Beer 2020: Pint glasses or it didn’t happen.

HenryJames

Speaking of those partaking in Dry January (and also for those like me that don’t but find themselves wanting “another beer” later in the evening but are feeling guilty about adding on more calories, etc), be on the lookout for this from Lagunitas.

fc79fa34a52ec96c07a2f46ec49567a6.jpg

Zero alcohol. Zero calories. Zero carbs. Tastes delicious like a really zesty (but obviously light) session IPA. First had some when mdmost and I were in Chicago in July and I’ve been searching for it ever since. It just showed up here in Dallas in the last couple of weeks. I want to find this in kegs for my kegerator or figure out how to home brew this.

93321dd3f3595b7183283f6d1bd65e53.jpg

From their website:

HOPPY REFRESHER

An IPA-inspired refreshment

AN IPA-INSPIRED BEVERAGE

Lagunitas Hoppy Refresher is a fresh take on an old tradition ... An IPA-inspired refreshment that's zero-alcohol, zero-carbohydrate, and zero-calorie, made using everything we know about hops. It's chock-full of Citra, Equinox, and Centennial hops, as well as some natural flavors and a pinch brewer's yeast to biotransform-ate the hops to just the right flavor.

What is biotransformation? Brewmonster Jeremy Marshall put it best: “Yeast biotransforms the existing hop terpenes into more desirable terpenes. You need yeast to liberate the hop flavors, and that’s the most important thing that we know from making IPAs, and we leveraged it in making Hoppy Refresher.” Whatever that means…

So what about Hoppy Refresher? Jeremy Marshall describes it as “refreshing on its own… it fills that ‘Oh, I want to have an IPA, but it’s 9:30 in the morning and I’m out of IPAs’ kind of thing.”

Try Hoppy Refresher on its own for a beer-like tasting experience (without the alcohol, of course), or mix it with your favorite spirit to add a hoppy zing to your cocktail game! Jeremy says, “Think of it like a club soda… with soul. Lots of soul. Like Rick James and James Brown. Rick Brown.”

It's a variation on a theme of 25 years of edgy brewing at the edge of brewing. Cheers!

On 1/12/2020 at 5:43 PM, HenryJames said:

a907f594bf61f4a3cdbfe21624a886d8.jpg

ahhhh fantastic!!!  Another great( looking)beer from Live Oak that I can't have.

I love the brewer and favor the style... it's gotta be good, right?

Enjoy, you bastards!

Edited by Iceman

Was afraid that my favorite beer style had gone the way of the Dodo, but enjoyed a Black IPA this week for the first time in a couple years.  Unfortunately it's just a seasonal re-release, and won't be canned (brought home a growler).

Midnight Ryder by Indeed.

u4qz3ns8h5f21.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Not my pic, but this was the scene.  

• Like 2