Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

Kilmeade looks like he just watched a pledge brother slip a girl a roofie and slink off into a back bedroom and got called before the Dean to describe what happened..  Appropriate given Trump's propensity for sexual assault.  

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

This hysterectomy scenario would need several people heavily involved.  Sounds like pizzagate to me.  

Isn't it more likely that they have a doc on duty who is more inclined to perform hysterectomies as opposed to alternate approaches for various ailments?  I mean, if 10 women out of 1000 have a condition that COULD be treated with an hysterectomy, but the average doc would only go that route twice yet this guy performs 7, that would fit the narrative but still not necessarily be outrageous, right?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Isn't it more likely that they have a doc on duty who is more inclined to perform hysterectomies as opposed to alternate approaches for various ailments?  I mean, if 10 women out of 1000 have a condition that COULD be treated with an hysterectomy, but the average doc would only go that route twice yet this guy performs 7, that would fit the narrative but still not necessarily be outrageous, right?

That's what I'm thinking is most likely.  You just have a surgery-happy dr.  If he's on a gov't contract, maybe he gets paid for for a hysterectomy than some other treatment, so there's a callous financial motive?  Maybe he's just a shitty doctor, who isn't good at evaluating optional treatments.

Or, maybe he's a genocidal shitbag, working consistently with the genocidal philosophy of Stephen Miller and this awful regime.

Need a lot more facts to figure out which one.

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yep and that would be really difficult for a whistleblower to prove much of anything.  That type of thing happens in hospitals all over.  Definitely not saying it’s right, but it’s a lot more gray.  When people bring up Mengele, I need to speak up.  We don’t need to be like Q dipshits.  

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

That's what I'm thinking is most likely.  You just have a surgery-happy dr.  If he's on a gov't contract, maybe he gets paid for for a hysterectomy than some other treatment, so there's a callous financial motive?  Maybe he's just a shitty doctor, who isn't good at evaluating optional treatments.

Or, maybe he's a genocidal shitbag, working consistently with the genocidal philosophy of Stephen Miller and this awful regime.

"Callous financial motive" should be Merica's motto

And also who gives a shit if that's the reason? Would your opinion on the matter change if it was callous financial motive over genocidal shitbag? 

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yep and that would be really difficult for a whistleblower to prove much of anything.  That type of thing happens in hospitals all over.  Definitely not saying it’s right, but it’s a lot more gray.  When people bring up Mengele, I need to speak up.  We don’t need to be like Q dipshits.  

A classic example of "if the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail".

2 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

And also who gives a shit if that's the reason? Would your opinion on the matter change if it was callous financial motive over genocidal shitbag? 

Well yes, my opinion would change quite a bit.  You serious?  

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

Yes and what I mean is neither is fucking acceptable if there were other options available. With the genocidal shitbag we all scream to high heaven and the dude gets the needle. With callous financial motive we shrug and say welp that's America. It's the same result but we have built in an acceptance as long as money is involved. 

Weren’t the complaints saying it was for ovarian cysts? Unless they saw something indicating cancer, I thought that laporoscopy (sp?) was used on the cyst or if it wasn’t causing an issue then just time and maybe birth control as a preventative (although that has other considerations for patients and the government). 

I don’t truly want the news regarding this to be anything evil, whether a rogue doctor or a cruel systematic intent but one gets a little too used to questioning their motives when they’ve given us so many examples of their “care” thus far. 

41 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Either way, permitting this kind of atrocity has the same effect on our population distribution. In the end, I don't think it'll matter if the first doctor who performed medically unnecessary sterilization procedures happened to have a profit motive.

I imagine you see it the same way, but nonetheless, I couldn't stop myself from saying it.

Edited by ndawg

36 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

34 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yeah, my opinion would change quite a bit.  Not so much as to the individual doctor - if he's doing it because he wants to eliminate future brown people vs. he's willing to slice women apart unnecessarily for profit....both are high on the evil-o-meter -- but as to this being a greater social problem and crime.  If we have a system of purposeful genocide by sterilization in place (and remember....in the US, we have had that in the past, and we acknowledge that it's among our most shameful chapters), then yeah, that's a greater crime.

And were these women properly consented? Were they given a list of treatment options and routes that they may want to go? Were they given a list of possible complications and indications for further surgical procedures during the operation? Was everything explained to them in the language(s) that they speak and were they given an opportunity to ask questions of the surgeon who would be performing the procedure? Were they even told they had a choice and autonomy in the decision making? 

If the answer to any one of those questions is no, then we have committed (even more) atrocities and should suffer consequences because of it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

Once again, this would be the worst controversy in Presidential history pre-2016. Now, it is just a Monday morning. 

Remember the scandal when Trump called our deceased troops losers and suckers, and no one in the military stepped up to dispute it? Yeah that was less than 2 weeks ago. 

The GOP is still talking about Obama's 2011 treasonous activities like wearing a tan suit. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Yes and what I mean is neither is fucking acceptable if there were other options available. With the genocidal shitbag we all scream to high heaven and the dude gets the needle. With callous financial motive we shrug and say welp that's America. It's the same result but we have built in an acceptance as long as money is involved. 

That’s just capitalism, baby! 

13 hours ago, Blotto said:

All those points are certainly accurate, but my concern is not what happens in a legitimate election.

I think a lot of this is overblown.

Will there be attempts at hanky-panky? Absolutely -- just like there always were.

Are there ways to get around the hanky-panky? Yes. By getting a mail-in ballot and taking it directly to the Registrar's office (instead of relying on USPS); by voting in-person and showing up early; etc.

The point is to not wait for the ballot to come to you, but to take personal responsibility for your ballot and get that shit done.

I think a lot of this is overblown.
Will there be attempts at hanky-panky? Absolutely -- just like there always were.
Are there ways to get around the hanky-panky? Yes. By getting a mail-in ballot and taking it directly to the Registrar's office (instead of relying on USPS); by voting in-person and showing up early; etc.
The point is to not wait for the ballot to come to you, but to take personal responsibility for your ballot and get that shit done.

Americans already can’t be bothered to vote, what makes you think they will go through this extra effort?

How can you look at this Kanye fuckery, voter suppression fuckery, USPS fuckery and say this is “overblown”. The Republicans do not want people to vote, period.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think there's quite a bit to this.  Plus, I think a lot of GOPers have decided they probably weren't going to win their re-election anyway (or would no matter what), so if Trumpism extends it (and the grift), it's gravy.  See, e.g. all the resignations.

Probably I should re-phrase that being no longer in office isn't necessarily the plan. The plan is to funnel money to themselves. They can do this either in office or out of office. If he's the president? He can direct tons of things his way. If he's the dictator? He can send everything to his coffers. So there is cause for concern there. But they don't need to be in office to do this. The free publicity he's already gotten will fuel his career for the next two decades even if he never holds office again.

1 minute ago, Dark Horse said:

Americans already can’t be bothered to vote, what makes you think they will go through this extra effort?

How can you look at this Kanye fuckery, voter suppression fuckery, USPS fuckery and say this is “overblown”. The Republicans do not want people to vote, period.

Are you talking about yourself, or someone else? Because if you're talking about yourself, then you're part of the problem. And if you're talking about someone else you know personally, then go grab that someone else and smack them about with a raw haddock until they get off their asses and do something about it. And if you're talking about a hypothetical "someone else" that is no one you know, then the least you can do is post something on social media.

Like I'm doing right here and right now.

I guess the point I'm trying to make here is this: If you don't get off your tuckus and vote, I will personally do nothing but send you Babylon 5 gifs for the rest of your miserable life.

You know I'll do it, too

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Curbside Voting

If a voter is physically unable to enter the polling place, he or she may ask that an election officer bring a ballot to the entrance of the polling place or to a car at parked at the curbside. After the voter marks the ballot, they will give it to the election officer, who will put it in the ballot box. Or, at the voter’s request, a companion may hand the voter a ballot and deposit it for him or her.

TIP FOR VOTER WITH DISABILITY: If you plan to go alone to vote curbside, it is wise to call ahead so election officials will expect you. Generally speaking, you may vote curbside during the early voting period (the 17th day before Election Day until the 4th day before Election Day) or on Election Day. For a May uniform election date or resulting runoff election, the early voting period is the 12th day before Election Day until the 4th day before Election Day.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Dark Horse said:

Donald Trump admitted on Monday that making it easier to vote in America would hurt the Republican party.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/30/trump-republican-party-voting-reform-coronavirus

7 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Are you talking about yourself, or someone else? Because if you're talking about yourself, then you're part of the problem. And if you're talking about someone else you know personally, then go grab that someone else and smack them about with a raw haddock until they get off their asses and do something about it. And if you're talking about a hypothetical "someone else" that is no one you know, then the least you can do is post something on social media.

Like I'm doing right here and right now.

I guess the point I'm trying to make here is this: If you don't get off your tuckus and vote, I will personally do nothing but send you Babylon 5 gifs for the rest of your miserable life.

You know I'll do it, too

Can you tell me if this is some sort of gag before I waste time responding?

It’s not that I think there’s a conspiracy like Mengele. But I see the shit a few doctors can get away with for some period of time at reputable hospitals. I shudder to think what a bad actor could do treating immigrant detainee women who don’t speak English, whose families aren’t in the picture, with the dregs of the medical and nursing professions treating, with little to no oversight, and whose patients are being “protected” by a prison guard workforce of incompetents who think brown people are vermin.

9 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Is this thinking really a risk we can take?

The problem is that this thinking leads to a defeatist attitude, where people think "It's busted anyway, so I might as well not even bother." 

That is their goal. It's not enough for them to try to manipulate the system; they want you thinking that the system is so broken that you don't even make an attempt.

2 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

Can you tell me if this is some sort of gag before I waste time responding?

You're wasting your time by responding whether it's a gag or not.

You should be spending your time making your voting plans and contacting everyone you know to make sure they are ready, too. 

17 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

You're wasting your time by responding whether it's a gag or not.

You should be spending your time making your voting plans and contacting everyone you know to make sure they are ready, too. 

Oh yes, vote shame me daddy. 

Don’t worry about the republicans stealing an election because we can just get 65 million people to all vote in person and that will solve everything. That’s what a functioning democracy looks like. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

This.  We have to make deliberate efforts to go above and beyond.  I don't just want to see minorities get an education and a "good job."  I want them to end up in positions of relative power, places where they can exert real control over industry, law, and policy in positive ways.    To that end (and this is just an example), I'm working with an effort to support minority and first-generation potential law students.  Give them mentoring, give them an idea of what this professional world really looks like, give them something of a network before they even graduate law school, so that they can become leaders.  Yeah, lawyers suck, etc. etc.....but a shitload of them influence matters of law and policy.  So, helping minorities end up in those positions is one way to make a real difference.

It's not the only way.  But "we need more black lawyers" alone ain't it.  We need more minority lawyers who have some fo the same advantages and networks as a kid from Highland Park has, so those lawyers can end up in the halls of power too.

Fuck the G ride, I want the machines that are making 'em

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

The problem is that this thinking leads to a defeatist attitude, where people think "It's busted anyway, so I might as well not even bother." 

That is their goal. It's not enough for them to try to manipulate the system; they want you thinking that the system is so broken that you don't even make an attempt.

I'm with @Dark Horse on this one, Rimbo. We vote. We not only vote, but I take the time to make a crib sheet for our family based on our discussions around the supper table. My spouse has had people coming up to him at work before asking if he has my crib sheet because most people don't even bother  (crossed out, after thinking better of it: I think many Americans just don't even know where to start anymore and they are so tired trying to keep up with daily life, they don't have the connection or energy to do it) to research their local candidates much less their House or Senate candidates. Crazy, huh?!

But, when a man and his crew of criminals Mobbed Up Organization have worked over the DOJ, have the Senate in his pockets, got caught soliciting foreign intervention, and may or may not have the SCOTUS on his side, why would you think I couldn't do both? VOTE and have CONSTANT VIGILANCE because I want this to go down in history as a "never ever allow this to happen again" moment for Americans.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i don't even need a crib sheet any longer.

does this person have an (R) next to their name? yes? fuck this person.

It's gotten easier in some ways over the years. Our city council is supposed to be free of that although it doesn't take too much effort to suss out their policy.

18 hours ago, Blotto said:

The level of "fuck you I don't give a fuck" attitude displayed by  Trump, his entire administration and the GOP leads me to believe they are not overly concerned by the results of the election. And that is what keeps me up at night. 

I hadn't thought of it that way. I sort of hate you for making me think of it that way. 

Not that i haven't considered and written about how far they may go to hold power, I just thought it was fear of punishment driving them not sober impunity. If that's true, what is it they know that we don't? Who is already in their pocket? 

Fuck.

14 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

Once again, this would be the worst controversy in Presidential history pre-2016. Now, it is just a Monday morning. 

Argument-proof and irony-deaf are the descriptives that keep coming to mind regarding  that huge plurality of the electorate.

You see a horribly fat person eating a giant piece of cake with ice cream. He tells everyone how great it is and that they should dig in. 

He's living in that moment. He's living for the feeling of the moment. He knows he's consuming what for him is poison. He knows it, but his mind can't win over the pure pleasure of sensation wrapped in emotion. It's human not evil. He understands he may be killing himself, but won't stop himself. It's too hard to let go of the feeling.

Here, we're all standing in the maw of an enormous alligator. The Trumpists can't shut up about how great our new pet is.

"Um, it's an alligator."

"Fuck your feelings, pussy!"

spacer.png

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 2

So, I was curious about what the electoral vote count actually looks like.  Here is what it looked like in 2017:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?421237-1/joint-session-congress-certifies-donald-trump-us-president

The current VP is in charge, and in that case Joe Biden was counting the votes to elect Trump as president.  I am no fan of Pence, but I do believe that he'll do the right thing if Biden wins ... count the votes and point us towards a peaceful transfer of power.

10 minutes ago, Texas Jeff said:

So, I was curious about what the electoral vote count actually looks like.  Here is what it looked like in 2017:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?421237-1/joint-session-congress-certifies-donald-trump-us-president

The current VP is in charge, and in that case Joe Biden was counting the votes to elect Trump as president.  I am no fan of Pence, but I do believe that he'll do the right thing if Biden wins ... count the votes and point us towards a peaceful transfer of power.

Maybe the GOP can find a method to not count EC votes but that doesn't change that Trump would be out of office on Jan 21. The office doesn't remain his until an successor is named. I'm unsure of Pence's role if Trump is out. Does the House Speaker become acting POTUS until a president is named?

49 minutes ago, Blotto said:

It goes beyond voting plans. If he declares the election invalid, do you think the Senate or DOJ will push back? It seems like an unlikely scenario, but then again I would have thought that the president would not be able to withhold US aid appropriated through congress to a foreign government unless that government investigated the son of his opponent in the next presidential election. Its basically accepted fact thats exactly what happened, and there were ZERO ramifications for getting caught red handed.

My concern is not who shows up to vote, or how they vote. My concern is the fuckery that  will transpire to invalidate everyone that does vote. Who is going to stop him? The same feeble GOP dicksuckers in the Senate that have let him run roughshod over the country for the last 4 years? Barr and his non-partisan DOJ? Listen to his words, listen to the "warnings" about election tampering from the GOP and his administration. They already know they are going to lose the election, they have moved onto plan B. The statements that come out of that dipshit's mouth are so fucking obvious. You don't spend all your time positioning  the election as a rigged event if you plan on winning it. 

This. Exactly this.

They have been the Mob all throughout this four year term.

"What are you gonna do about it?" is their brand, their lifestyle, and our hell. So, the American mob needs to not only vote but be prepared to defend our house. The one in DC, not the suburbs.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

This. Exactly this.

They have been the Mob all throughout this four year term.

"What are you gonna do about it?" is their brand, their lifestyle, and our hell. So, the American mob needs to not only vote but be prepared to defend our house. The one in DC, not the suburbs.

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Everyone should vote their asses off and also be prepared to do more if necessary. 

These.  Look at what's happening in Minsk right now.  An illegitimate president refuses to leave the people's house.  They aren't letting him have a moment's peace.

If Trump is defeated, and by whatever bullshit mechanism, claims victory/refuses to leave, he should not have a moment's peace.