Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

Jesus.  
That was a reasonably tough interview, but still could have been more pointed. Like "You've done more for black people than John Lewis--really?" 
I really want to see Ali G. get an interview with this moron. It would be glorious. 

He did, many years ago. Trump sniffed out something was off and bailed on it fairly quickly. Probably about the most impressed I’ve ever been with Trump.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Jesus.  

That was a reasonably tough interview, but still could have been more pointed. Like "You've done more for black people than John Lewis--really?" 

I really want to see Ali G. get an interview with this moron. It would be glorious. 

Unfortunately he has already done it and it didn’t go well. 

14 minutes ago, elfenix said:

i really want to hit the rage reaction button

Was nice to see a reporter not back down, especially on the COVID death rate. Would've been even better to bring up the pregnancy analogy. "Mr. President, we derive America's birth rate from our population, not from how many people take a pregnancy test. Newborns don't really care if you had a pregnancy test or not." 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Watching the interview and the Dems have so much ammo that they won’t use.

paraphrasing

-1000s Americans are dying daily  

-yea that’s true, they are dying. It is what it is, doesn’t mean we are doing everything we can, it’s under control 

i think we we as a country are lost, 50 million people can’t be helped.

i wish the Democrats would stop giving a fuck and just get shit done, fuck em if they don’t agree

5 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Dad?!

I swear to god this is every recent conversation about the virus and politics that I’ve ever had with my father....

Just without the paper.

He likes to wing it a little bit more.

4 hours ago, Gengs1 said:

Watching the interview and the Dems have so much ammo that they won’t use.

paraphrasing

-1000s Americans are dying daily  

-yea that’s true, they are dying. It is what it is, doesn’t mean we are doing everything we can, it’s under control 

i think we we as a country are lost, 50 million people can’t be helped.

i wish the Democrats would stop giving a fuck and just get shit done, fuck em if they don’t agree

As astonishing as it can be to be reminded of who Donald Trump is, there is nothing really new to report from the interview. You're right that someone who had no opinion of Trump would likely be swayed by seeing snippets of this interview, but I don't know where you could look to find such a person.

The information on Trump is in the open and has been since he took office. He's an ambulatory moron about anything other than separating fools from their money and dodging tax laws.

Who doesn't know that peopel are dying everywhere from Covid? Who is surprised that Trump doesn't know and hasn't bothered to learn anything about John Lewis? His embarrassing fumbling with the sheets of paper is similarly de riguer.

Snappy commercials aren't going to do much other than keep the anti-Trumpers keenly intent to vote him out. A huge plurality will vote for him no matter what happens between now and election day.

The electorate is the problem. They won't see see daylight if Trump tells them it is night.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Gah, the hand gestures.  Again, inconsequential in the grand scheme of things, but . . .

Everybody thinks they're really good at reading people.  It's a natural human trait in everyone except certain parts of the autism spectrum.  And you can't look at body language in a bubble.  People do things with their hands/arms, legs/feet, and face oftentimes for inconsequential reasons.  But over time people do certainly have patters to their body language and anyone with a half-decent sense of observation can start to make rather well-informed conclusions about that person. 

The "accordion" thing he does with his hands (usually when he's sitting, but frequently at the podium as well)...just look at the motion itself...it's how a someone just learning certain sports would put their hands out to play "defense."  When he's being defensive about something, his voice changes a slight bit and the hands come up and out to keep you off your game and to start to play his game.  He doesn't do the hands thing when he's attacking people, but rather when he's playing his Trump brand of Tenacious Defense.  Even his most ardent followers can't see it though; and they watch far more of his TV appearances than I.  

Being defensive is not a bad trait, in an of itself.  Some people are attacked a lot by press, opponents, competitors, loved ones, et. al.  And he has done a handful of things correctly since he's been in office (no sarcasm), but when the hands come out and up...you know it's bullshit time.  You could go to that fact set of the 14,000 lies he's publicly told since taking the Oath of Office...and then just run a simple software program to look at the video and analyze is his hands come out and up when he states the lie, and I'd bet there's be at least a 75% correlation.  The only reason what I'm stating here isn't held as gospel by both sides, is for the simple reason that he can't do the hand thing while he's tweeting.   

Of all the fucking worthless emojis on this site and on my iPhone, I can't believe somebody hasn't coded one with two little orange hands in his "accordion" position with those little "motion markers" that kids books have to imply movement.  

32 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

That interview is outright veep material. I love the pieces of paper with a couple of graphs. JLD couldn't have played the scene any better. 

I mean, if you could digitally place Gary in that moment where he takes the graphs out of his infamous bag...it would have been a direct outtake scene from the show.  I have to analyze asset charts and graphs all week for work, but it's nothing compared to some of the Covid-19 shit I've seen on this board and in the media, and I've learned a lot from reading how some of you analyze these things.  And then I see the leader of the nation with the most Covid-19 deaths by far...and he's working from a sheet of paper with 4 giant bars on it and no discernible data points on it other than "deaths per case", and in the briefs he's given...there's only 4 places to look on our globe, "United States, Europe, China, and South Korea."  That's how they have to brief this imbecile.  You can tell by his facial expressions and eyes, he really thinks we're doing great because that's all the data they let him see.  He's actually not lying to us this one particular time, he's just working from a simple bar graph with one decent data point it that was put together by an Arlington, Virginia middle school learning POD.  

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

As astonishing as it can be to be reminded of who Donald Trump is, there is nothing really new to report from the interview. You're right that someone who had no opinion of Trump would likely be swayed by seeing snippets of this interview, but I don't know where you could look to find such a person.

The information on Trump is in the open and has been since he took office. He's an ambulatory moron about anything other than separating fools from their money and dodging tax laws.

Who doesn't know that peopel are dying everywhere from Covid? Who is surprised that Trump doesn't know and hasn't bothered to learn anything about John Lewis? His embarrassing fumbling with the sheets of paper is similarly de riguer.

Snappy commercials aren't going to do much other than keep the anti-Trumpers keenly intent to vote him out. A huge plurality will vote for him no matter what happens between now and election day.

The electorate is the problem. They won't see see daylight if Trump tells them it is night.

I've seen some good ads from Biden and the DNC. But the main thrust of Biden's campaign appears to be more about presenting him as presidential by contrast to Trump's buffoonery. He's an adult, he cares, he takes the job seriously. Their strategy doesn't seem to be so much about slamming Trump constantly with video clips and sound bites of the many stupid, incompetent, and/or patently false things he's said and done as it is with making people think, "God, can we just go back to having a normal, decent, responsible human being in charge of things again?"

Trump has provided a lot of ammunition and I see constant complaints that the Dems should be waging this onslaught of ads repeating this, that, or the other ridiculous/outrageous thing he's said. And there's a place for that. But are we not all too familiar with those things already? We're already suffering from a deluge of bullshit from Trump that It's hard to choose from them and there's always more on the way. You could complie them into hours of ads and saturate the airwaves but then you'd risk just getting lost in the noise. Maybe presenting Biden as a calming, stable presence by contrast is their strategy. 

I don't know. I'm just speculating based on what I've seen so far which isn't a whole lot compared to the Trump campaign/presidency (they're one and the same, after all). I don't know what the ad campaign will look like as we get close to the election. But if there are surrogates running the ads like the Lincoln Project, et al., maybe just acting like a normal president, and a normal adult, will sell.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Got damn that interview is infuriating.  Look at the graphs Trump breaks out.  Huge blocks seemingly filled in with his favorite crayon colors, most with only three or four reference points, yet you can tell he still has trouble grasping the information.  

Shocking.  Even for him. 

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

But are we not all too familiar with those things already?

Yes, we are.  But there’s a lot of assholes that  need that shit thrown in their face.  Fox shouldn’t be a safe space.  Unload commercial after commercial of Trump’s BS in primetime.  

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I’m such an easily triggered snowflake.  I made it through about 3 sentences of the interview before I had to turn it off.  I can’t stand listening to that imbecile. 

I refuse to listen to him speak anymore.  There's nothing more to learn about his abject failure at everything in the universe.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yes, we are.  But there’s a lot of assholes that  need that shit thrown in their face.  Fox shouldn’t be a safe space.  Unload commercial after commercial of Trump’s BS in primetime.  

Which would resonate more with Fox viewers? Ads from the Biden campaign that showcase Trump's grotesque incompetence or those same ads coming from Republican Voters Against Trump and the Lincoln Project?

I don't know if there's any coordination between the Biden campaign and those other groups. I don't know how much money the Biden campaign has to spend. I know they didn't have a lot to spend during the primaries. That factors in. (I also don't know who's funding those other groups.) I'm just guessing. But honestly, if only once seeing Trump shrug and respond "It is what it is" when reminded that 1,000 Americans are dying every day due to the pandemic didn't convince you that he's got to go, is there some magic number that will change your mind?

It's just astonishing that there should even be any question. It shouldn't even be necessary to show people what an unfit, unqualified, and dangerously stupid cretin Trump is. 

• Hook 'Em 1