Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

7 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

I have believed for a few years now, with 100% sincerity and not a hint of sarcasm, that the Rock would be the most formidable Presidential candidate of anyone in the country.  We love celebrity, and he has the best persona and best speaking presence of all of them.  

His wrestling background would also be a perfect fit for what politics has become, sadly.   He’d cut opponents down to size and wreck them 100 times better in one 10 second soundbyte than Rush, Trump, Pelosi, or any political consultant on either side could ever dream of doing with 4 hours of airtime. 

Movie stars and athletes should stick to entertaining us, not commenting on politics. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go check the latest Twitter posts by James Woods and Scott Baio.

• Hook 'Em 5

Sure, but none of that shit mattered. We didn't realize that Paris Hilton could have beat him because she has a better name. America wants a king. It's gonna end up being bezos because he keeps getting bigger while we fuck around. 

Americans like charisma. It’s what got Clinton, Obama, and yes Trump elected. I can’t figure out why the Democrats can’t find another Obama to nominate.

11 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Americans like charisma. It’s what got Clinton, Obama, and yes Trump elected. I can’t figure out why the Democrats can’t find another Obama to nominate.

Qasim Rasheed is charismatic and smart, but unfortunately can't run for President. He is running for Congress in Virginia, though, and I hope he is successful.

7 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Can we all just step back for a moment and appreciate the level of incompetence it requires for someone to inherit / have daddy pay for massive real estate holdings in Manhattan in the 1970s and 1980s, and somehow parlay that into multiple bankruptcies and losing millions of dollars every year 40 years later?   The ROI of Fred Trump investments has to be like 1,000x, while the ROI for Donald’s management of the family business isn’t even able to be expressed in numbers.  It’s most accurately described as somewhere between “waking up in a bath tub without a kidney” and “sucking dick for coke.”

Had he just taken the inheritance and invested it in an S&P Index fund, he'd be significantly richer.  He lost money in NYC real estate during the biggest run up in its history of the past 30 years.  Now he evidently owes a $100M balloon payment on Trump Tower when the Manhattan real estate market has legitimately crashed and might take years to recover.

I've said this before but there are plenty of celebrity business people in our country.  Most of them have something interesting to say.  Donald Trump has never been that.  When have you heard "Coming up after the break we have Donald Trump" and thought you might want to hang around to hear his thoughts on things?  Me?  Never, and that has nothing to do with his politics.  He's just not very smart and a shitty businessman. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I'd agree with this.  The story to Trump isn't the tax avoidance, it's that he's poor.  He billionaire class keep score and now we all know what's long been suspected.  He's poor.

Yep.

We were told that he was a great choice because he's a successful businessman!  He's not.  He's fucking broke, and leveraged out the ass.

We were told that he was a great choice because he wasn't a "corrupt swamp creature."  He's actually perhaps the most criminal, corrupt swamp creature DC has ever seen.

We were told that he would put "America first."  He hasn't -- he's done the only thing he's ever done, and the only thing he is capable of doing: put Trump first.

Not only are all the reasons Trump was touted not true.....they're the exact OPPOSITE of true.    His fucking moronic base would have us voting for Hervé Villechaize becaues he's tall, Louie Anderson because he's skinny, and Simple Jack because he's smart.

If you're a Trump supporter, there are only three possibilities: 1) you're dumb as a fucking stump, 2) you're a complete shitheel, or 3) some combination of both.  At best, you got conned -- completely, and totally.  And the conned can never admit they got conned.....they can only double down on it.  Fucking morons.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

Tax experts can you help me understand this?  Seems like he deducts the consulting fee. She declares the income.  No net tax savings other than payroll which she’s likely maxed anyway because of her w2 comp exceeding the fica limit.  Is there something that I’m missing on the income tax side?  Or is this about avoiding other taxes like gift or inheritance?  Thanks in advance. 

3 minutes ago, brown water said:

Tax experts can you help me understand this?  Seems like he deducts the consulting fee. She declares the income.  No net tax savings other than payroll which she’s likely maxed anyway because of her w2 comp exceeding the fica limit.  Is there something that I’m missing on the income tax side?  Or is this about avoiding other taxes like gift or inheritance?  Thanks in advance. 

I'm not a CPA or a tax lawyer but I would say she's deducting a lot of personal expenses for her "consulting" business.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, brown water said:

I think the problem is if she was paid regular salary (deductible business expense) and they also claimed it was consulting fees (deductible expense).

Seems like an accounting error not some rampant fraud. I’m sure there’s bigger fraud fish in those returns.

Also not a CPA or a tax lawyer. But if you write off business expenses, it has to be the reasonable value of the expenses. And they have to be genuine. You can’t just pay your family members for “consulting” when they provided five minutes of shitty advice one. Or write off consulting expenses in the high six figures for a job that in the open market would cost you $5,000.

1 minute ago, NoRagrets said:

I think the problem is if she was paid regular salary (deductible business expense) and they also claimed it was consulting fees (deductible expense).

Seems like an accounting error not some rampant fraud. I’m sure there’s bigger fraud fish in those returns.

That's pretty cute for a Monday morning.

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I wonder what justification we'll get from the republicans on this. It's beyond the pale, and this behavior is something that trump has been found guilty of previously in court already. 

Lulz. Justification? That's rich. They don't care. Bullshit is their brand, naked power is their goal, shameless hypocrisy is a feature, not a bug. 

8 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Can we all just step back for a moment and appreciate the level of incompetence it requires for someone to inherit / have daddy pay for massive real estate holdings in Manhattan in the 1970s and 1980s, and somehow parlay that into multiple bankruptcies and losing millions of dollars every year 40 years later?   The ROI of Fred Trump investments has to be like 1,000x, while the ROI for Donald’s management of the family business isn’t even able to be expressed in numbers.  It’s most accurately described as somewhere between “waking up in a bath tub without a kidney” and “sucking dick for coke.”

I LOST MILLIONS IN REAL ESTATE!

ASK ME HOW!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

The only saving grace is that I don't think they have really figured out how to completely steal the election. Too many moving pieces and too much state oversight. 

i really hope you are right on this point, because it is really what the future of the country depends on.  they are telling us straight to our faces (repeatedly) that they plan to  steal the election, and no one is really doing a thing about it.

and if they pull it off, there will be no real consequences.  i mean, there will be media outrage and lots of hand wringing among politicians, and some protests, sure - but, just like there was with all of the other crimes, acts of treason, abject failures, and wholly anti-democratic acts by the Trump admin and Republicans, but...that will be it.

38 minutes ago, NoRagrets said:

lol come on man there's no way you typed that with a straight face

37 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Also not a CPA or a tax lawyer. But if you write off business expenses, it has to be the reasonable value of the expenses. And they have to be genuine. You can’t just pay your family members for “consulting” when they provided five minutes of shitty advice one. Or write off consulting expenses in the high six figures for a job that in the open market would cost you $5,000.

4 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

they are telling us straight to our faces (repeatedly) that they plan to  steal the election, and no one is really doing a thing about it.

“We want to get rid of the ballots, and we’ll have a very peaceful — there won’t be a transfer, frankly. There’ll be a continuation.”

This actual quote, from the fucking president of the united states, is all you need to know.  That's it -- we don't need to know anything else.  The GOP is the party of anti-democracy, of fascism, of authoritarianism.

The GOP and its president are enemies of the state.  That quote is something that fucking tinpot dictators actually have the decency to avoid saying -- but the Trump GOP, well, they say the quiet part out loud.

If the GOP makes an actual effort to "get rid of ballots" -- ANY ballots -- this country should burn.  Parts of it should burn to the fucking ground.  The GOP has declared war on the Rule of Law, they have declared war on the very concept of a democratic republic.  They are an enemy who needs to be not just defeated, but completely destroyed so that it can do no further harm.

Any elected official who has an (R) next to their name is complicit, and a traitor to every concept that makes this democratic republic great.  They should wear a scarlet T for the remainder of their days.  At the end of which, they should burn in hell, because they betrayed an entire nation, an entire people, for transitory power.  Fuck them all.  ALL OF THEM.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

i really hope you are right on this point, because it is really what the future of the country depends on.  they are telling us straight to our faces (repeatedly) that they plan to  steal the election, and no one is really doing a thing about it.

and if they pull it off, there will be no real consequences.  i mean, there will be media outrage and lots of hand wringing among politicians, and some protests, sure - but, just like there was with all of the other crimes, acts of treason, abject failures, and wholly anti-democratic acts by the Trump admin and Republicans, but...that will be it.

I hear ya man. We have watched Trump and his cronies pull this shit off like 37 times, but for some reason, I shouldn't expect a 38th time? Trump has basically already delegitimized the  election in the eyes of his supporters. Its a foregone conclusion how this is going to go. The Senate, the DOJ, and the SC are all going to do what they do. 

• Like 1

So, my Fox News addled father-in-law was carping in general Saturday about some Senate republicans not doing well in their respective races, and then, for whatever reason, turned his focus to the race in Arizona between Kelley and McSally.  He ranted in general about it for about 5 minutes and then said, "The only reason Scott Kelley is doing well in that race is because he had the good fortune of his wife getting shot in the head".

We left their house, and I told my wife we won't be going back for some time.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, NoRagrets said:

You're right about one thing -- there are definitely bigger fish in those returns.  The fact that the president of the US has a giant personal liability to unknown persons is disqualifying.  He should never have been elected based on that fact alone.  In fact, I think a good piece of legislation (may have to be state-by-state) is a requirement that any candidate for president must disclose all debts he owes personally, gaurantees, etc.  All of them.  Down to the monthly balance on his Chevron card.

As for the fraud of consulting fees......back when I was in school, I helped out a family friend who had business interests in Mexico.   All I did was reconcile expenses and put them in the right account.  One evening, I was left with one check - a pretty big one - to a Colonel Gomez.  I went in to the boss, and asked him what account does this go to -- what is this for?  He chuckled -- "it's our monthly mordida -- what we have to pay to stay in business."  "Oh.....ok.  Do we have an account for that?"  He chuckled again  "yeah....consulting."

"Consulting" is one of the biggest red flags in any audit: IRS, private (financial controls), etc.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Just look at Belarus. Protesters are assaulted, carted away, locked up. (over 500 this weekend at protests. Over 7000 overall) When officials within government objected to the election outcome, Putin sent over his own people to aid Lukashenko.

The citizens have been protesting as many as 200,000 strong for over 7 weeks and still Lukashenko is in office. Europe has objected, opposition members have had to flee or have been arrested and still Lukashenko is in office.

If they (GOP/Trump) are really following Putin's model, then yes nothing is going to happen because while the world watches Belarus so it watches America. We aren't helping Belarus in any meaningful way and we don't seem to be on track to help ourselves.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I'd agree with this.  The story to Trump isn't the tax avoidance, it's that he's poor.  He billionaire class keep score and now we all know what's long been suspected.  He's poor.

If there's one attack that will deflate/infuriate Trump, it's amplifying that he's broke. Hammer it home. He's a shitty businessman. He's a failure. Never stop throwing that jab. Enough body shots will make him falter. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I think the press should stop focusing on who gave Trump the loans. Even thought it could lead somewhere bad. Let reporters or whoever dig into that and find something. The focus should now be on the actual tax fraud he clearly committed. It's right there in black and white. The consulting fees. They need to have accountants and former IRS people plainly pointing out that it's tax fraud and should be investigated and charged. 

8 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Just look at Belarus. Protesters are assaulted, carted away, locked up. (over 500 this weekend at protests. Over 7000 overall) When officials within government objected to the election outcome, Putin sent over his own people to aid Lukashenko.

The citizens have been protesting as many as 200,000 strong for over 7 weeks and still Lukashenko is in office. Europe has objected, opposition members have had to flee or have been arrested and still Lukashenko is in office.

If they (GOP/Trump) are really following Putin's model, then yes nothing is going to happen because while the world watches Belarus so it watches America. We aren't helping Belarus in any meaningful way and we don't seem to be on track to help ourselves.

We have firearms and don't store them at the police station.  

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

If there's one attack that will deflate/infuriate Trump, it's amplifying that he's broke. Hammer it home. He's a shitty businessman. He's a failure. Never stop throwing that jab. Enough body shots will make him falter. 

That's the main reason I'm going to watch the debates - I think that there is a non-zero chance that Trump finally strokes out, and I'll have the champagne chilling just in case.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

It was the one thing in his Comedy Central Roast that comedians were not allowed to joke about. 

5 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I think the press should stop focusing on who gave Trump the loans. Even thought it could lead somewhere bad. Let reporters or whoever dig into that and find something. The focus should now be on the actual tax fraud he clearly committed. It's right there in black and white. The consulting fees. They need to have accountants and former IRS people plainly pointing out that it's tax fraud and should be investigated and charged. 

No.  They need to discover who his master is and when that is confirmed (Saudi/Russia - both?) and clearly link his actions to his debt fully exposing his relationship.   The tax fraud is under the IRS/Feds which have been compromised by the abdication of law and order for the members of one party.    

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You're right about one thing -- there are definitely bigger fish in those returns.  The fact that the president of the US has a giant personal liability to unknown persons is disqualifying.  He should never have been elected based on that fact alone.  In fact, I think a good piece of legislation (may have to be state-by-state) is a requirement that any candidate for president must disclose all debts he owes personally, gaurantees, etc.  All of them.  Down to the monthly balance on his Chevron card.

As for the fraud of consulting fees......back when I was in school, I helped out a family friend who had business interests in Mexico.   All I did was reconcile expenses and put them in the right account.  One evening, I was left with one check - a pretty big one - to a Colonel Gomez.  I went in to the boss, and asked him what account does this go to -- what is this for?  He chuckled -- "it's our monthly mordida -- what we have to pay to stay in business."  "Oh.....ok.  Do we have an account for that?"  He chuckled again  "yeah....consulting."

"Consulting" is one of the biggest red flags in any audit: IRS, private (financial controls), etc.

At this point I truly wouldn't be shocked if somewhere in Trump's tax returns he was paying a consulting fee to Clarence Beeks so he can corner the market on frozen concentrated orange juice.  Trump is a criminal through and through.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yep, you often see that one cited along with some ties between the other Kennedy kid and Peter Thiel.

Very black helicopters.

I know, and as I mentioned the simplest explanation (coordinated pressure by various Trumps and Jared) is often closest to the truth. Stephanie Ruhle had come out with a more in- depth analysis of his work at the bank (she had worked there as well). Part of my suspicion deals/dealt with the transactional nature of Trump and that the relationship with Justin continued after Kennedy left the bank and started his own firm. However, there are no known sources who will cop to anything illegal or out of the ordinary by Justin so yes, a little conspiracy theory when it is most likely just the way they all move in the same upper class circles doing business with each other.

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

At this point I truly wouldn't be shocked if somewhere in Trump's tax returns he was paying a consulting fee to Clarence Beeks so he can corner the market on frozen concentrated orange juice.  Trump is a criminal through and through.

Trump LOVES Clarence Beeks.  He used to watch him on The Gorilla Channel....

DmidrpXU0AEKt2o.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

This might be a good time to remind everyone of the Crystal Mason case- the woman who thought she could vote and cast a provisional ballot that was never counted due to a previous felony conviction and sentenced to another 5 years in prison.

Her original conviction? Tax fraud.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/20/crystal-mason-texas-upholds-sentence-voter-suppression

Edited by Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

In typical 'he's the victim' logic, they actually are blaming the IRS on social media. So, you're spot on.

Yep.  They're also saying "oh yeah?  If they thought he committed tax fraud, the IRS would be all over it!"  When you reply with "yeah, umm, the IRS has had an active investigation into this for a while now"......crickets.

Repeated for emphasis: Trump supporters are SO.  FUCKING.  STUPID.