Don't fire Naivar?

closetohumping

1 hour ago, Dewey said:

That was part one of the interview, next part you have a week to get your guys ready.

This is a good point.  

Also, Utah was 64th nationally in passing offense.  Could his defense shut down an ou or an LSU next year?

Still, I liked the intensity tonight.  Guys believed they'd make plays and they did.  We haven't seen that swagger all year.

We need to keep Naivar.  He did a great job tonight and has been working with a MASH unit all season.  The DB’s looked the part and shut them down. Keep Files, Washington, Naivar, Ash and hire one other coach for defense. We keep Drayton, Hand and have a new OC.  Now we need the WR coach and one other bad ass recruiter.

7 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

We need to keep Naivar.  He did a great job tonight and has been working with a MASH unit all season.  The DB’s looked the part and shut them down. Keep Files, Washington, Naivar, Ash and hire one other coach for defense. We keep Drayton, Hand and have a new OC.  Now we need the WR coach and one other bad ass recruiter.

No way Washington needs to stay. Consistent CB play has been lacking for the last 2 years, despite having a plethora of talented athletes. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

We definitely aren’t keeping Naivar AND Washington. 

2 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

Fuck him into oblivion. Worst fucking special teams I’ve ever witnessed in my entire god damn life. 

In my entire fucking life....

They weren’t good this year, but waaaay better than when Charlie was here. Couldn’t hit XPs regularly, in case you’ve forgotten. 

3 hours ago, Harvdog said:

This is just plain dumb. Beyond just the fact that you want to keep 3 DB coaches on staff, why the fuck should we keep 3/4 of the coaches from two straight years of horrible defense?

So I’ve got a friend that played safety for Sam Houston State when Naivar was DC and I believe Herman was special teams coach at the same time.  Before the Alamo Bowl he said that Naivar was the worst DC he ever played for.  He said his weakness was that he’s not very smart and anytime he can’t figure out what the offense is running, he just sends everyone in on a blitz  He said this was so consistent that all of their opponents figured it out and torched SHSU at will.  Not to discount the job he did tonight because he kicked ass, but my friend that played for him says he ain’t that good and can’t defend the passing game for shit.  

55 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

So I’ve got a friend that played safety for Sam Houston State when Naivar was DC and I believe Herman was special teams coach at the same time.  Before the Alamo Bowl he said that Naivar was the worst DC he ever played for.  He said his weakness was that he’s not very smart and anytime he can’t figure out what the offense is running, he just sends everyone in on a blitz  He said this was so consistent that all of their opponents figured it out and torched SHSU at will.  Not to discount the job he did tonight because he kicked ass, but my friend that played for him says he ain’t that good and can’t defend the passing game for shit.  

Naivar just ran a pretty vanilla defense and let our athletes run shit. For last night, that was perfect. Long term, let's see what Ash can do for us.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Naivar just ran a pretty vanilla defense and let our athletes run shit. For last night, that was perfect. Long term, let's see what Ash can do for us.

I think you’re right.  If Naivar really blitzes when he doesn’t know what’s happening, it works well vs Utah because they apparently can’t throw the ball very well.  The most eye opening thing is that our athletes are fucking beasts, we just don’t know how to use them right.  They made Utah look like a bag of pussies.