Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

34 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

Honest question, did you consider your neighbor a fucking idiot before he put up the Kraken sign?  Was it obvious or were they somewhat normal?  I understand a Trump sign.  There are a lot of intelligent and educated people that voted for Trump.  However, anyone that doesn't see that Sydney Powell is either an awful grifter or terribly mentally ill is a fucking idiot.

It’s the name of a new NHL team.

We frogs are so far into the boiling process of idiocy that these things hardly sound the cuckoo alarms, but the President of the United States, the most powerful man in the free world, just spread a a video of Diamond and Silk saying there was voter fraud because potato 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

Honest question, did you consider your neighbor a fucking idiot before he put up the Kraken sign?  Was it obvious or were they somewhat normal?  I understand a Trump sign.  There are a lot of intelligent and educated people that voted for Trump.  However, anyone that doesn't see that Sydney Powell is either an awful grifter or terribly mentally ill is a fucking idiot.

Well, they didn't know what "playing short handed" meant, but I wouldn't call them idiots....

44 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

It’s the name of a new NHL team.

Yup.

Just now, pantone159 said:

Yeah, it has nothing to do with Q or the election. Except that the new Seattle team, if they want to line their pockets, are selling these to morons as fast as they can.

I’m sure the Flyers and Kraken’s merchandising departments are very happy right now.

4 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:
This is something I have been thinking about.  I’m not sure ex-presidents should be given classified briefings but trump damn sure should not be given this information.

It ought to be with some discretion. I can see most ex-Presidents being allowed to see some sensitive information. With the same discretion, Trump ought to see some drawings in orange crayon, which he would completely believe to be real. It is not like he has been reading any briefs so far.

6 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

This is something I have been thinking about.  I’m not sure ex-presidents should be given classified briefings but trump damn sure should not be given this information.

Agree absolutely.  He would leak that shit as fast as he heard it, probably to whoever was he was sharing a table with at Mar a Lago. 

Just now, pantone159 said:

It ought to be with some discretion. I can see most ex-Presidents being allowed to see some sensitive information. With the same discretion, Trump ought to see some drawings in orange crayon, which he would completely believe to be real. It is not like he has been reading any briefs so far.

I could understand in some cases, where it's about a matter than an ex-President had to deal with, and he could give some insight to the sitting President.

But not Trump.  He would blab about it to people around him, and would use unsecured phone lines.

2 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

This would be an instance where I would be okay with Joe Biden putting out an executive order blocking him from getting any of this. Tell him to F Around and Find Out what happens if he wants to challenge Biden on that.

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

I don't know them very well.  They have young children and are renting a $2MM, 6000 square foot house, yet I have no clue what they do.  Odd.

But I agree there are a variety of reasons a semi-sane person might have a Trump sign.

There are virtually none for a Kraken sign.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TexEx15 said:

I didn’t realize this was even a thing. Being elected president is a free pass to everything classified. You bypass all the normal background checks and need to know requirements that anyone else would receive. It’s understandable due to the requirements of the position, but it’s also a huge oversight by our government not to codify a lot of the gentlemen’s agreements and norms on running for office that have been honored until now. Would people elect someone that’s potentially compromised by the Russians?  I don’t think so, but Trump found the loopholes and exploited them. 

This is another such loophole. At the very least, a former president shouldn’t have the privilege of an automatic pass for a clearance. They should have the same scrutiny for anyone else seeking a TS-SCI, and also have a valid need to know for that info before getting access. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

I didn’t realize this was even a thing. Being elected president is a free pass to everything classified. You bypass all the normal background checks and need to know requirements that anyone else would receive. It’s understandable due to the requirements of the position, but it’s also a huge oversight by our government not to codify a lot of the gentlemen’s agreements and norms on running for office that have been honored until now. Would people elect someone that’s potentially compromised by the Russians?  I don’t think so, but Trump found the loopholes and exploited them. 

This is another such loophole. At the very least, a former president shouldn’t have the privilege of an automatic pass for a clearance. They should have the same scrutiny for anyone else seeking a TS-SCI, and also have a valid need to know for that info before getting access. 

The parties should have it in their bylaws that to receive their nomination you have to:

Release tax returns, diverse in major holdings, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Lord have mercy.

I have never listened to either of these two women speak. I made it 20 seconds in before stopping that.

Also use him retweeting things like this as a reason Biden will HAVE to issue an executive order on Trump not receiving any classified information the moment his term expires. Biden should make it the first thing he signs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TXSG8R said:

This is another such loophole. At the very least, a former president shouldn’t have the privilege of an automatic pass for a clearance.

I don’t think they do. Dude on NPR (Thomas Ricks maybe) said it is a courtesy extended by the sitting President. I doubt it will be given to Trump 

uh, he didn’t want that info while he was president, not sure why he’d want it moving forward. 

and cnn had someone on earlier saying it’s not automatic and is completely subject to the sitting president’s approval. i seriously doubt he’ll push for the info, and even if he does, there will be guard rails to keep him in the dark. 

someone may want to take trump out to the freeway so he can see what guard rails actually look like. 

once he declines attending the inauguration, i think he’ll be out of the loop on most “former president activities.”

10 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

It's been reported that current Intel officials didn't want to share some sensitive info with Trump while in office for fear that he'd leak it to our enemies. 

3 hours ago, Bookman said:

If they want to keep information from Trump they should just make it only available in writing.

This. Give him the style of briefing Obama got in his PDB. Multi-page with detail, no photos, and no mention of Donald Trump. He wouldn't get past the first page. I assume they would just give him a briefing and wouldn't leave him with actual documents that he could share or sell. And seriously, if it's not about Donald Trump then Donald Trump doesn't really care. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bookman said:

If they want to keep information from Trump they should just make it only available in writing. in a large binder filled with blank pages. It will seem familiar.

FIFY

7 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I have two Seattle Kraken shirts.  I won't be wearing either in public for a while.

That's rather sad, that it's come to that, isn't it? Maybe we need  "pour one out for the Kraken" signs so that the political Kraken can be put to rest and sports fans can go back to supporting their teams.