Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

war mongering always highest priority for our tax dollars. That you need a pandemic to recognize this fact is beyond me. 

I don't. I know my tax money is wasted.  Been on the side of peaceful dissolution for a while. Still think it makes the most sense. Pandemic response only proves that more right. 

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 1

i was trying to remember today’s q&a/presser highlights to explain to someone via text. here’s what i got:

will you agree not to give aid to your own properties? - don’t worry i’m already super rich 

did you sell stock?  i don’t own stock

romney is quarantined - yay, jk lol

would you call any ex-presidents for advice? - if i thought it would help save lives i would.  so...no thank you 

are you working well with governors? - yes, the dem governors think i’m nice

did i miss anything?

8 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i was trying to remember today’s q&a/presser highlights to explain to someone via text. here’s what i got:

will you agree not to give aid to your own properties? - don’t worry i’m already super rich 

would you call any ex-presidents for advice? - if i thought it would help save lives i would.  so...no thank you 

did i miss anything?

To be honest, he should really just golf every day from now on.  He has never added value to governance, but in the past he didn't completely hinder actual governance and provided some comic relief. He is a complete negative now. He should really just STFU instead of having his bullshit press conferences. He would rather be golfing. Let him golf. We don't need him. 

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

did i miss anything?

i forgot that also the president said his legal fees are high because everybody is suing him. 

200.gif

10 hours ago, Lobo said:

Look, I love bagging on this guy more than most of you.  And I think it's been cathartic and I think I've been quite pithy in doing so.  But I hope this latest exercise in futility in his part makes some of you appreciate more the sovereign authority and existence of a State.  An American State, whichever color to you, has a right to conduct their affairs on behalf of their citizens as they see fit.  Obviously there is a time for federal influence, obviously there is a time for federal deference.  But a single, solitary U.S. State means something.  And as of now, I hope they work together in whichever coalitions make the most sense to combat the virus and deal with the sick and scared.  Not all confederacies are bad, From Seattle to San Diego, let them work together as they see fit, relying on federal assistance only when necessary.  From San Antonio to Rapid City, let's have a plan and a coalition.  Let Milwaukee to Pittsburgh work their way.  The backbone should be the CDC, NIH, FEMA, the Treasury, and the Fed.  But the ground deployment in both preventative and post...should be at the state level.  States matter.  And if one state wants to act like a total fucking dipshit...well...you walk the path you laid.  

No, thats not how this works thats not how any of this works

• Like 1

Very distressing to see the trending # terms on twitter. Half are bashing of Pelosi and Schumer. The Democrats are getting completely out maneuvered by the Republicans on digital propaganda campaigns. If they don’t figure out how to better harness the digital world very quickly, we could be staring at four more years of Trump and a Republican held Senate. That is insane to think about given what a train wreck Presidency this has been, but we are a nation of morons that can only digest the latest burp of media stories.

No, thats not how this works thats not how any of this works

But you forgot that crossing state borders irradiates the virus. It doesnt matter states like Texas and Florida keep their beach resorts open, the virus will be contained in the state they were conceived.

This is the same reason states should manage pollution. Air and water respect each state’s sovereignty.

You also underestimate the effectiveness of past confederacies. The first inspired our Constitution. The second inspired Abraham Lincoln.

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-economy-recession-donald-trump-0b5ab109-1a5e-4397-b54b-5f17d802c029.html

President Trump and some of his senior officials are losing patience with the doctors’ orders.

The state of play: Amid dire predictions for jobs and the economy, the White House is beginning to send signals to business that there's light at the end of the tunnel — that the squeeze from nationwide social distancing won't be endless.

Trump tweeted at 10 minutes to midnight: "WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF. AT THE END OF THE 15 DAY PERIOD [which began a week ago, March 16], WE WILL MAKE A DECISION AS TO WHICH WAY WE WANT TO GO!"

Vice President Pence, who heads the White House's Coronavirus Task Force, had signaled the change in tone earlier when he said the CDC will issue guidance today allowing people exposed to the coronavirus to return to work sooner by wearing a mask for a certain length of time.

aken together, Trump’s tweet and Pence's comment supply the strongest public signals we've seen that the administration is looking for ways to get people out in the world again to fire up the economy — perhaps much sooner than Dr. Fauci would like.

Trump is responding both to his own instincts and to messages that key outside allies have been sending for days. 

He retweeted a number of those outside allies echoing similar stances on Monday morning.

Senior Trump officials, including the president himself, have only limited patience for keeping the economy shut down. They are watching stocks tumble and unemployment skyrocket.

What’s next: At the end of the 15-day period, there will likely be a serious clash between the public health experts — who will almost certainly favor a longer period of nationwide social distancing and quarantining — versus the president and his economic and political aides, who are anxious to restart the economy.

43 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Very distressing to see the trending # terms on twitter. Half are bashing of Pelosi and Schumer. The Democrats are getting completely out maneuvered by the Republicans on digital propaganda campaigns.

While it is sad to see the smarter, better ideas being outmanuevered, stupid has been the prevailing American characteristic over the last few years, so that's just the way it goes.

Plus, twitter. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Your state prides itself on its low state taxes. My state has higher taxes, but they are earmarked directly for other things. In spite of the disparity between states, both you and I pay 10x more tax to the USA than we pay to our states and localities.  I have no doubt that we could magically fully fund WW3 against China and Russia at 1000x the cost we may have to pay for coronavirus.  If the USA can't step up and fund this for Americans, then we really don't need a USA anymore. If states are important, then let them be important. 

My little mention wasn't in response to anything in particular, other than Lobo's cogent points about states.  Texas' tax burden isn't as low as it/we would like to pretend.  It's in the upper half.

But, in the constitutional scheme, states are more than merely convenient administrative units.  It's somewhat unique in that regard.

In this particular instance, the federal government has a definite role to play, because this is a truly national issue that needs to be addressed on both a national and more local level.  As far as I can tell the federal government has abdicated it.

I’m torn.  I’m scared shitless at the thought Trump, despite near unanimous advice from the entire medical community worldwide, is going to attempt and force his will on the American people and send people back to work in a last ditch attempt to prop up his precious economy.  

But at the same time, this country is going to look so drastically different in 7-10 days time I find it will be hard for even him to overcome such a thing. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Is he having one of his Coronavirus Maga rallies today? Shit could go completely off the rails if he gets going in front of the camera. 

11 minutes ago, Chet Steadman said:

I’m torn.  I’m scared shitless at the thought Trump, despite near unanimous advice from the entire medical community worldwide, is going to attempt and force his will on the American people and send people back to work in a last ditch attempt to prop up his precious economy.  

But at the same time, this country is going to look so drastically different in 7-10 days time I find it will be hard for even him to overcome such a thing. 

This guy ain't making it 7-10 days. Within the next 2-3 days, he's going to say to go back to work if you have been self isolating and have no symptoms. 

Without massive testing access and ramping up of the key medical supply chains, he will prolong the crisis stage (which we’re not even in yet). We’re still in the dark.
  • Like 1

Without massive testing access and ramping up of the key medical supply chains, he will prolong the crisis stage (which we’re not even in yet). We’re still in the dark.
This. And he's going to blame blue states for this and withhold federal funding.

5 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

It's surreal, isn't it? We're at the part of the movie where every single person in the theater is screaming, "Listen to the scientists and doctors!" while the ominous music is playing. Trump is wandering off set looking for a different reality.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

WHERE ARE THE MASKS? THE TESTS? THE VENTILATORS? THIS IS WHY WE NEED LEADERS!

Yep.  Trump should have been talking to industry, saying "what can you do for your country in it's time of need"?  That's what leaders do.  

11 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

What in the ever loving fuck? 

Somebody gonna show Capt. Dipshit a map of the virus cases along the Texas/Mexico border.  3,500 miles of border between AZ/NM/TX and Mexico.  With several million living on either side within 100 miles of it.  And not even 50 confirmed cases yet.  Shit, the hotspots along the U.S.-Canadian border are much more inflamed with the virus, but that doesn't jive with your base, does it---Mr. President?  Now, this would be an excellent time to revisit the topic of virtual/smart borders and certainly continue to review our flight restrictions day-to-day.  Engage in that exercise sir, and I'll be there to support you.  

Oh my god, the fucking guy still thinks that Corona (which sounds 'Mexican' or 'Spanish') is behind this.  Which is it, China or the Brewery?  

we have the most gutless media.  in Trump's press conference rallies, they let him lie with impunity.  during the middle of his ramblings, they should yell out "LIE!"  or "THAT'S NOT TRUE!"  and they should attack attack attack during the Q&A.  embarrass his ass.  and if the journalist gets banned, another steps in place.  people need to step up.

• Like 5

yeah, I don't think any editor or producer is gonna fire one of their correspondents for calling out Trump's shit.  I mean, yeah his base might quit watching NBC Nightly News or quit reading the WaPo, but I don't really think that was a demographic you had captured anyway.  

9 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

We have more confirmed deaths than Mexico has cases, but never change Donald!

right? the mouthbeathers were cheering "FINALLY" when Trump closed the border to Mexico last week, as if Mexico is somehow the problem.

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Very distressing to see the trending # terms on twitter. Half are bashing of Pelosi and Schumer. The Democrats are getting completely out maneuvered by the Republicans on digital propaganda campaigns. If they don’t figure out how to better harness the digital world very quickly, we could be staring at four more years of Trump and a Republican held Senate. That is insane to think about given what a train wreck Presidency this has been, but we are a nation of morons that can only digest the latest burp of media stories.

I’ve been saying it for weeks.  People should be blasting hashtags like #TrumpVirus #TrumpPlague #TrumpCrash all over social media.  

But Dems also need to be patient.  Do your job now and make it clear you’re working to make things better and to provide meaningful aid to those who need it.  Note along the way what you’re doing, why it’s important, and why it will help.  Point out what the admin and GOP congressmen are doing that is stupid.  But withhold ultimate political judgment until the pain from this pandemic is undeniable. Then while we’re all surveying the damage, make very clear who did this to the American people.

5 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

we have the most gutless media.  in Trump's press conference rallies, they let him lie with impunity.  during the middle of his ramblings, they should yell out "LIE!"  or "THAT'S NOT TRUE!"  and they should attack attack attack during the Q&A.  embarrass his ass.  and if the journalist gets banned, another steps in place.  people need to step up.

yeah, i'm usually more reserved in my requests for the press to hammer him at times like this, but they can be aggressive with their follow-ups for sure, especially when he finally calls on them and engages.

last week when someone asked him about the stock dumps, and how several senators were involved.  trump said, "yeah, i know feinstein was one of them, is that who you're talking about?"  and the reporter was like "well, i was referring to burr and loeffler, and some others."  and trump was like, "i noticed you didn't mention feinstein."  that's when the reporter should've said "well, that's because you just did.  there were 6 suspected of doing it, and 5 were republicans, do you think it's responsible to only mention the one democrat?  do you think this is a partisan situation?"  but of course she didn't.

i was actually shocked yesterday when the reporter in the front row said "was that sarcasm?" when trump said the nonsense about romney.  maybe they're getting more comfortable because this is now a daily thing.

also (while we're railing on reporters) i'm getting really tired of the instances where a reporter asks two questions - one of them is always a stumbling block for trump.  and every single time he'll answer the easier one (typically the 2nd one) then call on somebody else.  every time, without fail.  dude, just ask your one tough question.  don't spend 6 minutes crafting two long questions when you're speaking to someone who has the attention span and focus of a fruit fly.

13 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Frustrating to the Nth degree.  Our press is failing us miserably, just like the rest of our institutions.  Merica!

3 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

I’ve been saying it for weeks.  People should be blasting hashtags like #TrumpVirus #TrumpPlague #TrumpCrash all over social media.  

But Dems also need to be patient.  Do your job now and make it clear you’re working to make things better and to provide meaningful aid to those who need it.  Note along the way what you’re doing, why it’s important, and why it will help.  Point out what the admin and GOP congressmen are doing that is stupid.  But withhold ultimate political judgment until the pain from this pandemic is undeniable. Then while we’re all surveying the damage, make very clear who did this to the American people.

It would help if the Democrats had a foreign government to do the dirty work.

7 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Frustrating to the Nth degree.  Our press is failing us miserably, just like the rest of our institutions.  Merica!

He attacks them, and they sit there with blank faces, and then continue barking out questions like trained seals. It's very frustrating to watch. 

15 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

I'm an independent who can't stand either party, but I don't think I'll ever forgive the Rs for this shit. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

I'm an independent who can't stand either party, but I don't think I'll ever forgive the Rs for this shit. 

I'm a former independent too...I say former, because unfortunately, the Republicans have made it impossible to be an Independent anymore.

Gone are the days when we can edge one way or the other based on nuanced policy differences.   

• Like 2