Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

13 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Some would point out he was ordered to get on the ground 4 times over the course of 4-5 seconds, to which he was not compliant.

A lot of Republicans and autocrats would, yes. 

Not trying to be a dick to you or anything. Just saying, as much of a scumbag as he is, my first takeaway from that video was typical excessive force by police.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

If something big drops tomorrow, then the debate ain't happening.

Nah.  Trump would come out and just throwing shit.  Proof of UraniumOne conspiring with Hunter.  Maybe some advanced QAnon theories that no one has thought of.  Anything to change the conversation. 

What did they have that was locked and loaded? Everything I’ve seen is stuff that could be produced on the spot. I’m sure their marketing team has a few people on standby at all times to whip something up the minute a story breaks. With a library of stock footage and canned trump footage and some after effects templates set up ahead of time I could knock out a quick video on pretty much any topic in under 30 mins. And that’s just by myself. I’m sure their team has sat around and thought about a couple dozen topics that news might break on, have a library of canned images and footage of everyone in trump’s orbit and the second a new story breaks the copywriter calls into the designer and says “here’s the text. Give me images of a, b, and c with soft piano in the background. Send me a link to review in 10 mins”

If they don’t have that stuff ready to run immediately, especially on something like his tax returns, they would be massively failing at their job. On an issue that has been a major point for years, the videos/ads should’ve been 95%+ complete already

5 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

If they don’t have that stuff ready to run immediately, especially on something like his tax returns, they would be massively failing at their job. On an issue that has been a major point for years, the videos/ads should’ve been 95%+ complete already

Exactly. The one that I saw Biden retweet could have been sitting in the hopper completely ready to go other than the dollar amount that trump paid. 

6 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

I hate unverified twitter getting my hopes up. Spill it or shut up.

I kind of like the cascade of shit strategy where a new load drops on Trump's head just as he's wiped most of the previous load off.  It is highly fucking appropriate given that it is how he has treated the majority of Americans since his election.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Goredho said:

I kind of like the cascade of shit strategy where a new load drops on Trump's head just as he's wiped most of the previous load off.  It is highly fucking appropriate given that it is how he has treated the majority of Americans since his election.

AKA the Nicklebackodean Slimeshit Strategy. I like it. Can I haz a laughtrack to go with it? Or Benny Hill music? It doesn't show proper respect for the office, but neither has he.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I have no idea how reliable this tweeter feed is, but it fits with others posted here. 

So what are we thinking here?  New stuff by the NYT re taxes?  Source of the disappearing campaign funds?

Hard to believe its going to  hid harder than the $750 thing, even though as a CPA I don't think that in and of itself is not such a big deal.  But couple that with 2018 story that had $4.4 billion in losses 1985-95, and all of the dodgy deductions.

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

AKA the Nicklebackodean Slimeshit Strategy. I like it. Can I haz a laughtrack to go with it? Or Benny Hill music? It doesn't show proper respect for the office, but neither has he.

Sure, that fits right in line with the realization of the Idiocracy prophecy.

1 hour ago, Lagunamadre said:

Ironically, Brad Parscale will raise more awareness for police brutality for 40% of this country than BLM ever could. Tucker Carlson will probably spend a week covering this. 

Hey Trump supporters....

spacer.png

Shit. Shouldn't post and then scroll!

I'm there are people here with more social media ad experience than me, but I don't believe that you can target consumers on Facebook by ethnicity. In fact, I don't think that an user even identifies their ethnicity on Facebook, or other mainstream social media sites. Now that doesn't mean that an advertiser cannot surmise the likelihood that you're African American or another race.  They would most likely make a few mistakes but be right more often than not. 

You can’t directly. But you can indirectly via a software stack called a CDP which aggregates non related data like income, zip code, and grocery store data, demographics, health data and website tracking data.

Using those is very easy to drill down and then use your target audiences for digital ad buys.

Lots of companies (and agencies) sell this kind of adtech. I used to sell it to pharma companies.

4 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Cue the quote of Trump in a deposition from one of the plethora of times he’s been sued literally answering that his personal net worth is all brand goodwill and literally should be calculated based on what Trump feels his brand is worth.   He literally says it fluctuates based on how he feels.

He has known he’s fucked for years, decades even.  Bullshit conman spiels like this are the only play he has.  But he knows the lenders don’t give a shit, and to make matters worse now he’s probably indebted to shady foreign ones with ties to mobsters and oligarchs because the good lenders don’t keep coming back to the bankruptcy king.  And so he lets Russia, Saudi Arabia and even pissant Turkey walk all over him.  What a stooge.   

And he's going to get away with it. 

2 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

You can’t directly. But you can indirectly via a software stack called a CDP which aggregates non related data like income, zip code, and grocery store data, demographics, health data and website tracking data.

Using those is very easy to drill down and then use your target audiences for digital ad buys.

Lots of companies (and agencies) sell this kind of adtech. I used to sell it to pharma companies.

My frequent purchases at mexican supermarkets are gonna bite me in the ass, aren't they?

3 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

So what are we thinking here?  Source of the disappearing campaign funds?

I think that's it perhaps. Or it's related to the micro targeting report being run overseas that was posted on here. I don't think that would move the needle all that much. The micro targeting was discussed on Surly not all that long ago. @triplehorn had a good thread on it and we were talking about the voter registry that Parscales had, how Cambridge Analytica and other similar groups associated with them had rebranded under different names when a Russian(?) Ukrainian(?) was facing charges over theft/hacking of data.

The thing is, for most folks that wouldn't move the needle- they have a love/hate relationship with Facebook and social media. They're addicts and they think it's evil, but they accept almost all the privacy invasions without really thinking about it. Again, I don't want to derail the thread with that, but maybe realizing that campaign monies were spent on luxuries will influence a little negativity. Hard to say, the Wall scam didn't seem to stick around in the news cycle.

I know nothing about money laundering except for being a fan of Netflix’s Ozark, but is it possible Trump was laundering when he claimed to be personally funding his 2016 campaign? Where did that money come from if he’s so in debt? 

1 minute ago, NAVY said:

I know nothing about money laundering except for being a fan of Netflix’s Ozark, but is it possible Trump was laundering when he claimed to be personally funding his 2016 campaign? Where did that money come from if he’s so in debt? 

Narrator: He never personally financed himself. He used campaign money to pay all campaign debts/expenses. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

This is the bit that I'm referring to, it's fleshed out in more detail in the Active Measures Thread on page 10. Essentially, once one company would get exposed, they would shut it down, rebrand, and begin right where they left off. It also enables them to launder info as well as money.

Hugo, Anastasis, AtomHeartBevo, and CaptainAnt also posted some good info. It's not widely talked about the same way that QAnon is, but QAnon is only one tentacle of the octopus.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

The idea that it makes a difference to Trump's voters is nonsense.  This was about the same time the pussy grabbing tape dropped.

I just want to embarrass him at this point.

Yeah, I am of the opinion that there are no undecided voters left, at this point. Early voting is going to be at a record turnout level because everyone has already made up their mind which way they are voting.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Horndog said:

Maybe holding a few things back to drop right after Trump/Barr's upcoming October surprise. You know, like the Wikileaks dump happened an hour or so after the Access Hollywood tape.

If I recall correctly, it was 30 minutes. Not like Roger Stone made the call to Assamge to release the first batch of hacked documents from the Russians or anything. Total coincidence, I'm sure. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Eastwood said:

Yeah, I am of the opinion that there are no undecided voters left, at this point. Early voting is going to be at a record turnout level because everyone has already made up their mind which way they are voting.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but if someone is still undecided at this point they're dumber than a Trump voter.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Whatever "drops tomorrow" doesn't matter.  I talked to a Fox News/Maga head today.   The call was not about politics, but he went into why he didn't watch the NFL now b/c for all he knew they were burning flags at halftime now.  Oh, ok.  So I give a light rib about I bet those NFL players paid taxes and the immediate come back was how Trump was justified in not paying them because business losses.  I said wait, thought he was a great businessman and the reply then was something about a mistake here and there but still great.

The point being, nothing that drops is going to change their minds.  Nothing.  The person in my example is in other ways a smart enough human being.  He's just ceded the critical thought in politics section to 'my team fuck the other team.'  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

If you use a loyalty card or curbside shopping then your data is tracked. If you don’t, probably not, other than your pharmacy purchases.

But what about the gift I picked up for my side chick at the in-store joyeria, right past the case of conchas?  Do they track that?

3239038.webp

23 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Whatever "drops tomorrow" doesn't matter.  I talked to a Fox News/Maga head today.   The call was not about politics, but he went into why he didn't watch the NFL now b/c for all he knew they were burning flags at halftime now.  Oh, ok.  So I give a light rib about I bet those NFL players paid taxes and the immediate come back was how Trump was justified in not paying them because business losses.  I said wait, thought he was a great businessman and the reply then was something about a mistake here and there but still great.

The point being, nothing that drops is going to change their minds.  Nothing.  The person in my example is in other ways a smart enough human being.  He's just ceded the critical thought in politics section to 'my team fuck the other team.'  

This is where you mock them and call them out. You can choose to do it politely or you can choose to fucking wreck them. Either way it has to be done.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

This is where you mock them and call them out. You can choose to do it politely or you can choose to fucking wreck them. Either way it has to be done.

They have proven that there is no persuading or convincing them, or changing their minds.  So the bullshit warnings the MAGA apologists have given of "keep talking down to them, that's what's making them vote Trump" are just that -- bullshit.  It doesn't matter, they're in a cult, and anyone in it at this point is fully committed.

So, we need to do what we did with people with idiotic, destructive ideas for years (think "racists") -- fucking mock them relentlessly, shame them, fucking wreck them.   Force them to go back under the rocks they crawled out from.  They'll still be idiots, but at least they won't be openly infecting society with their idiocy any longer.

If you support this regime, you deserve all the shit you get and more.  The only reason it isn't more is because there are only 24 hours in a day.

He's a sociopath. He's not capable of feeling embarrassment or shame.

Sure he is.

His entire motivation for running for president was because Obama embarrassed him at The White House Correspondents Dinner.

Difference his most normal humans take embarrassment over something and learn from it. Trump takes embarrassment as confirmation he’s being persecuted and uses it as motivation for spite and revenge.

1 hour ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

My BIL is the same way.  Love the guy and we get along great, but politics never comes up because I know how he thinks and he knows how I think.  He doesn't watch the NFL either and it was one of his favorite things in life.  It's really sad.

• Hook 'Em 1