Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

Just now, Ghost of LL said:

Pfft.  The people who would take this as a rallying cry are already going to vote, and they're voting for Trump.

This has no impact whatsoever.

I fundamentally disagree. There are a lot of Rs who are happy to sit this one out, particularly old ones. And this absolutely might change their minds. My father in law gave us lifetime memberships to the NRA when we got married. He always thought Obama was coming for his guns. And he was probably either not going to vote or not vote for Trump in the election this fall. I would bet years off the back end of my life he will now vote for whoever he thinks is protecting his guns and freedoms. There are many, many people like him out there. 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

That's...that's not the point. You're thinking of practicality. When you should be thinking of how this looks, how it will be spun, and how people who read headlines and nothing else will react. 

“Top NRA execs accused of fraud” is going to have bad optics? People in rural Virginia sent a dem to the state house and his sole issue was gun reform. I think you’re off base on what the majority of people want politically. The NRA is a sham org with virtually no political pull anymore 

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Pfft.  The people who would take this as a rallying cry are already going to vote, and they're voting for Trump.

You underestimate the stupidity of the average citizen.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

and i agree with this. gun nuts are already in the bag for trump. reasonable gun owners are probably still a split decision, but one like me is not going to be motivated to vote for trump because the state attorney of the new york district is going after the nra.

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

I don't think you understand all of the stupid shit LaPierre has blown money on that is going to come out during this.  That stuff is easy for people to understand.  And anything that exposes Russian dark money is good.

These are the same people who don't have a problem with Joel Osteen owning like a 20 million dollar mansion and lots of planes, off the backs of their donations, right? I don't think you understand how stupid many people are, or the power of cognitive dissonance. 

The Russian Dark money better show up and fast. That's a RISK. This could have waited till February. 

This lady, who is extremely well spoken and I'm really liking, has now mentioned dissolving the Trump Foundation TWICE voluntarily in this Press Conference. I don't know what to tell you if you don't think this will be taken as an attack. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jester said:

The average citizen Trumpublican already believes that the Obama, the Dems, Hillary, and Soros are coming for their guns.  This won't move the needle.  This will (1) expose fraud and (2) be forgotten by tomorrow after the next batshit and horrible thing trump does.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I don't think you understand all of the stupid shit LaPierre has blown money on that is going to come out during this.  That stuff is easy for people to understand.  And anything that exposes Russian dark money is good.

The president was caught red-handed extorting Ukraine to win an election.

Was impeached.

And he got off .... easily... and maybe even came out the other end in a stronger political position.

No matter how simple, political spin in this age of post-truth can defeat your puny 'facts'.

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Sydney, when was the last time you heard Trump or a Republican mention the Trump Foundation?  It's because they know it's a loser for them because it's indefensible.  Reminding people about the President's fuckups is not a negative. 

Just now, lemonlime said:

The average citizen Trumpublican already believes that the Obama, the Dems, Hillary, and Soros are coming for their guns.  This won't move the needle.  This will (1) expose fraud and (2) be forgotten by tomorrow after the next batshit and horrible thing trump does.

lol.  No.  It won't.  It will be entered into their "law & order!" rallying cry as proof that dems don't care about the safety of the average citizen and support Antifa.  Won't stop them from putting videos together of the protests and then shifting it to "and now the Dems want to leave you defenseless."  Sound ridiculous?  Yup.  Bought by morons?  Yup.  

Trump was defeating himself.  It's shit like this that 'could' move the needle.  That's the problem.  Why give them the fucking chance or any ammo at all?  There was nothing to be gained by this.  Push it to February like SydneyCarton said.

• Like 1

The funny part about all this ?

if he doesn’t start an idiotic trade war with China, he doesn’t bring a good economy to a dead end and easily wins a second term 

1. He’s an idiot that destroys everything he touches 

2. It’s better to be born rich than to be born smart 

In a scenario where there’s no trade war, it’s more likely we would have gotten more intelligence and cooperation with the Chinese at earlier stages of COVID.

3 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Sydney, when was the last time you heard Trump or a Republican mention the Trump Foundation?  It's because they know it's a loser for them because it's indefensible.  Reminding people about the President's fuckups is not a negative. 

Hey, I'm cheering for you to be right. Lets see what the dispshit tweets in the next 24-48 hours on it.

The world doesn't operate on reason and logic anymore. 

8 minutes ago, Jester said:

I think I estimate the stupidity of the average citizen correctly--he is very, very stupid.  That's reflected by Trump's current 40% approval.  

And what I'm saying is that those stupid people were voting for Trump with or without this announcement.

• Hook 'Em 1

I think I'll wait till the info starts trickling out before panicking.  There could very well be a reason they did this now.  This is like when you all start panicking when a poll comes out where Biden lost a point somewhere.

Edited by kevwun

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

I think I'll wait till the info starts trickling out before panicking.  There could very well be a reason they did this now.  This is like when you all start panicking a poll comes out where Biden lost a point somewhere.

To be fair...I don't panic about that. 

I will say, this AG has been fucking nailz in this press conference. Extremely impressive. 

4 minutes ago, Jester said:

lol.  No.  It won't.  It will be entered into their "law & order!" rallying cry as proof that dems don't care about the safety of the average citizen and support Antifa.  Won't stop them from putting videos together of the protests and then shifting it to "and now the Dems want to leave you defenseless."  Sound ridiculous?  Yup.  Bought by morons?  Yup.  

Trump was defeating himself.  It's shit like this that 'could' move the needle.  That's the problem.  Why give them the fucking chance or any ammo at all?  There was nothing to be gained by this.  Push it to February like SydneyCarton said.

I agree.  it will be added to the rallying cry.  I just think that trump will find or make up shit for the rallying cry whatever the dems do.  Worrying about what the GOP, who is already running on segregation, racism, and fear of cities, is going to drum up fear over is a fool's errand.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Back in the early 90’s I was working my way through school and worked at this telemarketing job.  It was one of these places that would sell anything they could get their hands on.  We sold everything from Canadian lottery tickets to this newfangled box technology called Caller ID.

We were on a project one time selling memberships to the NRA and one of our written out scripted rebuttals for someone that said no to our pitch was..

Do you not love America and/or God??

..It really wasn’t as successful as you might imagine.

27 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This.

This is fucking horrible. It will be spun as an attack on guns, an attack on your freedoms, and an attack on a national institution. It will galvanize any Rs who might have been willing to sit this one out. It will be a rallying cry. The democrats just decided to go ahead and drop an October Surprise of their own in August. Holy fuck. 

You don't even have to threaten to dissolve the NRA. Just go after all the guilty parties and threaten to remove their Non Profit status. Fuck me. 

You are the @satyanash of the Politics board.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

32 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is only a net positive for Democrats if they find Russian money, or already have found it, and they release that shit STAT. Of course, that can't happen till a Trial, right?

If Republican lawyers had privileged access to things in discovery that were damaging to Dems, you can be sure that they would magically leak due to "hackers," Russian or otherwise.  Dems are always trying to play it by the book. They have yet to realize that there really is no book.  

Edited by FondrenRoad

6 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

You are the @satyanash of the Politics board.

why would you bring me to this accursed place?

31 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Remington just went bankrupt.  The NRA isn't helping anyone other than Wayne LaPierre.

Remongton went bankrupt because they made absolute garbage-tier crap that kept getting recalled. Their quality control fell of a cliff several years ago, and the launch of their flagship 9mm R-51 was a disaster.

• Like 1

"Forced to maneuver" does not equate to kicking over a crucial pillar of stability in our financial system that 90% of voters had never heard of at the time becauser it was so good at silently protecting their interests. Fuck Bill Clinton, for many reasons, but repealed Glass-Steagal should be on his tombstone. 

I don’t disagree. Possibly he didn’t see the ramifications of this action. It would have also happened a few years later anyway.

Also, since this is the dotard thread, what exactly is his hang up on the "open the schools!" flailing about madness?  Why does he care?

He doesn’t care. The magician has a pretty assistant in shiny clothes for a reason.
  • Hook 'Em 1

My two cents:

I wasn't old enough to have a job, but I remember negative PR with regard to United Way and my parents getting upset and changing how they made charitable contributions. If the AG makes a stink about protecting donor dollars from fraud and "OH! WHAT'S THIS???? RUSSIAN MONEY!!!!!! OMG!!!!" it might play better in the news. Paul Erickson just went to prison for fraud last month. Maria B is back in Moscow, but maybe Paul wasn't such a small cog after all and spent some time talking to people it might be provident to expose some of the handshake donations that rolled through the coffers at the NRA.

If someone gets outraged over the NRA and the AG statement, then they were going to get triggered by just about anything. Getting upset over the statement, and not the reason nor the constant stream of dark money influencing politics is what easily manipulated stupid people do. But they often vote, so here we are.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
EDIT

6 minutes ago, Nivek said:

He doesn’t care. The magician has a pretty assistant in shiny clothes for a reason.

Disagree.  He knows if kids arent in school there are going to be a ton of parents that are fucked by not having the ability to keep them home and go to work.  Tons of 2 income families are completely reliant on their kids being at school for 8 hours Monday through Friday.  It puts living wages front and center, and R's dont like that.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Fuck the NRA. They are nothing but telemarketing scammers. I figured them out in '92 when anything I sent in was never enough. Wayne LaPierre is no better than Kenneth Copeland or Joel Osteen. Once you're on the mailing list, yer fooked. Then they started taking Russian money because... money.

So while y'all are complaining about the NRA on the Trump thread, the Trump owned federal government is paying for Texas and Florida's national guard deployments in full, while not doing so for governor's that don't suck his dick.  Not sure how Abbott gets on his knees, but he does it.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/06/politics/trump-national-guard-coronavirus-texas-florida/index.html

I still wonder how this union is beneficial for blue states considering we pay significantly for a federal government that does nothing for us when we need it.

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

So while y'all are complaining about the NRA on the Trump thread, the Trump owned federal government is paying for Texas and Florida's national guard deployments in full, while not doing so for governor's that don't suck his dick.  Not sure how Abbott gets on his knees, but he does it.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/06/politics/trump-national-guard-coronavirus-texas-florida/index.html

I still wonder how this union is beneficial for blue states considering we pay significantly for a federal government that does nothing for us when we need it.

It's not beneficial, and honestly it's detrimental. I don't fucking want to be like Mississippi and Oklahoma, I fucking want to be like Canada and Germany. 

• Hook 'Em 2

This is colossally stupid. They are already falling apart. 

Getting Wayne LaPenis and Oliver North in depo cat fights will be worth the price of admission.

Not many current NRA members are not already Trump dick suckers. Years of “..but libs want my guns” does not make this big news. They may raise some money, to be sure. But if they REALLY get to follow the money, shit could get interesting.

My Trump nutter acquaintances think the NRA is too liberal. Gun Owners of America is their current jam.

2 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Not many current NRA members are not already Trump dick suckers. Years of “..but libs want my guns” does not make this big news. They may raise some money, to be sure. But if they REALLY get to follow the money, shit could get interesting.

I know people who were literally ready to vote for Biden because they hate Trump and now will vote for every Republican they can. They probably aren't even NRA members, but like it or not, an attack by a Democratic AG from a Yankee state will be perceived as an attack on gun ownership. 

10 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I know people who were literally ready to vote for Biden because they hate Trump and now will vote for every Republican they can. They probably aren't even NRA members, but like it or not, an attack by a Democratic AG from a Yankee state will be perceived as an attack on gun ownership. 

Funny how "Yankee state" only matters if its a Dem.  Meanwhile, they eat shit straight from the Depends of a "Yankee state" elitist fascist.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

It's not beneficial, and honestly it's detrimental. I don't fucking want to be like Mississippi and Oklahoma, I fucking want to be like Canada and Germany. 

Yep, also Biden isn't going to fix it.  Tax revenue will still pour out of blue states into states like Mississippi and Oklahoma.  Blue state infrastructure will continue to crumble and be severely outclassed by European and Asian infrastructure.  Mississippi and Oklahoma will never have viable economies of their own because they don't want viable economies.  

A break up is in order no matter who wins.

5 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

This goes for both parties 

Bullshit Rebuttal Template: 

Imagine being okay with  [illegal activity]  but  [insert political party talking point]

STOP DOING THIS

Why can't people just be against illegal activity across the board?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

he retweeted this too:

Lulz, I love how he goes for the most batshit apocalyptic version of everything.  Sadly, some of his cult believes it.  Your guns will be taken away immediately and without notice!  You will be anally raped with a hot poker and force fed your own eyeballs!  

Yeah, did he say it like "No Justice.  No Peace"  when he said "No Police.  No Guns."  That kinda cadence?  Or was it like, "With no police, there would be no guns?"  Or was it like "There will not be any police under Biden.  And then, on top of that...there will also not be any guns?"  But in that scenario, are there no guns for the police as well?  Or just no guns for citizens?  Or since there are no police, do the ex-police get to have guns and the rest of us don't?  He's so esoteric, it's hard to say what he meant.  

Just now, Neonmoon said:

This goes for both parties 

Bullshit Rebuttal Template: 

Imagine being okay with  [illegal activity]  but  [insert political party talking point]

STOP DOING THIS

Why can't people just be against illegal activity across the board?

It is textbook whataboutism.

1 hour ago, FondrenRoad said:

wheelchair-fall-prevention.jpg