Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

42 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Wait aside from WWII, did he bunker bitch again?  

Yes he did.  Here's how he reacted when a reporter asked him about signing the Veterans Choice thing that he's always bragging about.  The cheers from the other reporters are spontaneous and real:

• Hook 'Em 1

Yes he did.  Here's how he reacted when a reporter asked him about signing the Veterans Choice thing that he's always bragging about.  The cheers from the other reporters are spontaneous and real:

Those weren’t reporters cheering

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

To manage the multiple layers of idiocy in one sentence, goddamn.  He would have been wrong if he'd said the pandemic ended WWI.  But he managed to make it a club sandwich of shit sandwiches by getting the wrong war.

He's SO.  FUCKING.  STUPID.  Jesus.  If a client came to me and showed me 10 minutes of clips of this guy and said "he's part of our management team, what should we do about him?"....I'd actually hesitate.  I mean, the first thing would be "why are you asking me, you know what you want to do?"  Then the second thing would be "do you have some sort of ADA or age-discrimination concerns?  Because an exec still has to be able to function, and that guy clearly can't tell up from down."  He would be fired immediately from any organization with a modicum of management skill.  Because....he's SO.  FUCKING.   STUPID.

I really thought it was a joke.  I can't believe he said that.

2 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

lol

British reporter: "If 160,000 people had died during Obamas presidency do you think you would have called for his resignation"

Trump: "No, no I wouldn't we've done a great job"

Everybody talks about the 165,000 who have died. Nobody ever mentions the 330 million who are still living.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

New on cnn.com:

"Citing coronavirus, Trump administration weighs more restrictions on the US-Mexico border that could include citizens"

Because this virus that is just the flu requires swift and decisive action...  Against our brown neighbors only...

I swear, if this guy is re-elected we'll be a full-blown fascist state by St Patrick's Day.

Edited by TexArcher

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Remember when "covfefe" was hilarious?

I think I've figured "covfefe" out. The word sprang from the Dotard's subconscious mind after he had Dickensian glimpse of the future. It's short for "Covid. Fuck everything. Fuck everybody. "

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Horndog said:

I think I've figured "covfefe" out. The word sprang from the Dotard's subconscious mind after he had Dickensian glimpse of the future. It's short for "Covid. Fuck everything. Fuck everybody. "

But it's not an abbreviation.  He actually tried to type that entire sentence and "covfefe" is what came out.

does he realize that what he says would be a lot more believable if he spared the exaggeration, just you know, on occasion to mix it up?  if i was talking to someone about texas football, i feel like it would hurt the argument.
"how are the horns looking this year?"
"i think they're gonna be pretty good, they'll be tough."
"all right, sounds good."
"they're going to be, some are saying, the best they've ever been."
"really?"
"a lot of people, they're going to be, nobody ever thought possible, they'll be better than they've ever been, or anyone has ever been, nobody thought a football team could be this good, nobody thought it was possible, for any sports team, you know that, back a few months ago, when people were talking about sports teams, you know, this is going to be way beyond what anyone ever thought was possible, in organized sports, for a team to be this powerful and successful, so much beyond anyone's expectations."
tenor.gif?itemid=4947557

Yeah, but that shit is true.
  • Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

It was a type-o that accidentally got sent. I don’t think there’s more to it than that. 

A typo is when I say Trump is a ravist instead of a racist or a tapist instead of a rapist.

Covfefe isn't a typo unless maybe he was trying to phonetically spell his Russian safeword and he was on enough painkillers to think he was texting Daddy Vladdy instead of tweeting.

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Sounds believable but he doesn't cite a source.

It was in their financial disclosures (wapo story citing the disclosures)

DeJoy and his wife, Aldona Wos, the ambassador-nominee to Canada, have between $30.1 million and $75.3 million in assets in USPS competitors or contractors, according to Wos’s financial disclosure paperwork filed with the Office of Government Ethics. Postal Service mail processing contractor XPO Logistics — which acquired DeJoy’s company New Breed Logistics in 2014 — represents the vast majority of those holdings. Their combined stake in competitors UPS and trucking company J.B. Hunt is roughly $265,000.

Postal Service spokeswoman Kim Frum wrote in an email, before Schumer’s letter was sent, that the postmaster general is required to divest only from assets that present a conflict of interest so central to the agency’s operations that the postmaster general cannot recuse himself.

So he/they only technically holds a tiny piece of competitors, just ignore the hundred million in financial interest and potential self-dealing in the contracting selection for USPS

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Captainant said:

It was in their financial disclosures (wapo story citing the disclosures)

So he/they only technically holds a tiny piece of competitors, just ignore the hundred million in financial interest and potential self-dealing in the contracting selection for USPS

Mnuchin has sought to leverage a $10 billion emergency loan to extract concessions from the Postal Service’s governing board, including the ability to approve the hiring of Brennan’s successor, according to several people familiar with negotiations. Board of governors vice chairman David Williams resigned over Mnuchin’s interference, frustrated that board members had capitulated to Treasury’s loan conditions, according to four people familiar with Williams’s thinking who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they’re not permitted to discuss ongoing negotiations.

Mnuchin needs to swing too. That doesn't get said often enough. He hides his corruption better than Barr but he's a willing co-conspirator in the overthrow of American democracy. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just imagine if that tan suit wearing, golf playing, divisive person would’ve done ANYTHING remotely close to dismantling the USPS in a year that’s CRUCIAL for mail in ballots.

Holy hell, this is what suppression really looks like folks. Buckle up.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Mnuchin needs to swing too. That doesn't get said often enough. He hides his corruption better than Barr but he's a willing co-conspirator in the overthrow of American democracy. 

We're going to need some JoJo Rabbit mass gallows when this is all said and done

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Not to go full Qanon, but I'm starting to think tweets like this a messages to either buy or sell certain stocks so he and his family can capitalize on something that he had inside info on. They come at odd times. 

I'd like to see a list of everyone who made large purchases of Kodak stock in the days prior to the big loan announcement. I'd be shocked if some large purchases don't lead to people named Trump and Kushner. 

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I'd like to see a list of everyone who made large purchases of Kodak stock in the days prior to the big loan announcement. I'd be shocked if some large purchases don't lead to people named Trump and Kushner. 

And sold it before it was put on hold. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, smuggs said:

Big Audio Dynamite!

Rush for a change of atmosphere.  

csb/ In 2008, I smoked and drank with Mick Jones and Rob Spragg (lead singer of the Alabama 3) in Austin.  

also, any news about that shooting yesterday near the White HOuse?  

And Trump should watch it with the insults at John Brennan.  That's one guy from the Old State I would not fuck with.  Guy based his whole intelligence career on the Bob Blair characater from "Dreamscape" 

Edited by Lobo

Rush for a change of atmosphere.  
csb/ In 2008, I smoked and drank with Mick Jones and Rob Spragg (lead singer of the Alabama 3) in Austin.  
also, any news about that shooting yesterday near the White HOuse?  
And Trump should watch it with the insults at John Brennan.  That's one guy from the Old State I would not fuck with.  

Is there even confirmation that there was a shooting? I mean other than trump announcing in word salad that there was a shooting, which means it’s not true.

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

"So while what Bolton said was categorically false, let me go ahead and tell you that everyone in our intelligence agencies is shitbirds and I have a really, really strong relationship with Putin."

The only person not completely trashed in that tweet was Putin. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Is there even confirmation that there was a shooting? I mean other than trump announcing in word salad that there was a shooting, which means it’s not true.

Last I heard the SS wasn't reporting whether the suspect had a weapon nor whether the officer was injured. 

24 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

There was a massive NYT article from this weekend going through the history of dotard systematically destroying the intelligence community.  We've read it all on this board in piece-meal over the past 4 years, but it's kind of dumbfounding to have it all spelled out in one article.

If you are so inclined:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/08/magazine/us-russia-intelligence.html

• Hook 'Em 2