Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

Lol.  One of you dumb pussies tried to dox me and call the ‘authorities’.  Funny shit.  Ask Bob. He’s free to give my cell.  Or PM me and I’ll give you my name address and cell.  Pussy.  

I just called to say how much I cared. I just called to say how much OUsux, and I mean it from the bottom of my heart.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Why the fuck aren’t they grilling him with his dumb answers, Such as

He works 24 hrs a day, how is that possible,

he has been golfing every 4th day, how is he working

why can’t they grill these fucks

^ That article is just so damning and is a thorough take down of any defense of Trump throughout this whole mess.

The next time you see someone complain about shit still being shutdown, send them this article. I know I'll keep it bookmarked solely for that purpose.

• Like 1

In case we need a refresh, the cruelty is the point. Stupid, cut off your nose to spite your face, blind cruelty. 

The cruelty of the Trump administration’s policies, and the ritual rhetorical flaying of his targets before his supporters, are intimately connected. As Lili Loofbourow wrote of the Kavanaugh incident in Slate, adolescent male cruelty toward women is a bonding mechanism, a vehicle for intimacy through contempt. The white men in the lynching photos are smiling not merely because of what they have done, but because they have done it together.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/10/the-cruelty-is-the-point/572104/

2 years later and it hasn't changed a bit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cactusflinthead said:

In case we need a refresh, the cruelty is the point. Stupid, cut off your nose to spite your face, blind cruelty. 

The cruelty of the Trump administration’s policies, and the ritual rhetorical flaying of his targets before his supporters, are intimately connected. As Lili Loofbourow wrote of the Kavanaugh incident in Slate, adolescent male cruelty toward women is a bonding mechanism, a vehicle for intimacy through contempt. The white men in the lynching photos are smiling not merely because of what they have done, but because they have done it together.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/10/the-cruelty-is-the-point/572104/

2 years later and it hasn't changed a bit.

Spot on.

Over 173 people starred this post on the Aggie site in reference to a rumor that Kamala Harris would be Biden's pick for VP. This is mild compared to some of the comments I see on a daily basis directed toward "other." It is no wonder that some from marginalized groups hover in the orbit of these white males supporting their cruelty. Just as the sophomore on the wrestling team doesn't speak out against the upperclassmen sodomizing the froshies with broomsticks and beer bottles for fear that he will be cast out from the dominant group. 

Kamalaharris.png.9ea160fdf497a9b19e577aa54cd4d7d6.png

Bonding indeed.

19 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Spot on.

Over 173 people starred this post on the Aggie site in reference to a rumor that Kamala Harris would be Biden's pick for VP. This is mild compared to some of the comments I see on a daily basis directed toward "other." It is no wonder that some from marginalized groups hover in the orbit of these white males supporting their cruelty. Just as the sophomore on the wrestling team doesn't speak out against the upperclassmen sodomizing the froshies with broomsticks and beer bottles for fear that he will be cast out from the dominant group. 

Bonding indeed.

i blows my mind that that website is made up of educated people.  it has single handledly made me decide my kids can't go there.  it is so pervasive in its stupidity in all its forms (including every -ism you can think of) that is swamps every other bit of data that i have that says that people that go there end up fine.

• Hook 'Em 3

I mean, we always knew Aggies were a small people...but that website really does cast a flashlight on many of them.  

Did it honestly effect your choices in higher education for your kids, or were you just being hyperbolic for effect?  

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

I mean, we always knew Aggies were a small people...but that website really does cast a flashlight on many of them.  

Did it honestly effect your choices in higher education for your kids, or were you just being hyperbolic for effect?  

future plans.  kids are still small.  but there is no hyperbole here.  it would take a real unique set of circumstances to change my mind.  i know that it must be fairly irrational, because it has to be an unrepresentative sample echo chamber.    

i come from a family with multiple aggie family members.  that site makes me suspicious of my own siblings and the stupidity lurking inside.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

If you want a degree in horticulture there are not a lot of other options. It's either sand aggy or aggy if you want to stay in Texas. 

I do believe that their student body (like many nationwide) is around fifty percent female so a sports dominated message board that trends towards graduates is going to be populated by a smaller set of opinions. Critical thinking and open-mindedness can be applied at any institution but the choice to do it is up to the student. Is it easier at some places? I'm sure.

Just now, Mrs Whiggins said:

I do believe that their student body (like many nationwide) is around fifty percent female so a sports dominated message board that trends towards graduates is going to be populated by a smaller set of opinions. Critical thinking and open-mindedness can be applied at any institution but the choice to do it is up to the student. Is it easier at some places? I'm sure.

counterpoint, this website.  why does it have a completely different tenor than that one? Also, my education was greatly aided by the fact that i was surrounded by really smart people and really good people and really honest people. if i am looking for that for my kids, that website screams we are neither smart nor good nor honest.  plural of anecdote is not data, but my god that is a lot of anecdotal evidence.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

counterpoint, this website.  why does it have a completely different tenor than that one? Also, my education was greatly aided by the fact that i was surrounded by really smart people and really good people and really honest people. if i am looking for that for my kids, that website screams we are neither smart nor good nor honest.  plural of anecdote is not data, but my god that is a lot of anecdotal evidence.

I don't know, but it was certainly one of the reasons I stopped lurking after I rediscovered it after the move from TOS. Even though there were/are still pissing matches on Surly, most of the discussion is substantive and informative (in the CR/DT) threads and I prefer that to countless posts in their forum about the exact same thing (some news headline) that really boil down to ego gratification and stroking to assuage insecurities. The defensive mechanisms (on TxAgs threads by their posters) are tiresome and boring. I've met plenty of Aggies  who are smart capable people who do not share the views of those expressed on that message board. I think it is important to not seal myself too much in a bubble and kid myself that people who would wish me dead for my beliefs aren't walking around my town, the state, and the nation. I'm not going to validate their ideas, but I am sure going to learn about them.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
correction

I look forward to the day when those tweets don't carry the power of the office of the President behind them. I will enjoy that Republicans made their bed lying down willingly with Trump to hold onto their power and will now have to deal with him and his rat faced children for another 20-30 years. 

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I look forward to the day when those tweets don't carry the power of the office of the President behind them. I will enjoy that Republicans made their bed lying down willingly with Trump to hold onto their power and will now have to deal with him and his rat faced children for another 20-30 years. 

RIght. Because Republicans are always stuck apologizing for their mistakes, owning their actions and rarely act hypocritically because of optics, decorum and their strong moral compass.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, softlynow said:

RIght. Because Republicans are always stuck apologizing for their mistakes, owning their actions and rarely act hypocritically because of optics, decorum and their strong moral compass.

Ha. I'm meaning they'll have to deal with Twitter rants, promises to primary them, Fox/OAN/Trump TV segments on them, etc. 

9 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Ha. I'm meaning they'll have to deal with Twitter rants, promises to primary them, Fox/OAN/Trump TV segments on them, etc. 

Yeah, that'll be a thing, though maybe not on Fox. They'll move right on to whatever helps the GOP at that time. OANN will ride that grift for all it's worth.

Whatever the new mainstream GOP looks like, they'll have to deal with these guys in a way they couldn't with Birchers and the open racists in the '70s through '90s. But Pubs have talking out both sides of their mouths down cold, so I expect it'll be done quite shamelessly.

20 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Hopefully his rat faced children aren't occupying the White House for the next 20-30 years. Of course, if they are, I'll be long dead. 

15 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

". . . he starts signing them like they're, uh, butter."

WTF?

Glad I didn’t mishear that. 
i use a margarine pen myself when it comes to legal documents but to each his own.  Cue the meme of Trump at the Resolution Desk Signing giant blocks of butter into law.  

I need to start working “like butter” into my speeches from now on.  Just to see the confused faces of my listeners. 

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Spot on.

Bonding indeed.

Thanks for that. Odd to pos rep the post, but even I am surprised by the homogeneity of the cult over there. For studies in adolescent yokel bonding in grotesquely insecure males, Texags is the place to go. There's enough to be found anywhere, depressingly, but at least some places don't openly, unselfconciously celebrate it as though all agree.

Really depressing.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Hopefully his rat faced children aren't occupying the White House for the next 20-30 years. Of course, if they are, I'll be long dead. 

The only two I worry about are Ivanka and Junior. Ivanka because she's smooth enough to sneak her way in by saying the right things. Junior because he's an even dumber, more crass version of his father. He'll do well with the moron set who love the red meat he and his father throw out. Yet I hold out hope that a repudiation of them in the fall will stem the tide and break them off from the GOP. The repercussions will be felt for a while but once Trump is broken away, the party can try to reset itself by saying we gave you a shot and you were a one-termer and lost us the House and possibly Senate. 

20 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

even if you’re a trump supporter, his noticeable decline from ~4 years ago is fucking startling. 

honestly if he had the same mental capacity as 4 years ago I don't think we'd be in this predicament that we are in. It's very obvious that there is nefarious forces at play that are not just trump himself and he's being taken advantage of just like people take advantage of older people with cognitive decline in their later years.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

honestly if he had the same mental capacity as 4 years ago I don't think we'd be in this predicament that we are in. It's very obvious that there is nefarious forces at play that are not just trump himself and he's being taken advantage of just like people take advantage of older people with cognitive decline in their later years.

Yup. Just a perfect storm of narcissism, ignorance, and a declining intellect. And corruption. Always the corruption.