Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

7 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

I remember seeing this clip in a documentary before the election.   I never cared for Barbara Walters, I thought she pandered to her interviewees.   But I'm glad she took this clown to task. 

Press is bad, but they write about me, not the bankers.  He's an attention whore who disparages those who distribute his message, just to gain more attention.  Guy hasn't changed one iota.  Not his hair, his suits, his ties, his goals, nor his methods.  

That part about Trump's interest in Hitler's speeches could make for a perfect Lincoln Project ad, especially if they can find some Hitler clips that show the similarity between their inflammatory rhetoric.  Of course, Hitler used big words, so the impact on Trump's "hurr durr" base would probably be minimal.

8 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

That part about Trump's interest in Hitler's speeches could make for a perfect Lincoln Project ad, especially if they can find some Hitler clips that show the similarity between their inflammatory rhetoric.  Of course, Hitler used big words, so the impact on Trump's "hurr durr" base would probably be minimal.

I would venture a guess that Hitler's audience was more literate and educated than Trump's.    Time seems to have shown our species to be lazy in speech, dress, just about everything.   

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

I remember seeing this clip in a documentary before the election.   I never cared for Barbara Walters, I thought she pandered to her interviewees.   But I'm glad she took this clown to task. 

Press is bad, but they write about me, not the bankers.  He's an attention whore who disparages those who distribute his message, just to gain more attention.  Guy hasn't changed one iota.  Not his hair, his suits, his ties, his goals, nor his methods. 

She did take him to task. The female reporters who don't work for the fawning media outlets seem more inclined to push his buttons and if given space and time to work (by the other reporters) it can be effective. His need to control them has him losing his own control a little bit and it shows. I'd love a Yamiche Alcindor and Wijjia Jiang tag team but you'd have to sideline the OANN gal that always rescues him.

15 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

this last one is weird.  that's a big and kinda underrated gop talking point - that sure, covid has killed some people, but think about how many deaths the shutdown has caused due to depression, suicide, domestic violence, etc. 

so let me see if i've got this...trump = covid, and biden = the smart decision based on facts and science.  electing trump will cause a ton of death and even more sickness and will leave a horrific lasting effect on millions.  but also some bad things will happen if biden gets elected, but you won't hear about them as much because of the media but trust me those things are also happening.

how's my math?

Trumps campaigning to his choir.  He's not winning new support with his dumb, divisive rhetoric and his base will vote until he kills them all.   He could nuke them and the survivors would still vote for him.  It's not anymore complicated than they're not the majority which is why they're suppressing voters. Again, why would Democrats need to rig an election where their candidate is up almost double digits in polls?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

That’s so Trump. “I think he’s Jewish but I don’t know.” Double speak. He’s the master of word twisting. 

15 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

That’s so Trump. “I think he’s Jewish but I don’t know.” Double speak. He’s the master of word twisting. 

It was also, "he sent/gave me the book." Pushing the blame away. Was probably Roy Cohn. Besides the family connection with Cohn and the Trumps,  Cohn and Roger Stone worked together to help the Reagan campaign so it keeps everything within the syndicate. Funny how most folks came to be on the outs with Trump, but those two (well until Cohn got sick and then died) did or have lasted the longest.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I'm not a professional political strategist, but I don't think potus doesn't listen to experts is the best strategy if you want to be re-elected. 

Problem is, it IS a good strategy for his base. They view scientists as “the elite”. They don’t even know why they are supposed to hate them, just some vague, nebulous threat to their egos. It’s fucking detached from logic. 

Dotard is trying to keep his base and cheat to erase the gap. That’s their play. It’s their only one. And it could work. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

They view scientists as “the elite”. They don’t even know why they are supposed to hate them, just some vague, nebulous threat to their egos. It’s fucking detached from logic. 

scientists gave us cell phones and the internet including Facebook/Twitter, so the hate is not entirely unjustified 

• Hook 'Em 3

24 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Problem is, it IS a good strategy for his base. They view scientists as “the elite”. They don’t even know why they are supposed to hate them, just some vague, nebulous threat to their egos. It’s fucking detached from logic. And they often don't know anyone personally who they consider a scientist even though science is all around us. It comes from the internet and other media. Added the bolds.

Scientists:

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.cTFT5drkdBpx9JypWrrGPAHaJx%26pid%3DApi&f=1

Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science - YouTube

Episode 3: The ‘Mad Scientist’ Trope - InSPIre the Mind ...Top 10 Mad Scientists - YouTube

I, Borg - Wikipedia

This Nerdy Mom Came Up With A Genius Way To Teach Her Kids ...

Outspoken & Freckled: Young Frankenstein

WHY DO THE MUPPETS NEED DR. BUNSEN HONEYDEW?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

The first question of his next interview should be “Where do you keep your Michigan Man if the Year and Bay of Pigs awards?”.

someone needs to come forward and insist that he/she won the michigan man of the year the year trump claims to have won it.  they need to have a plaque made and do the interview circuit on cable news.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Energy survived having Rick Perry as its Secretary. How could Biden possibly do worse than the milkman yell leader?

Say what you will, but Rick Perry was 10X the governor that Abbott is, and is the least embarrassing Trump cabinet member.

57 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Sure it’s funny, but I’m tired of people doing their protest pieces in NY or Portland or whatever. They need to do that shit in Tampa or Greensboro or Butte  or Tempe or Columbus or Cedar Rapids where they could do some good. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2