Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

2 minutes ago, softlynow said:

Correct. And the best time to actually reach the barely-informed voter is within 60 days of the election. Defeating Trump is the only way to save lives he’d otherwise destroy. I would expect more and more of these revelations because now is when they could really move the needle, whether that’s changing a few minds, or convincing a few to actually vote for a change. 

It's a stretched metaphor, and one I'm not thrilled to make, but remember when Harry Truman realized he'd save more lives, both American AND Japanese, if he dropped a couple of nukes on Japanese cities?

Edited by jimmyjazz
poor speeler

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's a stretched metaphor, and one I'm not thrilled to make, but remember when Harry Truman realized he's save more lives, both American AND Japanese, if he dropped a couple of nukes on Japanese cities?

I wasn’t around then, but I heard about it later. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Killing the messenger seems like a bad approach here.  Woodward is who he’s always been, it’s how he gets that kind of access. You can be mad at him for not being a whistleblower but also understand why he wasn’t. 

Yeah, I think it’s ridiculous to suggest he should have run out of there and handed the tapes over to the WaPo or whomever.  There had to be some conditions on the recordings.  At least that the info couldn’t be Released until the book was.  The issue here is the content of the tapes.  My god, what a immoral piece of shit our president is.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Yeah, I think it’s ridiculous to suggest he should have run out of there and handed the tapes over to the WaPo or whomever.  There had to be some conditions on the recordings.  At least that the info couldn’t be Released until the book was.  The issue here is the content of the tapes.  My god, what a immoral piece of shit our president is.

beyond that, it's utterly fucking stupefying that, knowing who and what woodward is, he would consent to sit down and be recorded saying these things.

Edited by hayden_horn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Aannnnd from a month ago:

https://www.axios.com/trump-tweets-bob-woodward-book-rage-fake-cfc1edef-54a7-4be7-b152-46f8ba5806fb.html

President Trump lashed out at journalist Bob Woodward's upcoming book "Rage," calling it "FAKE" in a pair of Friday tweets.

Why it matters: Trump participated extensively in Woodward's research for the book, sitting for 17 interviews at the White House, Mar-a-Lago and over the phone between December 2019 and late July 2020, CNN reported.

"Everybody does phony books on Donald Trump and Republicans, just like the Fake Dossier, which turned out to be a total fraud perpetrated by Crooked Hillary Clinton and the DNC," the president tweeted.

The book, a follow-up to Woodward's 2018 tome "Fear," is expected to have insider knowledge on Trump's recent thoughts and actions on national security, the coronavirus pandemic, the economy and the Black Lives Matter protests.

Woodward did hundreds of hours of interviews with first-hand witnesses in preparation, according to his publisher.

He also obtained notes, emails, diaries and calendars — as well as 25 previously unseen personal letters between Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

beyond that, it's utterly fucking stupefying that, knowing who and what woodward is, he would consent to sit down and be recorded saying these things.

Well, he does put the ID in idiot. It's who he is. There is no self control, nor thought process of shame or guilt.

i'm not quoting anyone, but this is in response to a few separate posts above ^^

-the blm discussion was from june, and i heard there was at least one sit-down after that, so he was still taking recordings up until possibly july.  i would assume his book deal stipulated waiting for the process to be completed.  of course, with any other president, this would be run-to-the-wapo type news, but nothing here is even surprising.  it's damning, but it's not surprising.  anything other than "trump admitted he was involved in synthesizing the virus himself" would wait for the book release.

-as for why would he sit down with woodward, the phrase the cnn guest used was, "he wanted to impress him."  again, not surprising.  what a fucking moron.

• Like 1

Cabo has Trump boat captain written all over him.  

how weird is it that of Trump is offered a change of venue request from state of New York in 2022, that he’d be wise to choose Nuremberg over Albany or Manhattan?   

That article (and book) is still eye opening. Russia actually had malware in voting machines that could delete votes?

-- Woodward reports new details on Russia's election meddling, writing that the NSA and CIA have classified evidence the Russians had placed malware in the election registration systems of at least two Florida counties, St. Lucie and Washington. While there was no evidence the malware had been activated, Woodward writes, it was sophisticated and could erase voters in specific districts. The voting system vendor used by Florida was also used in states across the country.
We almost nuked North Korea? Just make it stop. 

That story about Florida came out right after the election and of course because of the Trump shit show, it quickly got relegated to the back page of the news.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

Fuck Bob Woodward for sitting on this shit for months while 200,000 people died so he would have some juicy tidbits to boost book sales. The DC political media is so fucking broken.

In what world does his releasing the book earlier do anything to change Trump's behavior and keep people from dying?  

The fact that it's coming out now at least pounds home the message that Trump sucks closer to election day.

• Hook 'Em 2

55 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

woodward is a journalist who had access to trump.  dozens of journalists with access to trump were questioning him and exposing him as a fraud on the daily starting in early march.

it would be cool if someone like woodward had the juice to be like, "hey listen everyone, here's what's really going on" and then everything would change.  but wishing doesn't make it fucking so.

we should be grateful that trump was bone-headed enough to sit for 18 hours of interviews with woodward and that these tapes will be leaked starting today and leading up to the election so that the next four years aren't so fucking disastery.

I agree that he gets the access he does because of what he agrees to with the subject. I do recall early on them saying masks wouldn't be helpful, probably to keep down the hoarding so they could provision Healthcare workers properly. Had they been able to tell us to mask up earlier, there would be more people alive today. Hindsight makes one wince with regret  for what might have been. 

Edited by burntorangebongos

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump is going to have to resign over these tapes.

Now that may be the funniest thing I have read in a long time.  If we are going with "things that will never happen", I will add that Nick Saban will resign when they find a Alabama football player may have received money from a booster.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah.....no.

How many times do you need to hear this truth: "NOTHING MATTERS."  His cult, and the criminal enterprise backing him (the GOP) are all-in.  There is no course correction, no change.  None.  Ever.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

13 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

tenor.gif

Seriously. You think the folks who support Trump care? They're probably proud of him.

I assume we're talking about this? https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/09/us/politics/trump-generals-attacks.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Cabo has Trump boat captain written all over him.  

how weird is it that of Trump is offered a change of venue request from state of New York in 2022, that he’d be wise to choose Nuremberg over Albany or Manhattan?   

I'm really not.  In fact, I would love to have an alternative to Trump.  He annoys the shit out of me and talks too fucking much.  However, I don't consider Biden a viable alternative right now.   

• Fuck You 6

2 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Bob Woodward is an untrustworthy liar. 

So I'm supposed to believe you, and not my own lying ears? I mean seriously ... that's your defense? "The guy who made those recordings is a liar so obviously we can't believe what we hear Trump say?"

Just now, 4th&Five said:

Stranger Things Reaction GIF by SAG Awards

It's actually a really smart...or stupid....move.

Helps make this election all about the SCOTUS.  Of course, when he announces a bunch of MAGA ideologues as his potential nominees, he will motivate both some of his base.....and some of his opposition.  I don't see how it's anything but a "push" in terms of electoral advantage.  Trust me, most folks voting against Trump know that "preventing a shitty SCOTUS justice" is a big reason.

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Fuck Bob Woodward for sitting on this shit for months while 200,000 people died so he would have some juicy tidbits to boost book sales. The DC political media is so fucking broken.

Fuck Donald Trump and everyone else in his administration whose job it was to act responsibly on that information well before it reached Bob Woodward. Fuck the Senate Republicans who ran a sham impeachment trial instead of holding Trump accountable for his crimes and removing him from office so maybe, just maybe, we might have had a national strategy to deal with the virus. (Although with Mike Pence in charge that wouldn't have been a certainty.) 

Suppose Woodward wrote a column in the Post and went on CNN warning that Trump told him the virus was really dangerous and he was just playing it down. Would that have changed anything? Trump would've just declared it "Fake news!" and gone right on mismanaging our response. It wouldn't have mattered. Just like it's not going to matter now. We still don't have a national strategy and Trump is still sending mixed messages, setting bad examples, discouraging mask use, and pretending the problem is already behind us. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

I mean what really has Bob Woodward ever done of note? Oh, Two Pulitzer Prizes? Walter Cronkite Award you say? Watergate? Eighteen national bestsellers? The most highly respected investigative journalist ever?

Well, besides roads, water, the aquaducts, and education, what have the Romans ever done for us?

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Helps make this election all about the SCOTUS.  Of course, when he announces a bunch of MAGA ideologues as his potential nominees, he will motivate both some of his base.....and some of his opposition.  I don't see how it's anything but a "push" in terms of electoral advantage.  Trust me, most folks voting against Trump know that "preventing a shitty SCOTUS justice" is a big reason.

Trump's advisors are pulling a Jared from Silicon Valley and looking for ANY concept to which to pivot.

Or just Ross with the couch.

tenor.gif?itemid=16902898

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

I'm really not.  In fact, I would love to have an alternative to Trump.  He annoys the shit out of me and talks too fucking much.  However, I don't consider Biden a viable alternative right now.   

unbelievably dumb comment.  Not even worth wasting more than a few keystrokes on it.

Edited by Dbeasy

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

He’s trying to recreate 2016 when there was a vacant seat and his list mattered. Now he’s just reminding people that he’s sat 2 justices and still is losing major cases.