Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

21 minutes ago, Gooby said:

You are right, but right now, I'm in a place where I feel like these people need to marinate in their idiocy for a while.

Difficult call. Maybe you didn't need to cuss her, but walking away from someone can be more persuasive than words sometimes. Some acts and positions are, indeed, intolerable.

I've managed to avoid the subject with facebook people. I only comment on politics on threads started by someone else. I rarely start a thread about Trump or anything. I'm thinking maybe that should change. A great many of high school acquaintances will likely fall away. Maybe a few will consider my positions seriously and at least do a little reflection.

It's not an easy call where feeling are involved.

2 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Hearing Eckerd is in the running for the next contract. 

Blockbuster Video will begin distributing antibody tests.  But if you don’t bring back your swab by the third evening, you have to pay the loan back with interest.  

34 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Anybody remember when Republicans were infuriated by the # of Executive Orders issued by Obama?  No?

Trump  175 (50 per year)

Obama 276 (34.5 per year)

W 291 (36.4 per year)

Clinton 364 (45.5 per year)

Bush  166 (41.5 per year)

Reagan 381 (47.6 per year)

Carter 320 (80 per year)

Ford 169 (28.2 per year)

Nixon 346 (62.9 per year)

LBJ 325 (62.9 per year)

Kennedy 214 (75.4 per year)

I'll stop there.  The astute reader will note that Obama issued the fewest Executive Orders per year of the last 7 Presidents.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Anybody remember when Republicans were infuriated by the # of Executive Orders issued by Obama?  No?

Trump  175 (50 per year)

Obama 276 (34.5 per year)

W 291 (36.4 per year)

Clinton 364 (45.5 per year)

Bush  166 (41.5 per year)

Reagan 381 (47.6 per year)

Carter 320 (80 per year)

Ford 169 (28.2 per year)

Nixon 346 (62.9 per year)

LBJ 325 (62.9 per year)

Kennedy 214 (75.4 per year)

I'll stop there.  The astute reader will note that Obama issued the fewest Executive Orders per year of the last 7 Presidents.

Although EOs is not necessarily a good measure of executive power or the usurpation of same, those numbers do put the lie to the idea that executive power is a recent, GOP creation.  #bothsides.  Although Barr, Cheney et cie. seem to be taking it to 11, in no small part because of the recalcitrance of the legislature (self-inflicted).

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

seriously how disgusting can one person be? this particular set of tweets made my physically ill. what a pile of human excrement this guy is.

It’s a literal “fuck you” to the working poor and middle class who only want access to good schools and decent communities. Oh also, it’s not 1950 anymore and suburbs aren’t virtually all white. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pig Bellmont said:

It’s a literal “fuck you” to the working poor and middle class who only want access to good schools and decent communities. Oh also, it’s not 1950 anymore and suburbs aren’t virtually all white. 

it's mind bottling. it's like he actively wants to lose this shit, bigly. why the fuck would he tweet that? think it, sure, I guess I get that. We've had plenty of leaders who hated a large segment of the population, but didn't say so out loud. this whole thing is just amazing at this point. I keep asking how low he can go, and he just continuously shows me another level of cretin I didn't even know existed.

I went to a hiking trail in South Dallas in the Bon Ton neighborhood, which was one of the worst in Dallas and included two of the old-style (40s-50s) housing projects, Turner Courts and Rhoads Terrace, and they were awful.

They have torn those down, and rebuilt nice looking apartments and single-family homes all through the neighborhood and it has completely turned the place around.  There's even a farm/market in it that people from all over the city come to that provides employment for locals.

I'm sure the housing is subsidized, but it's nice and it's been there for a few years and isn't torn to shit.  When you do subsidized housing right, I don't think there's anything to fear.

IMG-20200725-105225412-HDR.jpg

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Look I know he tweeted this over an hour ago, so it is old news, but how exactly does the President of the United States lower drug prices?  Does he go to CVS/Walgreens/Duane Reade and enter the new prices in their POS system?

18 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

seriously how disgusting can one person be? this particular set of tweets made me physically ill. what a pile of human excrement this guy is.

yeah...i can't believe i'm saying this but those tweets still managed to shock me. just stunning, the quiet parts out loud.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I went to a hiking trail in South Dallas in the Bon Ton neighborhood, which was one of the worst in Dallas and included two of the old-style (40s-50s) housing projects, Turner Courts and Rhoads Terrace, and they were awful.

They have torn those down, and rebuilt nice looking apartments and single-family homes all through the neighborhood and it has completely turned the place around.  There's even a farm/market in it that people from all over the city come to that provides employment for locals.

I'm sure the housing is subsidized, but it's nice and it's been there for a few years and isn't torn to shit.  When you do subsidized housing right, I don't think there's anything to fear.

IMG-20200725-105225412-HDR.jpg

Ive been in favor of and vocal about 2 housing developments being proposed in my area of Houston for subsidized low income housing. The amount of pushback is substantial and amazing. They try to say things like infrastructure can’t support it, or even flooding and parking. But when you put the screws to them, it’s always crime and property values and Not In My Backyard bullshit. And we don’t love in the suburbs. Nice to see a success story. 

1 minute ago, Native Horn said:

Look I know he tweeted this over an hour ago, so it is old news, but how exactly does the President of the United States lower drug prices?  Does he go to CVS/Walgreens/Duane Reade and enter the new prices in their POS system?

He signed an executive order cutting Medicare payments to drug makers, which really doesn’t change anything to the consumer - but he now can try and boast that he did something for seniors despite the pandemic being out of control 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

He signed an executive order cutting Medicare payments to drug makers, which really doesn’t change anything to the consumer - but he now can try and boast that he did something for seniors despite the pandemic being out of control 

So now they will raise prices for non Medicare reimbursements. They won’t just take that loss and say, oh well 🤷🏽‍♂️

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Brought to you by the same guy who bought every bit of Remdesivir that Gilead can sell, and which Americans will get to buy for the low low price of $2,340.

If China needs Remdesivir, do you think they are going to pay Gilead a king's ransom and resell it to Chinese citizens at more than $2k a pop? 

So even in a pandemic, we can't ask a company that had 5 billion dollars in net income last year to take one on the chin to help the American people and/or get the economy back going.

3 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I see where you are coming from, but I don’t agree. The true mags believers aren’t people you try and rationalize with or convince them of the error in their ways by using facts and logic.

fuck’em.

True believers don't change their minds after learning new information, admit they were wrong, and apologize. During that moment of clarity, maybe that person would be open to rational discourse. You can always cut them off but it's not often that you can reason with them. If they present you with an opportunity to open their mind, I think you have to at least try. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trauma babe said:

My point is...why post it at all? So some dudes on the internet could agree with you that you don't wanna bang her anymore? Cool cool coolcoolcool. Very hip. Very surly. emoji849.png

Your description of how far gone politically she is was enough. You didn't need to drag her physical appearance into this, much less post an actual photo. Would you have done the same if it was an old guy friend of yours?

Have you seen blacklab's avatar?

49 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Well, he signed an order telling HHS to cut payments to drug makers, to the lowest price paid by any nation.  He didn't need an EO to do that.  And it isn't effective until HHS/CMS actually do it, which could take a year or more, not including any challenges.

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, he signed an order telling HHS to cut payments to drug makers, to the lowest price paid by any nation.  He didn't need an EO to do that.  And it isn't effective until HHS/CMS actually do it, which could take a year or more, not including any challenges.

So like everything he's done in life, he basically just put his name on it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

It's because the opposite requires him to admit some kind of fault on his part. Between this and the white power video, it also makes it the second time this month that he retweets something so obviously wrong on its face that the best excuse his handlers will be able to come up with is that he was unaware of the full content of what he was retweeting. Throughout this entire presidency, the threshold of "absurd" keeps getting pushed farther and farther back. I miss the good old days where we would point and laugh at a foreign leader like Duterte who would wave a gun on TV and blame the country's ills on demons and obviously fringe science. Yet, here I find myself today, commenting on the president of the world's only superpower retweeting a doctor who specializes more in the occult than actual medicine.

• Like 1