Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Also that generation of Honda Ridgeline is the ugliest pickup truck ever built.

Point of order:

That generation of Honda Ridgeline is not a truck at all.  It is an SUV with the back cut out to make it look like a truck.  A true truck has a separate bed.

There was quite an uproar on the Tacoma forums many years ago  when the Ridgeline won "best small truck".  Honda has since rectified the distinction as well as getting rid of that ridiculous ramp up to the cab.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Point of order:

That generation of Honda Ridgeline is not a truck at all.  It is an SUV with the back cut out to make it look like a truck.  A true truck has a separate bed.

There was quite an uproar on the Tacoma forums many years ago  when the Ridgeline won "best small truck".  Honda has since rectified the distinction as well as getting rid of that ridiculous ramp up to the cab.

Your point is meritorious with respect to the ramp and to the extent that it is consistent with the history of how pickups came to be, but is overruled. Cargo box in the back and cab up front is clearly a pickup truck. Ford was making unibody F-100s in the early 1960s. The reason why they failed is because unibody construction is poorly suited to both the abuse and wide variety of use cases for which a pickup is useful, much like the ramps, which impair functionality with no benefit. 

In summary, the design doesn't make the Ridgeline not a pickup truck, it just makes it ugly and bad at pickuping.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

12 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Your point is meritorious with respect to the ramp and to the extent that it is consistent with the history of how pickups came to be, but is overruled. Cargo box in the back and cab up front is clearly a pickup truck. Ford was making unibody F-100s in the early 1960s. The reason why they failed is because unibody construction is poorly suited to both the abuse and wide variety of use cases for which a pickup is useful, much like the ramps, which impair functionality with no benefit. 

In summary, the design doesn't make the Ridgeline not a pickup truck, it just makes it ugly and bad at pickuping.

Sounds like something a Ridgeline owner would say.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

So I have a legal question -- I have a huge, 100-yo oak tree in my front yard that has branches that extend out over the street, literally more than half way across the street.

Would it be legal for me to hang a flag with a political message from one of these branches?

Better yet, get one of those branches to fall on Greg Abbott and finish the job

• Hook 'Em 7

EDIT: Now I see this was already posted above.  I'll leave this here since the NBC story linked in this post goes into a little more detail.

TL;DR - Looks like they want to identify Democratic Party-led cities and withhold federal funding as punishment.  Also seems like a pretext to mess with voting in said cities on Nov. 3.

The Department of Justice on Monday released a list of cities it has deemed "anarchist jurisdictions" under President Donald Trump's instructions earlier this month to review federal funding to state and local governments where violence or vandalism has taken place during protests.

That memo directed Attorney General William Barr, in consultation with Office of Management and Budget Director Russ Vought and acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf, to identify jurisdictions "that have permitted violence and the destruction of property to persist and have refused to undertake reasonable measures to counteract these criminal activities (anarchist jurisdictions)."

On Monday, the Justice Department labeled New York City, Portland and Seattle such areas, though the department said it was still working to identify other jurisdictions that meet criteria outlined in Trump's memo.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/justice-dept-deems-new-york-city-portland-seattle-anarchist-jurisdictions-n1240600

Edited by sasquatch69

4 minutes ago, sasquatch69 said:

EDIT: Now I see this was already posted above.  I'll leave this here since the NBC story linked in this post goes into a little more detail.

TL;DR - Looks like they want to identify Democratic Party-led cities and withhold federal funding as punishment.  Also seems like a pretext to mess with voting in said cities on Nov. 3.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/justice-dept-deems-new-york-city-portland-seattle-anarchist-jurisdictions-n1240600?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR3tA-aZZpOskcQztvCTrNO9q1IX59wr1i_uK6cLj048hVU7ZLJJs6KfRrI&fbclid=IwAR1ROVccPuJNDVm67DvdLA2717zINuMTb-VuzGXjw3BSGRIxkLzkIR7Vw80

Does Greg Abbott know Trump is stealing his bit?

• Like 1

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

Yea what the fuck are they gonna do when NYC says no thanks to paying? 

Was thinking about the imbalance this weekend. Another 4 years of this sort of us v them the fed govt is pursuing could lead to real succession talk from the coasts.  What the hell is the point of being a part of this shit show? CA is already outvoted 20-1 on a senatorial basis by states with 1/3 of the people, and it's only trending worse. NY is a huge donor state. What are they getting out of this arrangement?

• Hook 'Em 7

23 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Was thinking about the imbalance this weekend. Another 4 years of this sort of us v them the fed govt is pursuing could lead to real succession talk from the coasts.  What the hell is the point of being a part of this shit show? CA is already outvoted 20-1 on a senatorial basis by states with 1/3 of the people, and it's only trending worse. NY is a huge donor state. What are they getting out of this arrangement?

yeah but blue states don't really count.

i mean, if you take away the horribly democrat-run blue states, then our covid numbers aren't even that bad compared to lots of places around the world (i can only assume these other countries subtracted their political dissidents and such, seems only fair).

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

*secession

3 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Normal.

im beginning to think that Putin has guaranteed Trump the victory. He needs every vote he can get out of urban areas, in battleground states. 

but if Putin has already shown you the winning numbers, you can be as big an ass as you want 

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I'm SHOCKED.  Fucking mobsters. And here we are.

Over 400 journalists joined together to track the data. It will ebb into the chaos of Trumpworld but a few notable appearances by names you may have heard of during the Impeachment Hearings may resurface Here's a small sample.

• Hook 'Em 1

ha, wow. Promotions all around!

Another top Deutsche executive, Christian Sewing, ran the audit division when one of its teams gave the Moscow office a clean bill of health, despite evidence that it could not even produce a list of its clients, let alone verify that they were who they said they were. Sewing is now Deutsche’s CEO.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Normal.

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Pretty ineffectual according to several sources, including the National Review, whom I am inclined to believe on this one. https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/09/trump-cant-defund-new-york/

It isn't really about defunding. Its about justifying military intervention after stealing the election.  This is the entire reason for trying to paint liberal cities as lawless.

NYC continues to be safer than red state small cities. There is still zero anarchy and very little crime even though crime has gone up some in the middle of this global depression.  That never really mattered though.  

Also, the NYPD aren't really defunded at all. DeBlasio played a shell game. Moved school safety to the DoE.  That's it. The other cuts are part of the across the board cuts the city is making.  And for the NYPD, that means skipping a single recruitment class and little more.  I would be ecstatic if the federal government would fully fund the NYPD on its own.  Pay each cop 500k a year.  Hire more if you want. They will still have to comply with state and municipal regulations.  If that is what Trump really wants to do, I doubt Deblasio and Cuomo would complain.  They'd get the entire NYPD budget back to use for other things. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The move to reduce banking regulations for the benefit of the market was such a stellar idea. If we don't make Warren the AG and support her putting these criminals in jail, then we need to stop pretending we aren't a banana republic already. Fuck these banking assholes if the face with an aids-ridden cock.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

This is a very good post. 
I know a former large county GOP chair who said recently that even though Donald Trump has been forced by the fake news media to drop the issue, he knows that Obama wasn’t born in the US.

This guy says that the polls are all bullshit, that Trump will be re-elected with an outright majority and something like 350 electoral votes, and that he fully expects that prosecuting Obama for his many crimes (including treason and fraud) will be a top priority along with sedition charges for Colin Kaepernick. 

Seriously, he actually believes this. 

Also the China Flu will be gone the day after the election, right?

2 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Is a Jeep CJ-5 or 7 a pickup then?

2 hours ago, sasquatch69 said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/justice-dept-deems-new-york-city-portland-seattle-anarchist-jurisdictions-n1240600

Yeah, like FondrenRoad said, a move towards martial law.  This whole play about those mayors not gaining control.  So we will just stop giving you money to pay your ineffective cops and bring more of our goons in.  

So I have a legal question -- I have a huge, 100-yo oak tree in my front yard that has branches that extend out over the street, literally more than half way across the street.
Would it be legal for me to hang a flag with a political message from one of these branches?

Do you want it cut down for free? Because that could work
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1