Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

"We were given rules and specifications from a different time."
Is he blaming this on time-travelers or something?  
I said I wished he would die and save the nation on hornfans and I got banned.  Again.  

Hornfans? Why would you wish ill-will on the host of Celebrity Apprentice back in 2007 when people used that site?

oh man, I've participated in yougov.com surveys for a while. most are about household products. today I got this one I'm excited to participate in.

Topic:

Now we would like to ask you about your views on politics. On the next screen you will see questions about the executive (president), legislature (Congress), and judiciary (courts), as well as about the news media and the political actions of individual citizens. The questions will ask you to evaluate how well certain principles or values of democratic government are being upheld in practice in the United States.

2 hours ago, TXSG8R said:

Yea, I never understood how someone like Hitler could rise to power without the public tapping the brakes at some point. Now I get it, some people buy in and just dig their fucking heels in.  Pure tribalism. 

Well at least in that case they got snazzy Hugo Boss uniforms to make them feel cool.

We just get shitty red trucker hats.  Very Merkuh.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

"We were given rules and specifications from a different time."

Is he blaming this on time-travelers or something?  

I said I wished he would die and save the nation on hornfans and I got banned.  Again.  

episode 4 thats a name ive not heard in a long time GIF by Star Wars

Edited by Michael Knight
  • Like 4

We might be fucked

Justin Penn, a Pittsburgh voter who calls himself politically independent, favored Joseph R. Biden Jr. in a matchup with President Trump until recently. But the president’s performance during the coronavirus outbreak has Mr. Penn reconsidering.

“I think he’s handled it pretty well,” he said of the president, whose daily White House appearances Mr. Penn catches on Facebook after returning from his job as a bank security guard. “I think he’s tried to keep people calm,” he said. “I know some people don’t think he’s taking it seriously, but I think he’s doing the best with the information he had.”

Kathleen Mathien, an independent in Maricopa County, Ariz., said that she did not vote for Mr. Trump, but that her opinion of him had risen during his White House appearances to talk about the virus.

“He’s not one to be bullied,” she said, adding that she also saw flashes of empathy, a trait many critics find lacking in Mr. Trump.

Ms. Mathien, 64, a designer of cabinetry, explained that she doesn’t closely follow politics and finds it difficult to get a true understanding of candidates beyond the “smoke and mirrors” they project. “It’s so hard sometimes to vote if you don’t know who the real person is,” she said. Undecided as of now, she said Mr. Trump has a chance to win her vote.

Two months ago, Neil Ferguson of Earling, Iowa, stood in a corner for Senator Amy Klobuchar at Iowa’s Democratic caucuses. But he is displeased today by Democrats criticizing Mr. Trump’s leadership and wants the country to rally around the president at a time of national emergency.

“At some point we’ve got to get behind this together,” he said. “Every step of the way he’s criticized,” he said of the president. “I know a lot of voters out here that say yeah, had they given the guy a chance, maybe things would have been a lot better.”

Mr. Ferguson, 67, who is retired from the military, regularly watches the White House briefings, and though he sometimes winces over the president’s rambling delivery, he is impressed with Vice President Mike Pence and with Mr. Trump’s responses to reporters.

“When he gets to the question-and-answer period, he is pretty point-on,” he said. Four years ago Mr. Ferguson voted for a third-party candidate, but this year he has decided to vote for the president.

Among voters already supportive of Mr. Trump, recent polling shows their enthusiasm to support him in November is running well ahead of the enthusiasm of Biden backers. Janice Friedel, a professor in Des Moines and a Democrat, liked Mr. Trump before the virus hit, and now her support has grown stronger.

“I thought President Trump was doing OK, but this really has brought out his strong leadership, his ability to bring people together across the aisle,” she said. “I am a Democrat, but I am going to vote for him. I don’t see leadership on the Democratic side. But I certainly will vote for Trump.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/31/us/politics/trump-approval-rating.html

Edited by Michael Knight

C'mon now, there are serious judicial races in Texas that only a Republican will win and it's up to us to get prudent, pragmatic, non-insane people elected to those benches.  Jeff Rose is one of them.  You'd be very interested/pleased to see the Venn Diagram of the supporters I have lined up for him, Rep. Eddie Rodriguez for State Senate, and Joe Biden for POTUS.  I'd say there's probably 60% overlap and growing each week.  People still know about politics in Texas and want Cornyn and Trump to burn in hell for how they've sold us out.  

But yeah, I get it.  First rule of 2020 Fight Club is Trump gets booted or dies.  Second rule is I need people I can do business with in Texas.  Third rule is yeah, let's do some good. 

29 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Geebus, he had a intel briefing at noon today.

1. Was he actually listening for once?

2. Did he tweet this during the briefing?

3. Is he planning a diversion from the virus cause that would be on brand for him?

Dude has been wanting to invade Iran since day 1.  Has yet to get the necessary backing for it. This is far from his first test balloon on the matter. They always come when some other real or Trumpmade crisis is going on. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

yeah, we'll see.  none of the h2h polls with biden have been encouraging for trump at all.

i feel like every story reads about the same (and has for years): you know, i didn't vote for trump, i don't really pay that much attention, i've always voted democrat, but you know, he's really impressed me recently with the ___________ and how he's handled the ______________.  i think the media/democrats/american people are treating him unfairly and misjudging his ability.

fuck. these. people.

there is no such thing as an undecided voter.  nobody is winning or losing your vote right now.  that goes for trump people, biden people, bernie people, or anti-somebody people.  there are voters and non-voters.  but everyone who is going to vote knows who they're voting for (at least 98-99% do at least).  if you don't have evidence of what type of president he is after 3+ years, but somehow this has convinced you, then you're either full of shit, or you're too dumb to consume oxygen on this planet, and should be put out to pasture.

if you pull the lever for any republican in november, then you just made the list, and we'll see you at the fucking finish line.  enough with this shit.

counterpoint: turnout trumps everything.  if people are getting warm feelings for trump, voter enthusiasm goes up, turnout goes up a percent or two.

58 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Ask Mitch what exactly the "government" would have done differently if there had been no impeachment and trial.  Let's say it never happened.  How would things be different than they are today?  Because he was acquitted on February 5, and the timeline shows Trump didn't think much of COVID-29 after that.

February 24:

February 27:

February 28th: During a rally in South Carolina, Trump alleges Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus, calling it “their new hoax.”

If Trump says these things, then 53 Senators agree, full-stop.  So again, Mitch, what would be different if the impeachment process was all a dream?

Not. A. Damn. Thing.  

again, he needs to be called out on these lies in real time.  the media needs to stop being respectful, because they sure as hell aren't treated with respect by Trump and his sycophants. 

Edited by Jive Turkey
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

he's baaaack:

That is the most transparent attempt to rally public opinion behind you using our country's defense as a pawn.

Just cheap bullshit false bravado.

And if he was actually briefed that information, I truly doubt the DoD or CIA or whomever appreciates him running to twitter to spout off about it.

18 minutes ago, DigDug said:

That is the most transparent attempt to rally public opinion behind you using our country's defense as a pawn.

Just cheap bullshit false bravado.

And if he was actually briefed that information, I truly doubt the DoD or CIA or whomever appreciates him running to twitter to spout off about it.

Oh I'm pretty sure by this time our top agency officials know when they give the wingnut in chief information, that he's going use it publicly somehow.

Edited by SameSame

Imagine if you will that Colin Powell had testified as to "information and belief" regarding WMD in Iraq.

I mean, it was bad enough he lied about his "information".  Had he couched his testimony as a gut feeling, he would have been crucified.

But here we are.

Speaking of the wingnut-in-chief, his press briefing will begin soon. I may have to listen on my phone as dinner is slightly more complicated prep tonight.

If you have a Task Force Briefing bingo card with OIL or IRAN you are probably money right now. Other good cards have 2.2 million, NAVY, INVISIBLE ENEMY and WAR.

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Speaking of the wingnut-in-chief, his press briefing will begin soon. I may have to listen on my phone as dinner is slightly more complicated prep tonight.

If you have a Task Force Briefing bingo card with OIL or IRAN you are probably money right now. Other good cards have 2.2 million, NAVY, INVISIBLE ENEMY and WAR.

when you get tired of wars against invisible enemies, iran is always a good substitute.

"We're building hospitals at a rate that nobody has ever seen before.  They're mobile hospitals.  They're not mobile.  They're incredible structures.  But we're building many hospitals.  We're building hospitals at a rate this country has never done before."

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

C'mon now, there are serious judicial races in Texas that only a Republican will win and it's up to us to get prudent, pragmatic, non-insane people elected to those benches.  Jeff Rose is one of them.  You'd be very interested/pleased to see the Venn Diagram of the supporters I have lined up for him, Rep. Eddie Rodriguez for State Senate, and Joe Biden for POTUS.  I'd say there's probably 60% overlap and growing each week.  People still know about politics in Texas and want Cornyn and Trump to burn in hell for how they've sold us out.  

But yeah, I get it.  First rule of 2020 Fight Club is Trump gets booted or dies.  Second rule is I need people I can do business with in Texas.  Third rule is yeah, let's do some good. 

I like Jeff Rose but if you’re talking about the third court of appeals he is going to lose in the fall. Travis County will destroy his chances. The republicans got wiped out in that court in 2018.

13 minutes ago, Chooky said:

"We're building hospitals at a rate that nobody has ever seen before.  They're mobile hospitals.  They're not mobile.  They're incredible structures.  But we're building many hospitals.  We're building hospitals at a rate this country has never done before."

Seems like a lot of effort for something that’s just gonna go away this month. 

10 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Am I the only one who thinks that the Rogue Melania account just isn't funny?  I mean, it could be were it done by a better satirist but it's just all low-hanging fruit.

Its hit or miss, but is also someone in the white house, with insider knowledge, which makes it required reading, imo.

There was no way I was going to stop making my red sauce for ravioli for a bunch of big burly generals, crying or not. Please tell me there were medical doctors at this briefing at some point. I had to turn my phone off about ten minutes in so I missed basically all of it and all I saw at the start were a bunch of medals and pretty ribbons (which I'm sure were well-earned) but did the actual people who know something about THE INVISIBLE ENEMY ever appear?

Oh, and war on drugs counts as WAR for the bingo card so you can 'dab' your spot. If you had gowns or Logan Act, then you are way ahead of the rest of us.

3 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

They are already getting a 500 billion dollar unmonitored slush fund. The greed is boundless. 

yeah its tough to watch this still happening. Been like this for so long. Won't change till it collapses I am afraid

Oil has been directing our foreign policy since the day the boomers were born. can we get the boomer aids to please take out our oily overlords? on can dream

Edited by staboner

2 hours ago, Chooky said:

Reminds me of Major General Bartford Hamilton Steele

harry-morgan.jpg

But first, a tune...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Ask Mitch what exactly the "government" would have done differently if there had been no impeachment and trial.  Let's say it never happened.  How would things be different than they are today?  Because he was acquitted on February 5, and the timeline shows Trump didn't think much of COVID-29 after that.

February 24:

February 27:

If Trump says these things, then 53 Senators agree, full-stop.  So again, Mitch, what would be different if the impeachment process was all a dream?

Not. A. Damn. Thing.  

again, he needs to be called out on these lies in real time.  the media needs to stop being respectful, because they sure as hell aren't treated with respect by Trump and his sycophants. 

Counterpoint: if team (R) cared about the Constitution or country, we would have a more competent leader (not much, but definitely more) who would be a steadier hand in this debacle.  Pence would not have lead as many sheep over the misinformation cliff.  Instead, they traded our future on the 50/50 chance (at that time, less now) that they would hold onto their power.  That vote was our country’s turning point, not a distraction.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

February 24:

February 27:

Not. A. Damn. Thing.  

On the positive side, Trump was holding rallies and possibly spreading CORONA to his fans en masse while getting paid to do it since he's drumming up funds for his reelection.  This should piss them off, but nah, it was all a big Liberal hoax.

Edited by Mdhorn