Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm there are people here with more social media ad experience than me, but I don't believe that you can target consumers on Facebook by ethnicity. In fact, I don't think that an user even identifies their ethnicity on Facebook, or other mainstream social media sites. Now that doesn't mean that an advertiser cannot surmise the likelihood that you're African American or another race.  They would most likely make a few mistakes but be right more often than not. 

Dude, come on. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

Don't get me wrong, I know it's bullshit but from a quick gander of my facebook feed and on the conservative news outlets, this is being spun as "Ehh, all rich people do this.".  So at a bare minimum, if his camp and his voter base want to try to pick some angle that makes him not look incompetent, they are going to have to choose to go down the path of "He is just such a savvy businessman, he's using every loophole available to avoid paying taxes" which should piss John Q Public off. My statement was more this shit has been broken for years but now we will get more eyeballs on one of root causes of the problem.

I think the issue is a combo of the following:

Tax code favoring the wealthy (duh)
Tax manipulation/evasion
Shitty business acumen

Hassan Minaj did a very nice episode on the tax breaks of philanthropy and how it is used as a shield.    If I promise to donate $400 million in stock to the Red Cross, then I get to claim all $400 million in credit, even if I didn't actually give the stock away.  If the value of the stock drops to $4 by the time I actually donate it, well, I still get to keep that $400 million charitable donation on the books.     So I think I will promise to donate my next new car to charity and after I run it into the ground.

3 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

What the last 24 hours will amount to:

Sane people:  OMG!  Trump has been committing tax fraud for decades that leaves him paying less in taxes than a homeless street urchin!

Trump supporters:  OMG!  Biden won’t pee in a cup!

53 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

There are rumblings that the Corker Kickback was part of the plan to avoid taxation for the President (and like minded politicians increasing their wealth through government service). 

reminder on what the Corker Kickback was here:

https://www.ibtimes.com/political-capital/donald-trump-gop-leaders-could-be-enriched-last-minute-tax-break-inserted-final

I read an article a year or so ago about how real estate has become the preferred method of bribery of public officials. It usually goes something like this: Lets say Jimmy and Bob are big time home builders, and they want to make it really hard for a person to sue their builder for building them a shitty McMansion. Jimmy donates a decent enough amount of money to get invited to a lot of fundraisers for a certain political party. Say Jimmy goes to one of these shindigs and meets the governor, and has a long conversation about how hard it is to run a successful homebuilding business because "those people" always want to sue for every little thing, and what we really should do is pass some kind of tort reform legislation to make it harder for those free loaders always trying to bring down the winners of the world. Say, by the way governor, do you invest in real estate? You really should, great way to make money you know. Hey, if you're interested I know of a real nice piece of land that just hit the market. It would be a great development opportunity in the future (wink, wink). So the Governor buys a nice piece of land for $500,000, financed with very favorable terms by an LLC that's "run" by Bob's mistress, a day shift stripper named Jasmine or some shit. The Governor sits on the land for a year or two, all the while championing the cause of Tort Reform to the adherents of his party until he convinces 52% of the voting citizens of his state to vote it into law, thus protecting Jimmy and Bob from consequences for building a shitty house. Shortly after, the Governor sells said piece of real estate for $1,000,000 to a 3rd party, arranged by Bob, he makes $500K on what amounts to a $30K "Investment" and Michael Dell ends up with a kick-ass estate.  

Edited by Pescado_Rojo

Does Trump actually expect this bizarre drug angle to land punches on Biden? The only people who are scared and out-of-touch enough to believe that Biden is either 1) on illegal drugs or 2) not taking the same old-man drugs that Trump is, are already Trump voters. Nobody in rational society actually gives any credit to that. I would be surprised if Trump voters on here believe it. 

5 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Hassan Minaj did a very nice episode on the tax breaks of philanthropy and how it is used as a shield.    If I promise to donate $400 million in stock to the Red Cross, then I get to claim all $400 million in credit, even if I didn't actually give the stock away.  If the value of the stock drops to $4 by the time I actually donate it, well, I still get to keep that $400 million charitable donation on the books.     So I think I will promise to donate my next new car to charity and after I run it into the ground.

I'm not sure this is 100% accurate. You can't just pledge something and take it as a credit. You might be able to donate stock and retain control within a foundation but it's not yours to pull back as you please without a tax implication.

2 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Really, that's the real criminal here... GOP 

Not what I was getting at, but I'm sure it is a talking point. I was just curious in a totally not "just asking questions"kind of way. 

From the NYT article, they stated that they also had a war chest of other documents collected that allowed them to fill in some of the blanks.  The NYT would also probably have Trumps State of New York returns which will be almost carbon copies of the federal returns.

I gather that banks, attorneys, accountants, etc. do a lot to prevent their clients' information from being leaked but that is tough in an environment when everyone is walking around with a data collection device in their pocket or on their wrist.

You can restrict and monitor who can access data. You can attempt to lock up phones. But all it takes is one slip up with security, and a client's data can be copied. And now that so many people are working from home and accessing data, it's naïve to think employee's can't copy data if they want.

6 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Does Trump actually expect this bizarre drug angle to land punches on Biden? The only people who are scared and out-of-touch enough to believe that Biden is either 1) on illegal drugs or 2) not taking the same old-man drugs that Trump is, are already Trump voters. Nobody in rational society actually gives any credit to that. I would be surprised if Trump voters on here believe it. 

See this is kind of the point. It will have no effect whatsoever. None of this shit does. The GOP knows they will lose the election, so 100% of their real efforts are geared towards invalidating the election after the fact. But Trump knows it would be strange if he wasn't campaigning at all 6 weeks before the election, so this is how he pretends to campaign. He knows he has nothing substantive to contribute to the debate over meaningful issues. He's just going through the motions at this point, and the campaign probably doesn't really care what he chooses to riff on. Their efforts are focused on addressing the election results after the fact. Let the moron drone on and rehash his greatest hits, they got real work to do. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Neonmoon said:

FINALLY someone calling people out in real time. Stop making baseless accusations against the press you piece of shit. 

well, the biden camp had some shit locked and loaded, so either they were the leak, or they had access to the source material. not that there is anything wrong with that. we should have known this shit years ago.

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

i figured that's when they got word he had been holding a loaded gun?

he was shirtless in shorts. but maybe they didn't understand that parscale was trying to take them to the gun show.

1 minute ago, Dark Horse said:

Welcome back from your coma. Oh boy, do I have some stories for you. 

no, i get it. i just feel like it has to be called out no matter who personally satisfied i may have been seeing it. but for the grace of god that could be you or me.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

i figured that's when they got word he had been holding a loaded gun?

This is why cops get a bad but deserved reputation. Maybe Parscale was juggling loaded handguns a few minutes prior to the police arriving but he was only standing there talking to an officer.  There was no reason to tackle him. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

This is why cops get a bad rap. Maybe Parscale was juggling loaded handguns a few minutes prior to the police arriving but he was only standing there talking to an officer.  There was no reason to tackle him. 

exactly. they had him armed with a sweet cold bud light, had him surrounded and speaking like a reasonable person. he's shirtless in shorts (with no belt, jesus christ), that were way to tight for his fat sloppy ass, and they could see if he had any handgun. no reason at all to tackle him.

6 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

exactly. they had him armed with a sweet cold bud light, had him surrounded and speaking like a reasonable person. he's shirtless in shorts (with no belt, jesus christ), that were way to tight for his fat sloppy ass, and they could see if he had any handgun. no reason at all to tackle him.

Gotta say. My respect level for ol' Brad went up a tad when I saw that. Just strolling out to talk to the cops with a cold beer, power move. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Trump isn't very smart, but he has mastered basic cons. This con is one of the simplest: make a demand that sounds reasonable, but which you can ensure will work out in your favor. That's it, that's the entire con. It's so simple that it can even fit in Trump's puny attention span.

In this case, either Joe Biden agrees to his drug test, and they manipulate the results to show a false positive, or Biden does not agree to Trump's drug test, and Trump wins. This is as far as Trump probably thinks this through before he decides to employ it, but we can extrapolate some of the obvious benefits, such as Trump getting to walk away from the debates without consequence, or being emboldened to now escalate his accusations of Biden's drug abuse.

But it's really important to note while Trump probably gleefully basks in all of these possibilities after the con is underway, he really is too much of a complete idiot to actually manipulate any particular outcome out of the situation.

Another con he's used for years: plant a story. "Wouldn't it be really nice if someone planted a story for us alleging that Biden's son engaged in corruption in Ukraine?"

Yet another con: launch a wild accusation way out of left field, i.e. birtherism. His lackeys, many of whom are much smarter than he is, probably relish the mental gymnastics involved with conjuring support for his preposterous nonsense.

All of this to say two things:

1. Trump doesn't have the mental capacity, nor the people skills, to gauge the reaction people who aren't his cult worshippers will have to his actions. He doesn't bother with that. So, he probably doesn't even consider ahead of time whether he thinks this kind of thing will "land punches" on Biden.

2. These tactics nevertheless consistently work. Maybe Joe Biden doesn't end up with egg on his face here, but if Trump gets to avoid a debate he can't win, and continue the "Biden is senile and propped up with drugs" angle, it's a net positive for him.

15 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

Between the titties and Parscales getting form tackled, that was a very satisfying video.*

*Total bullshit the cop escalated the situation like that,  but if police brutality is going to happen to somebody, let it be Parscales. 

I was going to make the same comment...from the tittays to the unexpected tackle, this was surprisingly entertaining.  Just hoping everyone associated with Trump's misdoings goes down like this.

image.thumb.png.19f3131e43af815eb3695878a8d695be.png

Edited by OU Sucks

49 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

Don't get me wrong, I know it's bullshit but from a quick gander of my facebook feed and on the conservative news outlets, this is being spun as "Ehh, all rich people do this.".  So at a bare minimum, if his camp and his voter base want to try to pick some angle that makes him not look incompetent, they are going to have to choose to go down the path of "He is just such a savvy businessman, he's using every loophole available to avoid paying taxes" which should piss John Q Public off. My statement was more this shit has been broken for years but now we will get more eyeballs on one of root causes of the problem.

I think the issue is a combo of the following:

Tax code favoring the wealthy (duh)
Tax manipulation/evasion
Shitty business acumen

I'm sure the super-rich really appreciate dotard's incompetence drawing even more attention to the fact they are fucking over all of us.

23 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

The disconnect average FOX viewers have with reality is stunning.  A friend of mine from HS is still hanging around our old town.  He's a legitimately good guy, but he's lived his entire life in small town America and he doesn't know better.  I haven't seen him in probably 35 years.

Today on a Facebook thread about Trump's wealth he said he thought the real issue was Joe Biden and Kamala Harris' wealth, because "public servants" shouldn't be able to get rich.

I mean, there was absolutely no fact checking on his part.  In about 3 minutes I pointed out that (a) Biden acquired almost all of his "wealth" (something like $9M, not exactly rolling in 24 caret gold plumbing fixtures) on book and speaking gigs after serving as VP and (b) Harris' husband makes over $1M annual as an attorney.

I just don't get it.  Nothing is ever questioned.

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The disconnect average FOX viewers have with reality is stunning.  A friend of mine from HS is still hanging around our old town.  He's a legitimately good guy, but he's lived his entire life in small town America and he doesn't know better.  I haven't seen him in probably 35 years.

Today on a Facebook thread about Trump's wealth he said he thought the real issue was Joe Biden and Kamala Harris' wealth, because "public servants" shouldn't be able to get rich.

I mean, there was absolutely no fact checking on his part.  In about 3 minutes I pointed out that (a) Biden acquired almost all of his "wealth" (something like $9M, not exactly rolling in 24 caret gold plumbing fixtures) on book and speaking gigs after serving as VP and (b) Harris' husband makes over $1M annual as an attorney.

The simple answer is they are all morons.  The more complex answer is.....they are all morons.

• Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I've always found that humorous. "How did so-in-so politician get so rich? Explain that to me, they must have stole money from tax payers, how else could it be possible" Well, that person you are referring to gets paid $100K per speech and their last book sold 4 million copies. Sooo, you want me to do that math for you? 

Edited by Lagunamadre

9 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

I was going to make the same comment...from the tittays to the unexpected tackle, this was surprisingly entertaining.  Just hoping everyone associated with Trump's misdoings goes down like this.

image.thumb.png.19f3131e43af815eb3695878a8d695be.png

I'll never celebrate cops using excessive force. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

<steel >Hey I've tackled a man for a cold bud light<shank>

37 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

well, the biden camp had some shit locked and loaded, so either they were the leak, or they had access to the source material. not that there is anything wrong with that. we should have known this shit years ago.

There was a story a year or so ago detailing dotard's huge losses and write-offs.  I never saw the $750 tax payment number until yesterday but the debts and business losses are nothing new.

• Hook 'Em 1