Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

22 minutes ago, Red Five said:

He's been lying about that Michigan man of the year thing for years. Has anyone ever actually asked him about it? 

He's just confused. He was once the Michelin Man of the Year. 

image.thumb.png.a2206806ef89f1a9ad719a94e6a14dd5.png

Edited by Horndog
  • Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

"On Bush, I guess they did three books — they were all terrible."

They were outstanding, everything in them holds up, and there's not a chance in hell that Trump read a word of any of them. There was actually a fourth in the "Bush at War" series but I didn't read that one. I gathered it was mostly material that didn't get used in the first three books and might have been more of a money grab than a presentation of critical new information. But those first three -- Bush at War, Plan of Attack, and State of Denial -- are rock solid. 

She would be 76 years old if she were still living, but I really do wonder if Molly Ivins would have the most delicious commentary about Trump. She was a joy to read at times. Woodward is a great reporter, but I was very fond of Ivins' take on politics.

14 minutes ago, Horndog said:

He's just confused. He was once the Michelin Man of the Year. 

image.thumb.png.a2206806ef89f1a9ad719a94e6a14dd5.png

It would be rather funny if someone would give Trump a Nobel facsimile that is not the medal, but a statuette of Alfred himself, in this position:

The History Blog » Blog Archive » The last will and ...Trump wouldn't know what to do with it. He couldn't pretend to drink out of it as in the gold cup in the email above. He probably couldn't even figure out that it is the Swedish man, himself.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yoladu said:

He doesn't watch the News, he watches opinion shows. They are not objective news shows, even Fox acknowledges this.

And he only watches opinion shows that have a high opinion of him.

How many Times did Obama mention Rachel Maddow or Lawrence O'Donnell? I would say close to none, if any. How many times did he call into Chris Haynes? Never.

i know Trump has referenced Sean Hannity on Twitter over 400 times since 2010

So, Trump just watches so he can get his “ego” stroked.  I would hate to be his mirror.

If the Republicans pull off stealing the election again, they better not go here with him or they will be swinging in the trees and I'll be supplying rope. Seriously, why the fuck do they want to pull the safety net away from those who use these funds to improve the quality of their lives?  I don't understand why we'd want to fuck people out of  the money that we've paid into this pot so they can have some help during their later years. 'Why is this a thing? Can we adjust/improve or even out the system? Sure but to eliminate it using fucking lies and slight of hand is bullshit.

13 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

If the Republicans pull off stealing the election again, they better not go here with him or they will be swinging in the trees and I'll be supplying rope. Seriously, why the fuck do they want to pull the safety net away from those who use these funds to improve the quality of their lives?  I don't understand why we'd want to fuck people out of  the money that we've paid into this pot so they can have some help during their later years. 'Why is this a thing? Can we adjust/improve or even out the system? Sure but to eliminate it using fucking lies and slight of hand is bullshit.

Well, first, I don't think the dipshit connected the payroll tax to what it actually funds.  He likes a payroll tax cut because it only works for working people, and because it's a TAX CUT!!!11!!111

Some conservative wonk types want to phase out SS and Medicare in favor of some other, nebulous, privatized solution.  But most pols, of either party, are scared to death to touch either one.  It's the third rail.

Trump isn't that policy-minded.  Like most things Trump, it's a poorly thought out idea.

Edited by TwiceHorn

17 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

I would not be surprised if this is the beginning of a fictional award that he is actually going to "win." Whether it's covering up the spelling mistake in true Trump administration fashion or to help rally the base (not that that effort needs help), I wouldn't be surprised at all. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

I would not be surprised if this is the beginning of a fictional award that he is actually going to "win." Whether it's covering up the spelling mistake in true Trump administration fashion or to help rally the base (not that that effort needs help), I wouldn't be surprised at all. 

Lulz god dammit

9 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, first, I don't think the dipshit connected the payroll tax to what it actually funds.  He likes a payroll tax cut because it only works for working people, and because it's a TAX CUT!!!11!!

Like most things Trump, it's a poorly thought out idea.

Like most things Trump, it's a lie at the most fundamental level. A payroll tax deferral where the bill comes due after the election =/ a tax "cut".

26 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I know this isn't going to be a huge story, and I know why it's not going to be a huge story, but at any time in our history prior to 2017 this would have been an enormous story. 

You know, just your run of the mill recording of the president admitting to covering for a foreign leader after he had a journalist working for an American news organization murdered.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tokamak said:

You know, just your run of the mill recording of the president admitting to covering for a foreign leader after he had a journalist working for an American news organization murdered.

I'd be shocked if Trump/Kushner didn't give MBS at least an implicit go ahead before he butchered Khashoggi. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Like most things Trump, it's a lie at the most fundamental level. A payroll tax deferral where the bill comes due after the election =/ a tax "cut".

Well, I'm sure it went down like this.

Trump:  I want to cut the payroll tax.  It's a tax cut, and it only helps working people, not those lousy shitheads without jobs.

Staff:  Mr. President, you don't have the authority to cut the payroll tax.

Trump:  Bullshit, fuck you, I can do whatever I want,  I'm teh president.

Staff:  Well, you might be able to order a deferral of collection of the payroll tax, we might could swing that.

Trump: Do it!

Staff:  Well, the problem is that it's only a deferral, it will come due at some point, and that's really going to hurt the taxpayer.

Trump:  As long as we can defer it until after the election, who gives a shit! Doooo itttttt.

• Hook 'Em 5