Expectations for 2020 season

SubliminalHorn

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

Did you watch the playoff games? We barely have any guys that could start for those teams. Let’s just start beating the teams we should beat and compete for the conference. 

We should still compete for and win the conference. ou should be down, if we shit the bed again in the conference, he should be fired. I didn’t say anything about actually winning the NC. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Did you watch the playoff games? We barely have any guys that could start for those teams. Let’s just start beating the teams we should beat and compete for the conference. 

Don't have to actually be one of the top 4 teams to make the playoffs.  See Oklahoma.  Just win BIG12.  Don't get killed by LSU, in.

The albatross around this team's neck is gone and tonight we saw what we're capable of.  CJ and Dev will be tough to replace, but our running back unit next year will be ridiculous.  And the defense will be much better with a different scheme and hopefully some better luck on injuries.

10-2 minimum.

And there is a chance that 2020 Baton Rouge will be the stepping stone that 2005 Columbus was.

I'll go with this, but add a clarification. I would really like Tom to do something he never has as a head coach, and that is avoid losing a game he should win. Think Maryland or Maryland or TCU/ISU.

And don't need a last minute field goal to beat fucking Kansas.

But for now, imma just enjoy a nice ass whooping.

Texas played within 7 against 2 of the top 4 teams... this year. You’re right, he loses to teams his teams should beat. This team should have gone 11-2 with this schedule. No reason with better coordinators that can’t be the case next year. So that’s my expectation. 11-2, possibly conference champions and in the hunt for a playoff spot. Anything less and he’s gotta go.

• Like 3

I expect to see a defense similar to what we saw tonight. Dominant in the trenches, shut down the run and harass the opposing QB’s. The offense will control the line and use the run to attack.  If we do that and play to our skill level, we better win the Big XII or it’s a disappointment.  I think 11-1 should be the expectation with a date in December in Dallas.  We take care of business, we should be in the playoffs. 

We definitely lose some key pieces with Duv, CJ, Jones, Roach and Braun leaving, but this roster will be a top 10 talented roster in the country and likely the most talented roster in the Big 12. There’s no excuse for failing to win the conference next year. We need to see the team play like they did tonight way more often and the coaching needs to be at the same level tonight. We don’t have to drastically put-scheme our opponents week to week. We just need to not get drastically out-coached like we did so many times this year. 

Tonight’s game made me way more optimistic about Ash as DC. We have a shit load of talent on defense. Coach them up and let them play fast and be superior athletes. TO didn’t even give our guys a chance to make plays this year. 

• Like 3

We have the talent to beat everyone on the conference. As long as OU doesn’t get a 4th consecutive heisman QB finalist transfer Sam Ehlinger as a senior should be able to lead our team to a victory. Then it just comes down to beating teams we should beat. I don’t expect to beat LSU, but I don’t think losing at Death Valley hurts us big picture if we roll through the big 12 unscathed, which we are capable of

Edited by perfectchaos007

Losing Duvernay and CJ will be a pretty massive blow to our receiving corps... And if the same sort of staff dysfunction we dealt with in 2019 repeats itself next year, it won't matter what newfangled schemes Ash and Yurcich bring to the table.

Expectation should be that we make it to the Big 12 title game, get double-digit wins, and reach a NY6 bowl game. More specifically, we need better scouting/game-planning on both sides of the ball, especially on defense. Beating Utah defensively is like beating USC/Georgia, it looks great on paper but the offenses we face (and lose to) in conference play put much more of a strain on our defense and are better suited to picking apart our weaknesses.

Edited by satyanash
  • Like 4

58 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Losing Duvernay and CJ will be a pretty massive blow to our receiving corps... And if the same sort of staff dysfunction we dealt with in 2019 repeats itself next year, it won't matter what newfangled schemes Ash and Yurcich bring to the table.

Expectation should be that we make it to the Big 12 title game, get double-digit wins, and reach a NY6 bowl game. More specifically, we need better scouting/game-planning on both sides of the ball, especially on defense. Beating Utah defensively is like beating USC/Georgia, it looks great on paper but the offenses we face (and lose to) in conference play put much more of a strain on our defense and are better suited to picking apart our weaknesses.

Dude, we’ve already won double digits and a NY6 game.  Needs to be better than that!

25 minutes ago, gecko said:

All the pieces are in place for a epic 2020 season but the surlytards will continue to touch themselves and God will punish us all for it. You know who you are...don’t touch yourself and we will be fine.

Whoops, just read this....too late for me.