Helmet off penalty against Coburn

Bevo14

2 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

What a bs call. Should have been hands to the face before that and offset. I get the safety aspect, so I can’t complain about that. The didn’t review the bobbled td.

Agree on the offsetting penalties, but I don’t call that a bobble. He was adjusting the ball, control was never in question. 

13 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

What constitutes continued participation?  Does he have to not move?  Run away from the ball?  It’s not like he made the tackle. 

I'm pretty sure it's like cartoon freeze tag and he shouted "PJ Masks!" instead of "Catboy!" 

Off setting calls seemed pretty clear there. And they should have looked at the Utah TD, though I'm not sure there's enough to overturn it. I would've at least liked to see it in slow motion.

All things considered, I'd say it was maybe a low-end "D minus" effort from the refs. That means it's probably about our best officiated game this year by quite a bit.

Edited by campcrunk
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

What a bs call. Should have been hands to the face before that and offset. I get the safety aspect, so I can’t complain about that. The didn’t review the bobbled td.

I agree, but it was a lot easier to see Coburn the giant running without his helmet than the hands to his face if someone didn't catch it in the moment. Of course, they could have reviewed it. All's well that ends well though.

1 hour ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Agree on the offsetting penalties, but I don’t call that a bobble. He was adjusting the ball, control was never in question. 

He definitely bobbled it.  But I think he got it back in control before stepping out of bounds.  

Bought Mrs. Brat a 25 ounce can of beer ($12) walking to our seats on the 50 yard line (section 337 row 4). She drank it before the end of the first quarter.
She never drinks beer at the Alamo Bowl, so I will give her credit for the win.

Go AB, get some booty tonight!

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

What constitutes continued participation?  Does he have to not move?  Run away from the ball?  It’s not like he made the tackle. 

If the runner would have been held up for another second he damn sure would have. lol 

He definitely bobbled it.  But I think he got it back in control before stepping out of bounds.  
If you think he bobbled it, then he didn’t get control before stepping out. One foot in and one foot out is out.
I thought so too but watch the replay, he's literally 2 yards from the tackle and pushing a Ute in the back. lol

I actually thought he lost his helmet trying to make the tackle. Then they showed the replay.

14 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

And he also needs for opponents to not push it off his head by grabbing the face mask. That always helps. 

I thought the same thing, and then it isn't offsetting it is just a penalty on the offense. Seemed pretty obvious the OL flipped his helmet off.  

11 hours ago, Deej said:

Anything that fucks over The University of Texas 

Good on the "The." Most don't know that this is a part of our official name. 

Article 7, Section 10 of the Texas Constitution:

"Sec. 10. ESTABLISHMENT OF UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS; AGRICULTURAL AND MECHANICAL DEPARTMENT. The legislature shall as soon as practicable establish, organize and provide for the maintenance, support and direction of a University of the first class, to be located by a vote of the people of this State, and styled, "The University of Texas," for the promotion of literature, and the arts and sciences, including an Agricultural, and Mechanical department. (emphasis added)

aggy is a department of The University. Never let them forget that. 

Edited by Sock Drawer
additions