Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

He's a nasty syphilitic cunt.

Imagine, say, Hillary Clinton tweeting out that kind of shit as president, non-stop. 

I hate it that everyone is just so used to it, that it's no longer even considered news. Probably not practical, but I wish "his tweets" could have been a separate article of impeachment. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

You're (as usual) not nearly so smart as you think you are.  Obama pulled two staffs into one.  National security headcount is going down as a result of this haircut, and it's a threat, not only because it means we are committing fewer people to security, but because we are giving Trump more authority. 

Your erection is noted.

I understand that apparently by your nature you embrace a ballooning bureaucracy of staff personnel. It's funny that you think I limit my look back period to the Obama administration.  The headcount is too high. Trump is frankly not cutting the staffing nearly enough, and what cuts he makes, yes, they are not for the right reasons. 

12 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

LMAO at your utterly transparent authoritarian-cock-sucking tendencies. 

You dance around the political fireside while American cluster munitions are dropped on school buses full of brown children. 

History is an interesting thing.  

3 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Anastasis blames the CIA and the deep state for that tweet. In fact they probably tweeted it. Let’s all just carry on. 

You can't find a single post of mine where I have used the term "deep state".

But I can find a lot of material of your mom on the internet by parsing deep throat and jimmyjames. 

Edited by Anastasis

22 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

You dance around the political fireside while American cluster munitions are dropped on school buses full of brown children. 

Trump is killing brown American school children with cluster bombs now? Hadn’t heard that. Probably true. 

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

You can't find a single post of mine where I have used the term "deep state".

But I can find a lot of material on the internet by parsing deep throat and jimmyjames. 

No but I can cite a hundred where you are just trolling this board. 

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Imagine, say, Hillary Clinton tweeting out that kind of shit as president, non-stop. 

I hate it that everyone is just so used to it, that it's no longer even considered news. Probably not practical, but I wish "his tweets" could have been a separate article of impeachment. 

Imagine anyone tweeting that kind of drivel.  Puerile indeed. 

Completely agree about his tweets as a separate article.  I loathe the rise of twitter in politics, but most especially his.

41 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Right or wrong?

GettyImages-810888668.jpg?w=480&ssl=1

3wpxcb7eejnx.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&au

Among other things, Trump has normalized treason.

You can't support the Confederacy and the Union. Period.

And don't give me that bullshit that it's about southern pride.  There are plenty of things to be proud of in the South... treason against the United States shouldn't be one of them.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Anastasis said:

If we’re playing these games, then you clearly support the expansion of the air campaign in Afghanistan that has occurred under Trump.

And don't give me that bullshit that it's about southern pride.  There are plenty of things to be proud of in the South... treason against the United States shouldn't be one of them.
I tell my students that if it was about southern pride, they'd put a mason jar of sweet tea on the flag.
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, tchookem said:
5 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Read more  

I tell my students that if it was about southern pride, they'd put a mason jar of sweet tea on the flag.

An secsecsec logo would be appropriate.

The only item on the calendar occurs this evening when the President and First Lady attend the Governors' Ball.

I'm certain the President is the Best dancer, the most perfect dancer, a better dancer has never been seen in all the balls since Cinderella. Big burly men, men who have never cried in all their lives, even when they were wee infants in their cradles come up to him sobbing, "Sir, sir, how is it that you dance so wonderfully? So masterfully? You get all the women, sir..."

18 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Anastasis is a troll.  His only goal is to raise the noise floor with what-about-ism bullshit.  Ignore him.  

It’s terrible that everybody here doesn’t uncritically accept that NSC staffing getting a haircut will be the end our republic.

Edited by Anastasis

I heard a great point yesterday and I’d like to hear the board’s opinion. 

If you believe what Pelosi et al said, Dems rushed to impeach Trump before the election kicked off because he needed to be removed immediately. He’s an existential threat to the Republic. If he makes it to re election there will be election interference again. It cannot be allowed to happen. 

If all these things are true, why does Pelosi even invite Trump to deliver the SOTU address? He got to essentially deliver a nationally televised election kickoff address, that had many centrist elements, and was designed to showcase Dems inability to support some very simple things just because he mentions them. It was very well done, on script. 

There’s really only two options in my mind. 
1-They’re dumb af. 
2-They don’t really believe all that stuff above.

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

If you believe what Pelosi et al said, Dems rushed to impeach Trump before the election kicked off because he needed to be removed immediately. He’s an existential threat to the Republic. If he makes it to re election there will be election interference again. It cannot be allowed to happen. 

If all these things are true, why does Pelosi even invite Trump to deliver the SOTU address? He got to essentially deliver a nationally televised election kickoff address, that had many centrist elements, and was designed to showcase Dems inability to support some very simple things just because he mentions them. It was very well done, on script. 

1-They’re dumb af. 

Because the 3rd option: that the optics for doing such a thing (no SOTU) would give the Trump Party and its followers so much dialogue for their Deep State conspiracy theories that the memes and interviews on Fox Propaganda would be endless. This SOTU has been done traditionally for something like a hundred years so you don't think it would cause some kind of an uproar and drive the partisanship further and much worse than it already is?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

1-They’re dumb af. 

And that’s a problem with your mind. It satisfies itself with oversimplifications.

• Like 6

Pelosi postponed SOTU 2019 because of the government shutdown, so I'm pretty sure she would have been happy not to invite Trump to the chambers for SOTU 2020 had she thought it politically expedient.  Clearly, she felt the fact that Trump can't go 5 minutes without stepping on his tiny dick as more valuable than appearing petty.

The fact that GRHorn and other Trumpkins saw that abortion as some sort of centrist political triumph just underscores their lunacy and unabashed authoritarian fantasies.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Don't fucking start, go back to the Mueller investigation/fisa thread. 

No way man.  This is the second most entertaining thread on the politics board.  Where else are you going to get everything ranging from complex neurological diagnoses delivered by a software engineer via twitter, to original content fantasies about Trump getting drug out of the WH by a military coup, to a staff haircut at the bloated NSC hallmarking our turn to banana republic.  

Won't somebody do something about the noise floor!

Edited by Anastasis

33 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

1-They’re dumb af. 

Article II Section 3 of the Constitution requires the President to update Congress on the "State of the Union." For over 100 years now, POTUS has done this in a formal personal presentation. Do you really think she should have broken that stretch of history and help Trump bring this country further away from the norms of its functioning?

Edited by bolverk
More tacked on