Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

Raw intelligence apparently rhymes with "horseshit fabricated from whole cloth and hearsay". Go ahead and google search: "steele" "bible" "gospel" site:www.surlyhorns.com. Let me save you the suspense, here is what returns. You'll recognize some of the cast of characters. 

Three years ago, while some of the same posters here who now get triggered were getting worked up about military coups, servers fumes, and international conspiracies, others were posting that the investigations being initiated would never uncover the grand Russiagate conspiracy being laid out, and it would all boil down to revelations about shady financials related to his real estate dealings. 

Surprise! Look where we are ending up.  

Edited by Anastasis

17 hours ago, Texas73 said:

Keeping surveillance on Carter Page is not anywhere near as big of a political crime as Trump using taxpayer money to shake-down Ukraine.

17 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I think you just lit the Anastasis signal.

Ana, is this the exchange that you are referring to when you say you were "name dropped" and had to run to tell everyone that Russiagate broke their brains as the board was talking about Donald's financials? I'm trying to figure out who to neg for starting this shit, but this is hilarious if that's what you are talking about.... 

• Hook 'Em 1

The real enemy?  The real enemy is us.  Russia was always a distraction intended to deflect from recognizing that Trump is not a Russian problem.  He is American society and politics perfectly personified. But rather than comes to grips with the fact that America has embraced such a flawed political expression, we need an external locus of control to push it off on.  A pretty basic psychological defense mechanism.    

I wasn’t aware that Americans were being attacked by Americans* I do realize that Americans were attacked by the Russians/Wagner group, that Russians supplied opponents, and paid bounties for US soldiers.

*in a civilian context, it seems right-wing lunatics and their secret police force are attacking Americans.
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

The 1994 midterms saw Republicans gain a foothold in Congress and literally shutdown the government. Clinton was forced to maneuver right and play ball with the GOP.

"Forced to maneuver" does not equate to kicking over a crucial pillar of stability in our financial system that 90% of voters had never heard of at the time becauser it was so good at silently protecting their interests. Fuck Bill Clinton, for many reasons, but repealed Glass-Steagal should be on his tombstone. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

I know that you and Nunes want the real story to be the Steele Dossier and how unfair it was

This is what it seems to come down to for him.  Look, we aren't going to change his mind.  We should just be giving him the "right, Glen" treatment whenever he brings it up, especially outside of the Mueller thread.

26188b1c-803a-4c78-8bc9-ab4918af6402_tex

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

You knew we were ducked when he wouldn’t shut up a out the inauguration crowd size 

You knew we were fucked the day after the election. I’m constantly baffled at how anyone expected anything other than exactly what we got when we all knew exactly what trump was. I remember laughing in my old boss’s face when he was excited over trump announcing he was going to run. “He’s an outsider and a businessman. He knows how to run things.” wat? I insisted that there was no fucking way the republicans were stupid enough to nominate that phony. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

We just need the clown out of power so we can start rebuilding our global reputation. So get with program fuckstick.

I said that he should have been removed after Helsinki, impeached and removed from office based on volume 2, and impeached and removed based on Ukraine. I can hold those opinions simultaneously while not also deluding myself about "raw intelligence" and what was actually done by foreigners working as DNC operatives to influence the US election. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This is what it seems to come down to for him.  Look, we aren't going to change his mind.  We should just be giving him the "right, Glen" treatment whenever he brings it up, especially outside of the Mueller thread.

26188b1c-803a-4c78-8bc9-ab4918af6402_tex

I am not the one that brought up carter page, and misrepresented the basis for the FBI surveilling him.  I thought I kept it pretty low key snarky with the Russiagate broke y'alls brains quip and would have been more than willing to leave it at that. 

Just now, Anastasis said:

I am not the one that brought up carter page, and misrepresented the basis for the FBI surveilling him.  I thought I kept it pretty low key snarky with the Russiagate broke y'alls brains quip and would have been more than willing to leave it at that. 

Right, Glen.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I said that he should have been removed after Helsinki, impeached and removed from office based on volume 2, and impeached and removed based on Ukraine. I can hold those opinions simultaneously while not also deluding myself about "raw intelligence" and what was actually done by foreigners working as DNC operatives to influence the US election. 

Hahahaha look a Lindsey's fuxkstick!!!!

poor ittle trump is the real victim and those Dems are the real meanies.

Yeah. We started with trump publicly asking Russia for assistance against Hillary, the trump campaign meeting with Russians to get dirt on Hillary, the trump campaign providing Russian cutouts with internal polling data, the Russians running troll farms to motivate trump turnout and divide democrat turnout in 2016, Russians hacking the emails of various Dem actors, and trump’s advisor coordinating with wikileaks on the timing of release of hacked emails.  
The GOP was captured by trump partly due to their lack in critical thinking and adoption of both sides fallacies.
We are ending with the US having been decimated over the last nearly 4 years. We’ve retreated from our global influence. None of our allies trust us. Authoritarians around the world are now our friends. We can’t stop kowtowing to Russia. Our economy is now decimated and we are still fumbling covid response. 
I know that you and Nunes want the real story to be the Steele Dossier and how unfair it was.  It would probably help your cause if the Dossier had been released prior to the 2016 election. 
Whether we have been kowtowing to Russia because of piss tapes, trump financial ties, or both isn’t relevant anymore. We just need the clown out of power so we can start rebuilding our global reputation. So get with the program and stop being Lindsey’s fuckstick.

It helps to imagine Al Pacino yelling this.

What we know about Trump’s ties to Russia’s efforts to influence our election is just the tip of the iceberg. Of note, Reality Winner is still in prison for leaking classified materials that [checks notes] Russia hacked into voter rolls, one part of the conspiracy you believe doesn’t exist.

Reality Winner unsuccessfully petitioned to be released from prison during COVID and was diagnosed with COVID a few weeks ago while imprisoned.

Meanwhile, Roger Stone had his sentence commuted by Trump, after confirming he “could have easily turned on the president to avoid trial”. While he later implied he could have lied, that also implies that lying comes easily.
  • Like 4

Three years ago, while some of the same posters here who now get triggered were getting worked up about military coups, servers fumes, and international conspiracies, others were posting that the investigations being initiated would never uncover the grand Russiagate conspiracy being laid out

It was uncovered. Nobody imagined that the AG and Senate Republicans would prefer to violate their oaths of office and ignore it to the extent they did.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Has Anastasis ever opined on the validity or legality of the FBI investigations into Hillary and the Clinton Foundation? Seems such an obvious topic for Captain Bothsides to cover, but I don't think he's ever said a word about it. 

Look, there is only so much one can be outraged about. Russiagate is the hill to die on...

8 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Has Anastasis ever opined on the validity or legality of the FBI investigations into Hillary and the Clinton Foundation? Seems such an obvious topic for Captain Bothsides to cover, but I don't think he's ever said a word about it. 

Well yeah.  I am on record that James Comey's mishandling of the Clinton investigation immediately prior to the election was the single most impactful event that led to Clinton's election defeat (outside perhaps poor campaigning decisions).  The impact is actually quantifiable.  You've read this from me before, so it's not new, but you choose to be dishonest instead.  

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-comey-letter-probably-cost-clinton-the-election/

The funny part about all this ?

if he doesn’t start an idiotic trade war with China, he doesn’t bring a good economy to a dead end and easily wins a second term 

1. He’s an idiot that destroys everything he touches 

2. It’s better to be born rich than to be born smart 

Also, since this is the dotard thread, what exactly is his hang up on the "open the schools!" flailing about madness?  Why does he care?
He sold 30% of Americans on the idea that he would "Make America Great Again". He's trying to sell more Americans on the idea that he would "Keep America Great". Too many Americans weren't paying attention to the bullshit he did pre-COVID and of presented with it, even though it was shameful by any standard, they could rationalize it away as "business as usual in DC" (even though it isn't).

Well, you can't sell "I made America great again" and "Keep America Great" if the kids aren't even in school. I think he could get away with 200,000 deaths because we're large enough and spread out enough to not be directly affected by many of those deaths, but everyone is affected by kids not being in school. He's trying to keep the con going, nothing more.
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

lots of posts, I was hoping there was something new here. Instead it's the same old devil's advocate bullshit(er) that shows up from time to time.

See y'all after the NYAG announcement....

The only lesson here is that if someone tags you in a Politics thread, 'don't respond' is actually an option.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Well yeah.  I am on record that James Comey's mishandling of the Clinton investigation immediately prior to the election was the single most impactful event that led to Clinton's election defeat (outside perhaps poor campaigning decisions).  The impact is actually quantifiable.  You've read this from me before, so it's not new, but you choose to be dishonest instead.  

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-comey-letter-probably-cost-clinton-the-election/

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I'm not talking about Comey speaking out publicly near the election in violation of DOJ guidelines, I'm talking about the actual factual predicates on which those investigations were established and whether procedures were properly followed in establishing them. Have you ever opined about that? This isn't a trap or an attempt to trick you, I don't know much about them other than that Clinton Cash was apparently the basis for launching the investigation into the Clinton Foundation. That seems pretty fucking fishy to me given what we know about who was behind Clinton Cash, but I also don't think the FBI should necessarily completely ignore shit just because the source is untrustworthy.

29 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

• Hook 'Em 1

Fucking colossal waste of time.  She’s just trying to raise money for others during election season.  She needs to get back to her task force that will serve Trump numerous summons in Florida this time next year.  

I don't think it moves the needle.  Donations to the NRA have dried up.  They are less popular than Trump.  There is a reason Republicans never talk about them anymore.  The AG has also not said anything about guns at all.  This is all misuse of funds stuff.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

4 minutes ago, kevwun said:

4 people named in the lawsuit, one of which is Wayne LaPierre.  She is seeking to dissolve the NRA.  Fingers crossed that info about all that Russian dark money comes out.

yeah, this could be pretty big, depending on that dark russian money tho

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Well, Republicans have found their November battle cry.

This.

This is fucking horrible. It will be spun as an attack on guns, an attack on your freedoms, and an attack on a national institution. It will galvanize any Rs who might have been willing to sit this one out. It will be a rallying cry. The democrats just decided to go ahead and drop an October Surprise of their own in August. Holy fuck. 

You don't even have to threaten to dissolve the NRA. Just go after all the guilty parties and threaten to remove their Non Profit status. Fuck me. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I'm not talking about Comey speaking out publicly near the election in violation of DOJ guidelines, I'm talking about the actual factual predicates on which those investigations were established and whether procedures were properly followed in establishing them. Have you ever opined about that? This isn't a trap or an attempt to trick you, I don't know much about them other than that Clinton Cash was apparently the basis for launching the investigation into the Clinton Foundation. That seems pretty fucking fishy to me given what we know about who was behind Clinton Cash, but I also don't think the FBI should necessarily completely ignore shit just because the source is untrustworthy.

I think that it's all summarized in the IG report on MYE, which I would expect you are familiar with?  It's been a while since I read it, but I did a text search and didn't see anything about Clinton Cash.  I have never seen Clinton Cash, and don't recall it being discussed much here as the basis for the FBI investigation. Text search of the forum didn't return much on point. But I do think that the IG report is quite clear that the FBI mishandled the investigation, that some of the FBI agents involved discredited themselves, and Comey went rogue. I hope that is sufficiently #bothsides enough to satisfy your needs. 

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

yeah, this could be pretty big, depending on that dark russian money tho

This is only a net positive for Democrats if they find Russian money, or already have found it, and they release that shit STAT. Of course, that can't happen till a Trial, right?

Just now, kevwun said:

Remington just went bankrupt.  The NRA isn't helping anyone other than Wayne LaPierre.

That's...that's not the point. You're thinking of practicality. When you should be thinking of how this looks, how it will be spun, and how people who read headlines and nothing else will react. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This.

This is fucking horrible. It will be spun as an attack on guns, an attack on your freedoms, and an attack on a national institution. It will galvanize any Rs who might have been willing to sit this one out. It will be a rallying cry. The democrats just decided to go ahead and drop an October Surprise of their own in August. Holy fuck. 

You don't even have to threaten to dissolve the NRA. Just go after all the guilty parties and threaten to remove their Non Profit status. Fuck me. 

Pfft.  The people who would take this as a rallying cry are already going to vote, and they're voting for Trump.

This has no impact whatsoever.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

I don't think you understand all of the stupid shit LaPierre has blown money on that is going to come out during this.  That stuff is easy for people to understand.  And anything that exposes Russian dark money is good.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is only a net positive for Democrats if they find Russian money, or already have found it, and they release that shit STAT. Of course, that can't happen till a Trial, right?

i'm convinced that they've found russian money. the nra's finances in recent years have been all sorts of fucked up. once trump got elected, a lot of that money seems to have magically dried up.

this dude always tips his hand.