Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

18 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

giphy.gif

So if he's trailing the worst candidate in history by double digits in some polls, what does that make him?  Donnie, you're worse than the worst.  That makes you... Think about it.  Try hard.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

If he flees to Russia, Putin will kill him. He will be silenced. What value could a living, breathing Donald Trump possibly provide to Putin after he's no longer POTUS?

Normally, the thought of a US President fleeing into the open arms of Russia would be alarming.  We may luck out here though.  DOTUS has paid so little attention to actually running the country for the last four years that the actionable intelligence they can pry out of his head may be of little value.

Change the nuclear football codes (not that he would remember those, but why take chances?), change the locks on the doors and move on.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, 27-25 said:

Normally, the thought of a US President fleeing into the open arms of Russia would be alarming.  We may luck out here though.  DOTUS has paid so little attention to actually running the country for the last four years that the actionable intelligence they can pry out of his head may be of little value.

Change the nuclear football codes (not that he would remember those, but why take chances?), change the locks on the doors and move on.

He’s not going to go to Russia when he personally owes certain people/foreign banks hundreds of millions of dollars. You think selling his golf courses will cover that? Most aren’t making a profit 

9 hours ago, Nope said:

The scary part is that these people aren’t going away when Trump does. Who will be their next deity?

The only ones dumber than DOTARD would have to be his sons but I don't know if the Pubs can mask an 85 IQ.  The rubes have shown they're more likely to follow the he's dumb like us but will they jump in and troll behind a Ted Cruz nationally? I shudder at the thought.  

3 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

but will they jump in and troll behind a Ted Cruz nationally?

I don't think anyone really like Ted Cruz. I'm sure there are plenty of others that can assume the role, but Cruz is such an insufferable prick, I think most people pick up on it. 

5 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

The only ones dumber than DOTARD would have to be his sons but I don't know if the Pubs can mask an 85 IQ.  The rubes have shown they're more likely to follow the he's dumb like us but will they jump in and troll behind a Ted Cruz nationally? I shudder at the thought.  

Not a chance, Cruz has zero charisma

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

If he flees to Russia, Putin will kill him. He will be silenced. What value could a living, breathing Donald Trump possibly provide to Putin after he's no longer POTUS?

If he's stupid enough to flee to a mob boss in Russia, he truly is a dumb human being that was incapable of protecting himself and family.  He's a host for more than a virus.  

5 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I don't think anyone really like Ted Cruz. I'm sure there are plenty of others that can assume the role, but Cruz is such an insufferable prick, I think most people pick up on it. 

Cruz, as a last name, might be fine in TX,  but among the base at a national level, it is less than ideal.

8 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

My feelings: RNC wants Cruz, Great Plains Jesus Freaks want Hawley, Blue Lives Matter/Vanilla ISIS/trolls want Cotton.

Harvard + military makes me think Cotton. Noem as VP for the thirsty chuds.

Well, Hawley is Stanford/Yale, but no military.  Cruz is Princeton/Harvard, no military.  Kinda hard to besmirch the education of any of them, unless they themselves stand as evidence the Ivy League isn't what it used to be.

1 hour ago, Mdhorn said:

I hope y'all are right, but a Canadian won Texas.  He's so insufferable trolls would love him.   But I don't think the rust belt would endorse him--he doesn't have a working class bone in his body.  

Neither does the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania. Of course, he does have working bone spursso I guess that's enough.

Edited by HornOnTheBayou

Imagine leaving that spread to go live in a shitty old house in the hood that still smells like the previous resident's KFC and spray tan, knowing full well you may never make it back to that beautiful home. All to do the most thankless job in the world.
You're a dumbass, Joe. God bless you.

15 hours ago, Nope said:

True

According to my Googles he’s a Harvard grad and a lunatic...scary combination.

I know it's 2020, and Trump shattered the mold of what Evangelicals seek in their Dear Leader, but is that cavalcade of hypocrites and subnormals ready to be led by a man who has the gay?

(Allegedly. That's what many people are saying. Everyone in Arkansas knows all about it.)

c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800.jpg

If you look at articles reporting Cotton's recent marriage to his wife Anna, you'll notice anonymous commenters calling the whole thing a sham.

"Beard," says one matter-of-fact comment on an Arkansas Times story about Cotton's marriage. "He had to do something to counter those anti women rants he had during his college years,"a commenter named BUD says on a local news story announcing Cotton's marriage. "And to counter that nagging gay thing."

Cotton's marriage is a particular bug-a-boo amongst certain citizens of Arkansas. Cotton and Anna Peckham announced their marriage abruptly in March of last year, and his office was so unusually evasive about the details that the Arkansas Times wrote that entire article about it. To people in Arkansas who are perhaps already skeptical of Cotton as a politician, the marriage seemed sudden and suspicious, as if Cotton was working to complete a checklist as quickly as possible. The announcement of Anna's pregnancy just seven months after their marriage certainly hasn't helped matters.

"He only got married so people would think he's not gay," said the same high school classmate. "You can tell by the way he walks and talks." Another high school classmate of his told us via Facebook, "I can say that I've not ever seen him with a girlfriend, until he recently got married."

Maybe Cotton is gay or bisexual; maybe he isn't. He might just be an attractive, longtime single, and slightly effeminate Southern man who married a Yankee out of nowhere, thus raising alarm bells among his constituents. The rumors about his sexuality never reached a point in this last election where he, or anyone from his campaign, had to address them. But they're likely a preview of what Cotton is going to have to deal with as he ascends up the Republican party, perhaps even up to the Oval Office, provided he doesn't derail his career first.

As one source said to us some months ago about the rumors of Cotton's sexuality: "This isn't going away."

18 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, there’s no civil war left in the GOP. The unbelievers have been purged, it is only cultists now. Failure to bend the knee will cost you support of the Trumpist base, and you can’t win without it. As a GOP candidate, there is only one path to securing the base, and it will stay that way for a generation: now to Trump.

A lot depends on the election.  If conservatism is left with only the Supreme Court at the federal level and has some net losses in governorships and state legislatures, the GOP will reform itself towards the middle faster than you can say “white power!”

When you are a politician devoid of morality and ethics, the one position you cannot hold is one of irrelevancy.

Edited by Goredho

Nixon's Enemies List has been revived

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumps-taking-down-names-as-republicans-like-mitch-mcconnell-susan-collins-start-jumping-ship?ref=home

In the past few weeks, Donald Trump and close allies have kept tabs on prominent conservatives who the president believes are gearing up to throw him under the bus in the event he loses his bid for re-election.

Two individuals who have spoken to Trump say the president has expressed suspicion that members of his own party believe he will be defeated by Joe Biden. That sense of paranoia has been fed by the president’s aides and confidants, who have flagged recent news coverage for him of Republican politicians either openly criticizing his conduct or trying to distance themselves from a possible electoral bloodbath. According to one of the sources with direct knowledge, the president is already contemplating retribution.

“[The president] said something to the effect of: if you’re backing away from him now, don’t bother coming back for a favor when he wins,” the other source said. “He made a comment about how there are some people out there who you can only count on when things are going your way.”

Some of the coverage that has been bookmarked for Trump includes recent stories on Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), who has not only split with the president on the issue of coronavirus-related stimulus legislation but made a point of saying he hadn’t been to the White House in weeks because of its cavalier approach to the pandemic.

Trump’s frictions with Republican senators extend beyond there. This past week, the president attacked Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) on Twitter over “a nasty rumor” that she was going to oppose his Supreme Court nominee, Amy Coney Barrett. He said of the endangered incumbent: “Not worth the work!”—a slight that was met with sighs among Trump strategists, who noted that it was utterly unnecessary. Trump already has enough votes for Barrett’s confirmation.

Beyond that, there is strong suspicion within Trump’s inner sanctum that Sen. Ben Sasse’s (R-NE) office leaked the contents of a call he held with constituents in which he chastised the president for embracing dictators and not condemning conspiracists. Trump’s anger with the call boiled over on Saturday with yet another Twitter attack.

Spoiler

There has also been a bit of eye-rolling for Sen. Mitt Romney (R-UT), who has put out two recent statements chastising what he describes as the corrosive turn that national politics has taken. Notable in those statements was condemnation for Trump and nary a criticism for Biden.

“You hate to see it, but having been on Capitol Hill, one great way to get attention is to speak against your own party,” said former Rep. Jack Kingston (R-GA), who has for years served as an official Trump surrogate. “Ben Sasse is an intelligent guy and I’m sorry he’s decided this is the time to bolt, [but] I don’t know how it helps swing-state [Republicans] either…But you still don’t see the ideological people breaking. If Ralph Reed said, ‘OK I’m out of here,’ that would be different.”

But those signaling that they’re ready to jump ship do include some major players in conservative politics. One of the president’s most powerful and influential confidants, billionaire media mogul Rupert Murdoch, has been telling associates that he thinks Biden will win in a landslide, as The Daily Beast reported last week, and that he’s repelled by the president’s management of the COVID-19 crisis.

Sources familiar with the situation say Trump and Murdoch have not talked in several weeks. A White House spokesman did not respond to a request for comment on this story, but Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh said in a statement: “President Trump won in 2016 without the vocal support of the political insider crowd and he’s going to do it again. The President enjoys the support of over 90 percent of Republicans, and our rally data shows that about a quarter of rally registrants are not even registered as Republicans.”

The knives aren’t just out for perceived Republican turncoats. Within the broad universe of GOP operatives working to re-elect the president, blame casting has already begun for the state of the campaign. One senior Republican official who has consulted with the campaign said that while staff were still confident that the president could win, they were also increasingly alarmed by—what the official described as—the “gross incompetence with how things were being spent.”

“I think there is a reality where this is what happens in a campaign. This is the point where people start to figure out who takes the fault,” the official said. Asked who would take the fault, the source added: “There is no question that [former campaign manager] Brad [Parscale] will take a large part of it because that is easy. But anyone with a brain who looks back at this will point to Jared [Kushner]. Jared can’t be both the mastermind and blameless.”

Inside broader GOP circles, a bit of cold realism has taken hold about Trump’s prospects. Few, if any, are pollyannaish. The optimism that does remain is tied to two features of the race: that the president faced a similar skepticism (including from within his own party) four years ago and still won; and that, this go around, the Trump campaign has invested substantially more in voter turnout than he did in 2016.

“He's not winning but there's always been a sense that he was in this position in [2016], that it will tighten, and that we have this ground game that will put us over the top,” said a GOP official involved in the re-election effort.

But even that official conceded the limits of the spin. “A ground game is a field goal in a close game,” the official said. “It's not three touchdowns.”

Among Republican operatives, there has been an expectation that Trump’s polling deficit vis-a-vis Biden would close as the election neared. But the tightening has not happened as quickly as they’d hoped, and among the explanations for it include the president’s combustible debate performance, his infection with COVID, and the fact that he’s been outspent on the airwaves.

There’s also a growing consensus among the GOP consulting class that Trump has lost some of the political instincts that made him both unorthodox and effective in his 2016 run. Back then, Trump closed the campaign by largely keeping to script, doing rallies, and posting only mundane tweets. This go-around, he’s embraced wild conspiracies—such as the Osama bin Laden raid being staged—and put up more Facebook ads attacking Hillary Clinton than going after Biden on trade.

“I guess it's difficult when you're in the White House, but it's different than 2016,” the GOP official said. “They just have no message discipline. It's totally off the rails all the time.”

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumps-taking-down-names-as-republicans-like-mitch-mcconnell-susan-collins-start-jumping-ship?ref=home

Reveal hidden contents

There has also been a bit of eye-rolling for Sen. Mitt Romney (R-UT), who has put out two recent statements chastising what he describes as the corrosive turn that national politics has taken. Notable in those statements was condemnation for Trump and nary a criticism for Biden.

“You hate to see it, but having been on Capitol Hill, one great way to get attention is to speak against your own party,” said former Rep. Jack Kingston (R-GA), who has for years served as an official Trump surrogate. “Ben Sasse is an intelligent guy and I’m sorry he’s decided this is the time to bolt, [but] I don’t know how it helps swing-state [Republicans] either…But you still don’t see the ideological people breaking. If Ralph Reed said, ‘OK I’m out of here,’ that would be different.”

But those signaling that they’re ready to jump ship do include some major players in conservative politics. One of the president’s most powerful and influential confidants, billionaire media mogul Rupert Murdoch, has been telling associates that he thinks Biden will win in a landslide, as The Daily Beast reported last week, and that he’s repelled by the president’s management of the COVID-19 crisis.

Sources familiar with the situation say Trump and Murdoch have not talked in several weeks. A White House spokesman did not respond to a request for comment on this story, but Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh said in a statement: “President Trump won in 2016 without the vocal support of the political insider crowd and he’s going to do it again. The President enjoys the support of over 90 percent of Republicans, and our rally data shows that about a quarter of rally registrants are not even registered as Republicans.”

The knives aren’t just out for perceived Republican turncoats. Within the broad universe of GOP operatives working to re-elect the president, blame casting has already begun for the state of the campaign. One senior Republican official who has consulted with the campaign said that while staff were still confident that the president could win, they were also increasingly alarmed by—what the official described as—the “gross incompetence with how things were being spent.”

“I think there is a reality where this is what happens in a campaign. This is the point where people start to figure out who takes the fault,” the official said. Asked who would take the fault, the source added: “There is no question that [former campaign manager] Brad [Parscale] will take a large part of it because that is easy. But anyone with a brain who looks back at this will point to Jared [Kushner]. Jared can’t be both the mastermind and blameless.”

Inside broader GOP circles, a bit of cold realism has taken hold about Trump’s prospects. Few, if any, are pollyannaish. The optimism that does remain is tied to two features of the race: that the president faced a similar skepticism (including from within his own party) four years ago and still won; and that, this go around, the Trump campaign has invested substantially more in voter turnout than he did in 2016.

“He's not winning but there's always been a sense that he was in this position in [2016], that it will tighten, and that we have this ground game that will put us over the top,” said a GOP official involved in the re-election effort.

But even that official conceded the limits of the spin. “A ground game is a field goal in a close game,” the official said. “It's not three touchdowns.”

Among Republican operatives, there has been an expectation that Trump’s polling deficit vis-a-vis Biden would close as the election neared. But the tightening has not happened as quickly as they’d hoped, and among the explanations for it include the president’s combustible debate performance, his infection with COVID, and the fact that he’s been outspent on the airwaves.

There’s also a growing consensus among the GOP consulting class that Trump has lost some of the political instincts that made him both unorthodox and effective in his 2016 run. Back then, Trump closed the campaign by largely keeping to script, doing rallies, and posting only mundane tweets. This go-around, he’s embraced wild conspiracies—such as the Osama bin Laden raid being staged—and put up more Facebook ads attacking Hillary Clinton than going after Biden on trade.

“I guess it's difficult when you're in the White House, but it's different than 2016,” the GOP official said. “They just have no message discipline. It's totally off the rails all the time.”

Trump’s got a point.  All these Rs were happy to ride his coattails while he was winning and giving them the power to control the SCOTUS for a generation.  But it’s only now they want to criticize Trump and distance themselves from his fucked up white nationalist incompetence?  Fuck you, GOP.  You don’t get off that easy.  If right has anything to do with it, you will have nothing but the SCOTUS after November 3rd.

Edited by Goredho
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

In the past few weeks, Donald Trump and close allies have kept tabs on prominent conservatives who the president believes are gearing up to throw him under the bus in the event he loses his bid for re-election.
Two individuals who have spoken to Trump say the president has expressed suspicion that members of his own party believe he will be defeated by Joe Biden. That sense of paranoia has been fed by the president’s aides and confidants, who have flagged recent news coverage for him of Republican politicians either openly criticizing his conduct or trying to distance themselves from a possible electoral bloodbath. According to one of the sources with direct knowledge, the president is already contemplating retribution.

“[The president] said something to the effect of: if you’re backing away from him now, don’t bother coming back for a favor when he wins,” the other source said. “He made a comment about how there are some people out there who you can only count on when things are going your way.”
Some of the coverage that has been bookmarked for Trump includes recent stories on Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), who has not only split with the president on the issue of coronavirus-related stimulus legislation but made a point of saying he hadn’t been to the White House in weeks because of its cavalier approach to the pandemic.

Trump’s frictions with Republican senators extend beyond there. This past week, the president attacked Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) on Twitter over “a nasty rumor” that she was going to oppose his Supreme Court nominee, Amy Coney Barrett. He said of the endangered incumbent: “Not worth the work!”—a slight that was met with sighs among Trump strategists, who noted that it was utterly unnecessary. Trump already has enough votes for Barrett’s confirmation.
Beyond that, there is strong suspicion within Trump’s inner sanctum that Sen. Ben Sasse’s (R-NE) office leaked the contents of a call he held with constituents in which he chastised the president for embracing dictators and not condemning conspiracists. Trump’s anger with the call boiled over on Saturday with yet another Twitter attack.

Spoiler

Brings to mind Saddam rounding up all the Ba’ath Party leaders and leading them off to execution.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-middle-east-25363857

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Trump’s got a point.  All these Rs were happy to ride his coattails while he was winning and giving them the power to control the SCOTUS for a generation.  But it’s only now they want to criticize Trump and distance themselves from his fucked up white nationalist incompetence?  Fuck you, GOP.  You don’t get off that easy.  If right has anything to do with it, you will have nothing but the SCOTUS after November 3rd.

They can giggle about putting party over country and making the libs cry, but this is going to have long term consequences for the GOP. They played their Trump card and have proven themselves to be hypocrites. The rulings coming out of SCOTUS are going to be yuge. It's governing thru lawsuits from now on. The courts have been packed and it runs deep. Trump has appointed over 200 federal judges.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Blotto said:

Here in Southern California there is an ad running for Christy Smith, who is running for a Congressional seat. The ad features two “villains”, talking about how their agenda is terrible for America, yadda yadda yadda.

The two villains? Mitch McConnell and..... Ted Cruz. They are literally using a Texas senator who basically has accomplished nothing as the bogeyman for voters here.

That is how unliked he is, and how easy he is to target.

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Yes, Hunter's laptop is a bigger scandal than Watergate and Iran-Contra.

And totally real. The Hunter laptop and emails are very, totally, and completely a real thing that isn’t made up. 
Did I mention how completely legit they are?

• Hook 'Em 1

I need to sit down and make an Arya/Buscemi Happy Gilmore list of Republicans who supported Trump just so I can gleefully cross them off when they are defeated by an opponent or life 

Oh....that list is being made.

A list is also being made of people/businesses who supported Trump. They should be boycotted and made to suffer for what they have done to us and our country.

That fact should be published far and wide: “do not frequent XYZ dry cleaners - they sent monetary support to Trump and continue to support Trumpublican candidates.”

I’m dead serious. We have stopped spending money at several places, including some relatively small, neighborhood businesses, that would send some of the money we spend to support evil. They picked their poison....now they have to drink it.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2