Beer 2020: Pint glasses or it didn’t happen.

HenryJames

6 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

ABW has Sputnik crowlers to go. 

Honest question: why would it cost more to buy direct from the brewery?  Why pay $10 a sixer direct from the source when's it's $9 or less at HEB? (Who take their cut) 

I like the idea of buying direct from the source, but shit, they should at least be the same as I can get on the streets.

Honest question: why would it cost more to buy direct from the brewery?  Why pay $10 a sixer direct from the source when's it's $9 or less at HEB? (Who take their cut) 
I like the idea of buying direct from the source, but shit, they should at least be the same as I can get on the streets.

their largest customers (HEB, Whole Foods, etc) pretty much prohibit that sort of thing.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

already been answered, but i'll also add that if possible, go straight to the source to buy from the brewery. Why? well, freshness of course, but also, that money goes 100% to the brewery and their services gets to keep all tips. Plus, crowlers of taproom only stuff.

• Like 1

I’ll miss H&G. I spoke out a lot on the last board about their rotating ipa. They came out with a new batch every two weeks and only numbered it. There was no way to know what hops they were featuring. They also went a little hard into their barrel program without fully establishing themselves in the to go retail market. Tia a shame, a lot of good memories there

706a9b3549f7348afcddec147a3f5a39.jpg

• Like 2

I'm under a Shelter in place order.

I live above a bar in San Francisco.

My business partner who owns the for-now-closed-bar downstairs just told me I can use my key and help myself to all the draft beer I want before it goes bad. I guess that's means I now have access to pinball and a pool table too.

One small ray of light through this tragedy.

• Like 5

I just supported my local growler place. They offered curbside service delivery on new growler and crowler fills. They also didn't do one of the things that's been bugging me since this whole thing got started. They didn't ask me to produce a credit card or touch an iPad screen to finalize the transaction. They took my info over the phone and manually punched in my card and tip. So many places during this crisis are having every single person touch a screen to either sign their name, enter an amount, add a tip or ask for a receipt. Then those places are also touching your credit card. This place didn't do any of those things. I got two crowlers from them and plan on getting more after my supply dwindles. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AnotherUTFan said:

I'm under a Shelter in place order.

I live above a bar in San Francisco.

My business partner who owns the for-now-closed-bar downstairs just told me I can use my key and help myself to all the draft beer I want before it goes bad. I guess that's means I now have access to pinball and a pool table too.

One small ray of light through this tragedy.

That reminds me of my elementary school daydreams of being locked in the mall overnight with the arcade and the candy store doors left open.

• Like 1

Dont feel like looking back to see if anyone already asked:

Thoughts on St. Arnold's Headliner Blonde Ale?  Bought a sixer and have been enjoying it.  A little more tart than your normal blonde and cant figure what kind of hops their using.  But for a pool side drinker, I like it.

I just supported my local growler place. They offered curbside service delivery on new growler and crowler fills. They also didn't do one of the things that's been bugging me since this whole thing got started. They didn't ask me to produce a credit card or touch an iPad screen to finalize the transaction. They took my info over the phone and manually punched in my card and tip. So many places during this crisis are having every single person touch a screen to either sign their name, enter an amount, add a tip or ask for a receipt. Then those places are also touching your credit card. This place didn't do any of those things. I got two crowlers from them and plan on getting more after my supply dwindles. 

I went to Celestial after work today and was able to order online and it was ready to go. They checked my ID and that’s it. No touching anything else. They’re latest offering is good as usual
cc594faba4b8d47976d09910329a4d8e.jpg
  • Like 1

Lakewood Growler?

Picked up beer at Live Oak, Hi Sign, Hops & Grain, Oddwood, and ABW on Friday afternoon. At each stop I was the only one picking up beer, employees were all very grateful. I now have enough beer to get me through a couple of weeks. 

• Like 3