Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, DigDug said:

That read like poetry.   I’ve had similar experiences.  Letting those people go from your life is freeing.  Screw her.

True.  Like Gooby, I used to value getting the last word in.  Now I find the quiet unfriend to work better.  Getting the last word in is pointless everywhere except surly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

My point is...why post it at all? So some dudes on the internet could agree with you that you don't wanna bang her anymore? Cool cool coolcoolcool. Very hip. Very surly. emoji849.png

Your description of how far gone politically she is was enough. You didn't need to drag her physical appearance into this, much less post an actual photo. Would you have done the same if it was an old guy friend of yours?

Posting her pic was in very poor taste.  However, having seen it, she isn't bad looking for her age.  Its her styling that's very "Karen."  Why do Karens nearly always have a similar style.

1 hour ago, ryskey said:

Don't blame you at all for your response.  Must have been infuriating, and there's a very good chance I would've done the same thing.

But at some point, we're going to have to reconcile with each other.  Someone has to be the one to turn the other cheek or at least change the subject to one on common ground.  There is just way too much division, and your ex-friend might now seek refuge in the same bullshit to salve her bruised ego.  When she came back to you to apologize, she was open to hearing your point of view, and with a little effort and encouragement from you, she might have made a big change in her life.  Apologizing isn't easy and takes some amount of character, so she's not totally lost.

Again, this is not a criticism.  It's easy for me to sit here and type this after reading your story as a random person on the internet.  I might not have had the patience to practice what I preach if I were in your shoes.  In fact I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have.

This is difficult.  I want the schism to shrink but it takes a superhero level of mental strength to do that.

Great post.

10 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Posting her pic was in very poor taste.  However, having seen it, she isn't bad looking for her age.  Its her styling that's very "Karen."  Why do Karens nearly always have a similar style.

And it's "borrowed" from that crazy bitch from the crazy reality show that I can't even remember the name of.  From 20 years ago?

Jon & Kate Plus Eight.  Kill me now.

220px-Kate_Gosselin.jpg

And even KateKaren has ditched it.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

Still repping the demon sperm lady

I don’t know about demon sperm, but  I completely agree with  her assertion that sex with demons is real and leads to bad things.  I know this from first hand experience.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

And it's "borrowed" from that crazy bitch from the crazy reality show that I can't even remember the name of.  From 20 years ago?

Are you talking about Kate plus 8?  I think she had a similar hairstyle when that show was out.

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Great post.

Yep, best play would have been to calmly tell her you'll accept her apology if she can truthfully explain why she reflexively believed that bunk and attacked a long-time family friend without even stopping to question or think about it. 

Make her think about her behavior, then ask her if she would want her children treated that way (works in this situation because your relationship with her was through your dad).

That being said, I also completely understand those who've just had enough and are out of patience. I've spoken up on some old friends' posts but it never works. At some point everyone has enough, but in this case she tried to apologize. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Jon & Kate Plus Eight.  Kill me now.

220px-Kate_Gosselin.jpg

And even KateKaren has ditched it.

With long hair, Kate is pretty hot though.

1 hour ago, ryskey said:

But at some point, we're going to have to reconcile with each other.  Someone has to be the one to turn the other cheek

Sometimes after inserting the bayonet, I have to put a boot on the chest and turn my cheek as I haul out the blade. Just sort of a natural motion to get leverage.

Plus, don't they claim to be the Christians here?

[You're right about finding common ground. I just suspect that place is illusory as Trumpists have been made argument and discussion proof.]

19 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yep, best play would have been to calmly tell her you'll accept her apology if she can truthfully explain why she reflexively believed that bunk and attacked a long-time family friend without even stopping to question or think about it. 

Make her think about her behavior, then ask her if she would want her children treated that way (works in this situation because your relationship with her was through your dad).

That being said, I also completely understand those who've just had enough and are out of patience. I've spoken up on some old friends' posts but it never works. At some point everyone has enough, but in this case she tried to apologize. 

And that's it for me.  Between my parents and my in-laws, I feel like I'm surrounded by this shit.  As mentioned, I didn't say anything about Trump, rather, pointing out the sheer lunacy of the woman who's being hailed as a hero.  It spun on me very quickly, and my threshold for this bullshit is very low.

I appreciate her attempt to apologize.  Maybe after all this bullshit is over with, we can put it behind us, but I think we can all see that shit's gonna get worse before it gets better and I don't want to wade through that stuff on my page.  So I remain dug in.  She can commence with sand pounding.

2 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Jfc what an interview. Fuck anyone who supports this bumbling corrupt traitor. Fuck any state that goes red. 

Yep.  He’s a traitor.  Unfortunately so are another 30% of the country.  Where have I seen this before?

Firing squad?  Hanging?  These are the questions we should be asking.  Not ‘Can he win again?’ 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nope said:

His latest heist 

@SEC

something is missing here.

1. id be curious who in the trump circle bought kodak stock in the past 60 days

2. there are plenty of pharmaceutical drug makers in the US, why not partner with an established company ?

3. kodak is studied in every business school on how to fail, im wondering again trump's connection 

59 minutes ago, Gooby said:

My post has been deleted, thanks to the mods.  If you have quoted that post, could the rest of you please delete?  I'm a fucking dumbass and appreciate your help.

I couldn't delete it, but I reported it and reiterated in the report that you are a fucking dumbass.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nope said:

His latest heist 

@SEC

Looks like we know what stock Trump was investing in last week.

Buy up stock in old dying company.  Inject that company with a ton of taxpayer money.  Reap the benefits.  Its good to be king.

Edited by FondrenRoad

11 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

2. there are plenty of pharmaceutical drug makers in the US, why not partner with an established company ?

This is the biggest  wtf of all. Trump admin is  out here throwing around  millions of dollars like their are Oprah, and Kodak is the company they feel can best bolster  our pharmaceutical supply chain here in the US? Not a US manufacturer that has actual experience doing so? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

If I didn't know any better, I'd think the President of the United States is suggesting that a news channel should be in the bag for him. 

Imagine Obama tweeting something like that about MSNBC in 2012. 

2 hours ago, Gooby said:

So yesterday, I'm perusing Facebook during a lull in the workday.  I'm friends with one of my dad's secretaries from back in the day.  She was my age, lived in my apartment complex and we often hung out platonically...she had a boyfriend at Texas State while we were in Houston.  I have worked in media for a number of years, so I always look at things with a cynical eye at first, then will do my best to read up and follow up and learn more if the issue strikes a chord with me. I saw that she posted the Stella Immanuel bullshit, and I went to the Daily Beast website and copied and pasted the parts about her beliefs in demon semen and all that.  She comes right back with "WHERE DID YOU HEAR THAT???" and I told her that it was from Daily Beast.  About 20 minutes goes by and she comes back with "Oh, some left leaning "news" site?"  I told her that DB was pretty down the middle and even linked with some studies and media ratings, and then said "This woman is completely full of shit" and she comes right back with "How about you believe what you want to believe and I will do the same."  I replied, "OK, cool.  Tell the lizard people I said 'Hey'."  And then she unfriended me.  I didn't say a word about Trump or even attempt to go there.  20 years of knowing each other down the tubes.

Fast forward to this morning, I get a text.  "Hey...looks like you were right.  This woman is completely batshit LOL.  My apologies!", and then sends me another friend request.  My response:  "Remember at my dad's 75th birthday party (last October, for reference) when you were all "Snowflake this, and snowflake that, libtards and fuck Hillary and all"? (Mind you, no one was really talking politics at this deal)  You dropping me the way you did yesterday was about the snowflake-iest thing I've ever seen.  My family's done more shit for you that you even care to remember...(she had a fuck load of trouble with Texas State dude, and we had a weekend place in New Braunfels and there was more than a few times when they'd have a blowout and she'd come by looking for a place to flop instead of driving home upset.  If we were there, she was always invited to stay, and if we weren't, she knew where the Hide-A Key was)...and if this is how you treat a friend, go fucking pound sand.  Don't contact me again."  She comes back with "God...I'm just trying to apologize LOL", and I said "Is there a part of 'fuck right off' that you do not understand?", and that's been the last message so far.

As I type this, the whole thing looks relentlessly childish, and it is.  Social media fights are about the dumbest shit there is, and I wasn't spoiling for a fight yesterday.  At first, it kinda smarted because we've known each other for a long fucking time, but then I came to the realization that this is how it is with the True Believers, and I'm better off with that shit not on my timeline. 

Or maybe you had a legit opening to start deprogramming someone who trusts you and had shown a willingness to change their mind on at least one issue and to admit she was wrong. Those are the opportunities we should all be looking for, because that’s how you turn a Trump cultist back into a normally functioning adult.

That door has probably closed now. Don’t fuck it up next time.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

This is the biggest  wtf of all. Trump admin is  out here throwing around  millions of dollars like their are Oprah, and Kodak is the company they feel can best bolster  our pharmaceutical supply chain here in the US? Not a US manufacturer that has actual experience doing so? 

You know why already.  The CEO of Kodak is probably a quiet Trump supporter, and Trump is probably making quite a lot by insider trading.

The real surprise is that Trump is throwing money at a NY state company.  Surely, he could have done the same for US Steel instead.

3 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Or maybe you had a legit opening to start deprogramming someone who trusts you and had shown a willingness to change their mind on at least one issue and to admit she was wrong. Those are the opportunities we should all be looking for, because that’s how you turn a Trump cultist back into a normally functioning adult.

You are right, but right now, I'm in a place where I feel like these people need to marinate in their idiocy for a while.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

How is this adjusted over the centuries? Per capita based on population? In other words, I'd love to know how this economy is "worse" than the one during the Spanish Flu era. 

It's actually based on percentage drop from previous quarter. Records go back to the 1940's.

5 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

image.png.eae101f0773c29a02b6e25c97f79f397.png

The guy literally spends as much time reviewing the ratings for various TV shows than I spend watching TV overall.  

defense production act authorization for mask or testing or intubation machine manufacturers?   NAH!   DPAA for Eastman Kodak Film Corporation?  Hell yeah!

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

In other words, I'd love to know how this economy is "worse" than the one during the Spanish Flu era. 

The economy was on a war footing, and Europe was massively buying from the US at the same time we were sending a large number of workers to fight there. So in addition to the loss of life from the Flu (which the Wilson administration did virtually nothing about), you also had this massive shift to war production so unemployment dropped to under 2%. 
More here.

IOW- the economy boomed during that era. This is an economic disaster . Disasters are worse.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I see where you are coming from, but I don’t agree. The true mags believers aren’t people you try and rationalize with or convince them of the error in their ways by using facts and logic.

fuck’em.

This. Shake them off like the dust from your feet and be done with them. You cannot redeem them.