Beer 2020: Pint glasses or it didn’t happen.

HenryJames

“The new Pearl, which is being brewed at the Oasis Brewing Co. outside Austin, is available for $9.49 a six-pack at select retail locations, including H-E-B stores, in San Antonio starting the first week of June.”

$9.50 for a sixer of trash light adjunct lager in a fucking clear bottle? it’s so stupid they probably won’t be able to brew it fast enough.
  • Like 1

On 5/17/2020 at 11:40 AM, HenryJames said:

“The new Pearl, which is being brewed at the Oasis Brewing Co. outside Austin, is available for $9.49 a six-pack at select retail locations, including H-E-B stores, in San Antonio starting the first week of June.”

are they going to have the word games underneath the bottle caps again?  if so, i'm in for a sixer.

1 hour ago, thrillhammer said:

I didn't know lone star ever did that.  if they do, I guarantee you the stole it from pearl.

1 hour ago, Hank_Hill said:

Have for a long time. But yea, probably 

Well Pabst has owned Pearl since 1985 and Lone Star since 1999 so... yeah, probably.

With all the new/seasonal/limited releases out these days I realize it’s been a long time since I last had this classic. I need to work this back into the normal purchase rotation.

7727447711a23062ec54cf5d20003eb9.plist
Bought a case at the beginning of shelter in place and downed it in a couple days. Always hits the spot.

On 5/17/2020 at 6:12 PM, patrickdrinksbeer said:

$9.50 for a sixer of trash light adjunct lager in a fucking clear bottle? it’s so stupid they probably won’t be able to brew it fast enough.

This.

I'm always left asking, "but why" on some of these...

2 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Wooooah.   That's cool.  What is that 1.5 gallon?  Refillable?

It was $50 and I got around 10 pints out if it.  No refills so I'm not quite sure what to do with it.  May call them to see.

14 hours ago, patrickdrinksbeer said:

so did anyone visit a taproom that reopened this weekend? mine opted to stick with to-go only but our sales were definitely down. curious what the scenes were like at open joints.

Yup.  I went to Whitestone Brewery yesterday.  The tables both inside and out in the biergarten were all separated out to proper social distancing, and were limited to 6 people max per table.  There were four of us, my wife and me, and my bother and his wife.  Servers were wearing masks, and I wore one every time I went up to the bar to order a drink.  For obvious reasons, patrons at their tables were not wearing masks.

It was low-key, but that place usually is anyway.  It felt good to be out and about.  This is the first public place I've been to aside from the grocery store, since this all started.  I haven't been to any restaurants yet, but figured I'd break my quarantine with a brewery.

Hope your business picks up, pdb.  Good luck!