Beer 2020: Pint glasses or it didn’t happen.

HenryJames

25 minutes ago, mdleast said:

I know some on here make fun of Martin House for some of the weirder stuff they put out and I also don’t drink their weirder stuff if it doesn’t look particularly appealing to me but sometimes their weirder stuff does...and is delicious.

fd9d94f315e2aba90892042bfd8d0ebd.jpg

Yeah, they are def. in the top 25% of Texas breweries. Theyre a poor mans Bruery, but their hits are homers and their misses are yuge.

13 hours ago, AnotherUTFan said:

I don't do many brew pub reviews these days, but I visited North Coast Brewing in Ft Bragg, CA last night and it was outstanding. Everything about it was stellar. Beer, food, service, ambiance. Everything. Like a more intimate Sierra Nevada. Maybe my favorite so far

Le Merle is probably one of my top 5 favorite beers. Superb. 

• Like 1

The French Quarter is still my favorite of their seasonal special versions.  Bourbon barrel aged chicory coffee beans.  5 years of aging thinned it out a bit, though.  I'm thinking that's probably on the outside end of any aging.  Need to drink up what others I still have lying around.

On 2/21/2020 at 9:15 PM, Smax said:

any recs for Orlando breweries, will be there next weekend

Ellipsis out near MCO is good. They're a mostly NEIPA shop but they make good stuff. They're probably top 3 in the state for NEIPAs after Southern Swells and Civil Society.

Ten10, Castle Church, Half Barrel Beer Project, Tactical, Dead Lizard and Rockpit are all good.

Ten10 had a Cinnamon Toast Crunch Stout that was fucking awesome.

Breweries in Orlando are pretty spread out. Be prepared to hop around on toll roads.

Edited by TBGFL

Central Machine Works this afternoon. Holy fuck this is now a scene. Had to be 1,500 people in there. None of their own beers on tap. Beertender said they are transitioning from contract brewing at Southern Heights to onsite. Heard the same line back in DEC. IMO, I think they said fuck it. They’re making a killing as a beer hall and they don’t have much incentive to brew their own shit. Food was markedly worse but maybe the kitchen was just slammed. Enjoyed a few Hi SignHi-Cs though.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 8:04 PM, HenryJames said:

79610daf6921b52e2e2e498bfe40667b.jpg

Name a better starting five in Texas.

I will say that mixed-6 from Real Ale on the bottom right is among my favorites. 2 Heavy/Scotch Ales, 2 Commisar Stouts, and 2 Black Quads( OMG.)  All relatively high ABV, great beers and $8-9 a sixer almost everywhere.

That my friends, is victory.

Edited by Iceman

18 hours ago, mdleast said:

Another really good Martin House beer (Outstellar...a black currant sour) plus a tasty tropical pale ale from Cigar City (Invasion) as I enjoy the first post-yard work beers of March/post-winter.

a2f446c35c9a7cfd3831309dc1390a28.jpg

They used to do a rotating hop variety in this beer. Always very well made.

They just started canning their Florida Man DIPA which is extremely good. 10 years ago, Cigar City was untouchable in Florida but now, with outsourced production of their core stuff, it's fallen off a bit. It's still good beer but Jai Alai is not even remotely as good as it was when it was made on premises. 

• Like 1

On 2/29/2020 at 5:18 AM, TBGFL said:

Ellipsis out near MCO is good. They're a mostly NEIPA shop but they make good stuff. They're probably top 3 in the state for NEIPAs after Southern Swells and Civil Society.

Ten10, Castle Church, Half Barrel Beer Project, Tactical, Dead Lizard and Rockpit are all good.

Ten10 had a Cinnamon Toast Crunch Stout that was fucking awesome.

Breweries in Orlando are pretty spread out. Be prepared to hop around on toll roads.

just seeing this, thanks for the info but ended up not really hitting up breweries except on near my friends place.  I had 2 of their ipas, she had a heff and a cider, it was ok but the area set up was cool. Similar to a small food hall and the weather was great

Snapchat-1950888348.jpg
host image online