Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

16 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Play nice. Wait till they're sick and dying, then whisper when no one is around that you're going to donate a huge chunk of their inheritance to BLM. 

I’m thinking more just keep your mouth shut, then go buy a Ferrari after they are gone.

My in-laws are lifelong Republicans, mainly because they're rich as fuck. They cannot stand the idea that one penny of their tax dollars might go toward helping someone else out. If you press them, they'll pretty much admit that they don't give a fuck about culture war issues. They're racists, but more in a "those kind of people tend to be lazy" type way than an overt "we must protect White heritage!!" way. They're what used to be called Country Club Republicans. For the life of me, I can't figure out what they stand to gain from a Donald Trump presidency.
Their only sources of information about the world are Fox News and stuff that they see in emails from their friends and on Facebook. Therefore, DT can do no wrong in their minds. Any mainstream information source like the NYT or network news is laughably biased and not worthy of the slightest attention.
It's sad to watch because my wife has trouble even talking with them right now. For example, last Sunday she was talking to them on the phone and they asked what we were up to. Oh, not much, just watching the Cowboys game. "WELL WE DON'T WATCH THE NFL ANYMORE!". Keep in mind that these are people that loved the Cowboys and had season tickets for years. You can't even have a simple, innocuous conversation with them without it turning into an airing of perceived grievances. It's incredibly tiresome.

My former in-laws and my current in-laws are kind of the same. Great people for the most part but just like you describe, poisoned by Fox News and flat-our-fake FB shares and emails among the septuagenarian sect. My parents were Trump backers at one point but I’m curious to talk to my dad to see if he’s still supporting him after the last 6-7 months. We’ve had some spirited conversations over the last couple years. He thinks I’m too emotional when it comes to Trump.

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

"30% of the people in suburbs are minorities. So we're ruining the American dream for everybody." -the president of the united states (sort of). 

I am rarely going to be the person to cut Trump any slack, but......understanding that he not be good at the English, MY read of what he was saying is that 1) Biden's plan will ruin the suburbs, and 2) that doesn't just hurt white folks, it hurts EVERYONE, including minorities (who are 30% of the population of the burbs).

IT could also be interpreted the other way, because, again....he no talk good.  But I really think my interpretation is what he was trying to communicate.  Of course, the fact that he has absolutely piss away his credibility on any matter of race does him no favors.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I am rarely going to be the person to cut Trump any slack, but......understanding that he not be good at the English, MY read of what he was saying is that 1) Biden's plan will ruin the suburbs, and 2) that doesn't just hurt white folks, it hurts EVERYONE, including minorities (who are 30% of the population of the burbs).

IT could also be interpreted the other way, because, again....he no talk good.  But I really think my interpretation is what he was trying to communicate.  Of course, the fact that he has absolutely piss away his credibility on any matter of race does him no favors.

I think that's being very generous to an obvious racist. 

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, but why can't at least one of those shithead hotdish genetically smelt eating nordic types at his rally ever consider that his Opportunity Zones consisted of his uber 1% moving into state's poor communities and kicking out the people to build yacht and golf clubs? Stupid leopard eating people's faces party types deserve what they get.

My in-laws are lifelong Republicans, mainly because they're rich as fuck. They cannot stand the idea that one penny of their tax dollars might go toward helping someone else out. If you press them, they'll pretty much admit that they don't give a fuck about culture war issues. They're racists, but more in a "those kind of people tend to be lazy" type way than an overt "we must protect White heritage!!" way. They're what used to be called Country Club Republicans. For the life of me, I can't figure out what they stand to gain from a Donald Trump presidency.
Their only sources of information about the world are Fox News and stuff that they see in emails from their friends and on Facebook. Therefore, DT can do no wrong in their minds. Any mainstream information source like the NYT or network news is laughably biased and not worthy of the slightest attention.
It's sad to watch because my wife has trouble even talking with them right now. For example, last Sunday she was talking to them on the phone and they asked what we were up to. Oh, not much, just watching the Cowboys game. "WELL WE DON'T WATCH THE NFL ANYMORE!". Keep in mind that these are people that loved the Cowboys and had season tickets for years. You can't even have a simple, innocuous conversation with them without it turning into an airing of perceived grievances. It's incredibly tiresome.

There are millions of seniors just like them. People who have been brainwashed worse than a cult member. It’s incredibly frustrating. I have family and neighbors that have all been brainwashed in just the same way.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don't know why Trump thinks that an extended period to verify the votes somehow allows him to stay in office. I don't recall the Constitution stating that the tie goes to the runner (incumbent.)

He's just using the same default strategy employed when paying contractors, responding to subpoenas, releasing taxes, and all things he seeks to avoid...delay, delay, delay, until your hand is forced. 

Edited by Degenerate Gardner

16 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I hadn't initially looked at it that way, but you make a good argument and i could live with it's plausibility.

Reminds me when the Right cut Obama no slack on the " you didn't build that" quote, which was easily twisted.

Just now, yoladu said:

I hadn't initially looked at it that way, but you make a good argument and i could live with it's plausibility.

Reminds me when the Right cut Obama no slack on the " you didn't build that" quote, which was easily twisted.

Yeah.  Humans are sloppy with words sometimes.  Few are sloppier than DOTUS.  I really do think that's what he meant, because he was trying (poorly) to DEFEND himself from charges of racism at the time.

47 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

"etc" is the great literary weapon of those of limited capacity.  it's very "and other things of that nature."

It's been bugging me who he reminds me of when he talks/tweets about polling.   And your post finally made me remember.  

Trump is the Wes Mantooth president from Anchorman.  I mean, when discrediting rally TV ratings, he literally says Vince Vaugh's lines verbatim...

Fox Anchor:  "Mr. President, the overnight ratings for your most recent political rally and/or press conference were surprisingly low."

President Mantooth:  "You know those ratings are flawed...They're biased!  They don't take into account households with more than 2 TV's.  And other things of that nature!  Mary Anne Trump is a Saint, you hear me?  She was a Saint!"  

Edited by Lobo

42 minutes ago, Nope said:

Starting around 1:30, I don’t know if I’ve ever heard racism this brash from a public official 

Yeah saying the minorities are ruining the suburbs is a tad racist. They’re up to 30 percent now! 

But hey that’s our president! He’s a racist piece of shit just like us! 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, tokamak said:

Ditto, almost word for word.  My situation, add my brother.  And they really, truly, zealously, vehemently believe they are anointed by God with the truth.  They were already like this by the time of Bush 41.  But it was 9/11 + Fox which crystallized then hardened their minds like rocks on Venus.

6 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Yeah it's plausible, especially considering how often Donald expresses concern for minorities and people of low socioeconomic standing. He's definitely made it a point to embrace both of those groups in his plan to save the suburbs. 

Again, I loathe everything about the man.  But he's reeling from charges of racism (which are accurate), so he's trying to defend himself, just like he says "nobody has done more for black people than me."  He's arguing that he's protecting the suburbs, and that's NOT a racist dog whistle, because the burbs include minorities.  He's TERRIBLE at explaining concepts, and he's a simpleton, so he gets gummed up.  But I genuinely think that's what he meant to convey.  The fact that he's that shitty at communicating an idea with more than a single dimension is ANOTHER reason he's not qualified for the office, but there you have it.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Again, I loathe everything about the man.  But he's reeling from charges of racism (which are accurate), so he's trying to defend himself, just like he says "nobody has done more for black people than me."  He's arguing that he's protecting the suburbs, and that's NOT a racist dog whistle, because the burbs include minorities.  He's TERRIBLE at explaining concepts, and he's a simpleton, so he gets gummed up.  But I genuinely think that's what he meant to convey.  The fact that he's that shitty at communicating an idea with more than a single dimension is ANOTHER reason he's not qualified for the office, but there you have it.

While you could possibly be right I think you’re being a little too generous about a man who told a white supremacy group to “stand by.”

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

While you could possibly be right I think you’re being a little too generous about a man who told a white supremacy group to “stand by.”

I know, I know.  But don't think of it as how he actually feels.  Think about it as him using a stat to defend himself from a valid charge of racism -- "I'm PROTECTING minorities, I love them -- they're 30% of the burbs!"  It was a defensive thing, that he is shitty at because 1) he doesn't actually care about them, and 2) he no good at talking.

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The crazy thing is I actually think you're right, but he's been hammering how the suburbs are under siege by low income housing, so it's a little bizarre to suddenly embrace that segment of society. So he likes the low income people in the suburbs, just not the apartment buildings....insert jlaw gif

I agree he's terrible at explaining shit and this is an example, but fuck him, he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. He needs to clarify the statement like the librul media would have made Biden do before the fucking sun even rose. 

1 hour ago, tokamak said:

Serious question: what net worth is "rich as fuck"?

47 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

He said "I ended a regulation [bringing public housing, low income housing] into the suburbs. Let's just get this straight, 30 percent of the people are low income people, 30% of the people are minorities. So we are ruining this American dream for everybody. So he has this plan, the worst thing you've ever seen, having to do with zoning, they zone you out, they build low income housing next to your house"

Low income people = minorities = low income housing = bad for the suburbs. I agree it is muddled,  but ultimately what he wants to do is kick that 30% out. 

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

"30% of the people in suburbs are minorities. So we're ruining the American dream for everybody." -the president of the united states (sort of). 

He’s just so stupid. Was he was trying to say is “30% of the suburbs are minority, so it’s not racist to say you don’t want more public housing because minorities are already there”?

3 minutes ago, Texaspython said:

He’s just so stupid. Was he was trying to say is “30% of the suburbs are minority, so it’s not racist to say you don’t want more public housing because minorities are already there”?

I think that's what he was trying to say.  He's just a fucking moron.

I actually agree with Brisket, I think Trump was trying to say that minorities are 30% of the suburbs. But that doesn't really absolve him because he made it plainly obvious that he considers "low income" and "minority" to be synonyms in his head.

"30% of the suburbs is low income. 30% of the suburbs are minorities"

Doesn't get much more clear-cut than that. 

Is it even possible that Trump doesn’t really care about the suburbs, the white people there, the minorities in the suburbs or how safe their neighborhoods will or wont be?  How much their property value will go up or down?   All he wants is for those people (suburbanites) to vote for him so he will say anything to get that to happen.  The only thing he knows how to do is scare people into voting for him so the poor apartment complexes are coming to your suburb.  BLM is coming to your suburb.  MS-13 is coming to your suburb.  They are going to take your Olive Garden and Chili’s away.  Vote for me and I will not let any of that happen.

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Is it even possible that Trump doesn’t really care about the suburbs, the white people there, the minorities in the suburbs or how safe their neighborhoods will or wont be?  How much their property value will go up or down?   All he wants is for those people (suburbanites) to vote for him so he will say anything to get that to happen.  The only thing he knows how to do is scare people into voting for him so the poor apartment complexes are coming to your suburb.  BLM is coming to your suburb.  MS-13 is coming to your suburb.  They are going to take your Olive Garden and Chili’s away.  Vote for me and I will not let any of that happen.

Well, duh.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I know, I know.  But don't think of it as how he actually feels.  Think about it as him using a stat to defend himself from a valid charge of racism -- "I'm PROTECTING minorities, I love them -- they're 30% of the burbs!"  It was a defensive thing, that he is shitty at because 1) he doesn't actually care about them, and 2) he no good at talking.

That doesn't pass the smell test.  He pointed out the demographics are 30% low income and 30% minorities.  He is clearly saying low income Americans are destroying the suburbs, so there is absolutely no way he's not painting minorities with the same negative brush.  One statement followed the other, with the exact same language.

• Like 1

Its not worth my time to try and parse through Trump's brain addled verbal diarrhea because he is too fucking stupid to communicate articulately. His body of work is damn near 4 years old now, and it is rife with racist dog whistles and outright racist statements. I honestly don't give a fuck what he says anymore. Its why I abandoned the debate after 4 minutes.

Who the fuck knows what he means on any given day, because its likely a lie or will be excused away as a "joke" when his most outlandish statements cause near universal disgust. He fails at the most basic fundamental role of president which is to unite and lead the country. Fuck him and fuck anybody that supports that twat. Just vote. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

The crazy thing is I actually think you're right, but he's been hammering how the suburbs are under siege by low income housing, so it's a little bizarre to suddenly embrace that segment of society. So he likes the low income people in the suburbs, just not the apartment buildings....insert jlaw gif

I agree he's terrible at explaining shit and this is an example, but fuck him, he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. He needs to clarify the statement like the librul media would have made Biden do before the fucking sun even rose. 

This. We should assume racist intent until he makes it extremely clear that what he meant to say is what Brisket is too generously inferring.

15 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Here's what he said. 

I ended a regulation. Nobody would have done. This brings public housing, low income housing into the suburbs. And By the way, just so we can get this straight. 30% of the people in the suburbs are low income people. 30% of the people in the suburbs are minorities. And so, we’re ruining this American dream for everybody. But he’s got a plan, it’s the worst thing you’ve ever seen. Having to do with zoning. They zone you out. They build low incoming housing next to your house. It’s crazy. Then I hear I’m not doing well in the suburbs. I’m not doing well in the suburbs? Are you people crazy? Are you crazy?

Here's what I thought he wanted  to say but didn't because he's a fucking idiot that is unfit for office because he can't speak English properly. 

I ended a regulation that nobody else would have done ended. This regulation brought public housing, low incoming housing into the suburbs. And by the way, just so we can get this straight. 30% of the people in the suburbs are low income people. 30% of the people in the suburbs are minorities. And so, we're ruining this American dream for everybody, not just the white people. But Joe Biden's got a plan, it's the worst thing you've ever seen. It has to do with zoning. They zone you out of the suburbs. They build public low income housing next to your house. It's crazy. Then I hear I'm not doing well in the suburbs. I'm not doing well in the suburbs? Are you people crazy? Are you crazy?

italic = added

strikethrough = crossed out

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Trump modified his initial "Biden is going to destroy the suburbs" attack because people pointed out his perception of the suburbs was dated. Because it was obviously a fear-based appeal based on race.* No different than him crying "A caravan is coming!" and rolling out troops to the border in 2018. Funny how before it was Biden and low-income housing that was going to destroy the suburbs it was roving gangs of Antifa that were coming to loot and burn them down. 

*Trump only modified his attack to acknowledge reailty because the intent of it was to generate more support in the suburbs.

Edited by zzzz

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

The fact that he's that shitty at communicating an idea with more than a single dimension is ANOTHER reason he's not qualified for the office, but there you have it.

Well put.

To use the Fitzgerald notion:  I don't think teh Donald is capable of holding two inconsistent thoughts in his head while still functioning, especially if those thoughts involve him.