Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

2 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Yep, fire some small Department of State curator and run with the gold. Shit, might just take Fort Knox and Air Force 1 with him as well. 

Give Trump 4 more years plus a GOP House and Senate, and I guarantee that he would give an AF1 to every retired President starting with anyone elected after 2015, but only fund the law for one 747. The new one, not the old one that Obama gave to him.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Yeah, lots of things about Trumpism is baffling.  But it's usually binary.  He lies or he tells the truth.  People embrace the truth of who he is, or they are in denial about what kind of person he is.  It's not that ambiguous.  So it's strange to see the proliferation of all these conspiracy theories, particularly those last year or so, that surround he and his supporters.  

I don't agree, but I get it when his minions claim the Democrats are against him, or it's China's fault, or the Media is out to get him.  Because you can at least see anecdotal incidents of those things being somewhat true on occasion.  But they're so starved for more, that these insanely baseless theories come out of the woodwork and that's what is weird.  They don't need to exist.  The con is already setup.  The mindless Trumpers have already long since revealed themselves, and make themselves really easy to spot.  It's not like they need convincing to follow Trump over the ledge.  

9 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Fareer Zakaria had a 1-hr special about conspiracies and how Trump uses them for his advantage. Made me angry looking at all of the morons this country has produced. 

I listened to the opening while walking the dog.  That crap is scary when you hear that people actually believe this stuff.  Oh, and there are now millions of them out there that believe in Q and some are getting elected to congress.  Can’t wait until they are able to root out the satanic worshipers and pedos in the US governement/Hollywood.  Then the country will be great.  IDIOTS!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, lots of things about Trumpism is baffling.  But it's usually binary.  He lies or he tells the truth.  People embrace the truth of who he is, or they are in denial about what kind of person he is.  It's not that ambiguous.  So it's strange to see the proliferation of all these conspiracy theories, particularly those last year or so, that surround he and his supporters.  

I don't agree, but I get it when his minions claim the Democrats are against him, or it's China's fault, or the Media is out to get him.  Because you can at least see anecdotal incidents of those things being somewhat true on occasion.  But they're so starved for more, that these insanely baseless theories come out of the woodwork and that's what is weird.  They don't need to exist.  The con is already setup.  The mindless Trumpers have already long since revealed themselves, and make themselves really easy to spot.  It's not like they need convincing to follow Trump over the ledge.  

Yes, I can see that the media does have more stories that appear to be anti-Trump but is calling out his inaccurate statements equate to anti-Trump? And even if you want to give some allowance that anyone can inadvertently make a wrong statement at times, the WH and Trump refusal to ever issue a correction makes them liars.  Liars should be called as such by the media. That isn't bias, it's reporting a fact.

The other day Barr said an inaccurate statement on CNN. Perhaps he did it on purpose, or perhaps he made a mistake. regardless the DOJ issued a corrective statement later on. I'm willing to chalk it up that he made a mistake since he, actually his department, agreed he was wrong.

• Hook 'Em 2

Anecdotal MAGA update. Family and I rented a house on High Island for the weekend. I stopped by the local grocery store for bug spray early yesterday. Store was packed. There was a giant printed message at the entrance, saying masks were mandated by Governor abbot. I’d say less than 30% mask coverage, and my theory is the only ones who did wear masks were out of towners like myself. Got plenty of dirty looks.

lots of mules and golf carts with trump flags going up and down the beach all day. Deep red here in Galveston county. 

we did see one hero with a huge Biden 2020 flag on his homes flagpole and a BLM flag beneath it. Was surprised his house wasn’t firebombed. His neighbor  and his insecurity had like 15 Trump flags on his flagpole to make up for his neighbor, I guess. It’s like Tiny Penis Psychology 101 down here. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, elfenix said:
1 hour ago, Left Coast said:
Tweeting at 3:29am? Someone got into the Adderall stash again! Or maybe Jr’s stash...

Time zones, how do they work

Doh. Still it would explain his tweets much better if they were 3:30am meth/adderall fueled rage tweets.

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

This Big Ten football issue perfectly encapsulates Trump's presidency. 

He tweets as though he's actively involved in working this issue ("looking good"), but he's doing nothing at all other than watching for developments on TV and tweeting about it. Oh there was the one token phone call that was set up by one of his media shitbirds. But he's not actively working this, nor should he be, because he's the fucking president. 

However, there is attention and political capital to be gained. So if Big 10 Football returns ahead of schedule, he is set up to claim full credit and exaggerate or completely lie about his involvement. And if it stalls, he has to accept zero blame and can fire pot shots at everyone from Twitter (WHY NOT DONE?, etc.)

Like his business career, he does absolutely nothing. He just burns up other people's capital and stamps his tacky gold plated name all over any and every thing that might be capable of making a buck. 

Edited by TornACL
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

This is theft. Plain and simple. Sure it might seem minor, but to me it is a big deal. A- These were paid for by the Department of State's art budget (yes they have one), B- this is part of representation at a major embassy, and C- They fucking belong to us, the tax payer. 

Trump fancied several of the pieces in the U.S. ambassador’s historic residence in Paris, where he was staying, and on a whim had them removed and loaded onto Air Force One, according to people familiar with the matter. The works -- a portrait, a bust, and a set of silver figurines -- were brought back to the White House.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-ended-2018-france-trip-having-art-loaded-on-air-force-one/ar-BB18L58T

They'll be at whatever pawn shop his lawyers use.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Ha. It wasn’t front row I don’t think, it was right off the main road. But maybe. I don’t know how the beach curves from the main road. It was like spitting distance from The Big Store. 

Their house is on the beach, but I can't think there are that many Bolivar Beachfront BLMers. 

For a guy who was gonna drain the swamp, swamping sure drained a lot of boats of his supporters.  

I realize that is not exactly Twainian punditry, but the shit is just writing itself in 2020.  We're just here to spell-check and prove we're not bots.  

12 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Trump is not only on a Charlie Kirk retweet spree, but he is once again attacking widows, those nasty grieving women who exercise their right to do as they please:

I sense a little fear that someone is concerned about what HIS wife will do after HE is gone.

What a brilliant observation.  $500,000 whole dollars? My guess is she found that money under the sofa cushions.

14 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

One might go so far as to say that it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing. 

After further review of Trump and Taft, that isn't what comes to mind; I was thinking of my older brother running around the house singing, "Weebles wobble but they don't fall down."

1 minute ago, Ted Lange said:

Oh

Well that looks comfortable. I suppose in order to own the libs, one has to make sacrifices.

I've read some about how folks are dealing with Trumpkin relatives, and I can relate, as I have a lot. I have been quiet overall with them. But I am starting to feel like I am taking the easy way out by not calling them out. 

I don't mind becoming a family pariah but I also don't want to inadvertently hinder getting that babydick out of office. I would like to hear successful strategies. 

More than anything I am working to make sure people vote. Everybody grab somebody. 

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

Yeah the wealthy trumpkins with the big boats drove around and wakesunk the white lake trash trumpkins with the smaller boats. Pretty fitting actually.

Pretty on the head.

I generally think that every one going out Travis any major holiday weekend is a dumb shit.  

• Hook 'Em 2