Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

11 minutes ago, miguelito said:

I guess Trump's schedule wasn't very full if he has time to be a tourist at all the DC religious sites.

He’s never doing anything except playing President for tv, tweeting, or watching tv. There’s not any actual governing happening

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

He’s never doing anything except playing President for tv, tweeting, or watching tv. There’s not any actual governing happening

Don't forget the legally meaningless executive orders. Although I suppose that's part of playing president on TV. 

Imagine if we had this reality tv star as president

The America I Love Needs to Do Better

Patriotism isn’t just the blind love of our flag. It is the work we do to improve our country for every American.

Arnold Schwarzenegger

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/05/arnold-schwarzenegger-america-needs-do-better/612442/

• Like 1

13 hours ago, yoladu said:

oh yeah! in fact, it recalls the guts he displayed after he graduated Wharton/UPenn and could no longer use his education deferments to avoid the Vietman War.

#bonespurs

real tough guy.

The supporting tweets of family and bootlickers is a parade of the criminally pathetic. "Balls of steel." "Raw courage."

He used armed, armored, disciplined paramilitary police to clear a crowd of people breaking no law and whom had not threatened to do so.

He ordered an area cleared so that no protester was close enough to even see him or be seen.

He was surrounded by the best security force in the world and had the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs nearby to hold his hand.

Here's Richard Nixon days after Kent State. 

kent-state-protests-president-nixon_feat

I despise Nixon, but I'll give him credit for guts. I also believe he cared more about the USA than himself.

Here's LBJ showing the political courage to cut loose DixieCrats in order to do the right thing:

ap640118048_wide-f10f37e3ee6167a1f69ea65

I recall old black men and women climbing the steps of the LBJ Library to pay respects to his body and memory. 

Trump has not a single trace of guts or political courage. He's walking across a defended lawn and across a cleared street up to a church to flash a book he's never read. Millions cheer him. Ceaselessly astonishing.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

I can't wait until Jr. comes home from UT in 15 years and asks me, "Dad, What did you do in The Battle of Bunker Bitch?"

There ought to be a monument.  

He'll be coming home from the University of Trump home of the Fightin' Texas Aggie Bonespurs where he was assigned to attend because his father is a nogoodnick impossible to reform. From the Trump OAN Times:

The elder Fuck was snagged off a ledge of drunks by a black helicopter because the light color of his skin labeled him as redeemable. 

Fuck invoked the names of Brisket, RomaVicta, Hugo Stiglitz and others during corrective shock treatments that failed to conform him. The rest of the drunks on the ledge were "accidentally" swept off of it by machine gun fire. It had nothing to do with skin color, we don't know why you would bring that up.

Sadly, another white person was killed. RomaVicta was mistaken for an Italian woman due to his name and his weeping pleas for mercy. The ledge incident became known as President For Life Trump's greatest military victory. Other than Victa, the drunks threw empties and shook their formidable genitalia at the attack helicopters.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

this! he doesn't do shit. He does the least amount of work possible. Trump isn't going to "roll up his sleeves" on anything. He hasn't his whole life. That church photo op is a perfect example.

there was contrast between Trumps visit to a church and Biden's church visit yesterday.

Trump:  wasn't invited, stood outside the church, and posed for cameras.

Biden: invited, went into the church, met and listened to church and community leaders.

i am not so naive to think that either resulted in real substantial change, but good god, at least make it look like you care and are trying. Trump's photo op had about as much nutritional value as a slice of white bread.

48 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

i remember when we all laughed at Schwarenegger and his time as CA Governor, but goddamn, i would love this kind of Republican in the WH right now.

Edited by yoladu

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

the only people eating it up are strongly already in his corner.

if anything, this is pushing some fence-sitting religious republicans to potentially sit this one out.  nothing that has happened during his presidency the impeachment the coronavirus the protests is making undecided people want to vote for him.

Well, look at that 

10 minutes ago, smuggs said:

Another photo on that feed:

EZg3BYbU4AA4dgJ?format=jpg&name=900x900

The man I think was likely the worst president of my life is still actually a man and never seemed lacking in humanity. Foreign policy with humility (prior to Iraq). Help to the AIDS crisis in Africa. There he is looking as natural as Obama with the people.

Now we have a bloodless, spineless, soulless, shame to invertebrates everywhere glomping across the WH Lawn like MacArthur returning to The Philippines.

spacer.png

This was a photo-op, too, but at least there was some achievement behind it.

There are so many great Americans from history I would love to see in a death match with Bunker Bitch Trump.

Edited by RomaVicta

i wish Obama and Bush would team up for a PSA. something, anything...show the contrast. i'd say all the living presidents but i fear a Clinton presence would just muddy the waters/issue. but Obama and Bush, the immediate predecessors...i feel like that would have some weight? i dunno...shit is pretty fucked. 😟

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:
17 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:
46% is still MILLIONS of people.  That's what blows my mind.

But only 21% think America is heading in the right direction. Trump better start cracking the whip on those remaining 25% of MAGA who aren't totaling sipping the Kool Aid.

I bet if you asked them why they answered the way they did the answers would blow your mind. I bet a good chunk of that 46% would say something like "It's dangerous to be white!" or some bullshit. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i wish Obama and Bush would team up for a PSA. something, anything...show the contrast. i'd say all the living presidents but i fear a Clinton presence would just muddy the waters/issue. but Obama and Bush, the immediate predecessors...i feel like that would have some weight? i dunno...shit is pretty fucked. 😟

Interesting.  Ask and ye shall receive (at least in part) - George and Laura Bush just released a statement.  And sweet lord, contrast this to what's been coming from the White House:

“Laura and I are anguished by the brutal suffocation of George Floyd and disturbed by the injustice and fear that suffocate our country. Yet we have resisted the urge to speak out, because this is not the time for us to lecture. It is time for us to listen. It is time for America to examine our tragic failures – and as we do, we will also see some of our redeeming strengths.

It remains a shocking failure that many African Americans, especially young African American men, are harassed and threatened in their own country. It is a strength when protesters, protected by responsible law enforcement, march for a better future. This tragedy — in a long series of similar tragedies — raises a long overdue question: How do we end systemic racism in our society? The only way to see ourselves in a true light is to listen to the voices of so many who are hurting and grieving. Those who set out to silence those voices do not understand the meaning of America — or how it becomes a better place.

America’s greatest challenge has long been to unite people of very different backgrounds into a single nation of justice and opportunity. The doctrine and habits of racial superiority, which once nearly split our country, still threaten our Union. The answers to American problems are found by living up to American ideals — to the fundamental truth that all human beings are created equal and endowed by God with certain rights. We have often underestimated how radical that quest really is, and how our cherished principles challenge systems of intended or assumed injustice. The heroes of America — from Frederick Douglass, to Harriet Tubman, to Abraham Lincoln, to Martin Luther King, Jr. — are heroes of unity. Their calling has never been for the fainthearted. They often revealed the nation’s disturbing bigotry and exploitation — stains on our character sometimes difficult for the American majority to examine. We can only see the reality of America’s need by seeing it through the eyes of the threatened, oppressed, and disenfranchised.

That is exactly where we now stand. Many doubt the justice of our country, and with good reason. Black people see the repeated violation of their rights without an urgent and adequate response from American institutions. We know that lasting justice will only come by peaceful means. Looting is not liberation, and destruction is not progress. But we also know that lasting peace in our communities requires truly equal justice. The rule of law ultimately depends on the fairness and legitimacy of the legal system. And achieving justice for all is the duty of all.

This will require a consistent, courageous, and creative effort. We serve our neighbors best when we try to understand their experience. We love our neighbors as ourselves when we treat them as equals, in both protection and compassion. There is a better way — the way of empathy, and shared commitment, and bold action, and a peace rooted in justice. I am confident that together, Americans will choose the better way.”

Was W a good president?  Nope.  Compared to what we have in there now, was he a great president?  Yep.

• Like 4