Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

51 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

There was a massive NYT article from this weekend going through the history of dotard systematically destroying the intelligence community.  We've read it all on this board in piece-meal over the past 4 years, but it's kind of dumbfounding to have it all spelled out in one article.

If you are so inclined:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/08/magazine/us-russia-intelligence.html

Fuck the CIA.  Trump should abolish the whole fucking agency on his way out the door.

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

You can always tell the really smart and successful people because they tell you about it all the time.

For the last 6+ years, I've had the honor of getting to do the final interviews for UT's Forty Acres Scholars.  This is the absolute top of the top in terms of candidates.  They get a full-ride with so many extra perks.  It's a nearly $125k package.  If I interview 8 each year, that's ~50 or so overall.  Of that, I've probably sat across from at least a dozen, maybe 20 students with perfect SAT scores.  Perfect scores.  Nevermind the GPA and all the activities/leadership, but perfect scores.  And we spend 20-30 minutes with each student, plus dinner the night before with more informal conversations.  And in all that time, not a single one of them has ever brought up their perfect SAT score (nevermind all the ones with a 1560 that don't bring it up).  None of them.  Not a one.  They are interviewing for the most game-changing thing that could ever happen to them or their families.  And they could casually drop their perfect SAT score, but they don't.  Never.  Not once.  They just assume, as most adults should, that their record speaks for itself.  They would rather focus on that they can do for UT going forward as opposed to what they've already achieved.  They know they're sitting across from me because of what they've already done.  They know intuitively,, even at 17, that I'll give them the scholarship if they can convince me that their plan for the future is going to benefit UT and society-at-large.  I can't imagine walking into a room and realizing that my 1600 SAT score (mine was markedly below that ;) ) was the least impressive thing about me.  

And now I live in a country where a guy remembered, "Person Man Woman TV Camera" and he cannot, for the life of him, shut the fuck about it in any context.  His supporters should be happy there's no significant diplomatic travel right now because if we had a state dinner right now...this fucking guy would spend every waking minute learning how to say "Person Man Woman TV Camera" in whatever language the visiting PM spoke.  It's impossible we got this stupid, this fast, as a nation. 

New on cnn.com:
"Citing coronavirus, Trump administration weighs more restrictions on the US-Mexico border that could include citizens"
Because this virus that is just the flu requires swift and decisive action...  Against our brown neighbors only...
I swear, if this guy is re-elected we'll be a full-blown fascist state by St Patrick's Day.

In Trump’s defense, Canada probably already has that shit covered.

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

They know intuitively,, even at 17, that I'll give them the scholarship if they can convince me that their plan for the future is going to benefit UT and society-at-large.  I can't imagine walking into a room and realizing that my 1600 SAT score (mine was markedly below that ;) ) was the least impressive thing about me.  

I really don't read Surly and remember posters as particular individuals unless I can recall them back from hornfans, but is it common knowledge that Lobo is the king of the humble-brag?

I think I've read on here that you feel you're both a persecuted minority (maybe more your Mom?) and can pick up the phone and get Abbott on the line?

• Hook 'Em 1

How in the world was that a humble-brag?  It's not my money, I get to give it away to kids that don't brag about their SAT scores.  Do you understand how scholarship or grant committees work?  The funders get dedicated stakeholders to vet candidates for them.  Hundreds of billions of dollars in government/education/non-profit/private enterprise work like that.  How in the world could you not know that?  I don't know a single adult that doesn't understand that concept, except you I guess.    It was a completely appropriate example that tied in both UT and how ridiculous Donald Trump is for not shutting up about his cognitive testing a few weeks back.  

That's your takeaway from that story?  My takeaway is that I've never thought about you at all.  But way to miss the point man.  Well done.  Did not see that coming, I'll give you points for originality I guess.  

Edited by Lobo

I am a big fan of the culo.  I am no longer cool though.  

I was just dumbfounded, I've made some shitty humblebrags on this site before.   but I drew a connection between smart kids not bragging about their perfect SAT scores and Trump not shutting up about his 5 words from rote.  And suddenly, I'm making a humble brag?  I mean, I've seen some strange attempts on this website, but that one genuinely surprised me.  I can't even conceive of a way in which anything I said was a humble-brag.  And I don't think that poster is a Trump fan either.  That's the kinda shit I expect from Rex Kramer.  I mean, maybe being on the interview committee was kind of a stretch to bag on Trump, but I figured it at least connected UT in someway and despite no sports right now...we're still sort of a Longhorn site by nature.  And I am just dumbfounded by how Trump still works that cognitive Test into every conversation.  

Trump's five word recall test is becoming the next white people thing to do at cocktail parties.

Person Man Woman Camera TV

Crossfit Vegan Highland Park Yeti.  

Edited by Lobo

17 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Here’s when he left. 

Update to this from some actual journalism by USA Today

WASHINGTON – An internal investigation has been launched into the shooting of a 51-year-old suspect by a Secret Service officer near the White House complex late Monday, which prompted agents to briefly remove President Donald Trump from a press briefing.

Shortly before 6 p.m., according to an agency statement, the man allegedly approached a Secret Service uniformed officer standing post about a block from the White House grounds, telling the officer that he had a weapon.

"The suspect then turned around, ran aggressively towards the officer, and in a drawing motion, withdrew an object from his clothing," the agency said. "He then crouched into a shooter’s stance as if about to fire a weapon. The Secret Service officer discharged his weapon, striking the individual in the torso. "

No firearm was found on the suspect, said a law enforcement official who is not authorized to comment publicly.

Very curious to learn more about this case as their original stated reasoning for the shoot have turned out to be false.

18 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I am a big fan of the culo.  I am no longer cool though.  

I was just dumbfounded, I've made some shitty humblebrags on this site before.   but I drew a connection between smart kids not bragging about their perfect SAT scores and Trump not shutting up about his 5 words from rote.  And suddenly, I'm making a humble brag?  I mean, I've seen some strange attempts on this website, but that one genuinely surprised me.  I can't even conceive of a way in which anything I said was a humble-brag.  And I don't think that poster is a Trump fan either.  That's the kinda shit I expect from Rex Kramer.  I mean, maybe being on the interview committee was kind of a stretch to bag on Trump, but I figured it at least connected UT in someway and despite no sports right now...we're still sort of a Longhorn site by nature.  And I am just dumbfounded by how Trump still works that cognitive Test into every conversation.  

Trump's five word recall test is becoming the next white people thing to do at cocktail parties.

Person Man Woman Camera TV

Crossfit Vegan Highland Park Yeti.  

It was everything you have described it as, but it was also a humblebrag.

Since when are humblebrags not cool and excellent and rad, though? 

Don't let smaller people without much to humblebrag about dim your shine, lobostar!

I volunteer on a Scholarship committee is a humble brag?   What the fuck is going on with some you lately?  It’s a nerd-brag if it’s anything.  

Jesus fucking christ, one poster tweaks you just a little bit and you go on full blown fucking tilt. Your ability and willingness to come completely unhinged is showing, and I don't think anyone here is really interested in playing voyeur on this particular piece of performance art. Again. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

I really don't read Surly and remember posters as particular individuals unless I can recall them back from hornfans, but is it common knowledge that Lobo is the king of the humble-brag?
I think I've read on here that you feel you're both a persecuted minority (maybe more your Mom?) and can pick up the phone and get Abbott on the line?
There's nothing humble about it.
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

President Camacho : Now I understand everyone's shit's emotional right now. But I've got a 3 point plan that's going to fix EVERYTHING.

Congressman #1 : Break it down, Camacho!

President Camacho : Number 1: We've got this guy Not Sure. Number 2: He's got a higher IQ than ANY MAN ALIVE. and Number 3: He's going to fix EVERYTHING.... right after the election

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

He had a fair point on China and the WTO but he lost me at “raised over $400B  extra for NATO.”   Isn’t $130 to $400, a $270B increase or is the larger of two numbers now just automatically the new delta?  

2 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

“also, Trump is really smart, and let’s face it, he’s doing a great job.”

- @Johnny·Sack and all Republicans 

“I didn’t vote for trump I’m 2016. But after watching the job he’s done so far, I will definitely be voting for him in 2020 and beyond.” - Johnny Sack 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

He’s in the grocery store business?   Like for real, not pretend surly where I’m still up for promotion to associate Vice President at the bank?  
he doesn’t seem like a guy that grew up in that kinda blue collar industry.  I dunno, nobody really knows anything about anyone on here.  

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

He’s in the grocery store business?   Like for real, not pretend surly where I’m still up for promotion to associate Vice President at the bank?  
he doesn’t seem like a guy that grew up in that kinda blue collar industry.  I dunno, nobody really knows anything about anyone on here.  

Hell if I know. The board seems to think so. And he’s not in the blue collar aspect of it if it is in fact true. More like I own shit (or my Dad does) and I do what I want aspect of the business. 

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

He's the Senior Associate in Sacking. Username fits.

• Haha 1

No I didn’t think he did menial labor, just that rich kids I know that grew up around tradesman or blue collar workers tend to be more down to earth.  Yeah they have money but they grew up around laborers or drivers, and probably did those jobs themselves each summer.  So they have more compassion and respect for the types of people on whose backs empires are built. 

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

No I didn’t think he did menial labor, just that rich kids I know that grew up around tradesman or blue collar workers tend to be more down to earth.  Yeah they have money but they grew up around laborers or drivers, and probably did those jobs themselves each summer.  So they have more compassion and respect for the types of people on whose backs empires are built. 

Well then you obviously didn’t grow up with the sack. He loves him some trump, is a slumlord, and thinks poor people are lazy and just made bad choices. 

Oh and he pays good money to watch rats fuck. He’s a FDA certified grade A POS. 

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Lobo, I think the confusion is because typically it would be implicit that serving on a UT committee to award a prestigious scholarship is a very exclusive honor that is only bestowed on very successful and connected individuals.  A high status symbol, if you will.

The disconnect, clearly, is that LCHorn by his own admission doesn’t keep track of posting histories, and therefore, it’s not clear to him like it is to the rest of us that the committee can’t be such a big deal since you’re on it.

Precisely, how could I be on it?   I didn’t even go to UT for four years.  I just like fucking with Rex Kramer.  But for realz—-Next time you’re at an Exes happy hour (well, shit that’s a big assumption given the pandemic), ask to serve on the scholarship committee.   And work your way up.  I thought a guy with “horn” in his handle on a website named for the Horns would know that.  
I thought the comparison between smart and humble kids to Trump’s narcissism was a solid take.  Sorry for thread derail 

Trump.  Cognitive.  Words.  Tremendous. Death.  

Edited by Lobo

I have a buddy who is one of the smartest people I know who is using the same argument.  I'm trying to flesh out why he thinks this, other than that he wants to watch football.
There isn't another reason. If honestly respect someone for for just saying that. Bartles comes the closest in the football board but doesn't quite go there.

6 minutes ago, gmr548 said:
On 8/10/2020 at 2:27 PM, Biff Tannen said:
I have a buddy who is one of the smartest people I know who is using the same argument.  I'm trying to flesh out why he thinks this, other than that he wants to watch football.

There isn't another reason. If honestly respect someone for for just saying that. Bartles comes the closest in the football board but doesn't quite go there.

He said he "thinks they will be safer within the confines of the team system than left to their own devices. If they want to play, have them sign a waiver and let them play.  Why should we dictate what level of risk is acceptable to them?  And why covid and not any other health risk/virus?"

I don't agree.

Edited by Biff Tannen
Yes, Cuban B!

Yeah, the guy who scrapped the Iran deal that was very good for Iran is who they want in power.  That makes total sense if you're as stupid as Trump is, which is what he's banking on every time he opens his mouth.  And unfortunately that's true for about 40% of this country.