Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

even if you’re a trump supporter, his noticeable decline from ~4 years ago is fucking startling. 

Just commented that to my husband. He still looks like an overweight piece of shit then, but he has declined even further both mentally and physically. Just listening to him speak then, he speaks faster and is more coherentish (sign them like butter?) Listening to him now really makes him sound like something just ain’t right. 

11 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Just commented that to my husband. He still looks like an overweight piece of shit then, but he has declined even further both mentally and physically. Just listening to him speak then, he speaks faster and is more coherentish (sign them like butter?) Listening to him now really makes him sound like something just ain’t right. 

He was talking the same, still spewing the same bullshit. But yeah, he has aged between then and now. And he might be taking more drugs. 

6 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I'm inclined to believe the speculation that he suffered a mini-stroke back in November or whenever that Phase One of his physical occurred.

mini-stroke is one of the dumbest phrases adopted by the general population.

Maybe He wants us to use TIA?

Trump’s Incompetent Administration?

but yeah seriously, a lot of Speech_Language Pathologists I know who are Trump leaners think he had one (or more) 1-2 years ago, a TIA...not a stroke 

So Trump is considering giving his acceptance speech at Gettysburg?  The site which marked the beginning of the end for most of the things his supporters believe in.  Not to mention the largest three day loss of life on US soil until his handling of the coronavirus. 

That’s a bold strategy cotton let’s see if it pays off

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Maybe He wants us to use TIA?

Trump’s Incompetent Administration?

but yeah seriously, a lot of Speech_Language Pathologists I know who are Trump leaners think he had one (or more) 1-2 years ago, a TIA...not a stroke 

Ok, I'm not very informed in that regard.

18 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

So it's got to be a near-lock that if he gave it at Gettysburg that he'd do it in front of Lee's statue. No way in hell he gives it anywhere on the side of the battlefield that represented the army that won the battle and the war. There are way too many monuments on that side dedicated to separate battalions and divisions that represented New York in that momentous and history-changing battle for him to even consider stepping foot over there.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

"Trump may be suffering a slight case of cognitive decline, but have you seen Joe Biden speak?  The man has severe dementia!"

-- my Aunt Nancy

You you my wife?  Because she has an Aunt Nancy who says almost exactly the same shit on (surprise, surprise) Facebook.

28 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Why do you think it's a dumb phrase? Is there a more appropriate one? I'm not knowledgeable about strokes in general, cancer is what kills my family.

Transient Ischemic Attack - the name is very appropriate and gives you the exact mechanism. Mini-stroke suggests you have ischemic damage, you don't.

It's a term overused by ER and Family docs in situations they cannot explain when the MRI is without any abnormal findings.

38 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I'm inclined to believe the speculation that he suffered a mini-stroke back in November or whenever that Phase One of his physical occurred.

I still think it’s the drugs.  You have a speed habit, like he obviously does, your processing loses it’s fluidity.  Your brain starts working in jumpy sparks and disconnected thoughts.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Transient Ischemic Attack - the name is very appropriate and gives you the exact mechanism. Mini-stroke suggests you have ischemic damage, you don't.

It's a term overused by ER and Family docs in situations they cannot explain when the MRI is without any abnormal findings.

Thanks to you and others for the explanation, esp about the mechanism. I learned something today and that's a good start to the week.

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Mini-stroke talk not going away.

d307db4b3aca95dd682d1b58e63de996.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

legislatures around the country should rush out a bill that says "if you do this minimum level of social distancing and whatnot with your football, you're free of liability from sicknesses from it."  i don't really think that football (without fans) will result in more COVID19, but the liability issue is just off the charts, so no one can chose to do it.

6 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

legislatures around the country should rush out a bill that says "if you do this minimum level of social distancing and whatnot with your football, you're free of liability from sicknesses from it."  i don't really think that football (without fans) will result in more COVID19, but the liability issue is just off the charts, so no one can chose to do it.

Why do you think that's a good idea? Why should universities be free of liability when information is available and coming out regarding long-term heart complications, etc. from the disease? 

Genuinely curious why you think it's a good idea that universities, administrators, coaches, and others should be allowed to make money with zero risk. Is it just so we can watch football games?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Huckleberry said:

Why do you think that's a good idea? Why should universities be free of liability when information is available and coming out regarding long-term heart complications, etc. from the disease? 

Genuinely curious why you think it's a good idea that universities, administrators, coaches, and others should be allowed to make money with zero risk. Is it just so we can watch football games?

because the marginal risk to a football player seems very low to me, or maybe even better if they play football.  I don't think the off field social distancing by the average player would be better than a lockerroom that is sanitized all the time by the sorts of staff D1 programs are able to roll out.  

but the lawsuit risk is way too high because invariably some would get sick. in short (and in morbid terms): there are going to be deaths this fall of some D1 players.  I'm not all that sure that there will be more while playing football. there might be less.

4 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

but the lawsuit risk is way too high because invariably some would get sick. in short (and in morbid terms): there are going to be deaths this fall of some D1 players.  I'm not all that sure that there will be more while playing football. there might be less.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1