Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I cannot find the words for my rage right now.

On the plus side, I think I better understand what Jesus meant by the phrase brood of vipers. Also, I think I might finally be able to start to wrap my head around Revelations.

Psalm 10 seems appropriate right now: In his arrogance, the wicked man hunts down the weak... His mouth is full of lies and threats; trouble and evil are under his tongue. He lies in wait near the villages; from ambush he murders the innocent. His eyes watch in secret for his victims; like a lion in cover he lies in wait. He lies in wait to catch the helpless; he catches the helpless and drags them off in his net.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

It's been said over and over that there is no bottom. Then there is a gif of Pence being sad. And I laugh, but I shouldn't. Because there is no bottom.

Speaking of Pence, I didn't notice him in the church photo op.  Noticed the new press sec and Barr, however.

21 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Ronald Regan is spinning in his grave. Republicans should really start thinking about their party values vs. actions. 

we lost logic a long time ago bud. been a war since. 

there is no mechanism for correction. There is no way to communicate and now because of that there is no leadership. the trump supporters are in their homes tonight wishing the armed forces all the best in their quest to rid America of evil. 

best outcome you can hope for is some semblance of a treaty is brought into play by whatever common folks are left - bush and other republicans that likely don't have re-election on their mind + some other pieces/places of society + some non-establishment "left" people.

We need a leader bad. stat. I just don't know what that looks like. 

Edited by staboner
  • Like 2

Im really sitting here trying to wrap my head around whats happening.  Ive dismissed Brisket's ledge talk for a while, but for the first time, I have to give him some credit.  We are at a tipping point.  Its not that Trump said some dumb shit about the insurrection act.  Trump says dumb shit all the time.  Its the fact that the fucking SEC DEF seems to be on board.  The senate is in his pocket.  The DoJ is willing to break the law at his call.  The SC is majority right.  

There are so many little decisions and changes that loom large now.  Expansion of executive branch powers, congress doing more and more through simple majority votes and CRs.  The senate selling out and bowing to another branch.  We have an executive that is threatening to override governors to send US troops into their states.  Unless some Rs grow spines, I really dont see a way to stop it either.  I cant imagine it, but I think we are going to have military commanders having to break ranks and push back on the fucking SEC DEF and joint chiefs to get them to understand they wont comply with unlawful orders.  

31 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Ronald Regan is spinning in his grave. Republicans should really start thinking about their party values vs. actions. 

It's too late for that. 

I'm hopeful that the millenials will hold this administration against the Rs for decades. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

So how long until the Trumpers say Rev. Mariann Budde is not a real Christian and how dare people question such a pious man like Donald Mother Fucking Trump!  I can hear Lou Dobbs blathering about it in the next 24 hours.

Women clergy do not count 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

It's too late for that. 

I'm hopeful that the millenials will hold this administration against the Rs for decades. 

Who knows man. Millennials are so self absorbed I can’t see how the usual phony tax cut  promises won’t make them fall in line.  I guess we’ll see.

I can’t believe I’m typing this, but I think George W Bush is in a unique position to inject some sanity.  If he comes out publicly against Trump’s dealings with this situation, perhaps flanked by other prominent (likely non-serving) Republicans, it would go a long way to quelling some of the panic and really give the green light for any remaining sane conservatives to jump ship.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

I was a self absorbed millenial until recently. I've never been a political animal. Now I'm about to get involved.

Our country and way of life are on the line. I don't know how anyone can remain indifferent or ambivalent at this point. 

Yeah, a lot of people poked fun at Biden a few months ago when he called this election a "battle for the soul of this county."

But...it kind of is.

• Like 1

And I don't know a soul who's not been battered
I don't have a friend who feels at ease
I don't know a dream that's not been shattered
or driven to its knees
But it's all right, it's all right
We've lived so well so long
Still, when I think of the road
we're traveling on
I wonder what's gone wrong
I can't help it, I wonder what's gone wrong

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Hilarious, really. A photo op in front of a church that’s he never goes to and he’s holding a bible. I only wish he would’ve tried to lead a prayer. 

If I were a journalist I totally would have yelled out asking him to lead us and the nation in prayer. I would love to see that. He would give thanks for himself in a mushmouth string of sentences slightly resembling a prayer. 

• Haha 1

No shit.  I was brought up in the church and still consider myself a fading Christian.  I get nervous leading the family prayer.  It's no moment for the weak of spirit.
"Dear God, we are continuating to ask for your God-like guidance in these these times, these great times, some say the greatest times.  I met with a priest, a great priest, and a rabbit, one of our finest Jewish men, and they both said 'sir you are a great leader in religion, and we are so in awesome of your religion leadership'.  I don't know, I think a lot of churches think that but maybe not, I don't know.  We are making America Great Again after the last administration left us with nothings and I closed the border to Jina even when my own staff said 'sir, don't do that it's too soon' but I did it and I was right.  I also had the biggest people at my inaguration.  Amen."

I was going to do this but you just about nailed it.