Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

None of this tax stuff matters to his base.  I have literally in the last 10 minutes received two texts from different Trumper associates of mine and all they care about apparently is that Joe Biden asked for a break every 30 minutes during the debate tonight.  I am guessing this was a talking point on Right Wing media or something this morning.  Like Biden is unfit to be President because he wanted a break during the debate or something.  

2 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

None of this tax stuff matters to his base.  I have literally in the last 10 minutes received two texts from different Trumper associates of mine and all they care about apparently is that Joe Biden asked for a break every 30 minutes during the debate tonight.  I am guessing this was a talking point on Right Wing media or something this morning.  Like Biden is unfit to be President because he wanted a break during the debate or something.  

They're so fucking stupid, idiot rubes. Biden should bring a portable ramp with him tonight and challenge Dotard to walk off.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

None of this tax stuff matters to his base.  I have literally in the last 10 minutes received two texts from different Trumper associates of mine and all they care about apparently is that Joe Biden asked for a break every 30 minutes during the debate tonight.

Of course he needed a break every 30 minutes. If you had to stand next to someone with a soiled diaper for half an hour you'd need some fresh air too. Biden's just too polite to say so.

3 hours ago, CowboyFred said:

I'm pretty sure paying your daughter, that you employ, a separate $700K consulting fee is decent evidence of some malfeasance.  that's just my opinion tho 

I am sure Ivanka's wealth of experience and supreme talent is totally worth that amount.  /Elizabeth Holmes

3 hours ago, MillerEP said:

No, I agree with the guy's blog. I'm assuming you didn't read it, so here's his recap:

You pay what you legally owe, and not a penny more, there isn't a real mechanism for paying it back if you do. If he did anything wrong we'd be hearing about it a long time ago. Does it seem low? Yes, but that's actually the norm. CPA's jobs are to protect their client's money, and "loopholes" exist for that reason. "Loopholes" were put there by congress over many decades to encourage certain behaviors and discourage others. So his team of accountants are paid to find whose and save him money. Also, the NY Times never actually released any documents, so nobody has any way to verify if what they said is true or not, or if we're looking at only some claims or all of them. They claim they did it to "protect their source," because as the accountant who wrote the blog says, it's a Felony for them to release them. So we only have their word over Trump's in a classic he said she said. Which "conveniently" comes out a month away from election day, so you can imagine why many would be skeptical. 

I encourage you to read his blog post though. It's classic Shaggy.

While it is rue the tax code is written by the privileged for the privileged, it is also true that the notion of the POTUS not paying what is perceived to be reasonable undermines the idea of shared sacrifice. Jimmy Carter was keenly aware of that, so much so, he sent a 6,000 check to the IRS in a year when he owed no taxes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Pussy, the term for a weak willed effeminate man, comes from the word pusillanimous and I believe predates the slang word for vagina.

I don’t know anything but how to Google, but this person with a blog disagrees: https://anthrocentric.tumblr.com/post/81621685922/pussy-is-not-short-for-pusillanimous

19 minutes ago, Satchel said:

While it is rue the tax code is written by the privileged for the privileged, it is also true that the notion of the POTUS not paying what is perceived to be reasonable undermines the idea of shared sacrifice. Jimmy Carter was keenly aware of that, so much so, he sent a 6,000 check to the IRS in a year when he owed no taxes.

Ethical man doing ethical things because it is for the greater good...And so nobody would throw it in his face. Is Trump the stupidest fucking dick or what? This shit was gonna come out, especially if they could time it for maximum impact. Scranton vs Park Avenue. The middle class has a higher tax burden in this country and Trump thinks it is smart and sustainable? Fuck that dumbass.  I hope Joe pounds him in the face with it.

• Hook 'Em 1

did someone on this site actually just characterize the nytimes reporting on this as a "classic he said-she said" as if there was a possibility that this reporting was false?  all while trump has fought the release of his tax returns all the way to the ussc?

that's truly something.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, sidis said:

did someone on this site actually just characterize the nytimes reporting on this as a "classic he said-she said" as if there was a possibility that this reporting was false?  all while trump has fought the release of his tax returns all the way to the ussc?

that's truly something.

Was that in the DT: Trump Tax Returns (No Politics) thread?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Capture+_2020-09-29-13-41-36-1.png

She's the underrated part of the story.  She renegotiated the prenup after he fucked Stormy Daniels to where her and Barron in particular got more.  Barron got put on level playing field with the others.

She'll be Barron will be lucky to inherit anything and Don Jr will be doing speaking tours and a Raddison in Tuscon or someplace.

Yeah, the caselaw that will be written about how much of their royalties from book deals, speaking engagements, movie deals, etc. have to go to pay off debts, etc. will be fucking fascinating and studies in law schools for a century.  Dead serious, politics aside, it's just maths how his debt repayment is gonna work---if you go around like Palin did for a few years raising money for other GOP candidates and charge a "brokerage fee/Reg D" fee for doing so...does that have to back and pay your debtors?  Probably not if they're foreign, but certainly if they are U.S. based entities.  I'm sure Captain Dipshit thinks he got one over them because they are foreign nationals but a U.S. registered G.P. can sure as shit recoup those funds for U.S. based assets from a U.S. citizen who fraudulently withheld repayment, President or not.  

Shit, half the caseload of many U.S. Bankruptcy courts are Chinese Nationals with U.S. based family trusts and GP's trying to recoup EB-5 real estate deals that went sideways during the over-saturation of that market in 2011-2018.  

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, the caselaw that will be written about how much of their royalties from book deals, speaking engagements, movie deals, etc. have to go to pay off debts, etc. will be fucking fascinating and studies in law schools for a century.  Dead serious, politics aside, it's just maths how his debt repayment is gonna work---if you go around like Palin did for a few years raising money for other GOP candidates and charge a "brokerage fee/Reg D" fee for doing so...does that have to back and pay your debtors?  Probably not if they're foreign, but certainly if they are U.S. based entities.  I'm sure Captain Dipshit thinks he got one over them because they are foreign nationals but a U.S. registered G.P. can sure as shit recoup those funds for U.S. based assets from a U.S. citizen who fraudulently withheld repayment, President or not.  

Shit, half the caseload of many U.S. Bankruptcy courts are Chinese Nationals with U.S. based family trusts and GP's trying to recoup EB-5 real estate deals that went sideways during the over-saturation of that market in 2011-2018.  

The only real issue in collecting debt owed to or by foreigners is enforcing judgments in a foreign jurisdiction.

If a foreigner takes a judgment in a US court against Trump, there's no issue other than collectability/bankruptcy.

Similarly, if one gets a judgment against a foreigner in their country, no real issue.

The issue arises when you take a judgment in a US court against a foreigner whose assets are abroad, say in  China.  It's an almost insurmountable issue because China does not recognize foreign judgments.  Period.  In more civilized countries, you just have to jump a lot of hoops.

7 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yokels in Georgia reacting on CNN this morning.  Waitress went full on fake news about it.  "Well it's the New York Times."  Yeah, one of the longest running and most reputable news sources in US history.  These are the dumbest people.

Somebody discounts the New York Times, Washington Post, the Wall Street Journal and it's an immediate hard pass from me when it comes to what they're about to say. I'd even add in any longtime, big city newspaper for the most part. Forget the editorial page. The articles and hard news are just that -- hard NEWS. Yes, the reporter is probably a Democrat, maybe even a very liberal one. But the journalists at these papers DO NOT let that get in the way of their reporting. The journalists at the NYT, WaPo and WSJ are among the best in the world. Period. End of story.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

She's the underrated part of the story.  She renegotiated the prenup after he fucked Stormy Daniels to where her and Barron in particular got more.  Barron got put on level playing field with the others.

She'll be Barron will be lucky to inherit anything and Don Jr will be doing speaking tours and a Raddison in Tuscon or someplace.

If she's smart, she would divorce his ass ASAP to get whatever she can.  Otherwise, she risks being a number in a long line of creditors.

Plus, assuming she filed jointly with Donald, she's now on the hook for tax fraud herself.

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Somebody discounts the New York Times, Washington Post, the Wall Street Journal and it's an immediate hard pass from me when it comes to what they're about to say. I'd even add in any longtime, big city newspaper for the most part. Forget the editorial page. The articles and hard news are just that -- hard NEWS. Yes, the reporter is probably a Democrat, maybe even a very liberal one. But the journalists at these papers DO NOT let that get in the way of their reporting. The journalists at the NYT, WaPo and WSJ are among the best in the world. Period. End of story.

Yeah, you can quibble about spin here and there, but the facts are always solid.

The same can't always be said of Fox and especially OANN.

1 minute ago, DanTheHorn said:

She better get divorced and get her money now before the loans come due.

Assuming the marital property is chargeable with Donald's various business debts, a divorce settlement would be taken subject to creditor claims.  Meaning his creditors could sue her to recover money even after a divorce.

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Assuming the marital property is chargeable with Donald's various business debts, a divorce settlement would be taken subject to creditor claims.  Meaning his creditors could sue her to recover money even after a divorce.

Not if she's paid in rubles by a third party.  Hypothetically.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

If she's smart, she would divorce his ass ASAP to get whatever she can.  Otherwise, she risks being a number in a long line of creditors.

Plus, assuming she filed jointly with Donald, she's now on the hook for tax fraud herself.

If you read Part 2 today in the NYT, it begins pre Apprentice and it's really a sad story.  He was pushing anything and everything:

merlin_177735570_ef975a38-0e4e-40d4-a96a

He really got his ass bailed out by the Apprentice.  Make $400M+ but then plowed all of that and everything else into overpriced golf courses.  (He sold off most of his stocks from 2012-2015 and borrowed heavily against the commercial real estate assets.)  The commercial real estate might have been solid but it's not anymore and now that and everything is losing money and losing it fast with a lot coming due in the next five years.  It's questionable as to whether he can refi all of that but he'd need to show a path to profitability to do that.  There's very little chance he's financially viable in 10 years.

Then again, his one talent has always been to borrow so much that the bank can't afford to foreclose on him to there's that.

22 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

Fucking John Ratcliffe - obviously trying to fill the disinformation void left by John Durham's refusal to issue a report before the election ...

lol wut.  Every intelligence agency has agreed that the Russians absolutely DID interfere on dotard's behalf.  What are they smoking?

4 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Of course he did

3 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8782463/Brad-Parscale-investigation-stealing-40M-Trumps-2020-campaign.html

Reveal hidden contents

Steve Guest, the RNC Rapid Response Director, said in a statement to DailyMail.com: 'This report is categorically false. There is no audit or investigation of Brad at the RNC.'  

It was widely reported that the President lost faith in Parscale after a much-trumpeted campaign rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma drew a dismal crowd, relegating him to his previous role in digital and data strategy.

The well-placed source said just days later, Trump ordered an audit of the spending of the Republican National Committee.

The probe appeared to be geared towards examining Parscale's handling of the campaign's money, the source said, putting the 6ft 8in aide under 'tremendous pressure'. 

The source explained: 'The thing about what Parscale did with the finances of the campaign could actually be totally legal. 

'But Brad has tons of bills since his lifestyle picked up, and he sees the gravy train coming to an end.'    

Parscale seemed to try to put it out of his mind, as DailyMail.com published exclusive images of Parscale, his wife and several friends drinking beer and liquor by their pool days after his demotion.

Our source said such scenes were becoming routine for Parscale who was spotted stumbling out of bars in Fort Lauderdale, where he and his wife own three swish condos worth a combined $5 million.

The couple have at least $300,000 worth of cars - including a 2017 Ferrari, a Range Rover and a BMW X6 - while public records suggest Parscale has owned as many as eight boats. 

Their spending spree represents a remarkable turnaround for the college basketball standout who lost his family's company to bankruptcy in the mid-2000s but rebuilt his finances after working for Trump in various digital guises since 2011.

Campaign records show Parscale was making $15,000 a month as Trump's electioneering guru.

Gee, imagine that.  

Wait a minute--so Trump thinks that these fundeligelical pastors are "all hustlers," and Parscale robbed the Trump campaign of $50M?

Damned if I'm not going to start liking these guys.

• Hook 'Em 1

I am shocked, shocked I say, that John Ratcliffe would be pumping up Russian disinformation that had already been dismissed by the bipartison SIC.  I also love the way Ratcliffe carefully words the letter to Lindsey - "... U.S. intelligence obtained insight into Russian intelligence analysis alleging ..." So what you're saying is that the US intelligence agencies realized that this was utter bullshit from day 1 and Brennan briefed Obama about the disinfo campaign?  Holy shit!  Well that changes everything!!! 

Of course, all you have to do is have Jr. throw it out there with a blatantly false characterization of what the letter says, and the Q Anon and Q Anon-adjacent mouthbreathers + the Russian troll farms go to town on social media.  Fucking Texags is already 5 pages in on this.  The GOP really is desperate to drum up a distraction, and they'll never give up on ol' "But her emails" / "Lock her up" ... 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

He really got his ass bailed out by the Apprentice.

I don't like "reality" TV much.  Now I hate it even more.  It gave us all DOTUS.  Maybe when people claimed TV would ruin America this is what they meant.  We were warned.  We didn't listen.

On 9/27/2020 at 10:10 PM, cactusflinthead said:

More on Parscale 

Non-Partisan Watchdog Accuses Trump Campaign Of ‘Laundering’ $170 Million

The Campaign Legal Center, a nonpartisan campaign finance watchdog group, filed a complaint with the Federal Elections Commission Tuesday accusing the Trump campaign of “laundering” $170 million through numerous companies, some with connections to former Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/07/28/non-partisan-watchdog-accuses-trump-campaign-of-laundering-170-million/#59f714e61283