Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

A lot of this.  Our only hope is that we can BEGIN a coherent federal-level response on January 20, 2021.  We will either do nothing, or shoot ourselves in the dick and go backwards, between now and then.

And again, it's just a hope.  If Trump wins, then our entire COVID strategy will remain "pretend it doesn't exist and hope enough people buy into that delusion."

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Lol. Covid is almost completely irrelevant to ANYTHING at this point other than the election. No plans are going to change. No lives will be saved with a new tactic. No resources or changes can be implemented. And the vaccines in development will chug along independently anything the government can do. 

The best thing that can be done would be for them to resign, say that, and send a shockwave through the United States. Sure 40% won't care, but 60% will fucking care a lot. And "he wouldn't take my advice and I had no ability to work to save American lives, so I resigned. It's the greatest disappointment of me career and life." And then he can hit the talk show circuit and campaign. I realize politicizing this even further is tasteless, but fuck Trump he has no problem doing it and at least my suggestion serves a greater, much greater good. 

I disagree. The best thing that can be done is for Donald Trump to take @Brisketexan's suggestion and literally shoot himself in the dick. 

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I disagree. The best thing that can be done is for Donald Trump to take @Brisketexan's suggestion and literally shoot himself in the dick. 

Clearly I was referring to the best things Fauci and Brix could do, not what Trump could do. Which, by the way, you got that one wrong too. It would be to shoot himself through the temple. Not the dick, which isn't fatal. And not the face, where he would be more likely to make a mistake and survive. 

39 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Fauci/Birx effectively hamstrung. Some Hoover Institute/Fox News meathead debuts tonight. 

Yea this guy said that the mortality rate in NYC for COVID-19 was the same as Influenza a couple of months ago. I took the death numbers at the time and I think I assumed 60% infected and did the math and one would need lots more people in NYC than live there to make his statement true. These guys are just there to say what the target audience wants to hear and Trump hires them to say those things to the nation which have already rolled their eyes to the dumb ass in the past.

Edited by DanTheHorn

A buncha Q tips or whatever they're called just got elected to represent people in this country. I don't find it astonishing at all to think there are plenty of folks who might believe an economist or the daughter of a man with six bankruptcies, or Diamond and Silk when they are discussing how to appropriately respond to a pandemic of an infectious disease.

I'm surprised an essential oil spokesmodel hasn't been present at one of the briefings, tbh.

57 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
On 8/11/2020 at 7:39 AM, Biff Tannen said:
You can always tell the really smart and successful people because they tell you about it all the time.

I learned in construction long ago that people that brag on their skills always suck shit.

Another construction truth:  The person that tells you that it isn't their first rodeo is participating in their first rodeo.

it's all about the judiciary for the "hold your nose" Trump supporters.

today, among other nominees, Trump nominated a 33 year old Jones Day associate to the Middle District of Florida district court.  she went to Covenant College ("In All Things Christ Preeminent") and clerked for Justice Clarence Thomas.  i'm sure she'll be confirmed.  i expect more of these to be rammed through as Trump's reelection chances look bleaker.

https://www.jonesday.com/en/lawyers/m/mizelle-kathryn?tab=overview

https://www.lcsonline.org/about-lcs/my-lcs-story/kathryn-kimball-mizelle/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Lol. Covid is almost completely irrelevant to ANYTHING at this point other than the election. No plans are going to change. No lives will be saved with a new tactic. No resources or changes can be implemented. And the vaccines in development will chug along independently anything the government can do. 

The best thing that can be done would be for them to resign, say that, and send a shockwave through the United States. Sure 40% won't care, but 60% will fucking care a lot. And "he wouldn't take my advice and I had no ability to work to save American lives, so I resigned. It's the greatest disappointment of me career and life." And then he can hit the talk show circuit and campaign. I realize politicizing this even further is tasteless, but fuck Trump he has no problem doing it and at least my suggestion serves a greater, much greater good. 

Hmm... I remember Hugo clamoring for exactly that weeks ago. 

I love how he turns on his bootlickers after they do exactly what he wanted, but it backfires because he's a god damned moron.

I seriously don’t understand why they keep lining up to lick his boots. He turns on literally everyone the minute it suits him. Sessions was one of his earliest supporters and Trump literally ended his career and bragged about it the whole time. It’s mind blowing.
  • Hook 'Em 3

I looked up Atlas's profile. He's a motherfucking medical beaurocrat. Spends a lot of time talking about the cost of healthcare and the ECONOMY and shit like that. I'm sure everyone here will be surprised to learn he has no background in infectious diseases. 

At this point, I'd love to see Fauci and Birx just fucking resign. Just fucking resign. This train is barreling on regardless of what anyone does at this point. Biden said he'd "hire him back" or something already anyway, if Fauci cares to even come back to work at his age. Fuck. 

shocked it didn't happen earlier, but trump is done trotting out medical experts to give their opinions.  he's to the point now where he looks around, finds people who agree with everything he says, and then gets that person to come be part of his shitshow.

it's actually a pretty smart plan, which is probably why it took him 6 months to adopt it.

6 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

shocked it didn't happen earlier, but trump is done trotting out medical experts to give their opinions.  he's to the point now where he looks around, finds people who agree with everything he says, and then gets that person to come be part of his shitshow.

it's actually a pretty smart plan, which is probably why it took him 6 months to adopt it.

By next week the Corona Virus Task Force is going to be comprised of Dr. Phil, Dr. Oz and the devil sperm Dr. lady. 

• Hook 'Em 1

And then he can hit the talk show circuit and campaign. I realize politicizing this even further is tasteless, but fuck Trump he has no problem doing it and at least my suggestion serves a greater, much greater good. 

Would you say it is a far far better thing that he does, than he has ever done?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, miguelito said:

Would you say it is a far far better thing that he does, than he has ever done?

Well it would be!

I mean no it wouldn’t, dude’s served his country honorably his entire life, unlike my boy SC. But they’d both be going out with a bang. 

This idiot not only doesn't understand accounting, he thinks he knows more about accounting than anyone else.

Tell us, Donald, if elimination of the payroll tax just shifts that burden over to the "general fund", where does the money for that fund come from?

Edited by jimmyjazz

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

This idiot not only doesn't understand accounting, he thinks he knows more about accounting than anyone else.

Tell us, Donald, if elimination of the payroll tax just shifts that burden over to the "general fund", where does the money for that fund come from?

When it comes time to pay the social security and you don't have any money you just declare bankruptcy.  Easy peasy! 

Edited by Continental Op

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

DishonestFaintClumber-size_restricted.gi

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Haven’t seen this posted yet:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-intel-briefings-gone_n_5f32f2b9c5b6fc009a5e72e3

trump stopped taking any intelligence briefings. 

He probably ran out of crayons to take notes and said fuck it, Vlad will bring me up to speed the next time I'm blowing him to keep him from releasing the Russian oligarch money laundering evidence.

17 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Haven’t seen this posted yet:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-intel-briefings-gone_n_5f32f2b9c5b6fc009a5e72e3

trump stopped taking any intelligence briefings. 

Trump is by far the laziest most incompetent President the United States has ever seen. He doesn’t deserve the salary he claims he’s not taking. He owes the US for putting up with him and his family for 3 1/2 years. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, UTCzech III said:

I live in a small town (Taylor), I get mail every day.  Mostly junk, flyers, "we'll buy your house", insurance quotes, etc.  Tuesday is junk mail day, heb ads, coupons, etc.  This week, Monday and Tuesday - zip, nada, empty mailbox.  Finally got our junk mail today, a day late.  I'll be monitoring it for a while but does seem something might be up, we'll see if it's a glitch or not...

Not that Trump isn’t trying to fuck with the post office, but covid-19 is causing huge increases in mail volume and that may be disrupting things a bit.  Anything involved with shipping and fulfillment is doing orders of magnitude more business than normal spring and summer months.  I work for one of those types of companies and we’re over 3x volume for a normal holiday shipping season.