Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

30 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

That's what I saw as well. He's a bit of a mumbler in the best of times. That's why it stands out so when he pauses on the words he likes to accentuate like "Chi-na" or "Huuuusein."

@Pancho wow. That is alarming.

When I was a lot younger, the Baptist Church near my school held a record burning for all the rock albums. There was a lot of talk about Satan and Satanic rituals and blood. These folks that get caught up in this remind me of that. It's a glassy-eyed fervor that I just don't quite understand. It makes one wonder, what would happen if one staged an intervention? Took the young lady away from her computer/phone or wherever she is picking up this propaganda and forced a break in the routine. There does seem to be an addictive component to it.

First Baptist Church of Mabank had one of these when I was in about 7th grade.  One of my classmates started going on in the classroom about how Led Zeppelin had a song called "NATAS"  ("Satan" spelt backerds, get it?) and all the bad shit it said when you played it backwards.  I was like, "Man, I own ALL the Led Zep records and NONE of them have that shit.  You must have some cool ass bootleg shit.  Can you get me a copy?"  He didn't.  

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

First Baptist Church of Mabank had one of these when I was in about 7th grade.  One of my classmates started going on in the classroom about how Led Zeppelin had a song called "NATAS"  ("Satan" spelt backerds, get it?) and all the bad shit it said when you played it backwards.  I was like, "Man, I own ALL the Led Zep records and NONE of them have that shit.  You must have some cool ass bootleg shit.  Can you get me a copy?"  He didn't.  

I was in Mabank exactly once in my life and Good God it was memorable for all the wrong reasons. It was a high school basketball tournament they hosted some years ago. They lost to a team from DISD and it was either the sheriff or one of the deputies that would not let the teams shake hands after the game. He told the team from DISD to get out of the gym or else while Mabank's players were waiting to shake hands. The storefront racism was on display that night.

10 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

I was in Mabank exactly once in my life and Good God it was memorable for all the wrong reasons. It was a high school basketball tournament they hosted some years ago. They lost to a team from DISD and it was either the sheriff or one of the deputies that would not let the teams shake hands after the game. He told the team from DISD to get out of the gym or else while Mabank's players were waiting to shake hands. The storefront racism was on display that night.

Sounds about right.  

38 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

My Sunday school teacher in junior high would rant endlessly about how Genesis was the devil's band.  This was after Phil Collins had taken over as singer

Phil Collins.  Satan. I mean, I did start to wonder about some things once "Sussudio" took off, but Satan?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

My Sunday school teacher in junior high would rant endlessly about how Genesis was the devil's band.  This was after Phil Collins had taken over as singer

Phil Collins.  Satan. I mean, I did start to wonder about some things once "Sussudio" took off, but Satan?

That Q shit is apparently genetic.

On the other hand, maybe he was onto something:

1TZR.gif

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well I mean he is British and bald and loves the Alamo and writes both good and crappy songs and yeah....

I give up on that one. 

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I had a Sunday school teacher go on a nice little rant about how the Nickelodeon show Rugrats was one of the most offensive shows on television because it not only depicted children outsmarting adults, but also encouraged children to outsmart adults. The ever consistent need for outrage and moral panic in the church is one of the many reasons I no longer participate in organized religion.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Most churches really don't have an issue with children trying to outsmart their parents.  In a way, they probably like it because those kids usually go on to be high earners/high tithing.  

What worries them is that children like that usually see through the facade of organized religion earlier than most and are lost for good.  

16 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This is psychotic.  These people have created a full on fantasy realm to persuade themselves of this madness.  There are going to be psychological studies of this phenomenon in the future.

So, go on Amazon, and look up all the books and treatments on how the German people descended into their nazi hell.  There are.....a lot of them.  By this point in history, none of them are groundbreaking or shocking; they all report the same sort of psychology and actions following it.  And we're seeing the exact same shit being written again in real time, right here at home.

So, 1) there are going to be LOTS of studies and books on this phenomenon of our collective fucking insanity and delusion, and 2) none of them will make a single fucking difference.  If -- IF -- we survive this, we will absolutely repeat it.  Because we are a stupid, stupid species.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, BrickHorn said:

What if it’s really the Noble Pizza Prize, and it is awarded for the most noble secret efforts to shut down pizza-parlor-based reptilian vampire pedophile black market blood banks?

Well, I'd be on board with that because eating human flesh and pedophilia is WRONG.  If someone on social media could indulge the fantasies of stupid people and attribute the worst aspects of criminal behavior to one, specific political ideology they'd get whatever money I could spare to fight that issue.   

14 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

If the Republicans pull off stealing the election again, they better not go here with him or they will be swinging in the trees and I'll be supplying rope. Seriously, why the fuck do they want to pull the safety net away from those who use these funds to improve the quality of their lives?  I don't understand why we'd want to fuck people out of  the money that we've paid into this pot so they can have some help during their later years. 'Why is this a thing? Can we adjust/improve or even out the system? Sure but to eliminate it using fucking lies and slight of hand is bullshit.

He'll forgive payroll taxes. He'll prop up social security from the general fund.

Remember when Republicans used to accuse Democrats of promising free shit to get votes?

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

Good Christ 

I have a sister who I imagine has fallen for all of this shit. I have not spoke to her in years.

Edit: AFAIK, she was never politically active, beyond maybe voting.  Just went to one of those very small, very weird churches were they speak in tongues, believe in faith healing, all that nonsense. Of course, she got all that from my parents, but Mom thinks that even sis went "too far."  

She was certainly an anti-vaxxer which when I found out is where I absolutely cut off contact.  She also believed in an army of Chinese clones, but I'm not really sure where that came from.  Anyway, there's almost no way she doesn't fall for the kind of crap posted in that tweet link.

Edited by MC Fresh Breath

Trump administration siphoned almost $4 million from 9/11 first responders fund: report
Published: Sept. 11, 2020 at 2:18 p.m. ET

As the nation marks the 19th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, a new report accuses the Trump administration of siphoning almost $4 million away from a fund supporting the 9/11 first responders.

The Treasury Department began withholding parts of payments intended to cover medical services for firefighters, paramedics and emergency medical technicians suffering 9/11-related illnesses, according to documents obtained by the New York Daily News. These first responders who inhaled smoke and dust at Ground Zero in the aftermath of the terrorist attack, which killed almost 3,000 Americans, have suffered illnesses including cancers and systemic autoimmune diseases, including rheumatoid arthritis and lupus, in the almost two decades since.

The National Institute for Occupational Health and Safety (NIOHS) oversees the FDNY World Trade Center Health Program. The Daily News reports that the Treasury started keeping some of the money earmarked for this program — to the tune of about half a million dollars each year in 2016 and 2017, and $630,000 each year in 2018 and 2019. And the Treasury has nearly tripled these extractions this year, withholding $1.447 million through late August, according to Dr. David Prezant, the program director.

More in the link.   Sickening.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump-administration-siphoned-almost-4-million-from-911-first-responders-fund-report-2020-09-11

1 hour ago, TexasHooch said:

The word he was trying to read was "fortuity".  Still flubbed it- and there's no doubt that he doesn't know what it means- but the word wasn't "fortune". He knows that word well- it's his favorite gift from daddy that he keeps losing.

I agree.   He is reading from a quote and the word he comes upon is "fortuity", not "fortune."  (Context clues and all.)   But there is a difference between a verbal stumble  and ignorance.  He clearly does not know the word or how to pronounce it.  When he gets to the word he pauses, does a brief mental inventory of his limited vocabulary, and comes out with "fortooty"  because the word he is seeing on paper looks a bit like "fruit" and that is a word he knows and can pronounce.

15 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

I have a sister who I imagine has fallen for all of this shit. I have not spoke to her in years.

Edit: AFAIK, she was never politically active, beyond maybe voting.  Just went to one of those very small, very weird churches were they speak in tongues, believe in faith healing, all that nonsense. Of course, she got all that from my parents, but Mom thinks that even sis went "too far."  

She was certainly an anti-vaxxer which when I found out is where I absolutely cut off contact.  She also believed in an army of Chinese clones, but I'm not really sure where that came from.  Anyway, there's almost no way she doesn't fall for the kind of crap posted in that tweet link.

Let me help you out on this one. She's racist and they all look the same to her. 

• Hook 'Em 1