Player of The Decade

BurntOrange&White

Probably Sam, given the horrible 5ish years of wandering the QB dessert.  Although, I think Michael Dickson was more outstanding at his position than any other player I’ve seen at Texas, save VY.  The problem is that punters don’t touch the ball enough...

• Like 2

Just now, Richter said:

Probably Sam, given the horrible 5ish years of wandering the QB dessert.  Although, I think Michael Dickson was more outstanding at his position than any other player I’ve seen at Texas, save VY.  The problem is that punters don’t touch the ball enough...

I don't think we've watched the same Texas offense this decade....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I’d have to go with Sam because nobody else I can think of have us 3 quality seasons. And technically, 2020 is part of the decade, so he’ll give us 4 before he’s done. 

Wouldn't that be 11 years?

Just now, Your Mom said:

Can we not have the conversation about which years belong to which decade.  Can we just please not be those people?  

Well then we need to shut down the whole thread because we can't agree with the parameters. I'll start a thread for defining the decade, then we can all come back here and discuss it. See y'all there!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

My player of the decade is the player that best captures the decade:

Swoopes there it is! A little louder! SWOOPES, THERE IT IS!!!

If the player of the decade was the living embodiment of our absolute failures than yes he is it.  Raw athleticism recruited in to the wrong position or shouldn't have been recruited at all and then completely failure to coach anything remotely consistent in to him.  

32 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

If the player of the decade was the living embodiment of our absolute failures than yes he is it.  Raw athleticism recruited in to the wrong position or shouldn't have been recruited at all and then completely failure to coach anything remotely consistent in to him.  

Exactly. SWOOPES THERE IT IS!!

Definitely think you have to go back to the start of the decade. Problem recently is a lot of choices were only top performers for one year or had too many injuries.

Sam is a decent example of recent success but not the best imo. The bar from the previous decade, Colt and Vince, is too high a standard that Sam has yet to meet.

Hicks, Diggs, Jeffcoat, Acho's, Okafor

Vaccaro almost made it for me but I had to go with...

The most accomplished was Malcom Brown, day one starter, top draft pick, finalist for multiple individual awards and All-American.

2 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

2010 was last decade. Moose up-thread should’a told ya.

That is incorrect. 2010 was indeed part of the 201st Decade, but nobody talks about decades like that. 2010-2019 is a decade (the Teens) and that's the decade we're discussing. 

You just got out-pedanted.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

That is incorrect. 2010 was indeed part of the 201st Decade, but nobody talks about decades like that. 2010-2019 is a decade (the Teens) and that's the decade we're discussing. 

You just got out-pedanted.

They didn't start the current counting of years until 1500 of them had already passed. So sure there wasn't a year 0 but there also technically wasn't a 1-900 either so fuck you and your fucking decadist counting.  10-19 is the decade

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

There was no year 0 AD, so the first decade was 1-10 AD, 11-20, etc. 

Go fuck yourself. It's the stupidest mathematical technicality of all time and morons use it to feel smart. I guess the day I was born I was 1 year old by that logic /rant.

Go fuck yourself. It's the stupidest mathematical technicality of all time and morons use it to feel smart. I guess the day I was born I was 1 year old by that logic /rant.
no fuck you. just because you are stupid doesn't mean the rest of us have to be aggy boy.

2001 was the first year of a new millenium.

our best player was probably Malcom Brown(the DT).  he got lost in all the idiocy and doesnt play a glamour position but he was a dominant force. He(and some of Hicks) almost single handedly kept us from being a complete clusterfuck Macks last year and Charlie's first year.

I wish we had gotten to see that guy with a real team around him.

Edit: the sad thing is I can see case for Tucker and Dickson. maybe the 2020's bring something better.

Edited by dcar00

To answer the OP, Donta Foreman based on pure talent. Ran for 2,000 yards on a really shitty team/Oline. There’s a strong case for Ehlinger though, his mistakes have lost a lot of games but he’s also been the primary reason for a lot of wins. He’s the only reason Herman’s record isn’t more similar to Strongs. 

1. Sam for balling out and winning the Sugar Bowl. One tough sumbitch; always leaves everything on the field.

2a. Case for the herp-a-derp run to glory and telling aggy to fuck off now and forever.  For. Ev. Er.

2b. Tucker. See the latter half of 2a.

3. Duvernay.  A grown-ass man among boys.

For all of college football? AJ McCarron won two nattys and was a Kick-Six away from playing for a third (Mizzou wasn't beating them in the secsecsec title game) and his lady friend made Brent Musburger nut in the commentary booth, but he was more of a game manager on loaded teams.  I'd say DeShaun Watson.  Pushed Alabama to the limit in 2015, then led a drive for the ages to win it in as time expired in 2016.  His combined stats for those two CFP title games: 66/103, 825 yards, 7 TD, 1 Int.  Added 41 carries for 116 yards and 1 TD.

Edited by Dutch
Edit. Watson didn't play in the 2014 Russell Athletic Bowl ass raping of ousux.