

Here's to you choosing a walk-on part in the war to a lead role in a cage.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Goredho said:

The trump-or-die crowd is full of hate and rage and ready for a fight, but they are absolutely a minority.  What will decide if your scenario plays out is if enough of everyone else is willing to fight just as vehemently to not allow it to happen.  In that context, I can't really applaud anyone deciding they should leave the US because of what we see now.

Here's to you choosing a walk-on part in the war to a lead role in a cage.

There's a far larger contingent of "but Biden this/that...." silent trump supporters though. They won't argue for anything trump does, but they'll defend his unconstitutional behavior with whataboutism about something completely unrelated that they heard about on fox news. 

There are not enough voting americans who are willing to fight to not allow fascism to happen, because did you hear about biden's son???

26 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

While I take your criticism to heart and agree about America's trajectory, I don't think England would be my first choice of destination to get away from a country on the decline, especially post-Brexit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

But Mr. Trump, sir, didn't you recently say that if Russia had information on a political opponent, you'd want to hear it?  So it's very legal and very cool when you do it, but if that brown man did it, it was definitely treason?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nope said:

Username checks out.  Tribe is wrong.  

Pelosi would no longer be speaker because she too is up for election.  Fourth in line is pro tempore of the Senate, the senior most member of the majority party, Chuck Grassley.  But the majority would flip to Dems because 23 Republicans and 12 Dems are up for grabs in 2020.  Dems would control Senate.

Vermont Senator Leahy would be sworn in as 46th POTUS.

At the beginning of Idiocracy we see dumb asses out breeding smart folks. Then the movie jumps far into the future. Maybe we're currently filling in the blank about what happens in between. 

Not Sure

fox_news_idiocracy.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LongestHorn said:

Pelosi would no longer be speaker because she too is up for election.  Fourth in line is pro tempore of the Senate, the senior most member of the majority party, Chuck Grassley.  But the majority would flip to Dems because 23 Republicans and 12 Dems are up for grabs in 2020.  Dems would control Senate.

In other words, not Trump

28 minutes ago, LongestHorn said:

That's not a complete answer.  Pelosi's exit is true if California fails to hold an election, or if they do and Pelosi loses (lulz).  Why would California fail to hold an election?  Could Trump make that happen?  Doubtful.

That said, EVEN IF all elections are suspended, the Senate does not need to elect a sitting Senator as pro tem.  They could actually elect Joe Biden and put him in the Oval Office.

24 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

That's not a complete answer.  Pelosi's exit is true if California fails to hold an election, or if they do and Pelosi loses (lulz).  Why would California fail to hold an election?  Could Trump make that happen?  Doubtful.

That said, EVEN IF all elections are suspended, the Senate does not need to elect a sitting Senator as pro tem.  They could actually elect Joe Biden and put him in the Oval Office.

which begs the question - even if it takes "months or years" to count presidential ballots, the house and senate races surely wouldn't need that much time, right?  if she wins, i don't know how a speaker election would look, or if there'd even be one, especially if some states are "still counting" their ballots.  bottom line, there will be plenty of elected officials to step in.

trump is used to tying things up in court to get his way.  i have no doubt that he'll try it again.

6 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Is this where Bill Barr once more steps into the fray? He's been so...so... helpful in that regard.

some of our legal scholars can step in, but i think this is more of a supreme court issue, at least ultimately.

one of the many many reasons we need this shit to be a wipeout.  the biggest sharpie in the world can't correct a 200+ electoral vote beatdown.

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

That sounds like a made up name.....DAMMIT!

Senator Douglas McCockiner

I was later on the uptake than you. I just now vocalized the name and cracked up. I just kind of ignored that absurd tweet and assumed the absurdity was why it was dismissed. 

I've been heavy into finishing a project. Thanks to surly for the nice comic relief as I unwind. I'm still laughing. Insanely just a little bit, but laughing nonetheless.

Edited by RomaVicta

The Beirut explosion made me think of West, Texas' explosion so I was reading up on its Wikipedia page. Anyway they have this statement from Obama released the next day:

Today our prayers go out to the people of West, Texas in the aftermath of last night's deadly explosion at a fertilizer plant. A tight-knit community has been shaken, and good, hard-working people have lost their lives. I want to thank the first responders who worked tirelessly through the night to contain the situation and treat the wounded. My Administration, through FEMA and other agencies, is in close contact with our state and local partners on the ground to make sure there are no unmet needs as search and rescue and response operations continue. West is a town that many Texans hold near and dear to their hearts, and as residents continue to respond to this tragedy, they will have the support of the American people.

I can't imagine Trump's WH even releasing a statement like that. Obviously Obama had speechwriters but regardless its nice to have a consoler-in-chief when bad things happen. It costs nothing to act like this. Given that Trump could employ the same type of speechwriters, does anyone see him even releasing a statement like this? Instead he would probably retweet that people are talking about suspicious brown skinned people in the area.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

Was always weird how Jill Stein being spotted at that Russian conference wasn't a bigger deal.  I guess everything gets lost in the shitshow that is trump.  Now Kanye magically lands on the ballot in a key battleground state.  Since Kanye has zero ability to even tie his shoes, and obviously he has no election campaign, one of Donald's nice attorneys filed everything for crazy kanye.  How sweet...

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

That sounds like a made up name.....DAMMIT!

No worries my brother.  I had no idea why you were getting railed on until the third glass of wine loosened up the mind just enough to let the syllables flow in the proper fashion.  An epiphany if you will.

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The surveillance on Page was merely incidental to the surveillance of Russian intelligence who were recruiting him as a potential asset. Don't want to get surveilled by the FBI? THEN DON'T CONSORT WITH FOREIGN SPIES!!!

Fucking traitor. 

That’s what I never understood about this shit.  If someone is hanging around alleged spies and the President is made aware of this, isn’t the President supposed to look into it?  Seems like that would be in the job description somewhere. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Deutsche Bank complied with the subpoena. Over a period of months last year, it provided Mr. Vance’s office with detailed records, including financial statements and other materials that Mr. Trump had provided to the bank as he sought loans, according to two of the people familiar with the inquiry.

5 hours ago, Wanker Bob said:

GHWB and Clinton both had horrible missteps and mistakes but both also accomplished decent things and it's believable both attempted to do the best they could. 

Can you list the horrible missteps that Clinton committed (getting a blowjob doesn’t count).  I’m asking for policy type missteps.  It’s been a long time, but off the top of my head I admit Somalia was fucked up, but in the grand scheme of things that’s not even in the same ballpark of fuck ups of the last 20 years.

Perhaps I was influenced by just getting out of college when all of Clinton’s good shit started taking root, but I remember his Presidency as being a time when America was pretty fucking great.  It was definitely the high point of my voting years.

Can you list the horrible missteps that Clinton committed (getting a blowjob doesn’t count).  I’m asking for policy type missteps.  It’s been a long time, but off the top of my head I admit Somalia was fucked up, but in the grand scheme of things that’s not even in the same ballpark of fuck ups of the last 20 years.
Perhaps I was influenced by just getting out of college when all of Clinton’s good shit started taking root, but I remember his Presidency as being a time when America was pretty fucking great.  It was definitely the high point of my voting years.

Foreign policy: North Korea, Bosnia.

Domestic policy: Crime bill, welfare “reform.”

And I gotta tell you, the Waco thing wasn’t great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 4

Most of Clinton’s missteps didn’t really bear poison fruit (at least that much of the public noticed at the time) until he was no longer in office. The two biggest off the top of my head are the 1994 crime bill and the financial services modernization bill. Of course, both of these enjoyed broad bipartisan support, but if Democrats are going to support and enact Republican policies that end up hurting millions of people simply because those positions were popular, they deserve to get shit on for that. 

• Hook 'Em 1