Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

I’ve lived in a country next to Thailand for the past 5 years. Travelled to Thailand many times. Sailed in Thai waters for a week. I live 1/2 a block from a great Thai restaurant run by a family from Phuket. I’ve met and worked with many Thai people. 

Not once has it been pronounced Thigh...

Trump and his followers will lie about anything. It is a sickness. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Dinesh contradicts himself regarding Trump in his own tweet, doesn't he? He says Trump has traveled around the world. That seems touristy to me. Especially since he is usually visiting to sell the Trump brand and stay at Trump resorts w/o soaking up another culture. Weird flex but whatever. Potato, tomato, and just for Canada: aboot.

39 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Did anyone else just get the NYT alert to the effect of "Russia continues to meddle in US election on Trump's behalf, intelligence officials say"? 

15 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

No, but I heard Nichole Wallace report on it earlier. I also read this yesterday:

I apologize if it appeared I was directing my harshness and frustration towards you regarding the lack of action. It's just that some of this has been overshadowed (and somewhat rightfully so) by the pandemic but it hasn't stopped happening.Back in February intelligence officials warned the House that this was going on (in a briefing) and the President was angry about the briefing being held at all. The Times actually did report on it back then, but going back to the deluge of information and chaos, stories like that get lost. That was back when Bernie Sanders told Putin to stay out of our elections. Maguire got in trouble over it IIRC and toady Richard Grennell replaced him. I'm still attempting to figure out if this is part of the playbook for declaring the election fraudulent (by the GOP) or if there are still public officials who have a conscience.

Trump thinks everything is fine. I'm sure it will go away after the election. 🧐

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Lifelong catholic, Jesuit educated, now active in Presbyterian leadership. Yeah, the overlap was pretty consistent. Loved being among real theological thinkers. A lotta dudes smarter than I’ll ever be.

don't confuse well spoken with intelligence.    There are smooth talking morons and smooth taking pesudo-intellectuals (nitzche) who fail when seen in proper context.  

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

The Jesuits are arguably the most roundly educated members of the Catholic faith. They're basically academics. I took a class at UT called The Bible as Literature which was taught by a former Jesuit priest. That dude was a motherfucking riot. He always said if you want to find a good racket, get into the Clergy. And then he talked about all the expensive wine and food they had delivered at wherever he/they lived in Philadelphia. Called rain God's Piss. Real interesting, philosophical cat. But whip fucking smart. And yes, all the Jesuits I've run into over the years (probably between 8-12) have all been highly educated academics. 

I took that class with that former  priest professor as well.   He was fantastic and it was one of the best classes I took at UT.  Definitely not what I was expecting.  I wish I could remember his name.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

You missed the best D'Souza tweet.

I didn't realize it was possible to pack this much wrong into 280 characters.

Just so I got this straight.  Republicans now agree that critics who are poorer, not from big cities, less educated, and less traveled should be disregard....correct??

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, RPM said:

We need 3 or 4 parties. This us vs them bs is going to kill us all. The extremists are hijacking the parties. There are more moderates overall.

Weimar Germany had more than two parties, and that didn’t prevent the extremists from taking over (largely by scapegoating another party of extremists).

A better solution would be ranked-choice voting. Trump would have been trounced in the primaries if not for all-or-nothing elections.

• Hook 'Em 1

If trump says the Coronavirus is going to disappear that means it’s here forever. Eventually once trump is no longer the president to kill hundreds of thousands from it it will become another one of our common colds and then it will become just like the trumpkins say, “just like the flu.”

I'm watching this now.  Complete nonsense, verbal diarrhea.  Someone with an English doctorate degree couldn't decipher his points, much less his Cletus base.

So status quo. Keep it up Dotard, let's kick the can down the road till you're out of office.

Edited by Mach 1
grammar!

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

The Jesuits are arguably the most roundly educated members of the Catholic faith. They're basically academics. I took a class at UT called The Bible as Literature which was taught by a former Jesuit priest. That dude was a motherfucking riot. He always said if you want to find a good racket, get into the Clergy. And then he talked about all the expensive wine and food they had delivered at wherever he/they lived in Philadelphia. Called rain God's Piss. Real interesting, philosophical cat. But whip fucking smart. And yes, all the Jesuits I've run into over the years (probably between 8-12) have all been highly educated academics. 

Ernie Kaulbach, by chance?

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is correct. My uncle is a Jesuit priest. Very smart, very funny, very opinionated.  He visits every New Year's and loves having martinis in hotel piano bars (he's 83).

He married my wife and I.   Some friends were lost trying to find the service; they drove past a priest in full regalia smoking a heater in front of the church and said, "That's Mach 1s wedding."

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mach 1 said:

This is correct. My uncle is a Jesuit priest. Very smart, very funny, very opinionated.  He visits every New Year's and loves having martinis in hotel piano bars (he's 83).

He married my wife and I.   

Kinky.  Sounds more Mormon than Catholic.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Irwin F Fletcher said:

Don't fight it and Congress begins to hand the power of the purse over to the President. Fight it and, Democrats hate America. I'm betting this was the republican play from the start.

For sure. They will never do it, but calling his bluff would blow it all up. His payroll tax credit isn't going to do shit. His UI isn't going to be $600, and we'll see what he does with the eviction moratorium. None of it will be enough and it will be all his baby 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yep.  Confession buys a lot of peace of mind.

In my outsider's view, Catholicism is somewhat tailored to the ignorant.  The dogma and ritual are perfect for peasant-types.  But it's not incompatible with deep thought, either, and the Society of Jesus, being education missionaries, are one of several orders that promote deep thought within Catholicism.

I used to be bothered, theoretically, by the "intercessional" aspects of confession as a good Prod should.  But AA deliberately swiped it, because "to another human being"* is vital to the peace of mind.

*Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

Edited by TwiceHorn

16 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Let him have the executive orders, and battle it out in court after the fact. Not a lawyer, so I don't know if that's possible, but I think I agree with this:

This is 100% wrong.  No matter what happens he would still blame someone. He would still blame the Democrats or “the Squad” or AOC or Biden/Obama or Kermit the Freaking Frog and his base would believe him.  People are too stupid to know they have been conned at this point so they will continue to follow der fuhrer all the way into the bunker.  Actually that bunker part would be a great outcome at this point of the simulation.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The problem is, who is going to challenge them in this environment?

First, they aren’t signed yet so whatever. But it depends on which aspect you’re talking about. I don’t think the Pres has executive authority to prevent evictions, so I can see landlords taking him to court for example 

5 hours ago, TexLonghorn said:

Also, I'm sure most English-speaking people around the world say "Tanzaynia", "Nambia", "the United Szhtateszh", "Yosemight", and "Minionapolis".  🙄 

I don't know why every republican insists on pretending that the way trump says or does things is the correct way and that everyone else is wrong.  Truly a cult.

Wait a minute! So all those stupid jokes about Tiger Woods' parentage were about a Black thigh affair? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Season 6 of "Big Love" looks lame as shit, and is trying too hard to be like "Veep."  I mean there is one cool plot twist, the patriarch who has three sister wives (Ivana, Marla, and Melania) does suddenly take on a fourth wife...Ivanka.  But it feels forced.  Almost rapey.  

5 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

so he's pro obama care ?

Well, it depends.

From June 26:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/26/us/politics/obamacare-trump-administration-supreme-court.html

The Trump administration asked the Supreme Court late Thursday to overturn the Affordable Care Act — a move that, if successful, would bring a permanent end to the health insurance program popularly known as Obamacare and wipe out coverage for as many as 23 million Americans.

In an 82-page brief submitted an hour before a midnight deadline, the administration joined Republican officials in Texas and 17 other states in arguing that in 2017, Congress, then controlled by Republicans, had rendered the law unconstitutional when it zeroed out the tax penalty for not buying insurance — the so-called individual mandate.

Aside from all that, and I do realize that Team GOP (aside from Trump) aren't all that stupid; is it simply possible that some have no idea that Obamacare covers pre-existing conditions, because Fox News?