Beer 2020: Pint glasses or it didn’t happen.

HenryJames

Busted sandal in San Antonio has a pretty cool deal going for beer to go

"

• $3 in-house credit with each 6 pack or 32 ounce growler fill

• $6 in-house credit with a 64 ounce growler fill

• $25 in-house credit with any slim keg purchase

Not valid until the taproom is fully open.  

Edited by dingleberryswitzer

Busted sandal in San Antonio has a pretty cool deal going for beer to go
"
  • $3 in-house credit with each 6 pack or 32 ounce growler fill
  • $6 in-house credit with a 64 ounce growler fill
  • $25 in-house credit with any slim keg purchase
Not valid until the taproom is fully open.  

YeH but then I have to drink busted sandal

1 hour ago, mdleast said:

Tasting pretty great for a 10 year old beer.

52f4af9228c8df89ed5fda2e7cc5fde6.jpg

I have to say, I'm delighted to see that you're finally realizing  and embracing that the point is to DRINK the beer.

BUYING the beer is just a step, it's not the end goal.  STORING the beer is a very short-term step that is only important in that it allows the goal of DRINKING the beer.

So all I can say is, welcome to the jungle.  It gets better here every day.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Slovak chicks are hot.  Humblebrag executed flawlessly.  Well done, sir.

I feel like you kind of have to know Slovakia to know these things.  Usually in convo it doesn't come off like saying Russian, Czech or even Polish...but you cultured bastards don't let anything slide.  And thank you. 

• Like 1

Wife is Slovak, have to rep this shit hard. 

NE IA has some heavily Czech communities. Owner of said brewery and his wife both are. All their beers are named after area towns, and they tend to match beer styles to the predominant ethnicity associated with the town. Protivin still has old fuckers who speak the native tongue and hosts Masopust in the spring and Czech Days in August. Kolaches, brats, and beer.

It'll never catch on.

Just returned from Live Oak to go, where I got a case of roggenbier, and another case of assorted goodies.  So tasty.

Yeah, some faget wrote an article about supporting local breweries. The tone of JK is definitely more somber than ABV.

https://www.austinchronicle.com/daily/food/2020-03-27/austin-craft-brewers-vs-covid-19-austin-beerworks-and-jester-king/

I did Live Oak last week and today hit up St Elmo and Hi Sign. Starting with Carl...in a pint glass.

a09c1142639ba6f9a4ac9175da53b2e4.jpg
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, PantsTent said:

Yeah, some faget wrote an article about supporting local breweries. The tone of JK is definitely more somber than ABV.

https://www.austinchronicle.com/daily/food/2020-03-27/austin-craft-brewers-vs-covid-19-austin-beerworks-and-jester-king/

I did Live Oak last week and today hit up St Elmo and Hi Sign. Starting with Carl...in a pint glass.

a09c1142639ba6f9a4ac9175da53b2e4.jpg

Yeah. If Jester King is any of yalls favorite brewery, I'd start supporting them ASAP 

Learn me on which beers are better stored, please.

For me, barrel aged stouts and most closer to 10% ABV (non-IPA/pale ale obviously) beers are better with age (if stored properly like a beer fridge or closer in a cool house like mine...pretty much never over 70 degrees) as they become smoother and less “hot” with the alcohol.
  • Like 1

Drank my last St. Arnold's Commitment today. Just opened my last of a 12 pack of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Have a few Primus left that my wife picked up the other day. Getting dangerously low though. Thinking about cracking one of the DFH 120's that I've been aging. Seems like as good of a time as any.

I was thinking of getting Jester King for lunch today seeing as my better half really enjoys their beer and they're not doing so hot.  Blanc de Bois Gewurztraminer Coferm - $36 for a crowler.  Damn.  Even the mainstays are $17.  We both still have jobs but maybe I'll just be getting pizza.

#9? #9? #9?

This has obviously lost some carbonation (which is weird as I have several other beers as old or even older than this stored in the exact same place/manner that retained all their carb) but is still very tasty and so smooth.

d87b729d027a71e790c5eecbb77bcb38.jpg

194ff9e1e128c71dc483813907827b40.jpg