Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

Not to be thread police but this is turning into the "Trumptards and the stupid things they say and do" thread. 
I come here for my daily dose of schadenfreude of our Dear Leader's self demise.  I have to wade through 300 posts about Karen to get my fix and it makes me surly.

FFS Ed if you're going to complain about non-Trump shit on the Trump thread, don't have your next post be about non-Trump shit.
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Blotto said:

Kid Rock - lead vocals

Ted Nugent -  lead guitar

Gene Simmons - base

??? - Drums (may need kirk cameron or chachi to step up here)

3 hours ago, Bigpoppapump said:

FTFY

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Drums would be Joey Kramer (Aerosmith).

36 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

Drums - Tommy Lee

4 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Jonathan Cain on keyboards 

It's "bass," goddamnit. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

"It's incredible, Russia was our ally during World War II and Germany the bad guys. Nobody knows this, nobody was talking about this until me. We won a beautiful war together, tremendous war. Many people are saying Germany is still our enemy" 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

This Kodak bullshit pisses me off for so many reasons. 

We all know that it's Blockbuster who deserved that money. 

If there's anyone that's going to crack the code on finding a cure / vaccine for the novel coronovirus 19, it's a dying photo film company. I mean, the company responsible for the Instamatic can't go wrong. 

il_1588xN.2288145040_30ua.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

This Kodak bullshit pisses me off for so many reasons. 

We all know that it's Blockbuster who deserved that money. 

I thought he should have gave it to Braniff or Pan Am.  Just need a little boost and back in no time.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

This country can't survive four more years of this man.

Isn’t this exactly what he said in his inauguration speech? I agree I’m so sick of him. I want him and his whole greedy family to go away. Disappear. 

Remember when Fox News would have a body language "expert" on to slam Obama?  I remember.
I don't because I don't watch that shit and politics were completely boring under Obama and I rarely went into the cloak room or got involved.

I miss those days where you didn't have a new cluster fuck daily. Benghazi wouldn't last one news cycle in this admin.

Outside of long form journalism, the media sucks. I hate watching the BBC trying to normalize Trump- " what do you think Mr Trump was trying to say here"? I don't want Fox on both sides; buy when Trump shits his pants call it that instead of looking for "meaning". It's shit not art.

I don't because I don't watch that shit and politics were completely boring under Obama and I rarely went into the cloak room or got involved.

I miss those days where you didn't have a new cluster fuck daily. Benghazi wouldn't last one news cycle in this admin.

Outside of long form journalism, the media sucks. I hate watching the BBC trying to normalize Trump- " what do you think Mr Trump was trying to say here"? I don't want Fox on both sides; buy when Trump shits his pants call it that instead of looking for "meaning". It's shit not art.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m committed to trying to work to elect people that will try and enact laws that are aimed to try to fix the many huge problems America has.

And to hold those elected accountable to what they promise if elected.

But I’ll be damned if I don’t long for the ability to not be consumed by politics 24/7/365.

Remember when we could go multiple days, if not a couple of weeks, without being bombarded with one scandal or horror show? During Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2, and Obama I could go many days without giving them a second thought.

I certainly didn’t always like what they were doing but I didn’t spend any time worrying that they might say something horrible or racist, enact some kind of draconian EO out of blue, pull out of NATO, insult our allies, suck the cocks of dictators and enemies, or some other disgusting act.

The last four years have just been downright demoralizing and exhausting.

My kingdom for politicians who have the discipline to not tweet for just one day.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
1 hour ago, honolulu horn said:
Obama would've been assassinated if he said anything like this about conservatives. 

I was actually surprised that he never was. Granted most racist are lazy pieces of shit; but still. Secret Service have their shit together.

uh, remember when some nut hit the white house with 7 shots, and the SS dismissed it as gang violence, until a house keeper at the white house found damage caused by rifle shots? Four days after the actual shooting? And then they didn't tell Obama or Michelle, who found out about it from her valet?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_White_House_shooting

It took four days for the Secret Service to realize that bullets had struck the White House.[2] The evidence was only noticed when a housekeeper discovered broken glass and pieces of cement on the Truman Balcony[5] around midday on November 15.[2]

If there's anyone that's going to crack the code on finding a cure / vaccine for the novel coronovirus 19, it's a dying photo film company. I mean, the company responsible for the Instamatic can't go wrong. 

I don't think it's reasonable to slam a company for an incredibly successful line of instant cameras that came out 40 years before digital photography.

Hey to my X19 that took my almost a half year to save for.

48 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
Obama would've been assassinated if he said anything like this about conservatives. 

I was actually surprised that he never was. Granted most racist are lazy pieces of shit; but still. Secret Service have their shit together.

The Obamas should release every piece of racist hate mail they received during their eight years in the White House. 

• Like 3

Don’t get me wrong, I’m committed to trying to work to elect people that will try and enact laws that are aimed to try to fix the many huge problems America has.

But I’ll be damned if I don’t long for the ability to not be consumed by politics 24/7/365.

Remember when we could go multiple days, if not a couple of weeks, without being bombarded with one scandal or horror show? During Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2, and Obama I could go many days without giving them a second thought.

I certainly didn’t always like what they were doing but I didn’t spend any time worrying that they might say something horrible or racist, enact some kind of draconian EO out of blue, pull out of NATO, insult our allies, suck the cocks of dictators and enemies, or some other disgusting act.

My kingdom for politicians who have the discipline to not tweet for just one day.
Yep. I am praying for four boring years of Biden.

Politics shouldn't be a reality show. Maybe we should stop electing tV game show hosts

The Obamas should release every piece of racist hate mail they received during their eight years in the White House. 
I'm sure it's staggering. And I'm sure many attempts were foiled.

I'm glad they survived. We are just dealing with the delayed passive agressive shit because they did

You've seen this, I'm sure...

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

The American people have been duped for 40 years. Longer actually if you want to say less duped. Time to wake up to that fact. 

The American people have been brainwashed to think the goal of life is to have the newest shiniest shit, regardless of debt taken on to obtain it.  

6 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

"Grift" and/or "Malice" are always the answer.

I am curious about all these questionable PPP loans and other presents Trump is handing out to himself and cronies.   Once a new administration takes over in January, will they be able to recall any of this?  Or go after some of these greedy fucks for conning the system.   Like the guy in FL who bought the Maserati (or Lambo, whichever) with PPP loan money.   Or is it all just gone with no recourse?

4 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

This country can't survive four more years of this man.

Don't forget they want to eliminate all the cows from existence too.

1 hour ago, Born to Run said:
2 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

uh, remember when some nut hit the white house with 7 shots, and the SS dismissed it as gang violence, until a house keeper at the white house found damage caused by rifle shots? Four days after the actual shooting? And then they didn't tell Obama or Michelle, who found out about it from her valet?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_White_House_shooting

It took four days for the Secret Service to realize that bullets had struck the White House.[2] The evidence was only noticed when a housekeeper discovered broken glass and pieces of cement on the Truman Balcony[5] around midday on November 15.[2]

That same secret service was busted 5 months later partying and not paying their prostitutes down in Columbia. I'd say their shit was far from together.

Dubious Don's hubris is going to sink him, and take a lot of his bootlickers down.   Yes, it's definitely not a foregone conclusion that Biden will take Texas, but only a handful of people were even considering it in January.  And despite his dismissal of the blue threat, Trump is working harder via twitter and interviews to make Texas feel indebted to him for it's amazing prosperity.   

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/texas-republicans-sound-blue-wave-alarms-as-trump-camp-mocks-idea-leaving-allen-west-caught-in-the-middle

Texas Republicans sound blue wave alarms as Trump camp mocks idea, leaving Allen West caught in the middle

Texas Republicans are in a tense moment with an election on the line.

President Trump, who is visiting Texas on Wednesday, has a campaign that is outwardly confident, even cocky, about his chances of winning the once reliably Republican state. But some of the state’s most prominent politicians are sounding the alarm about the possibility of the state flipping in favor of Joe Biden, the presumptive Democratic nominee.

Stuck in the middle is Allen West, the new chair of the Texas Republican Party. The conservative firebrand took the reins with just about 100 days until the November election after defeating incumbent Chairman James Dickey at the state convention, pitching taking a more aggressively conservative stance as a party.

Trump and Biden have been neck and neck in recent Texas polls, with one survey showing showed Biden 5 points ahead. That prompted Democrats who have long worked to turn Texas blue to proclaim it's now a swing state.

"Texas is the biggest battleground state," Texas Democratic Party spokesman Abhi Rahman told the Washington Examiner. "Joe Biden is already showing his investment into Texas and his campaign will continue to invest throughout the election. With the national organizations, allied campaigns, Texas Democratic Party, and in-state partnered groups, we will have the resources to win up and down the ballot in November."

The trend extends to down-ballot races, where Democratic House candidates hope to ride Biden’s coattails to big wins in the state’s congressional delegation. Earlier this month, Cook Political Report election forecasters moved four Texas House races one tick in the rating scale to the left, resulting in three GOP-held seats being rated toss-ups.

West is no stranger to the threat of Texas becoming increasingly Democratic. After the former Florida congressman and retired Army lieutenant colonel moved to the state from Florida in 2015, he wrote a 2018 book called Hold Texas, Hold the Nation: Victory or Death.

“The Left really believes that they have an opportunity to take Texas, and when you look at our major population centers, they're all controlled by the Left,” West told the Washington Examiner in an interview on Tuesday.

That population center trend is troubling, West said, because the same thing happened in other states that turned from red to blue. “You can look at Colorado. You can look in New Mexico. You can look in Nevada. You can look at what happened just last election cycle in Virginia.”

That’s not top of mind for the Trump campaign, though. In a press call last week, during which he spent 30 minutes questioning the accuracy of polls nationwide, Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien mocked the idea of the Biden being competitive in Texas.

“I would invite the Biden campaign to play in Texas. They should play hard,” Stepien teased. “Spend a lot of money in the Houston and Dallas Bay markets,” he said, communicating that the money would be a waste for Biden in what he considers a safe Republican state.

Political science professors who study Texas agree that the state has increased its share of Democrats in recent years but say that it isn’t yet a traditional swing state and win for Biden this year would be more a sign of a major blowout election rather than a lasting change in the state’s political DNA.

But Texas Republicans have a starkly different attitude from the Trump campaign about Texas turning blue, sounding the alarm at what they see as the potential for a total shift of control if Biden wins the state.

Sen. John Cornyn, who is up for reelection this year, gave a warning at the state party convention last weekend.

"Republicans are facing the greatest electoral challenge we've faced in the last five decades,” Cornyn said. “Joe Biden sees Texas electoral votes as the prize that will put him over the top and put Democrats in the driver's seat in the electoral college for a generation to come."

Sen. Ted Cruz echoed Cornyn, saying in a convention speech, "If the Democrats win Texas, it's all over." The sentiment continuously pops up in Cornyn's fundraising emails.

West, whom Trump congratulated in a tweet last week after he won the chairmanship, has no incentive to contradict the president's reelection campaign. He echoed some of the Trump campaign’s critiques about polls.

“A lot of the polling is done with registered voters, not most likely voters,” West said.

But he toed the line between being positive about the president’s chances of winning the state and recognizing the two senators’ concerns.

“Cruz [is using] his experience of 2018 against Robert Francis O'Rourke,” West said. “Even a very strong red county like Tarrant County was not won by Sen. Ted Cruz.”

West’s plan to counter the Democrats? Ramp up messaging in communities where Democrats have an edge in order to lessen their hold. His first trip as chairman was to the heavily Democratic Rio Grande Valley.

“The inner-city communities, the black community, Hispanic community, even the Asian community — we have a huge Vietnamese community here in Texas,” West said. “These are communities that have conservative principles and values at heart, but we have not done a good job of communicating that.”

That’s satiating a hunger for more fire among some rank-and-file Republicans.

“Hallelujah, finally they're getting some guts and want to fight,” a Houston resident wrote to the Houston Chronicle about West’s new chairmanship. “I'm hoping West's leadership will inspire our timid leaders to go forward and fight to lead our great state of Texas.”

The threat of Biden and a blue wave in Texas looms over Trump’s Wednesday visit.

While the president is focused more on raising money from reliably red portions of the state than on campaigning to the public, it gives fuel to Democrats to point out the close poll numbers in the state. Biden took Trump’s visit as an opportunity to criticize him: “Now isn’t the time for politicking or photo-ops.”

Biden has yet to act substantially on the potential others see in Texas, though. He ran a small number of ads in Texas as part of a six-figure ad buy, but the major money he is spending on ads this month, nearly $30 million, went to more competitive swing states, indicating that he is not targeting the area.

“Joe Biden’s campaign likes to pretend they’re viable in Texas more than they like actually campaigning in the state, but that’s because even they’ve admitted Texas isn’t on the table for Biden,” Trump deputy national press secretary Samantha Zager told the Washington Examiner.

And as for the polls, West is betting that there will be a change once people become comfortable with relaying their true feeling to pollsters and become aware of violent civil unrest taking place across the country.

“You're going to see a big change in sentiment,” he said. “In the end, they're going to vote in the right way for the rule of law and not the rules of the mob.”

18 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Here we go with the delaying the election. 

Also, if it’s not safe to vote how is it safe to send people back to work and  school?

BING-fucking-GO!   Or maybe he's already conceded in his addled mind that reopening the schools is going to be disastrous, and we'll be in a worse place come Nov.

$50 to any Trump supporter who can tell me without looking it up on google...from what document does our nation derive its Election Day?  Hint, the date is not actually expressed in the Constitution.  And as a bonus, my pledge to vote for Trump in November if you can tell me what it takes to change that law.  

27 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Here we go with the delaying the election. 

Also, if it’s not safe to vote how is it safe to send people back to work and  school?

Head fake to distract from economic news.  Did it almost to the minute of the GDP announcement.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I absolutely believe Texas can flip this year. Just don’t call it a swing state. Swing means it goes back and forth, Texas hasn’t done that and most likely won’t even when it does go from purple to blue. The voting age population is increasing too much with minority groups and young people moving here and they favor Dems, bigly.

Jeremy Wallace did a great job reporting on the “blue spine” of Texas after Beto’s run. https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texas/article/Beto-O-Rourke-exposed-a-blue-spine-across-the-13399110.php

“Four years ago, U.S. Sen. John Cornyn won the I-35 corridor by nearly 350,000 votes over his Democratic opponent, David Alameel. But O'Rourke carried those same counties by more than 440,000 votes. That is a nearly 800,000-vote swing in just four years.

5 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

I absolutely believe Texas can flip this year. Just don’t call it a swing state. Swing means it goes back and forth, Texas hasn’t done that and most likely won’t even when it does go from purple to blue. The voting age population is increasing too much with minority groups and young people moving here and they favor Dems, bigly.

Jeremy Wallace did a great job reporting on the “blue spine” of Texas after Beto’s run. https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texas/article/Beto-O-Rourke-exposed-a-blue-spine-across-the-13399110.php

“Four years ago, U.S. Sen. John Cornyn won the I-35 corridor by nearly 350,000 votes over his Democratic opponent, David Alameel. But O'Rourke carried those same counties by more than 440,000 votes. That is a nearly 800,000-vote swing in just four years.

I will believe it when I see it, but I would like to see the state house flip