Beer 2020: Pint glasses or it didn’t happen.

HenryJames

7 hours ago, shnsajax said:

Covid forced Barley Browns to start canning beer. Best news of the past couple of weeks.

f4578a7a2eebae69dd8516c1479c65d2.jpg

They definitely make good beer. I didn’t realize they were draft only.

You’re in Idaho right?  Was that a retail purchase or did you go through Baker City?

Edited by Incredulity

Thanks to mdmost for the brewery to door delivery to me (& he can post about how that went) but taking the first taste of the first beer of this just opened today (for to go only of course) local brewery. Tasty pale ale. On point pint glass.

99ee201785630ea34bf09c45d495ef09.jpg

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, mdleast said:

Thanks to mdmost for the brewery to door delivery to me (& he can post about how that went) but taking the first taste of the first beer of this just opened today (for to go only of course) local brewery. Tasty pale ale. On point pint glass.

cover3.jpg

what a kick in the nuts to finally get a brewery open during this shitty time period

Apparently the neighborhood and nearby beer nerds have been thirsting (no pun intended) for it as, per mdmost, someone there told him they had 100 online orders right when they started taking orders at 4:00. I know that they had to shut down the site for online ordering by 4:05 (and understand it is supposed to be back up and running around 8:00). So 100 orders in 5 minutes or less?!? Unfortunately, it sounded like a real shit show to pick up what were supposed to be to the car, no worries easy delivery. Again, my brother can chime in as to how that went. Currently drinking their Keyframe: Sabro hazy.

b8a131315432ba462fb2604b26b56419.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Incredulity said:

They definitely make good beer. I didn’t realize they were draft only.

You’re in Idaho right?  Was that a retail purchase or did you go through Baker City?

Retail, they are about 2 hours away from Boise and usually send kegs here I think every week or two. 

The University of Okoboji was my safety school.

I’ve been Director of the U of O Flying Club since ‘06, and have a permanent guest room at the President’s Mansion.

One of my best friends from ISU’s dad and uncle started the Three Sons/University of Okoboji. He and his cousins are taking over the business currently.

Fun fact: the 1878 in the seal has nothing to do with when the area was settled. It’s his uncle and aunt’s anniversary

On 4/5/2020 at 5:15 PM, mdleast said:

2013 Velvet Merkin is tasting velvety smooooth...which I suppose would be the opposite of merkin smooth?

adac54dda48874c5d7edd51e363322ac.jpg

4b89264629a5a2b358de965e109c1ad3.jpg

I mean, the softness of a merkin depends on if it's been properly cared for.

• Like 2