Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

“Nobody even close.”

What an insufferable dick. Campaigning while in his official capacity in the White House spewing lies about his personal wonderfulness. 

His supporters, the disgusting ones that he particularly hates to even touch, can't be watching him on any kind of a regular basis. They made up their minds, don't care to watch the news (heck, it's all lies anyway), and would rather die than give their team jersey.

May anyone who contributed to this state of affairs get what they deserve.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, gmr548 said:
2 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:
“Nobody even close.”

He's just trolling at this point. Has to be. No one can be this stupid

How this works:

1. Trump says something he'd like to be true. "Nobody has done more for Puerto Rico than me."

2. We all say it's outlandish. Meanwhile, while we react, his army of bootlickers pore through his presidency and finds a tiny factoid of evidence that, when mixed together with some extremely flimsy reasoning, suggests that Trump has done something for Puerto Ricans. It can be any act, no matter how small, and the logic doesn't have to be sound. In fact, it's better if the logic isn't sound, and that the benefit isn't great, which I'll get to in a second.

3. His base laps up the rationalization and, consequently, what Trump would like to be true now is true among those who have agreed to the shared delusion. Ever wonder why Trumpists keep saying things like "the media never reports on all the good things he does?" This is (I think) what they're talking about.

Now, about that flimsy logic based on minimal evidence. This is actually a feature. The Trumpists have highly compartmentalized minds, and one of those compartments believes that Puerto Ricans are subhuman brown people. They have to square "Trump has done more for the people of Puerto Rico than any other president" with an underlying desire that no president ever do anything for the Puerto Ricans. So if the argument for what Trump has done for them is extremely tenuous, then they walk away affirmed that nobody really gives a shit about Puerto Ricans.

Every little compartment in their tiny little brains gets a dopamine hit from this entire process.

Trump says stupid shit because his vile henchmen and deplorable base are 100% dedicated to distorting our collective reality until it's not stupid anymore.

Edited by ndawg
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

"Trump Cards".

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/18/us/politics/trump-drug-prices.html

After months of heated accusations and painstaking negotiations, the White House and the pharmaceutical industry neared agreement late last month on a plan to make good on President Trump’s longstanding promise to lower drug prices.

The drug companies would spend $150 billion to address out-of-pocket consumer costs and would even pick up the bulk of the co-payments that older Americans shoulder in Medicare’s prescription drug program.

Then the agreement collapsed. The breaking point, according to four people familiar with the discussions: Mark Meadows, Mr. Trump’s chief of staff, insisted the drug makers pay for $100 cash cards that would be mailed to seniors before November — “Trump Cards,” some in the industry called them.

Some of the drugmakers bridled at being party towhat they feared would be seen as an 11th-hour political boost for Mr. Trump, the people familiar with the matter said.

White House officials insist they didn’t plan to emblazon the president’s name on the cards, (note: I'm calling bullshit) which they envisioned sending to tens of millions of Americans to use for prescriptions. Mr. Trump, of course, has a long history of branding everything from skyscrapers to stimulus checks.

Regardless, one drug company executive said they worried about the optics of having the chief executives of the country’s leading pharmaceutical makers stand with the president in the Rose Garden as he hoisted an oversized card and gloated about helping a crucial bloc of voters.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

He tried to trade it for Greenland. 

Well, let's look at that.  Puerto Rico would have gone from a neglected backwater of the US to being a Danish dependency with free health care, an improved education system and much more social mobility.  If that deal would have gone through he strangely WOULD have been the best thing to ever happen to the island.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Another woman chiming in as in favor of taking the nasty label and owning it.

Trump uses school yard insults like that because he thinks it will bother his target.

By taking ownership of that insult and embracing it as a positive thing, we’ve neutralized it.

Someone like Trump thinks I’m nasty? Damn fucking right I’m nasty to racists and sexists and fascists and disgusting people like Trump. I’m not going to fall into the sexist trap of women having to “be nice and gentle”. Fuck that.

I’m damn proud people like that think I’m nasty. That means they see me as a threat and an obstacle to their goals.

Bitches get shit done and nasty women make people uncomfortable. And I’m proud to wear both labels. Being polite is getting us nowhere.

My son and I were talking today about how the word "nerd" lost a lot of it's negative connotation after 'Revenge of the Nerds' and 'Animal House.'   All the sudden nerds were pretty cool.  About that time gaming and computers came along too to further give them clout.   

This concept of turning a label inside out is a good thing.  It's like taking someone's guns and pointing them back.   

Nerds made intelligence cool, and nasty is going to make women even stronger forces to be reckoned with.  

• Like 1

My son and I were talking today about how the word "nerd" lost a lot of it's negative connotation after 'Revenge of the Nerds' and 'Animal House.'   All the sudden nerds were pretty cool.  About that time gaming and computers came along too to further give them clout.   
This concept of turning a label inside out is a good thing.  It's like taking someone's guns and pointing them back.   
Nerds made intelligence cool, and nasty is going to make women even stronger forces to be reckoned with.  
Disagree with the timeline, but your overall premise is correct.

trump-hotmic_depo_master_2000.jpg

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2020/09/donald-trump-university-fraud-lawsuit-deposition-full-video/

During the 2016 campaign, Donald Trump was burdened with lawsuits that accused him and his Trump University of defrauding students who had paid thousands of dollars to learn the supposed secrets of Trump’s financial success. Though the Trump U controversy raised questions about Trump’s fitness for office, he managed to score two legal victories in the case as it proceeded. He won a postponement in the trial until after Election Day, and he managed to seal the video of a six-hour deposition he gave in the case. That meant voters would not see news reports of Trump on the stand in a federal civil fraud case or be able to watch this footage of Trump being questioned concerning allegations of fraud. But Mother Jones has now obtained the full video of Trump’s deposition, and though the written transcript of the session was released in June 2016, the video version includes several exchanges that likely would not have played well for Trump had they become public when he was chasing votes.

Trump sat for this deposition in Trump Tower on December 10, 2015. The video shows him parrying with the lawyer for the plaintiffs, Jason Forge, over various issues, including false statements made by Trump University employees, and Trump’s own memory. Trump at one point griped, “It’s the most ridiculous lawsuit I’ve ever seen.” He claimed not to remember having boasted that he possessed one of the best memories in the world and repeatedly said he could not recall matters related to the case. He downplayed false and misleading statements presented by Trump University instructors as merely “hyperbole,” refusing to label them “false.” He even disavowed a passage from one of his own books in which he had assailed educational institutions for committing “fraud.” Had the video deposition been released during the campaign, it may have yielded ammo for anti-Trump ads. At the start of the deposition, Trump’s attorney, Daniel Petrocelli, said he and Trump did not want the transcript “getting into the hands of the media.” Regarding the video, they succeeded. 

• Hook 'Em 2

45 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

I don’t believe this. It’s a false flag. I bet somebody in the Trump administration planned this.  Somebody who binge watched Breaking Bad. 

Yeah, I think their first clue this was bullshit is that the ricin came in a pack of Wilmington Cigarettes.  

13 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Talked to a trump friend of mine. Yeah we’re fucked 

39B3DBA4-2BC9-4C1B-AFD5-1198FC831E8E.jpeg

Liberals in concentration camps 

Sounds like your buddy is being pretty intellectually consistent. In the election of “good vs evil” and “freedom vs. oppression” he’s locked into the evil, oppression side. Concentration camps line up perfectly so of course that wouldn’t change anything. 

• Hook 'Em 2