Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

No disrespect, but if my political ideology was aligned with these folks I would take a good long look in the mirror.

Also, I am pretty sure it's time to turn the country over to a woman. Men, in general, have had a good run, but WE are the ones who are too far gone.

#TeamWarren

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

On a slightly different topic, do any of you have Showtime? We don't, but I'd sure like to hear opinions if any of you happen to catch this show. First episode is on this Sunday the 27th I believe.

I don’t have showtime but I’m glad they’re making this film. Comey’s story is fascinating b/c he’s neither a villain nor a hero.  Almost like a Game of Thrones character with human flaws, complexity, and internal conflict.  

19 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Comey is a shithead.  That he lost a fight with another shittier person doesn't make him less of a shithead.  He knew what he was doing, he either just didn't care or didn't think the face-eating leopard would eat his face. 

I'm not sure I'd call him a shithead. But a recent example of grand hubris undoing himself and others, hell yeah.  Dude flew too close to the sun.

12 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'm not sure I'd call him a shithead. But a recent example of grand hubris undoing himself and others, hell yeah.  Dude flew too close to the sun.

In a way he has the Megyn Kelly arc.  She was a shithead for the right, spewing hate with a pretty face.  NBC attempted to embrace her, thinking she could connect with women and identify with them and it turns out, she was still a shithead.   

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

Trump capitalized on a very unique moment in history.  There was a rebound effect from a black man being president and the Dems nominating a woman.  Obama was an in-your-face sign that Americans had collectively decided to take another step toward leaving racism behind; Hillary was a sign sexism was fading.  Not just Obama but all politicians not only didn’t pander to racists, they actively denounced them more than any generation of politicians had ever done.  Then Trump came along and spoke directly to the racists and sexists.  There’s a lot of sexists and racists.  Add in the single issue pro-life voters (which were motivated by the potential Supreme Court openings), the “burn it all down” crowd, and combine that with Hillary Clinton uniquely unsuited for the moment, and a threaded-needle electoral college outcome, and here we are.

don't forget the completely selfish affluent crowd that just wants higher stock prices no matter what the price.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Where all the fiscal conservatives at?

Conservative:  Look yes  I was against huge deficit and government spending billions of dollars to fund an election campaign by the president would normally be something I am against, however, after the way the dems treated Kavanough.....

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

He's fucking nuts.

Like a fox. Unless you think his voters and apologists are likely to think “Man, this whole idea that the Mueller investigation was a Deep State coup is just preposterous.” Because I can guarantee you that is NOT their reaction.

It should be. It’s how you’d expect any rational person with a functioning brain to react to Trump’s delusions of persecution. But human beings are not rational, and a whole lot of dumb, dangerous, fascism-craving motherfuckers out there think Trump is right and are all pissed off about this make-believe coup and are driven by these hallucinations to double down on their stupid fucking behavior.

And that is why Trump continues to say this crazy shit.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, BrickHorn said:

Like a fox. Unless you think his voters and apologists are likely to think “Man, this whole idea that the Mueller investigation was a Deep State coup is just preposterous.” Because I can guarantee you that is NOT their reaction.

It should be. It’s how you’d expect any rational person with a functioning brain to react to Trump’s delusions of persecution. But human beings are not rational, and a whole lot of dumb, dangerous, fascism-craving motherfuckers out there think Trump is right and are all pissed off about this make-believe coup and are driven by these hallucinations to double down on their stupid fucking behavior.

And that is why Trump continues to say this crazy shit.

Were you the Surly poster who dropped that article about the dual realities that Americans are experiencing? Whoever that was, hat's off to you because I agree with this take. I don't think you need to bother with all the middle discussion to take Trump right to the Godwin's Law conclusion. He really is an authoritarian fascist person and those irrational folks are ready to follow him right into the Trump Flag Waving Stadiums where on big screens they can watch liberals be locked up while YMCA blasts over the loudspeakers.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. What corrupt leaders look like doesnt matter. When you are greedy and unaccountable, race and gender dont matter. We’ve seen women fake blood test inventions and black men pay off parents of children they molested.

The emphasize should be on ensuring accountability in government and make it more appealing to ethical people. You’ll find less greedy, sociopaths if the grift is not worth the squeeze and public eye. And likely, it’ll result in less white men.

• Hook 'Em 1

Right-thinking Americans, and by that, I don't mean "modern American conservatives", I mean "Americans who think correctly" need to start coming to terms with what it will mean to have a general strike in the United States.  If Biden wins, Trump will almost surely try to execute a coup from a position of power, and the American public needs to know how to react.  Every Biden voter will align.  Some Trump voters will align.  Some who didn't vote will align.  Plenty of Americans will align with Trump.

Don't send your kids to school, don't go to work, and take to the streets in a peaceful manner.  The goal is to put pressure on our institutions -- the military, our state and national legislatures, the courts, etc. -- to recognize the lunacy and act accordingly.  Many politicians won't.  Some will surprise.  Know this:  worldwide, well over half of attempted coups have historically failed, and they usually do so within a few days.  It is a difficult exercise to pull off.  Fortunately, Trump is a horrible leader and is incapable of planning anything that requires logistical precision, but some of his henchmen (Barr and Miller in particular) are NOT so stupid.  

Talk to your family and friends about what could happen.  I'm dead serious.  This is a possibility.  I hope I'm wrong, for multiple reasons.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

After a little optimism, I'm back on the ledge. All of this, this unchecked bullshit spewing straight from the cult leader, just outrageous lie upon lie...it's just too much. There's no way to combat it. I woke up last night around 3, feeling anxious about the shit you KNOW Barr will pull as far as his bullshit October surprise with the whole Biden thing. You know it's coming, and it's going to be big and also an outrageous lie, but they have nothing to lose with going huge with an outrageously false scenario. That, as we've already seen, can easily tip the election. And Trump will either "win" or actually win. That's where I am today. Happy Friday. 

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Right-thinking Americans, and by that, I don't mean "modern American conservatives", I mean "Americans who think correctly" need to start coming to terms with what it will mean to have a general strike in the United States.  If Biden wins, Trump will almost surely try to execute a coup from a position of power, and the American public needs to know how to react.  Every Biden voter will align.  Some Trump voters will align.  Some who didn't vote will align.  Plenty of Americans will align with Trump.

Don't send your kids to school, don't go to work, and take to the streets in a peaceful manner.  The goal is to put pressure on our institutions -- the military, our state and national legislatures, the courts, etc. -- to recognize the lunacy and act accordingly.  Many politicians won't.  Some will surprise.  Know this:  worldwide, well over half of attempted coups have historically failed, and they usually do so within a few days.  It is a difficult exercise to pull off.  Fortunately, Trump is a horrible leader and is incapable of planning anything that requires logistical precision, but some of his henchmen (Barr and Miller in particular) are NOT so stupid.  

Talk to your family and friends about what could happen.  I'm dead serious.  This is a possibility.  I hope I'm wrong, for multiple reasons.

don't know if this has been covered upthread or in other threads, last night the senate said no coup.....

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/unanimous-senate-commits-peaceful-transfer-power-trump-refuses/story?id=73216758

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

don't know if this has been covered upthread or in other threads, last night the senate said no coup.....

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/unanimous-senate-commits-peaceful-transfer-power-trump-refuses/story?id=73216758

They also all took an oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.  We can see how seriously GOP Senators take their promises.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

So many of the hand-wringing about this upcoming election rigging could so easily be solved if some patriotic American would just understand that the food suppliers at Mar-a-Lago don't undergo any extra scrutiny.  Just what the local health dept. inspects.  It's not like the White House food supply which undergoes amazing security protocol.  And typically when traveling, a sitting POTUS' food is hard to tamper with simply because details aren't revealed until the last minute rending any efforts futile.  But when a guy eats at the same fucking resort in Florida 127 times during his presidency...it's not Rocket Surgery.  That Ben E. Keith truck ain't hard to break into.  Sure, several innocent resort guests may suffer as a result...but what's the old saying, "You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs."  I'm not saying to fuck with the omelette station, that's too cliche.  Plus, nobody dreams of being the omelette chef, you wanna be the chef-chef.  Now instead of giving the orders, he's taking the orders from your stupid wife and your ugly kids.  

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

So many of the hand-wringing about this upcoming election rigging could so easily be solved if some patriotic American would just understand that the food suppliers at Mar-a-Lago don't undergo any extra scrutiny.  Just what the local health dept. inspects.  It's not like the White House food supply which undergoes amazing security protocol.  And typically when traveling, a sitting POTUS' food is hard to tamper with simply because details aren't revealed until the last minute rending any efforts futile.  But when a guy eats at the same fucking resort in Florida 127 times during his presidency...it's not Rocket Surgery.  That Ben E. Keith truck ain't hard to break into.  Sure, several innocent resort guests may suffer as a result...but what's the old saying, "You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs."  I'm not saying to fuck with the omelette station, that's too cliche.  Plus, nobody dreams of being the omelette chef, you wanna be the chef-chef.  Now instead of giving the orders, he's taking the orders from your stupid wife and your ugly kids.  

Looks like someone just made it on the watch list. 

32 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Shout at the Devil!  🤘

Well, speaking of Sun Devils, #45 says he saved football out west... Ok, we still get #PACAfterDark, right.?!

I'm not really sure how this would impact the presidential election, as SEC area is already locked up.??

10 minutes ago, Lobo said:

What's the average age of folks that eat at Mar-a-Lago?  Most of them are going to die soon anyway ...

Is that how that's done?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Looks like someone just made it on the watch list. 

Yes, but it's under my alias.  Chef Ben E. Keith.  Though I sometimes operate under my Latin alias, Jeronimo Martins.  

9 minutes ago, Chooky said:

2020 is the new 666.

2020/666=3.  Trump is the 45th president.  45/that 3=15.  15th President was Buchanan who assumed office after Pearce, which by the way was the reason I worried Trump would beat Clinton.  Fun fact most of us now know by rote---the last time a Democrat President was elected to succeed another, living Democrat President was Buchanan succeeding Pearce.  174 years later, it still has not happened again.  Every other Democrat has either taken over because the other Democrat in the room was fucking dead, or they were taking over for a Republican.  Not a single living Democrat President (having served 1 term, or even 3) has ever passed the Oath of Office to another Democrat in 174 years.  Best chance you have of seeing it in your lifetime is Joe Biden getting elected and living through his first term (god willing) and then simply not seeking the renomination and handing it off to somebody else in his party. 

Otherwise, it's been one fuck up after another and I've usually laughed at them but this last one because he's a false Messiah truly cost my country.  And that's why I'm team Joe Biden.  Other than some "Imperial Entanglements" mucking up the election as my election attorney, Ben Kenobi, warned me about.  My real worry is the violence coming down on this nation in a few weeks.  This is not gonna be good.