Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

10 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Presenters included Robert Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergies and Infectious Diseases; and Robert Kadlec, assistant secretary within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. U.S. Rep. Diana DeGette, the chair of the subcommittee that oversees the CDC, requested the briefing.

This is a dangerous virus but, as health officials told us today, it still remains largely contained to mainland China,” DeGette said afterward. “That said, if this does turn into some kind of pandemic situation here in the U.S. — which we hope it will not — I am concerned about the time it will take to develop a vaccine and get it distributed to the American public.”

Gutless must be so proud of his little video. But the above quote I took was from early February when Congress (not the Senate which was briefed in January) met to hear what officials had to say. Trump didn't ban travel from Europe until March 16. So Nancy's comments, and the NY Gov's comments from February and the first week of  March are going to reassure the Fox viewers that Trump is still their guy, but per usual, Trump and Friends are Full Of It.

On 9/12/2020 at 2:23 AM, Chad Fuck said:

First Baptist Church of Mabank had one of these when I was in about 7th grade.  One of my classmates started going on in the classroom about how Led Zeppelin had a song called "NATAS"  ("Satan" spelt backerds, get it?) and all the bad shit it said when you played it backwards.  I was like, "Man, I own ALL the Led Zep records and NONE of them have that shit.  You must have some cool ass bootleg shit.  Can you get me a copy?"  He didn't.  

I remember Kiss got all the religious zealots wound up. Knights In Satan's Service. Wake up sheeple!

I think they had strokes when Motley Crue released Shout at the Devil. But thankfully Stryper came along to rescue metal from Satan.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Energy survived having Rick Perry as its Secretary. How could Biden possibly do worse than the milkman yell leader?

They setup an iPad  for the aggy in his office, loaded up Drilling Simulator, told him it was a state-of-the-art device to remotely operate various equipment and told him never to hit the home button, as that would shut down the wells he had setup, and for years he thought he was helping American companies to drill wells.  When he was giving an interview, he mentioned to a reporter how many oil wells he had helped drill that week.  

He showed the reporter his "state-of-the-art device", the reporter hit the home button, showed him the game in the App Store, and all of the sudden Perry realized it was just a game on the iPad.  But he kept up the charade for a few more months, while trying to figure how to not look like an aggy in front of the DOE employees who had fooled him.  Finally, he gave up and asked them if they knew of any other cool games.

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-negotiate-third-term-in-office-2020-9

Trump's spouting off at his rally that he's gonna do three terms again. He says he's going to negotiate it.  Art of the deal, people. 

Rush and co. used to accuse Obama of wanting to do this, without any evidence of course. Now that we have a president openly talking about doing it, they must be screaming about it daily, right? 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

Rush and co. used to accuse Obama of wanting to do this, without any evidence of course. Now that we have a president openly talking about doing it, they must be screaming about it daily, right? 

“That’s just Trump joking around. But seriously: he deserves a third term and should get it. But it’s just a joke, so what are you worried about? But Trump should definitely get a third term.”

- GOP gaslighters

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

“That’s just Trump joking around. But seriously: he deserves a third term and should get it. But it’s just a joke, so what are you worried about? But Trump should definitely get a third term.”

- GOP gaslighters

that's just trump owning the libs and getting a rise out of them !!!!

but seriously, his first term shouldn't count because of CHINA / Kung Flu / Hong Kong Virus / Obama spying on Trump campaign / Hillary's emails / Bengazi / Obama being black / Soros !

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

that's just trump owning the libs and getting a rise out of them !!!!

but seriously, his first term shouldn't count because of CHINA / Kung Flu / Hong Kong Virus / Obama spying on Trump campaign / Hillary's emails / Bengazi / Obama being black / Soros !

"No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice. Unless, you know, some shit happened. Then sure, go ahead".

Like the political version of NCAA covid eligibilty. 

I still can’t believe Don hasn’t got COVID. He really is the devil

Well he practices frequent testing, isolation of positives and contact tracing. So it’s actually not surprising at all he hasn’t gotten it

Edited by Sawbonz

47 minutes ago, Red Five said:

That insane bullshit really should make Trumper's question everything.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I still can’t believe Don hasn’t got COVID. He really is the devil

Well he practices frequent testing, isolation of positives and contact tracing. So it’s actually not surprising at all he hasn’t gotten it

Yeah right...

If he did get it, we would never find out unless he dropped dead.

7 minutes ago, Horndog said:

Wouldn't a Bay of Pigs Award be something like a Waterloo award? 

Not only that, there were maybe 5,000 people involved in the invasion.  1,500 ground troops (Brigade 2506, a handful of WWII surplus B-26 medium bombers (7 man crews) and 5 supply ships.   The "invasion" was 59 years ago.   I'm guessing the Bay of Pigs Veteran group has maybe a couple of hundred living members.   Oh, and their website doesn't exist anymore.

Now, I realize  that these freedom fighters were trying to take back their country from Castro.   Because life under Batista and his cronies was so swell.  But this means Trump is proud of his major award from a group that tried to instigate a coup.

2 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Say what you will, but Rick Perry was 10X the governor that Abbott is, and is the least embarrassing Trump cabinet member.

Sure it’s funny, but I’m tired of people doing their protest pieces in NY or Portland or whatever. They need to do that shit in Tampa or Greensboro or Butte  or Tempe or Columbus or Cedar Rapids where they could do some good. 

The only thing intelligent Perry has done is not draw attention to himself while he was grifting hard.

https://time.com/5887230/rick-perry-deals-energy-ukraine/

Exclusive: As Energy Secretary, Rick Perry Mixed Money and Politics in Ukraine. The Deals Could Be Worth Billions

rick-perry-deals-energy-ukraine-01-e1599
Photo-Illustration by Peter Horvath for TIME; Getty images (6); Bleyzer: Vadym Guliuk

SEPTEMBER 10, 2020 7:00 AM EDT

Rick Perry came to Washington looking for a deal, and less than two months into his tenure as Energy Secretary, he found a hot prospect. It was April 19, 2017, and Perry, the former Texas governor, failed presidential candidate and contestant on Dancing With the Stars, was sitting in his office on Independence Avenue with two influential Ukrainians. “He said, ‘Look, I’m a new guy, I’m a dealmaker, I’m a Texan,’” recalls one of them, Yuriy Vitrenko, then Ukraine’s chief energy negotiator. “We’re ready to do deals,” he remembers Perry saying.

The deals they discussed that day became central to Ukraine’s complex relationship with the Trump Administration, a relationship that culminated in December with the House vote to impeach President Donald Trump. Perry was a leading figure in the impeachment inquiry last fall. He was among the officials, known as the “three amigos,” who ran a shadow foreign policy in Ukraine on Trump’s behalf. Their aim, according to the findings of the impeachment inquiry in the House, was to embarrass Trump’s main political rival, Joe Biden.

Alongside this political mission, Perry and his staff at the Energy Department worked to advance energy deals that were potentially worth billions of dollars to Perry’s friends and political donors, a six-month investigation by reporters from TIME, WNYC and ProPublica shows. Two of these deals seemed set to benefit Energy Transfer, the Texas company on whose board Perry served immediately before and after his stint in Washington. The biggest was worth an estimated $20 billion, according to U.S. and Ukrainian energy executives involved in negotiating them.

If this long discussed deal succeeds, Perry himself could stand to benefit: in March, three months after leaving government, he owned Energy Transfer shares currently worth around $800,000, according to his most recent filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Perry appears to have stayed on the right side of the law in pursuing the Ukraine ventures. Federal prosecutors in the Southern District of New York (SDNY) questioned at least four people about the deals over the past year, according to five people who are familiar with the conversations and discussed them with our reporting team on condition of anonymity. “As far back as last year, they were already interested in events that had taken place in Ukraine around Rick Perry,” including ­allegations that Perry “was trying to get deals for his buddies,” says one of the people who spoke to the Manhattan prosecutors. Perry is not a target of their investigation, according to two sources familiar with the probes.

But two ethics experts say Perry’s efforts were violations of federal regulations. Administration officials are not allowed to participate in matters directly relating to companies on whose board they have recently served. Other experts say Perry and his aides may have broken a federal rule that prohibits officials from advocating for companies that have not been vetted by the Commerce Department. “Even if it skirts the criminal statute, it’s still unethical,” says Richard Painter, the top ethics lawyer in the White House of President George W. Bush, with whom we shared our findings.

Through a spokesman, Perry said he “never connected or ­facilitated discussions” between Energy Transfer and Ukraine’s state energy firm in one of the deals we uncovered. The spokesman declined to comment on the other ventures Perry advanced while in government, including the $20 ­billion deal, or on the federal probe. In response to written questions for this article, Energy Transfer said, “We are not aware of any contact between Secretary Perry and Ukrainian officials on Energy Transfer’s behalf.”

The Ukrainians were never naive in their overtures to the Trump team. They realized that Trump was a businessman. “We studied his psychological profile,” says Konstantin ­Eliseev, who advised Ukraine’s President on foreign policy when Trump took office in 2017. Their strategy, says Vitrenko, was “to lure or to seduce” the Trump Administration by offering deals to its officials. “It was typical for Ukrainian politicians,” says the energy negotiator. “They thought that if they could, to some extent, corrupt the U.S. government, or get them interested commercially or personally, it would help.”

The Ukrainians desperately needed that help. Since 2014, they have been at war with Russia, and their country relies on U.S. support for its very survival. The first offer they dangled in that April 2017 meeting with Perry was indeed seductive: they were looking for a Western partner to take a 49% stake in the country’s gas-­pipeline network. “It’s a classic cash cow,” says Oleksandr Kharchenko, one of the Ukrainian energy experts involved in trying to sell a stake in the company. Its annual profits, he says, are close to $2 billion.

The Ukrainians apparently got Perry’s attention. From the outset, Perry’s focus on Ukraine had puzzled his colleagues in government, who say that he took a personal interest in the country’s affairs. Those affairs would normally fall under the purview of the State Department, not the Energy Department. But at the U.S. embassy in Kyiv, officials felt that Perry’s office had taken the lead on Ukraine policy. “Secretary Perry’s staff was very aggressive in terms of promoting an agenda and excluding embassy personnel from meetings without giving explanations,” David Holmes, a senior embassy official, said in a deposition to Congress during the impeachment inquiry last year.

Some of the voices driving that agenda were not members of the Energy Department but private businessmen, usually from Texas. The most visible was Michael Bleyzer, an old friend and political donor of Perry’s. Known for his long mane of silver hair and a passion for scuba diving, Bleyzer was born in the Ukrainian city of Kharkiv and had immigrated to the U.S. in 1978. As Bleyzer explained in a series of emails and phone interviews, he shares an interest in photography with Perry, and they have taken trips together to shoot pictures in Colorado and Israel. “He considers me to be Mr. Ukraine,” says Bleyzer. “Whenever he had questions about Ukraine, he would turn to me.”

There is much more in the link.  

On 9/11/2020 at 8:48 AM, jimmyjazz said:

Recently Trump claimed that there has been an unprecedented wave of  new auto plants being built in Michigan, Ohio, South Carolina and North Carolina on his watch.  The actual count:

Michigan:  one new, two retrofit, a total of ~ 4,300 jobs

Ohio:  none

South Carolina:  none

North Carolina:  none

I read the other day (Bloomberg?) That the last 3 years of Obama saw 10 billion more investment in domestic auto than Trump's first 3 years.

On 9/11/2020 at 12:07 PM, High Plains Drifter said:

He'll forgive payroll taxes. He'll prop up social security from the general fund.

Remember when Republicans used to accuse Democrats of promising free shit to get votes?

I'm sure if you check @slorch posts from the last day or two, you'll find something about that.

On 9/11/2020 at 5:05 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

UAE is where the Saudi royals go to party and get their gay on. They promote strict Wahhabism at home and abroad but it's that sort of hypocrisy that makes the jihadists like bin Laden hate them. That and the perception, not entirely undeserved, that they're puppets of the West. (Although under Trump it's more like the Saudis are the ones pulling the strings. "They pay cash.")

I read on the swingers thread that ball touching isn't "necessarily" gay.  Color me skeptical.  g

10 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

She did take him to task. The female reporters who don't work for the fawning media outlets seem more inclined to push his buttons and if given space and time to work (by the other reporters) it can be effective. His need to control them has him losing his own control a little bit and it shows. I'd love a Yamiche Alcindor and Wijjia Jiang tag team but you'd have to sideline the OANN gal that always rescues him.

That's a "tag team" that I could get "behind"

2 hours ago, Jhawkmvp said:

I remember Kiss got all the religious zealots wound up. Knights In Satan's Service. Wake up sheeple!

I think they had strokes when Motley Crue released Shout at the Devil. But thankfully Stryper came along to rescue metal from Satan.

"Stryper's my faaaaaavvvvoorrrrittte"

1 hour ago, Horndog said:

Wouldn't a Bay of Pigs Award be something like a Waterloo award? 

I'm pretty sure that @Vic Mackey has won that award for the last several years. 

Edited by Gil Bang

4 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I'm sure if you check @slorch posts from the last day or two, you'll find something about that.

or not.  But keep making shit up...  

I haven't commented on the withholding issue politically;  save for the fact that I am watching mine and adjusting accordingly.

Just because you want to hear it or thought you read it, doesn't make it so.   It's bullshit calling me out specifically for something you just invented.  Fuck you.

Edited by slorch

23 minutes ago, slorch said:

I haven't commented on the withholding issue politically;  save for the fact that I am watching mine and adjusting accordingly.

Just because you want to hear it or thought you read it, doesn't make it so.   It's bullshit calling me out specifically for something you just invented.  Fuck you.

200.gif

21 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

A quick aside, The Princess Bride reading tonight by the original cast was fucking fantastic. Benefitted the Wisconsin Dems. Mandy Patinkin was the best, but Billy Crystal and Wallace Shawn brought it as well. 

Rob Reiner is going to explode if Dotard is re-elected. Much like I will. 

crap i forgot about this.  has anyone found any good clips out there?  apparently the q&a was the best part.

21 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

200.gif

I reckon you feel like it's OK to straight up lie about other posters?   yeah of course you do.  it's how your whole fucking ideology functions.

I bet while Gil is searching for a quote that does not exist, he'll probably double back on the Starsky and Hutch accusation he invented a few weeks ago too.

This isn't the first time for him  making shit up and acting as if it's fact..

Edited by slorch

Slorch’d!
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, slorch said:

I reckon you feel like it's OK to straight up lie about other posters?   yeah of course you do.  it's how your whole fucking ideology functions.

I bet while Gil is searching for a quote that does not exist, he'll probably double back on the Starsky and Hutch accusation he invented a few weeks ago too.

This isn't the first time for him  making shit up and acting as if it's fact..

fuck you dude.  You totally posted about how you and your son had worked out moves that you would each make in case of a home invasion.   You did it, and I goofed on you without mercy.  It was probably on shaggy, and no, I'm not searching for it on the turd site.  

3 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

fuck you dude.  You totally posted about how you and your son had worked out moves that you would each make in case of a home invasion.   You did it, and I goofed on you without mercy.  It was probably on shaggy, and no, I'm not searching for it on the turd site.  

No i did not.  It's preposterous.  It's insane.  It's something in your head.  You're a liar.   Own it.

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, slorch said:

No i did not.  It's preposterous.  It's insane.  It's something in your head.  You're a liar.   Own it.

I grew up in Lubbock (yes, I remember the S&H stamps from United) and I know plenty of people that probably actually do practice moves in case someone ever breaks into their house.  I actually think most of those guys are dying to get robbed just so that they can finally shoot somebody with one of those many guns they have collected over the years.  I’m not saying you did it, just pointing out that it’s not far fetched to think that someone from Lubbock would have.

3 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

the bumping dickheads award. 

That’s the rub though...lolz.

I’m off minding my own business discussing Astros, Cowboys, and Swingers when I get a notification from this thread, in which I rarely if ever post, because it’s obvious AF what you’re going to get.  Then I see the post that calls me out by name, without any prior provocation on my part, for something I absolutely did not say.  I call out the poster for it, and remind him of something he made up  a few weeks ago, that also involved my kids, which I admittedly post about too much on here, but the allegation was completely false.

So then the joke becomes ‘Gil and Slorch need to bump dicks.’  Well Slorch was minding his own fucking business when homeboy called him out.  If this is a self-policing board and I do subscribe to that theory; I don’t run to the Bellmont Forum and call ffor the poster to be banned or punished.  That’s horseshit too.  I simply called the poster out as a liar.Maybe that matters to people, maybe it doesn’t  It’s cool.   Behavior duly noted.

I fuck up enough on my own, but I own it. I don’t need people just making shit up Like they write for the Atlantic.  In the end, it’s just a message board, but there needs to be a shred of integrity, no?  And of course, the irony of the thread and these talking points is not lost on me.

Happy Monday, all.

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, slorch said:

That’s the rub though...lolz.

I’m off minding my own business discussing Astros, Cowboys, and Swingers when I get a notification from this thread, in which I rarely if ever post, because it’s obvious AF what you’re going to get.  Then I see the post that calls me out by name, without any prior provocation on my part, for something I absolutely did not say.  I call out the poster for it, and remind him of something he made up  a few weeks ago, that also involved my kids, which I admittedly post about too much on here, but the allegation was completely false.

So then the joke becomes ‘Gil and Slorch need to bump dicks.’  Well Slorch was minding his own fucking business when homeboy called him out.  If this is a self-policing board and I do subscribe to that theory; I don’t run to the Bellmont Forum and call ffor the poster to be banned or punished.  That’s horseshit too.  I simply called the poster out as a liar.Maybe that matters to people, maybe it doesn’t  It’s cool.   Behavior duly noted.

I fuck up enough on my own, but I own it. I don’t need people just making shit up Like they write for the Atlantic.  In the end, it’s just a message board, but there needs to be a shred of integrity, no?  And of course, the irony of the thread and these talking points is not lost on me.

Happy Monday, all.

You’re damn sure a liar. Get over it.

• Hook 'Em 1

So, y'all have seen the Trump ad about "violent Biden supporters?"  It literally ends with a scene of Biden kneeling with a bunch of black thugs, followed by a statement "STOP JOE BIDEN AND HIS RIOTERS."  Wait, did I say he was kneeling with some black thugs?  I meant -- he was fucking kneeling with black religious leaders in an actual church.  There's literally an altar and cross behind him in the photo.

This is how racist and shitty this regime truly is.  It takes an image of black religious leaders, IN CHURCH, and deems them a bunch of rioters.

As you might expect, the folks at the Bethel AME church in Wilmington (location of the photo) didn't take too kindly to the naked fucking evil racism of this shitty regime: https://religionnews.com/2020/09/14/response-to-trump-campaign-ad-featuring-bethel-ame-church-in-wilmington-delaware/?fbclid=IwAR21wjPzIfV95Et1ZVQ3kr8ezHi_oq8zqvwM8BFbIy24G9dzXMmk_LG0jpM

Black people in America have been under attack by the spiritual, political, financial, and cultural servants of American white supremacy since our first enslaved ancestors arrived on these shores over four hundred years ago.

Nations and people of color have been under attack by the global manifestation of white supremacy. First, the sin of colonialism and now in the 21st century, these white supremacist attacks continue through corporate neo-colonialism.

Sadly, the African Methodist Episcopal Church, one of the first Black institutions in this nation, is under attack again.

The servant leaders of the African Methodist Episcopal Church decry and denounce an advertisement from the campaign committee of Donald J. Trump linking an African Methodist Episcopal Church to violence and implying that those who gathered there are "thugs".

The ad "Meet Joe Biden's Supporters" ends with footage of former Vice President Joe Biden kneeling before the altar in Bethel AME Church in Wilmington, Delaware, in front of several Black clergy and community leaders. A moment later, "Stop Joe Biden and his rioters" appears across the screen as Mike Pence declares, "You won't be safe in Joe Biden's America." This ad subtly incites white terrorism against people of color and attacks the Black Church and Black people for refusing to bow down to the idol called white supremacy.

The people who comprise the global African Methodist Episcopal Church ask for the following:

1. An immediate apology to Bethel AME Church, Wilmington Delaware, and its Pastor, Dr. Silvester Beaman.
2. The removal of that ad from all networks.
3. Federal protection for Bethel AME Church, the people, staff, and community that uses the building daily.
4. An investigation by the Dept. of Justice and/or Homeland Security regarding the legality of the Trump campaign's misrepresentation and photoshopping images, as well as analysis of the tone of the rhetoric as the language that might incite violence, and encourage racial tensions that lead to placing people of color in harm's way.

The AME Church, Black Churches, and the church of Jesus and Justice have been under attack because we stand and fight for the freedom, justice, and equality for all of God's children. We are deeply concerned about this 21st Century atmosphere of white rage and terror. Even now, the FBI is investigating vandalism against multiple AME Churches, and we continue to cope with the tragedy at Mother Emanuel in Charleston, SC. We are apprehensive that the history of burning and bombing Black churches is being stirred up by a political party that has lost its moral bearings. We are deeply concerned that the white supremacist lynchings, murders, and assassinations of Black men and women, boys and girls in the past, is the plan for the present and future.

Bishop Michael L. Mitchell, President of the Council of Bishops
Bishop Adam J. Richardson, Senior Bishop
Bishop Wilfred Jacobus Messiah, President of the General Board
Bishop Frank Madison Reid, III Chair, Commission on Social Action
Mrs. Jacquelyn Dupont-Walker, Director/Consultant, Social Action

Know this: if you stand with or support this regime, you support demonization and terrorism against black churches.  Fucking black CHURCHES.

Fuck you to hell.

• Hook 'Em 1